[Blog]  Beyblade Fanfics Club/Discussions/Random Thoughts

Note: The “Blog” prefix is there mostly concerning the fact that some users may be comfortable posting updates on their stories and characters here.

Hi! Im not expecting this thread to be quite active. But hey, I see that a bunch of you guys are writers so lets have a thread to discuss our hobby! This thread specifically focuses on writing for Beyblade, so please do not talk about something that isnt related to Beyblade

So... basically a writing club for Beyblade stuff. Haha

Rules + Courtesies (Updated May 9th, 2021) 

Honestly fanfics don't get enough appreciation, it's hard to invent new beyblades and all that stuff (like mine XD)
Oof, cant relate. I used to make Beyblade ideas, especially back when I was a child around the Metal Saga era (RIP Legend Eclipse, you were a nightmare OP Bey). Im not a Beybattle and Beyblade toy writer myself, but I know a female friend who does this much better than what i see here. You guys actually have great skill for knowing how to write anything with a Beybattle + Beyblade ideas

Speaking of which, I gotta admit its weird how a character gets a new Bey in a fanfic but suddenly wins the first time. Yes, theyre lucky, but every OC is lucky?? NANI
I like the sound of this thread! Would you mind if I put this in the FanFic list thread?
(May. 12, 2020  3:15 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Oof, cant relate.  I used to make Beyblade ideas, especially back when I was a child around the Metal Saga era (RIP Legend Eclipse, you were a nightmare OP Bey).  Im not a Beybattle and Beyblade toy writer myself, but I know a female friend who does this much better than what i see here. You guys actually have great skill for knowing how to write anything with a Beybattle + Beyblade ideas

Speaking of which, I gotta admit its weird how a character gets a new Bey in a fanfic but suddenly wins the first time. Yes, theyre lucky, but every OC is lucky?? NANI
Yeah my characters get their development, which i believe is one of the reasons why people stay with the story
(May. 12, 2020  3:25 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I like the sound of this thread! Would you mind if I put this in the FanFic list thread?

Sure. Please list this as not as a fanfic, but more of a thread where we can discuss our stories and all. You can put it under my username or at the top of your original post
(May. 12, 2020  3:27 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 12, 2020  3:25 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I like the sound of this thread! Would you mind if I put this in the FanFic list thread?

Sure. Please list this as not as a fanfic, but more of a thread where we can discuss our stories and all. You can put it under my username or at the top of your original post
That’s what I was planning to do. Thanks! Joyful_3
(May. 12, 2020  3:27 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(May. 12, 2020  3:15 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Oof, cant relate.  I used to make Beyblade ideas, especially back when I was a child around the Metal Saga era (RIP Legend Eclipse, you were a nightmare OP Bey).  Im not a Beybattle and Beyblade toy writer myself, but I know a female friend who does this much better than what i see here. You guys actually have great skill for knowing how to write anything with a Beybattle + Beyblade ideas

Yeah my characters get their development, which i believe is one of the reasons why people stay with the story

THANK YOU. I browse through your works sometimes and Ill admit, youre doing very well. Half the time, these OCs remain the way they were without learning anything,, 

I dont often have the time to comment on here and like everything, but Ill like your chapters sometime later when I have time
I’m currently (as of one minute ago lol) starting to work on a new FanFic, so this thread will definitely help me out!

Something that I dislike in FanFics, is when the chapter is more than about 13 lines long and the grammar and formatting is an utter mess. No paragraphs, wrong punctuation, bad capitalization, etc. It just drives me nuts.
(May. 12, 2020  3:37 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m currently (as of one minute ago lol) starting to work on a new FanFic, so this thread will definitely help me out!

Something that I dislike in FanFics, is when the chapter is more than about 13 lines long and the grammar and formatting is an utter mess. No paragraphs, wrong punctuation, bad capitalization, etc. It just drives me nuts.

yoo same. considering that theres no age requirement here, im honestly not surprised if an elementary school kid wrote them
(May. 12, 2020  3:40 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 12, 2020  3:37 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m currently (as of one minute ago lol) starting to work on a new FanFic, so this thread will definitely help me out!

yoo same. considering that theres no age requirement here, im honestly not surprised if an elementary school kid wrote them
I’m guilty of my own pet peeve, but I was very inexperienced in writing. VERY. You can see that in my first FanFic, and three fourths of my second one.
Its okay, Cheeto. We all had a cringy stage, especially when we were quite young. Speaking of which, and again, I once created a monstrous Gary Stu character + Bey

The idea is the worst thing I ever came up with for Beyblade and thats why I dont create original characters for Beyblade anymore
I hate when I ask for feedback, and everyone just says “It’s perfect” when it’s not… people ask for feedback for a reason!
(May. 12, 2020  4:09 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I hate when I ask for feedback, and everyone just says “It’s perfect” when it’s not… people ask for feedback for a reason!

nobody knows what feedback here is tbh. i mean i dont give feedback unless necessary but some people are either lazy or sugarcoating
Honestly, I hate when I can't think of something to write. It's just painful.
my main story actually might get a sequel series, depending on how well the rest of the seasons do, but being a High School Student may affect that in some way.... Tired

in honesty, writing fan fiction is more fun than anything else (with the exception of playing video games for hours on end) but there are points where i do get writers block, anybody else here get that feeling?
Just did my first official episode

CheetoBlader can you add that to the list of fanfics?
Cant relate. My mind is always on the go and I get plenty of ideas along the way. I got near writer’s block while trying to write some more chapters of Beyblade Demigods, tho :c
Ill share something that is kinda annoying: Some fanfics dont explain how their characters have a non-Japanese name when they live in Japan. The WBO keeps track of this thing much better than where I came from -- the nightmare Ive been too had girl Blader OCs with an English first name and Japanese last name
(May. 14, 2020  12:42 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Ill share something that is kinda annoying: Some fanfics dont explain how their characters have a non-Japanese name when they live in Japan. The WBO keeps track of this thing much better than where I came from -- the nightmare Ive been too had girl Blader OCs with an English first name and Japanese last name
I get that you like horror things, but your post is way too traumatic and horrific. Lol
I can rant nonstop about Blader girl OCs. Maybe later. This place has mostly fanfics written by girls so I dont mind complaining
My fan fics don't get recognition Uncertain
(May. 14, 2020  12:59 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote: My fan fics don't get recognition Uncertain
You posted your FanFic twice in two separate places. That’s against the rules Uncertain
Those are two different fanfics CheetoBlader I will remove it Uncertain
Did you ever think about why your fanfic might not be getting recognition? I have some obvious reasons I can share as a writer, but I dont want to offend anyone in case theres unwarranted harshness

Theyre general reasons, really