[Brisbane, Australia] Bey Fury! - 23/1/2011

on
Hosted by
  Fyuuor
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

BEY FURY!

BRISBANE'S FIRST OFFICIAL WBO TOURNAMENT EVER!

COME AND BE A PART OF HISTORY!

*Please note there will be a $5 entry fee to help pay for the costs of prizes*

Hello and Welcome Bladers! Brisbane finally has an Official WBO Tournament and it’s called 'Bey Fury!' I know that there have been quite a few Brisbane members whom have been waiting quite a long time for this to happen and it's finally about to happen on the 23rd of January! Come down and test your skills against some of the strongest and most technically proficient Bladers in Brisbane! Earn the chance to prove yourself to the World by winning Beypoints, who knows you could leave the Tournament ranked by the World Beyblade Organization as one of the best Beybladers in the world!

It doesn't matter whether your a Veteran or only starting the amazing and fantastic game that is Beyblade as you'll be sure to discover what true Beyspirit is at 'Bey Fury!'. While attending 'Bey Fury!' you'll have the chance to make a new friend, create an awesome Bey Team that’ll rival the Bladebreakers or even find a new adversary to constantly test your developing skills against! Though 'Bey Fury!' doesn't have to be all serious, after the Tournament has finished free play will commence which'll give you the opportunity to battle against the other participants whom just competed at 'Bey Fury!' freely while not having to worry about the restrictions of previous Beyblade Generations. You'll have the chance to either use a favoured and nostalgic Plastic Generation Beyblade, the neglected series that was the Heavy/Hard Metal System or choose to stick with MFB to find out once and for all whether a Beyblades strength and power have increased with MFB. Even if your not that into battles and simply enjoy a good discussion on Beyblade parts, combos or concepts 'Bey Fury!' is the place for you since numerous knowledgeable Bladers will be there along with myself!

Now the best bit of all is that the 'Bey Fury!' will be recorded! Parts of the 'Bey Fury!' Tournament will be recorded with the footage that is recored is going to be edited into a video and displayed on Fyuuor’s You Tube Page which is one of the most popular and visited Beyblade You Tube pages in the world! This'll give YOU the chance for the entire world to witness the glory of your victory and the unveiling of a new Beyblade Champion!

Hope to see you all there as it’s going to be a blast!

Fyuuor

ROMA STREET PARKLANDS MAP

Access to Roma Street Parklands is easy! You can either catch a bus to Roma Street Bus Terminal or a train to Roma Street Station, it's a 5 min walk from station!

Since the Tournament is so close to Roma Street Train Station there is a cafe simply 30 meters away along with a vending machine for quick drinks and snacks if you become peckish whilst there is a drinking fountain next to the vending machine if you find your quite thirsty while being a little strapped for cash. Though if you find yourself dying from starvation don't despair there is a food court inside the Train Station with the following stores inside McDonalds, KFC, Doughnut King, Pizza, Sushi Bar, Fruit Bar and even a Kebab Store. For toilets there are some next to the cafe or inside the Train Station.

If you find that you're trying to save a bit of money your more then welcomed to bring your own lunch and drinks, in fact I'll encourage the idea of bringing your own food since buying lunch from the Food Court may become a little pricey.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE RECENT FLOODING IN BRISBANE *MUST READ*

This message is to clarify that the 'Bey Fury!' Beyblade Tournament will occur on the scheduled date of the 23rd of January 2011 at the Roma Street Parklands. The flooding that is occurring in Brisbane the City which is hosting 'Bey Fury!' is expected to peak at 4am Thursday the 13th of January with the flood waters reseeding by Saturday the 15th of January. When 'Bey Fury!' occurs on the 23rd of January all if not the majority of the flood water is expected to be gone. If anything occurs to delay the scheduled 'Bey Fury!' from occurring I'll post and update immediately to inform everybody.

My most important priority is the safety of the participants of 'Bey Fury!'. I don't want people to under the notion that I'm hell bent on hosting 'Bey Fury!' no matter what the costs. I wouldn't endorse the 'Bey Fury!' Tournament continuing and being a safe environment unless I believed wholeheartedly and with conviction that travel to and from 'Bey Fury!' is completely safe.

