Blitz Unicorno 100RSF Draft - Complete! On the wiki!

(Oct. 15, 2011  12:25 AM)Hazel Wrote: 4D Metal Wheel: Blitz
-Weight: 43.72 Grams

This Metal Wheel is made up of two parts. A Metal Frame, which comprises the bulk of the Metal Wheel, and a Core, which facilitates the primary gimmick of this Metal Wheel: Mode Change. The two Modes are Assault Attack Mode, in which the protrusions on each side fit against the contact points, creating a single "Wing" on each side, forming a shape very much like Trygle from the Plastics Generation, and Barrage Attack Mode, where the frame deliberately misaligns these contact points, creating several more points of contact, along with opening gaps in the "Wings". These modes can be changed by rotating the Frame on the Metal Wheel.

Assault Attack Mode is usually the preferred Mode of the two, as it is shown to have considerably lower amounts of Recoil, while providing more actual contact force. This wheel has proven to be highly functional, and is considered a top-tier Right Spin Smash Attack Metal Wheel, and is one of few Smash Wheels with the ability to net a solid KO even at a low spin-velocity. However, this Wheel also suffers from extremely high recoil, and falls prey to an outstanding weakness to Left-Spin Attackers such as Lighning L-Drago/L-Drago Destroy CH120/90/85/BD145RF.

Use in Attack Customization:
Blitz smash attack can be used to great affect in the versatile attack custom, MF Blitz Unicorno II CH120R2F.

It was also discovered to've been capable of easily and reliably KOing MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS in the low-profile combo Blitz Unicorno II 85R2F.

Metal Frame
-Weight: 12.65 Grams

The Metal Frame of this 4D Metal Wheel is the piece that acts as the primary mechanism behind its Mode Change. It has three small protrusions, which perfectly fit in with the gaps in the Core, and the protrusions are smaller than each protrusion on the Core. The Metal Frame is significantly lighter than the Core, as the Core makes up the majority of Blitz.

Core
-Weight: 31.07 grams

Blitz's Core, which makes up the majority of the Metal Wheel, has three separate primary contact points, whereupon the metal slopes downward into a finer surface, creating "bumps" on the frontmost portion of each wing segment. These slopes provide an advantage in the form of allowing maximum contact with the primary contact points, and often throwing the opposing wheel slightly off balance when used on a lower track.

Just rearranging. And you actually mixed up the Metal Frame and the core. The Core is the part that has the centre that the face fits into. Not a big problem though, easily changed, and easily changed back.
Ah, yeah. Sorry, the mixup slipped my mind - I had three separate notepads open when editing it.

Anyway, I reformatted what you gave me and edited the OP to include it.

(Oct. 15, 2011  12:23 AM)Dan Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love your title!

Thank you. I figured it appropriate, because everyone else was doing it. Perhaps under the assumption that Kei was only capable of reading if his name were present, or that making a thread title more ridiculous was a better idea than PMing him.

I just wanted to fit in.

EDIT: Since the Draft is undergoing more revisions, I have changed the thread title to match.
You sir are now my favorite member hahaha.
Though, ALL CAPS WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR THE EXTREME IMPORTANCE OF KEI NOT BEING ALLOWED TO READ IT UNTIL YOU'RE DONE!!!1
Actually, I'm not sure if I'd still call it "Undergoing Revisions", since Shabalabadoo and I are in agreement over its current form. If anyone else has anything they'd like to add, feel free to mention it, however.

Also still seeking pictures.
DONT READ IT KEI DONT READ IT OR ELSEEEEEE!!!!!
Didn't get to find that patch of light in your very woody area?
Man oh man!
(Oct. 15, 2011  4:14 AM)Dan Wrote: DONT READ IT KEI DONT READ IT OR ELSEEEEEE!!!!!
Didn't get to find that patch of light in your very woody area?
Man oh man!

I did, but the sunshafts are either too dim or too bright. We've got several oak trees that are more than a hundred years old directly over our property, so there's little leniency with sunlight.

