[Blog]  Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts

(May. 14, 2020  1:14 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Did you ever think about why your fanfic might not be getting recognition? I have some obvious reasons I can share as a writer, but I dont want to offend anyone in case theres unwarranted harshness

Theyre general reasons, really

Go ahead, I do my fan fics straight up quickly and on the spot so idrc.
(May. 14, 2020  1:15 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(May. 14, 2020  1:14 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Did you ever think about why your fanfic might not be getting recognition? I have some obvious reasons I can share as a writer, but I dont want to offend anyone in case theres unwarranted harshness

Theyre general reasons, really

Go ahead, I do my fan fics straight up quickly and on the spot so idrc.

Yeah, I think I see the reason here. You say that you do them on the spot, which leaves them not well thought out yet. Im reading your latest one, and it appears that there doesnt seem to be a description on the protagonist. Things also seem to be rushed, like everything is happenings too quickly. Theres not enough time to make the reader take in whats happening and what the story is about, and not enough time to leave them interested. Because its rushed, it seems like any other fanfic on here: A Blader embarks on an adventure

Of course, its just my take. Dont listen to me because Im not in charge of how people want to write their stories here. Im merely here just to help with spicing up your works and helping them become unique. Dont treat me seriously!
(May. 14, 2020  1:20 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 14, 2020  1:15 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Go ahead, I do my fan fics straight up quickly and on the spot so idrc.

Yeah, I think I see the reason here. You say that you do them on the spot, which leaves them not well thought out yet. Im reading your latest one, and it appears that there doesnt seem to be a description on the protagonist. Things also seem to be rushed, like everything is happenings too quickly. Theres not enough time to make the reader take in whats happening and what the story is about, and not enough time to leave them interested. Because its rushed, it seems like any other fanfic on here: A Blader embarks on an adventure

Of course, its just my take. Dont listen to me because Im not in charge of how people want to write their stories here. Im merely here just to help with spicing up your works and helping them become unique. Dont treat me seriously!

Don't get me wrong I do think about the episodes in my head before. I am just a bit lazy to do plot and I want to write battles mostly lol.
(May. 14, 2020  1:21 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(May. 14, 2020  1:20 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Yeah, I think I see the reason here. You say that you do them on the spot, which leaves them not well thought out yet. Im reading your latest one, and it appears that there doesnt seem to be a description on the protagonist. Things also seem to be rushed, like everything is happenings too quickly. Theres not enough time to make the reader take in whats happening and what the story is about, and not enough time to leave them interested. Because its rushed, it seems like any other fanfic on here: A Blader embarks on an adventure

Don't get me wrong I do think about the episodes in my head before. I am just a bit lazy to do plot and I want to write battles mostly lol.

Yeah, that could explain why. Maybe spend an extra minute or hour or two and then the story will be much intriguing. The plot doesnt have to be unique — it has to be clear and understanding so that the reader can come in knowing what to expect, or leave with full understanding and not “wtf.” Plot twists are always welcome, but thats a different lesson
(May. 14, 2020  1:21 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(May. 14, 2020  1:20 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Yeah, I think I see the reason here. You say that you do them on the spot, which leaves them not well thought out yet. Im reading your latest one, and it appears that there doesnt seem to be a description on the protagonist. Things also seem to be rushed, like everything is happenings too quickly. Theres not enough time to make the reader take in whats happening and what the story is about, and not enough time to leave them interested. Because its rushed, it seems like any other fanfic on here: A Blader embarks on an adventure

i can relate, i play out EVERY single episode out in my head before i post, thats why i've been getting praise lately of my work, its all because i use my brain
(May. 14, 2020  1:26 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(May. 14, 2020  1:21 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Don't get me wrong I do think about the episodes in my head before. I am just a bit lazy to do plot and I want to write battles mostly lol.
i can relate, i play out EVERY single episode out in my head before i post, thats why i've been getting praise lately of my work, its all because i use my brain

...Um who doesn't..anyways I will try to post more wholesome episodes.
What also turns my interest off is that — especially from the lesser known and younger writers — the protagonist seems to be a carbon copy of Valt and Tyson or something. The typical happy guy who Blades and wants to go to the top, or just battle other people in general
(May. 14, 2020  1:31 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: What also turns my interest off is that — especially from the lesser known and younger writers — the protagonist seems to be a carbon copy of Valt and Tyson or something. The typical happy guy who Blades and wants to go to the top, or just battle other people in general
That’s kinda why I liked Aiga. Sure, he wanted to go to the top, but he wasn’t the best person in the beginning. But throughout the season, he grew as a person.
My problem rn is not knowing where my story will go. I have the episodes layed out and a rough sketch of the entire plot, however its not......finalized you could say. I going to look too fillers for some extra development and things like that, hopefully while Im not writing the main story I can finalize at least a part of my story.
(May. 14, 2020  1:33 AM)snoc Wrote: My problem rn is not knowing where my story will go. I have the episodes layed out and a rough sketch of the entire plot, however its not......finalized you could say. I going to look too fillers for some extra development and things like that, hopefully while Im not writing the main story I can finalize at least a part of my story.

Have you tried listening to music or looking through your favorite shows/anime/books/etc.? I sometimes go read a book or inspiration, of search on the web for cool things to get inspired
Also, does anyone have any tips on these things: relationships,and redeeming yourself after doing a horrible act. The first one is kinda self explanatory, I just overall am bad at writing that stuff. I wrote a segment with Drum and Amane in a chapter of my fanfic and now Im like "Holy carp that's so gay" (not saying being gay is bad, but as you probably know Drum and Amane are both straight people). so any tips on that? doesn't have to be romantic or anything like that. and the second one is......a bit more complicated. I could technically do this some what easily without to much thought, however I dont want this concept to just be rushed. Ive been looking at some other pieces of media to help with this (like my hero academia). If anything just 1 main question: when should that person be forgiven?

to anyone that answers this, thanks in advance.