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:

DATE: 23rd January 2011
LOCATION: Carriage Deck; Roma Street Parklands (Location is circled on the map included above)
TIME: 12PM Onwards
FORMAT:
MFB Only, Standard Round Robin. If there are to many participants we'll change the format to Block Style Round Robin.
Though after Bey Fury! has finished free play will commence which allows the use of either MFB, HMS or Plastic Beyblades.
ENTRY FEE: $5 AUD

$$$$$$$PRIZES$$$$$$

1st:
1x Hasbro Stadium; either Pegasis Thunderwhip Stadium or LL Drago Stadium
1x Galaxy Pegasis W105R2F
1x Dragon Bite Set; Lightning L Drago 100HF and Earth Wolf 105WD

2nd:
1x Dark Gasher CH120SF
1x Storm Pegasis 100RF

3rd:
1x Dark Bull H145SD
1x Rock Leone Top Keychain

EXPECTED TURNOUT: 11 - 15

HIRING OF BEYBLADES:
Beyblades will be available for hire, though due to theft there will be a $10 deposit required to hire a Beyblade for the duration of Bey Fury!
The $10 which is deposited is returned upon returning the hired Beyblade.

CONFIRMED:
newbeyblader
RockAriesRulez
future blader
njrk97 (Plus 2 to 3 friends)
jake: D
GreeNxBlader (Plus 1 to 2 Friends)
PowerSlide
Fyuuor
Shadow Bull (Plus 3 Friends)
moothecow
Wraith
KsB1
neoknux009
strompegasus456
BladerAce
daniel20417

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM BEY FURY!

Out Of Vortex Beyblade Tournament 1

Out Of Vortex Beyblade Tournament 2

In the links above are two previous Tournaments that I've hosted before in the past.

For those whom are unfamiliar with my history regarding Beyblade Tournaments, I've hosted two previous non-WBO tournaments with success in 2005 and 2006 with footage of the event above in the links while I've personally have competed in three Official Hasbro Blader Jam Tournaments in 2004 and 2005.

Once again hope you all can make it as it's going to be a Beyblade experience of a life time!

Fyuuor

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Alright guys only a few short hours until 'Bey Fury!' kicks off! I'll be leaving soon in order to set up the Tournament, so I'll probably get there around 10 -10:30am. If anybody has any questions please don’t hesitate to give me a PM as I’ll be regularly checking my PM’s on my phone.

Since I can’t leave the Tournament unattended unfortunately if anybody happens to get incredibly lost I won’t be able to come and help search for you, though in case that does happen where you can’t find the Tournament please send me a PM telling me that you’re lost and I’ll respond my giving you by personal mobile number. Just give me a call and I’ll be able direct you, though I want to stress that I'm giving out my personal mobile number if your incredibly lost and it looks as if you’ll end up on the other side of Brisbane, ha.

*Please note if anybody needs to send me a message but they are unable to due to lack of Internet access, there are a few computers with Internet access available inside the Roma Street Train Station which are near the baggage lockers.*
Good luck to everyone who is going to this Smile.
Good Luck with the tournament Guys!

The Deikailo Tournament in New York on Sunday too But it seems its already Sunday in Brisbane lol
Good Luck Guys
fyuuor i might be a bit late for the tournament by 5mins
So how did it go?
IT WAS AWSOME!!! i came fourth though so close to the finals i wish i got in hey fyuuor when will u host another?!!
It's good you had fun there Grin. How many people went? Also who came 1st 2nd and 3rd?
bladerace u came 5th not 4th my brother came 4th and got 3rd place prizes
oh so he got the 3rd place prizes how
cause the host won and u lift and we have 5 win each so i got 3rd place prize
(Jan. 23, 2011  10:21 AM)BladerAce Wrote: oh so he got the 3rd place prizes how

I'm extremely Sorry BladerAce but we couldn't find you anywhere when were deciding 4th place. Since we couldn't find you and the amount of wins that you and Nitrobey recorded were the same we decided to give the prize to Nitrobey, though originally we had decided to let you BladerAce and Nitrobey have a battle to decide whom would take home 3rds prizes. Though unfortunately since we couldn't find you we decided to give the prizes to Nitrobey by default.

-------------------------

Thank you everybody who came to 'Bey Fury!' today, you've all made it a wonderful Tournament though I must say I honestly hadn't anticipated such a large amount of participants entrants as I originally assumed we'd have a turn out of 8 - 12. Officially we had 24 competitors with the majority non-WBO members whom I'll need to create accounts for.

At this stage I'm not sure whether or not there'll be another Tournament, though if there was another I'd run things slightly differently as it simply took too long for use to reach the Finals, definitely no Round Robin.

