[Brooklyn, NY] 5/1/11 King of Games

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Unless I win (yeah, right); then I'm changing the title.

Time: REGISTRATION EXTENDED TO 12:30 DUE TO TRAFFIC
Date: Sunday, May 1st 2011
Fee: $5 + WBO fees ($5 one time fee or $10 year round pass)
Format: Double Elimination

Same thing as every other time. For curious parents, the tournament takes 4-5 hours. Call or text if you are going to be late: 631-745-7001

Attendees:
Deikailo
Shippudenface
Flameleone2300
Ultimate KCPJ
IKMV
Bladersnowkid
ArmorD-00taku
CyberDranzer
JonnB
Sircancer28
littlekev0
LILHOBOHUNTER
BBlader123
Beystrategist
Bluezee
Rocky257
M L Drago
Spin-Sonic
hydreigon
Otsu
aimi8
Killerspinner
Kaji Motomiya
Cye Kinomiya
bladestriker99
Hurricane Eagle
skatekid12
rayunicorn2000
WhiteWave
WhiteLightning
StaticX
J Drago

Total: 31

SALE LIST:
(20) BB-109 Random Booster Version 7 - Beat Lynx
(4) BB-99 Hell Kerbecs BD145DS Starter
(3) BB-01 Pegasis 145F Starter (no beypointer)
(2) BB-07 Saggitario 145S Booster
(1) BB-46 Beystadium Standard Type
(3) Sonokong Killer Beafowl UW145EWD Starter
(2) Sonokong Screw Capricorne 90MF Starter
(1) Sonokong Grand Ketos T125RS Starter
(2) Hasbro Storm Pegasis Starter

RAFFLE PRIZE: L DRAGO DESTROY! $5 per raffle ticket!

Because I had to get all of this EMS'd, don't expect it to be cheap. I think Having 20 of the newest RBVs (and the best RBV to date; nothing in here is trash) to sell is amazing. Please, don't ask prices. Since I had to loan money for this, I have to reach gross sales quotas in order to keep selling Beyblades for you guys so I have to figure out prices/a system.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Awww. I missed watching this Live... Would of been great watching that Lightning Tank **** that Earth wheel.

Congrats to everyone Especially those newer Bladers for going so Far.

And of Course Bluezee. XD
here's the reason y i didn't go to the tournament. I was too busy working on my final animation. would seem fun to share it with everyone:
http://youtu.be/PqC-Asb1N0c?hd=1
Hey everyone Dani left a stadium at Kings Games for us to practise n just have some fun. If anyone decides to come pm me cuz I live in the area.
(May. 03, 2011  2:42 AM)Shippudenface Wrote: Hey everyone Dani left a stadium at Kings Games for us to practise n just have some fun. If anyone decides to come pm me cuz I live in the area.
Oh Really :3 Shes taking the NEXT Stage and make King Games to a WBBA Games XD
(May. 02, 2011  4:02 AM)Bluezee Wrote: I am now not only "The Beast of the East" but I am also, thanks to this tournament, "King of Games". I will look forward to playing you all again and I will bring my team to dominate again as they did today. It was GREAT to see a lot of new faces in the final. I feel proud of hydreigon and littlekev for coming so far with what I made them. They will go VERY far.

Shut up already dude. You didn't cure cancer, you won a spinning top tournament. There are people here who have done 1000x more for Beyblade than you ever have and they somehow manage to not brag about themselves in every post they make.
I was really disappointed with the way this tournament was run. It wasn't as efficiant as it could be. With a growing community, we need to train on judging tournaments and making them run efficiantly. Apparently, there have been matches that have been misjudged (i.e. switching bd145 modes, a judge letting a player use a cracked ES, not understanding that the area above the stadium constitutes as still in play, etc). To me, not knowing these rules is completely unacceptable.

In addition, you will all be learning Mantis, the double elimination system and we are going to discuss how to sort matches and set up tournaments to run more swiftly and efficiantly. My goal is to make it easier for bladers to find their battle stations instead of my yelling at the top of my lungs only to have a Beyblader say "one minute, I'm free battling".

From this point forward, I'm requiring training. Training and the written test will be on Saturday at 6pm at Kings Games. Cye is exempt. Eligible judges include:

IKMV
Cye Kinomiya
Spin-Sonic
ArmorD-00taku
Shippudenface
Otsu
Djspida5
Ultimate KCPJ
Beystrategist
FlameLeone2300
Cyber Blader

Otsu, since you are a long way away, we'll livestream it for you and I'll review it to you before Xanadu Games. Everyone else is required to be there if they want to judge in any of my tournaments. Cye, if you want to learn Mantis, I recommend coming, but you know the rules better than any of us so I don't have a problem if you choose to skip it.