Edit: I put carp instead of carp but Im not gonna change it lol
ok why does is keeping saying carp instead of carp (which I am typing). whatever lol
Im not even gonna try anymore
(Censoring system. Thats why)

Well, you came to the right person. Though Im not good at writing with Season 4 characters, so I cant say for sure how to make them act. All I can advise is that you should stay in person/character for the most part

As for personality-wise, it is HARD to redeem yourself. Im currently blamed by my friends for all this junk because my two best friends unfriended me, which leaves me looking like the villain (full story on my School thread, but thats off topic sooo). As far as I know, people do not forgive you easily. Because of that, you feel horrible and cruddy inside and trapped and helpless. Its not like Shu and the Snake Pit where Valt shrugged it off and didnt mention anything

Redeeming yourself is hard. No one trusts you. No one wants to listen to you or forgive you quickly. I dont know when, but I know MY friends will forgive me starting next school year at earliest
heres a fan-fic meme

me when i write episodes for Beyblade Burst Hyper G: yeah, its big brain time
Tbh Beyblade Burst is like a fanfic-came-true anime. I can literally see comparisons with bad bad fanfics on here with the show

And when shows and media has a fanfic-like plot, you know something will be bad
I have a question for y’all. Do you guys find more success writing down the characters and information about them, along with the plot, or more success going with the flow? Or something else. Please elaborate.
(May. 19, 2020  3:49 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I have a question for y’all. Do you guys find more success writing down the characters and information about them, along with the plot, or more success going with the flow? Or something else. Please elaborate.

I write the main cast first then their beys and then the plot

If its a new character i make a Character Bio and if you read my main story, you'll see a few on there are but if its a returning character i dont really bother seeing as people would know they are

Some people who have 0 experience with writing stories would call this tedious but this is what works for me
I write mostly what comes into mind. Of course, I have certain lasting notes for stuff (ex. Norman’s sister) but other than that, I go with the flow and write whatever comes to mind. Thats what I do with my horror story stuff, really
(May. 12, 2020  3:15 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Oof, cant relate.  I used to make Beyblade ideas, especially back when I was a child around the Metal Saga era (RIP Legend Eclipse, you were a nightmare OP Bey).  Im not a Beybattle and Beyblade toy writer myself, but I know a female friend who does this much better than what i see here. You guys actually have great skill for knowing how to write anything with a Beybattle + Beyblade ideas

Speaking of which, I gotta admit its weird how a character gets a new Bey in a fanfic but suddenly wins the first time. Yes, theyre lucky, but every OC is lucky?? NANI

When I was younger I made a r e a l l y op OC.
(May. 19, 2020  4:43 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(May. 12, 2020  3:15 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Oof, cant relate.  I used to make Beyblade ideas, especially back when I was a child around the Metal Saga era (RIP Legend Eclipse, you were a nightmare OP Bey).  Im not a Beybattle and Beyblade toy writer myself, but I know a female friend who does this much better than what i see here. You guys actually have great skill for knowing how to write anything with a Beybattle + Beyblade ideas

Speaking of which, I gotta admit its weird how a character gets a new Bey in a fanfic but suddenly wins the first time. Yes, theyre lucky, but every OC is lucky?? NANI

When I was younger I made a r e a l l y  op OC.

Tell us about it
(May. 19, 2020  4:45 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 19, 2020  4:43 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: When I was younger I made a r e a l l y  op OC.

Tell us about it

Name: Lance Hawk (I think I based her on me?)
Beyblade: Blast Griffin (lol)
10 years old (literally)
Has blue hair (well I don’t)
Taller than Xander (lol I’m not 6ft tall)
Literally backflips and can do one handed handstands and stuff(kinda true I guess)
For some reason she also has pokèmon (I think I made her a Pokémon on oc first)

I’ll think of more later.
Guys, I have a curious question: Whats the worse fanfiction in the Beyblade fandom you ever read (describe it, please. Dont link or call out)? Like, anything-wise — grammar, plot, OP characters, etc. Like usually there would be an infamously bad fanfiction within the fandom of some sort
(May. 19, 2020  6:34 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Guys, I have a curious question: Whats the worse fanfiction in the Beyblade fandom you ever read (describe it, please. Dont link or call out)? Like, anything-wise — grammar, plot, OP characters, etc. Like usually there would be an infamously bad fanfiction within the fandom of some sort

I'm going to be honest with this one.
Mine.
The plot was bad, character development wasn't there, and the main character was OP.
(May. 19, 2020  6:34 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Guys, I have a curious question: Whats the worse fanfiction in the Beyblade fandom you ever read (describe it, please. Dont link or call out)? Like, anything-wise — grammar, plot, OP characters, etc. Like usually there would be an infamously bad fanfiction within the fandom of some sort

Sometimes I look back at my own work, and I'm like: "Why do I write so bad?" (don't put me down for this quote though).
(May. 19, 2020  6:36 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:

I'm going to be honest with this one.
Mine.
The plot was bad, character development wasn't there, and the main character was OP.

Ill be honest too: I agree. I remember looking through your old works, and somehow the chapters are so short they dont even fall under a spoiler tag
I’ve seen some bad ones with poor grammar and stuff.