[Brisbane, Australia] Bey Fury! - 23/1/2011

on
Hosted by
  Fyuuor
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

BEY FURY!

BRISBANE'S FIRST OFFICIAL WBO TOURNAMENT EVER!

COME AND BE A PART OF HISTORY!

*Please note there will be a $5 entry fee to help pay for the costs of prizes*

Hello and Welcome Bladers! Brisbane finally has an Official WBO Tournament and it’s called 'Bey Fury!' I know that there have been quite a few Brisbane members whom have been waiting quite a long time for this to happen and it's finally about to happen on the 23rd of January! Come down and test your skills against some of the strongest and most technically proficient Bladers in Brisbane! Earn the chance to prove yourself to the World by winning Beypoints, who knows you could leave the Tournament ranked by the World Beyblade Organization as one of the best Beybladers in the world!

It doesn't matter whether your a Veteran or only starting the amazing and fantastic game that is Beyblade as you'll be sure to discover what true Beyspirit is at 'Bey Fury!'. While attending 'Bey Fury!' you'll have the chance to make a new friend, create an awesome Bey Team that’ll rival the Bladebreakers or even find a new adversary to constantly test your developing skills against! Though 'Bey Fury!' doesn't have to be all serious, after the Tournament has finished free play will commence which'll give you the opportunity to battle against the other participants whom just competed at 'Bey Fury!' freely while not having to worry about the restrictions of previous Beyblade Generations. You'll have the chance to either use a favoured and nostalgic Plastic Generation Beyblade, the neglected series that was the Heavy/Hard Metal System or choose to stick with MFB to find out once and for all whether a Beyblades strength and power have increased with MFB. Even if your not that into battles and simply enjoy a good discussion on Beyblade parts, combos or concepts 'Bey Fury!' is the place for you since numerous knowledgeable Bladers will be there along with myself!

Now the best bit of all is that the 'Bey Fury!' will be recorded! Parts of the 'Bey Fury!' Tournament will be recorded with the footage that is recored is going to be edited into a video and displayed on Fyuuor’s You Tube Page which is one of the most popular and visited Beyblade You Tube pages in the world! This'll give YOU the chance for the entire world to witness the glory of your victory and the unveiling of a new Beyblade Champion!

Hope to see you all there as it’s going to be a blast!

Fyuuor

ROMA STREET PARKLANDS MAP

Access to Roma Street Parklands is easy! You can either catch a bus to Roma Street Bus Terminal or a train to Roma Street Station, it's a 5 min walk from station!

Since the Tournament is so close to Roma Street Train Station there is a cafe simply 30 meters away along with a vending machine for quick drinks and snacks if you become peckish whilst there is a drinking fountain next to the vending machine if you find your quite thirsty while being a little strapped for cash. Though if you find yourself dying from starvation don't despair there is a food court inside the Train Station with the following stores inside McDonalds, KFC, Doughnut King, Pizza, Sushi Bar, Fruit Bar and even a Kebab Store. For toilets there are some next to the cafe or inside the Train Station.

If you find that you're trying to save a bit of money your more then welcomed to bring your own lunch and drinks, in fact I'll encourage the idea of bringing your own food since buying lunch from the Food Court may become a little pricey.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE RECENT FLOODING IN BRISBANE *MUST READ*

This message is to clarify that the 'Bey Fury!' Beyblade Tournament will occur on the scheduled date of the 23rd of January 2011 at the Roma Street Parklands. The flooding that is occurring in Brisbane the City which is hosting 'Bey Fury!' is expected to peak at 4am Thursday the 13th of January with the flood waters reseeding by Saturday the 15th of January. When 'Bey Fury!' occurs on the 23rd of January all if not the majority of the flood water is expected to be gone. If anything occurs to delay the scheduled 'Bey Fury!' from occurring I'll post and update immediately to inform everybody.