I can't be the only one running these tournaments anymore. One person to 30-38 people is insane. Nothing will be done efficiantly. If we can't work together as a community to make these tournaments successful, I'm going to have to revisit my role in it.
(May. 03, 2011  4:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 02, 2011  4:02 AM)Bluezee Wrote: I am now not only "The Beast of the East" but I am also, thanks to this tournament, "King of Games". I will look forward to playing you all again and I will bring my team to dominate again as they did today. It was GREAT to see a lot of new faces in the final. I feel proud of hydreigon and littlekev for coming so far with what I made them. They will go VERY far.

Shut up already dude. You didn't cure cancer, you won a spinning top tournament. There are people here who have done 1000x more for Beyblade than you ever have and they somehow manage to not brag about themselves in every post they make.

No one complains but you. It would be really great if you stayed on topic. Also, I am not trying to brag so if that is what it comes off as, excuse me. Personally, I don't care what you think though. Everyone who really knows me knows that I am not trying to be offensive or anything like that. In fact, some people use these statements for fuel and inspire themselves to become better and play against stronger opponents because win or lose, they have a lot of fun just playing in the tournaments. I'm not trying to do anything for beyblade. That is not my intention. I play. I don't intend on trying to do anything for the game because I like it just the way it is. If I do anything for it, it happens more so by chance. I just don't like the current metagame.
(May. 03, 2011  7:38 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

No one complains but you. It would be really great if you stayed on topic. Also, I am not trying to brag so if that is what it comes off as, excuse me. Personally, I don't care what you think though. Everyone who really knows me knows that I am not trying to be offensive or anything like that. In fact, some people use these statements for fuel and inspire themselves to become better and play against stronger opponents because win or lose, they have a lot of fun just playing in the tournaments. I'm not trying to do anything for beyblade. That is not my intention. I play. I don't intend on trying to do anything for the game because I like it just the way it is. If I do anything for it, it happens more so by chance. I just don't like the current metagame.
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:57 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I am going to ignore all the ignorance and immaturity. I could easily shut all of that down one at a time but that would just ruin my thread.
You're not offensive? That's direct from your topic. Calling people ignorant and immature is offensive. For the record, Brad is on topic. You're bragging. You always brag. I'm telling you this because I do know you. I know you quite well and it's annoying.

Seriously, I've told you to tone everything down and you haven't. You blatantly brag and then say "oh, I'm not bragging."

Definition of Bragging:

brag   /bræg/ Show Spelled
[brag]
verb, bragged, brag·ging, noun, adjective
–verb (used without object)
1. to use boastful language; boast: He bragged endlessly about his high score.
–verb (used with object)
2. to boast of: He bragged that he had won.
–noun
3. a boast or vaunt.
4. a thing to boast of.
5. a boaster.

Grab a dictionary.

You want to judge tournaments, yet you don't want to do anything for Beyblade? Can you see why you're the only person I won't let judge a match during my tournaments? You also complain about my judges exhibiting bias. You also don't even know the rules!

Don't tell Brad off - he's not the only person who feels this way. I should know because I do, too. I know that my tournaments are revered in the Beyblade community, however, I still feel as though my method is way less than perfect and needs a drastic improvement. You don't see me posting saying "YEAH I HOSTED ANOTHER AMAZING TOURNAMENT! " Instead, I expressed disappointment because I'm not living up to my own standards. You also don't see Brad parading around about how he spent his entire life running the most successful website and now he's employeed doing something he loves. Kei wins many tournaments in Canada and I've never heard him brag. Not once!

I'd also like to point out that Toronto is part of the east and Kei has more beypoints than you.

Unfortunately, this argument is going nowhere and it never will because you don't digest any constructive criticism when it comes to your behavior. Please stay on topic and keep this out of my thread.
(May. 03, 2011  7:38 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

Fine I'll join in and complain as well. Tone it down. You come off as a prick.

A grown carp adult bragging about being victorious in this game only speaks to your immaturity. Displace your head from your carp and you might be able to see it.
Quote:No one complains but you.