Now for the Top 3 placings:

3rd: njrk97
2nd: neoknux_009

And first place went to...

1st: Fyuuor

Since it would have been unfair for the Tournament organizer to receive the prizes which were allocated I decided to give the prize for 1st place to 2nd, with 3rd place receiving 2nd's prize whilst finally the participant whom finished 4th received the prizes which were originally going to be given to 3rd place.

Once again thank you so much to everybody for attending, I hope you guys all enjoyed the Tournament as much as I did. A special thank you to E-mans mother whom helped out with the bookwork if it wasn’t for your generosity in donating your time the Tournament would most probably still be happening, lol. At the moment I’m not sure whether or not they’ll be another Tournament though seeing the excitement on everybody’s faces and on how much they enjoyed today it certainly makes me tempted to host another Tournament. I must say that seeing GreenXBlader's father enter the Tournament was quite entertaining, the thing is he actually knew what he was doing, lol.

*Please note that the allocation of Bey Points may take a little while as I need to sort everything out as at some points during the day it became quite chaotic*
fyuuor who that person that u buy bey off
AkirasDaddy his a great seller, can't recommended him enough. Offers the best prices on the net coupled with excellent service, incredibly fast postage while always having the newest Bey which are released, his even selling Screw Capricorne 90MF and it was only released yesterday! He'd be my personal favorite.

If your interested in buying something just give him a PM with what your after and he'll send you instructions for what you need to do next, it's really easy. If you have any troubles don't hesitate to give me a PM Wink

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-AkirasDa...ll-Kerbecs
awwww i wish i stayed longer for the 3rd prize but was the bull takaratomy becuse in only interested in the takaratomy ripcord launcher becuase of the long ripcord an the luancher has no grooves
The Dark Bull for 3rd place was a Hasbro Beyblade, unfortunately it doesn't come with an exceptionally long rip cord like the Takara Tomy/Sono Kong Starters.

But seriously if you had stayed I could have given you a Light Launcher and a few Takara Tomy ripcords, I've got a whole shoe box full of them that I don't use, lol.
Lol, Fyuuor your 230CS combo dominated. Sorry I couldn't go, but comforted in the fact that people had fun, hah.
I was quite surprised by how well it did, though the majority of participants used a LSTC.

For the majority of the Tournament I used MF - L Flame Bull 230CS though for one battle I changed Flame to Earth Mold 1 my Earth Wheel ended up breaking, ha. It was actually quite cool on how it happened since both Beys collided in mid-air, lol.
I've organized and sent in the Beypoints Smile
i havent got my beypoints yet
Don't worry I've sent them in. It may take a few days since they need to sort through not only the results of ‘Bey Fury!’ but also several other Tournaments from around the World which were scheduled around the same time as ‘Bey Fury!’. Please be patient, I’m waiting for my Bey Points to come through as well, lol
Haha Looks like a Good Tourney for the First Brisbane tourney ever.
Fyuuor won. Surprise, Surprise. Nah well done!
(Jan. 23, 2011  12:34 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: I was quite surprised by how well it did, though the majority of participants used a LSTC.

For the majority of the Tournament I used MF - L Flame Bull 230CS though for one battle I changed Flame to Earth Mold 1 my Earth Wheel ended up breaking, ha. It was actually quite cool on how it happened since both Beys collided in mid-air, lol.

yehh it was pretty epic aye:L felt kinda bad when i did it though
and fyuoor can u get neoknux to msn/ pm me
(Jan. 28, 2011  1:55 PM)daniel20417 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2011  12:34 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: I was quite surprised by how well it did, though the majority of participants used a LSTC.

yehh it was pretty epic aye:L felt kinda bad when i did it though
and fyuoor can u get neoknux to msn/ pm me

Don't worry about it man, those are the sort of things that happen in battle. If anything you should feel good since it shows that you have a strong launch as those things don't happen very often in MFB. Plus I thought that it looked pretty cool when it happened, lol.

I gave Neoknux_009 your MSN but he said it was invalid. You can try sending him a PM.
http://worldbeyblade.org/User-neoknux-009

-----------------------

On another note there should be some footage of the Tournament up over the weekend. Once it's up i'll post a link here for you guys to be able to check it out.
yeah it was fun.

guess ill just have to beat fyuoorr next time. ;]

btw...when are pics and videos and stuff up? i havent seen any D;