My most important priority is the safety of the participants of 'Bey Fury!'. I don't want people to under the notion that I'm hell bent on hosting 'Bey Fury!' no matter what the costs. I wouldn't endorse the 'Bey Fury!' Tournament continuing and being a safe environment unless I believed wholeheartedly and with conviction that travel to and from 'Bey Fury!' is completely safe.

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:

DATE: 23rd January 2011
LOCATION: Carriage Deck; Roma Street Parklands (Location is circled on the map included above)
TIME: 12PM Onwards
FORMAT:
MFB Only, Standard Round Robin. If there are to many participants we'll change the format to Block Style Round Robin.
Though after Bey Fury! has finished free play will commence which allows the use of either MFB, HMS or Plastic Beyblades.
ENTRY FEE: $5 AUD

$$$$$$$PRIZES$$$$$$

1st:
1x Hasbro Stadium; either Pegasis Thunderwhip Stadium or LL Drago Stadium
1x Galaxy Pegasis W105R2F
1x Dragon Bite Set; Lightning L Drago 100HF and Earth Wolf 105WD

2nd:
1x Dark Gasher CH120SF
1x Storm Pegasis 100RF

3rd:
1x Dark Bull H145SD
1x Rock Leone Top Keychain

EXPECTED TURNOUT: 11 - 15

HIRING OF BEYBLADES:
Beyblades will be available for hire, though due to theft there will be a $10 deposit required to hire a Beyblade for the duration of Bey Fury!
The $10 which is deposited is returned upon returning the hired Beyblade.

CONFIRMED:
newbeyblader
RockAriesRulez
future blader
njrk97 (Plus 2 to 3 friends)
jake: D
GreeNxBlader (Plus 1 to 2 Friends)
PowerSlide
Fyuuor
Shadow Bull (Plus 3 Friends)
moothecow
Wraith
KsB1
neoknux009
strompegasus456
BladerAce
daniel20417

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM BEY FURY!

Out Of Vortex Beyblade Tournament 1

Out Of Vortex Beyblade Tournament 2

In the links above are two previous Tournaments that I've hosted before in the past.

For those whom are unfamiliar with my history regarding Beyblade Tournaments, I've hosted two previous non-WBO tournaments with success in 2005 and 2006 with footage of the event above in the links while I've personally have competed in three Official Hasbro Blader Jam Tournaments in 2004 and 2005.

Once again hope you all can make it as it's going to be a Beyblade experience of a life time!

Fyuuor

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

BladerAce talk to me sunday i might have a spare one then
(Jan. 20, 2011  9:09 AM)pikabattler Wrote: how is it broken? if the retractor gear broke then a new launcher is needed, witch is easy to replace but it costs $10 for a right spin takara not including postage, or you can get a hasbro one in stores for $12 and those are quite easy to find unlike the beys. if it isn't broken there are a bunch of guides.

you cant find anything on the coast, my little bro was lucky today to find a string launcher cost him $15, been looking for a hand grip since christmas but on one has had them, target near by only has stadiums Tired

btw off topic, its ironic that when we needed a stadium shops only had beyblades and accessories, now that we need more beys and accessories they only seem to have stadiums Tired
(Jan. 20, 2011  9:09 AM)pikabattler Wrote: how is it broken? if the retractor gear broke then a new launcher is needed, witch is easy to replace but it costs $10 for a right spin takara not including postage, or you can get a hasbro one in stores for $12 and those are quite easy to find unlike the beys. if it isn't broken there are a bunch of guides.

The gear is broken i tryed to fix it but it didnt work and a bought all the stock and a month ago but my stores that i go to dont have any and i cant order of ebayCrying
(Jan. 20, 2011  11:29 AM)newbeyblader Wrote: BladerAce talk to me sunday i might have a spare one then

Thanx alot dude ur AWSOME!!! how much do i have to pay u
BladerAce if it show up on time i let u know
THANX!!!!!!!!!!
So is there goin to be tea i got a friend comin and i might join up with him
Got a yellow one. Do you want it?
Takara-Tomy.
So u got a yellow string launcher from takaratomy how much u want for it because I might allways use a spare
does any body lie my new profile pic?
I can't come, but milky might.
bladerace i havent got my ebay items yet so i dont have the string launcher
(Jan. 21, 2011  11:38 AM)BladerAce Wrote: does any body lie my new profile pic?