It's cute that you think that.
(Mar. 15, 2011  1:22 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Why should I have to "tone it down" a bit if I want to support something? That's like telling me to be passive and just let people shoot down everything I say, like people always try to do, and just submit to everything that is said that downplays my skill and combos. It shouldn't even be a matter of "his tone is too loud and he does not have an I-couldn't-care-much-if-people-shoot-down-my combo attitude". If everyone had that attitude, we would not have a metagame or tier today at all. It was because people stood up for what they believed was right that we actually have something to speak about. I have my own path so I am not going to be passive like other members here so take it or leave it. I do so much and put so much effort into things I do just to get such little recognition especially for the amount of time I have been here while others feed off of others' passiveness and get recognition for an idea that may not even be their own. I will not accept that and if you are saying that my solo-testing is invalid because it is not 2-player testing, then you are saying that 95% of this board is based on invalid results. I could do the 2 player testing and the results would be the same. I can guarantee you that. If you want to see that bad, it can be done but don't suggest that I sit around and let people bad-mouth things I do because they are too arrogant to try something new and accept something that shuts old theories down and brings forth change.
Bluezee, you must be quite oblivious if you haven't noticed that Brad isn't the only person complaining about you. It's OK to be happy or proud that you've won something, and that you win fairly consistently too; if you're in that position you deserve to feel that way. You can respect someone who is humble about their success. However, nobody can respect someone who is condescending and arrogant about their perceived "greatness" and superiority over others.

Maybe you honestly aren't trying to come off that way, I don't know. But you are, and you need to wake up to it.
I know I'm not a mod or anything, but can we get back to a productive conversation? We've made our points and like I said, they will not sink in.

So let's talk about the live stream. How did you all feel about it? Aside from the unstable connection. Did you all feel like you were a part of the event?
I should have went to this.
this is what puzzles me.

cause when i play bluezee and chat with him in person. he's pretty cool dude to me. but then i see him type and post on these forums and i'm like, man, why you saying all that stuff.

he doesn't sound anything like the forums in person.
I think the live stream could have little work on it, like not to cut off the video in live and ill help with the live stream even I have that webcam too dei but I would like to test the website
(May. 03, 2011  11:09 PM)Otsu Wrote: this is what puzzles me.

cause when i play bluezee and chat with him in person. he's pretty cool dude to me. but then i see him type and post on these forums and i'm like, man, why you saying all that stuff.

This is true for most humans. It'd be hard to say things like that to someone'e face, and it'd be hard not to sound a certain way by making claims.
(May. 03, 2011  6:57 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I was really disappointed with the way this tournament was run. It wasn't as efficiant as it could be. With a growing community, we need to train on judging tournaments and making them run efficiantly. Apparently, there have been matches that have been misjudged (i.e. switching bd145 modes, a judge letting a player use a cracked ES, not understanding that the area above the stadium constitutes as still in play, etc). To me, not knowing these rules is completely unacceptable.

In addition, you will all be learning Mantis, the double elimination system and we are going to discuss how to sort matches and set up tournaments to run more swiftly and efficiantly. My goal is to make it easier for bladers to find their battle stations instead of my yelling at the top of my lungs only to have a Beyblader say "one minute, I'm free battling".

From this point forward, I'm requiring training. Training and the written test will be on Saturday at 6pm at Kings Games. Cye is exempt. Eligible judges include:

IKMV
Cye Kinomiya
Spin-Sonic
ArmorD-00taku
Shippudenface
Otsu
Djspida5
Ultimate KCPJ
Beystrategist
FlameLeone2300
Cyber Blader

I can't be the only one running these tournaments anymore. One person to 30-38 people is insane. Nothing will be done efficiantly. If we can't work together as a community to make these tournaments successful, I'm going to have to revisit my role in it.
I'll try to make it there for the training and written exam. My mom wants to discuss the topic more with me before I say yes.
I am so excited! I might have something planned for a Saturday evening instead of watching reruns on television lol Smile
What is the prize is it the beys under the sales list?????
(May. 03, 2011  11:48 PM)mcdeeboy52 Wrote: What is the prize is it the beys under the sales list?????
The Prize is Store Credit From King of Games Witch Can be Sold From Sale List what there or Cards From store
Also, first place (Bluezee) got LDD.
(May. 04, 2011  12:10 AM)Cyber Blader Wrote: Also, first place (Bluezee) got LDD.
LOL! From Raffle? wait who won the LDD from Raffle?
(May. 04, 2011  12:29 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote:
(May. 04, 2011  12:10 AM)Cyber Blader Wrote: Also, first place (Bluezee) got LDD.
LOL! From Raffle? wait who won the LDD from Raffle?

Shyboy won the raffle, at least I think that was his username
(May. 03, 2011  11:09 PM)Otsu Wrote: this is what puzzles me.

We're not talking about Bluezee anymore. Drop it.
(May. 03, 2011  11:25 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: I think the live stream could have little work on it, like not to cut off the video in live and ill help with the live stream even I have that webcam too dei but I would like to test the website
I already said it was our connection. Uncertain That wasn't my doing.
Oh, well i'll test with my webcam with Live Stream on my laptop