Looks good. Though did you use your old Avatar as the background and simply applied some pictures?

(Jan. 21, 2011  12:07 PM)machipz Wrote: I can't come, but milky might.

That's cool Chipz, I'm pretty sure you told me over a week ago that you wouldn't be able to make it. That'll be awesome if Milky could make it.
Yeah, but didn't I say I might've been able to make it afterwards? What I gave you was a definitive answer, but never mind.

If Milky can make it, that would mean he can sell his blades there, and show them to everybody in person rather than posting pictures, or getting someone else to take pics.
(Jan. 21, 2011  1:30 PM)machipz Wrote: Yeah, but didn't I say I might've been able to make it afterwards? What I gave you was a definitive answer, but never mind.

Ha, I thought before it was a definitive answer, lol
do u have to enter ur real name or ur WBO username.
i mite be coming with 2 other people that arent wbo members is that ok?
i wish i'm going a week early but hope you guys haye a great time
(Jan. 22, 2011  12:03 AM)BladerAce Wrote: do u have to enter ur real name or ur WBO username.

WBO Username, it makes it a lot easier in regards to the allocation of Bey Points.

(Jan. 22, 2011  12:25 AM)daniel20417 Wrote: i mite be coming with 2 other people that arent wbo members is that ok?

That's great news!
Your friends are more then welcomed to compete, though they'll have to create a WBO account eventually not necessarily before the Tournament, but it's recommended. If your friends are still non-WBO members at the Tournament I'll get them to fill out a form with there email, desired Username and password. Your friends and any other non-WBO members will then enter the Tournament with their desired Username whilst activing their accounts after the Tournament Smile
If somebody has a launcher rubber i would pay 2 or 3 dollars for it
im newbeyblader brother and i coming to tomorrow withSmile
Good Luck guys! From the Bladers in the UK.
HEY Fyuoor Smile
Are the floods gone???
Any way just PM me and to WRAITH, Have you got Hell Kerbecs and Killer Peafowl yet?
(Jan. 22, 2011  9:14 AM)nitrobay Wrote: im newbeyblader brother and i coming to tomorrow withSmile

Awesome, I'll see ya tomorrow!

(Jan. 22, 2011  10:12 AM)BladeStorm Wrote: Good Luck guys! From the Bladers in the UK.

Thanks man, I hope 'Legend Of The Bey' goes well tomorrow Wink

(Jan. 22, 2011  12:38 PM)GreeNxBlader Wrote: HEY Fyuoor Smile
Are the floods gone???
Any way just PM me and to WRAITH, Have you got Hell Kerbecs and Killer Peafowl yet?

Hey man, no need to worry about the floods since they've been gone for about a week and a half now. I'll see ya tomorrow Wink

I don't have Killer Peafowl yet but I do have Hell Kerbecs.

---------------------

Alright guys I hope you've all practiced long and hard as 'Bey Fury!' is tomorrow! Better have all your combos and strategies in place now as it may be too late to change them. I wish all the participants in 'Bey Fury!' the best of luck and I'll see you guys tomorrow!
Im comming.

Have we met before Fyuoor? Out of Vortex beyblader? Then you should remember my name. Anyway I guess we'll see each other tomorrow then.
See you then
(Jan. 22, 2011  1:39 PM)Vannasouk Wrote: Im comming.

Have we met before Fyuoor? Out of Vortex beyblader? Then you should remember my name. Anyway I guess we'll see each other tomorrow then.
See you then

Awesome, that's great news!

Yeah we've met before though I can't remember what my username was when I was a member on the Out Of Vortex Message Board. Though to help jog your memory you defeated me at the 2005 Strathpine Blader Jam State Finals in which you deservedly earned 2nd while I claimed 3rd.

I'd be good to catch up and see what you've been to for the past few years Wink