It's great for most things(especially during the 100+ degree summers), but for photography... eh.
Why not post your best ones then? :V
(Oct. 15, 2011  4:39 AM)Dan Wrote: Why not post your best ones then? :V

I already did. They are the ones on the previous page.
Oh, lol.
I guess just re-take the RSF picture and maybe face bolt as well.
what about MF Blitz Unicorno S130R2F I mean it gets the just as good (if not better) results as the others mentioned ...
I do like the draft though!
(Oct. 15, 2011  12:18 PM)H8R Wrote: what about MF Blitz Unicorno S130R2F I mean it gets the just as good (if not better) results as the others mentioned ...
I do like the draft though!

I'd not really seen it discussed that much, but if others think it's valid, I can add it.
Just a thing I've noted.

4D Metal Wheel: Blitz
Hazel Wrote:This Metal Wheel is made up of two parts. A Metal Frame, which comprises the bulk of the Metal Wheel, and a Core, which facilitates the primary gimmick...
I believe it's the other way around.

Especially since you wrote this:
Core:
Hazel Wrote:Blitz's Core, which makes up the majority of the Metal Wheel...
(Oct. 15, 2011  1:15 PM)Nocto Wrote: Just a thing I've noted.

Hazel Wrote:This Metal Wheel is made up of two parts. A Metal Frame, which comprises the bulk of the Metal Wheel, and a Core, which facilitates the primary gimmick...
I believe it's the other way around.

Especially since you wrote this:
Core:
Hazel Wrote:Blitz's Core, which makes up the majority of the Metal Wheel...

Yeah, that's one of the things that slipped through when I was editing in two notepads. I apologize, and will fix it.

EDIT: Alright, I fixed it. Thank you for pointing that out. Smile

EDIT 2: I retook some images. Most didn't turn out any better, but the ones that did, I will provide(and combine with the others):

These are the absolute best I can provide. If they are not sufficient, I apologize.
I'd say they are pretty good now. :V
I also agree, those are BeyWiki worthy.
Alright. I'm marking this article down as finished, and have edited the picture links into the Gallery section of the original post.

Thanks for all the help, guys. Wouldn't have been as purdy without ya'll.
(Oct. 07, 2011  11:25 PM)Hazel Wrote:
Quote:1 Face Bolt: Unicorno
2 Clear Wheel: Unicorno II
3 Metal Wheel: Blitz
• 3.1 Use in Attack Customization
• 3.2 Metal Frame
• 3.3 Core
5 Track: 100
6 Performance Tip: Rubber Semi-Flat
• 6.1 Mold Variations
• 6.2 Use in Defense Customization
7 Overall
8 Gallery

Face Bolt: Unicorno II

The Face Bolt depicts "Monoceros", one of the 88 constellations in space. Monoceros is Greek for "Unicorn" , in which the Beyblade is based on. The design resembles the design on the original Unicorno Face Bolt but has a more elaborate motif, featuring an angled lighting effect on the tip of the horn.

Clear Wheel: Unicorno II
-Weight: 3.27 Grams

Unicorno II resembles the original Unicorno Clear Wheel but wider with Iron powder scattered throughout it, as is common with 4D Beys. The three "horns" of the Unicorn motif are now purple instead of bronze, as they were on the original Unicorno Clear Wheel. As this CW is thicker, more elevated, and heavier than its predecessor, it should take priority when selecting a three-sided CW.

This Metal Wheel is made up of two parts. A Core, which comprises the bulk of the Metal Wheel, and a Metal Frame, which facilitates the primary gimmick of this Metal Wheel: Mode Change. This is accomplished by rotating the Metal Frame while the Beyblade is disassembled. The two Modes are:

Assault Attack Mode
In this mode, the protrusions on each side of the Metal Frame fit against the six contact points of the Core, creating a single "Wing" on each side, forming a shape very much like Triple Wing (Trygle) from the Plastics generation.

Barrage Attack Mode
In this mode, the amount of contact points or "Wings" is doubled from three to six by rotating the Metal Frame. However, in doing this, the length of each wing is shortened.

Assault Attack Mode is usually the preferred mode of the two, as it is shown to have considerably lower amounts of Recoil, while providing more consistent contact force with it's longer, more pronounced wings. This Wheel has proven to be highly functional, and is considered a top-tier right-spin Smash Attack Metal Wheel, and is one of few Smash Wheels with the ability to net a solid KO even at a low spin-velocity. However, this Wheel also suffers from extremely high recoil, and falls prey to an outstanding weakness to Left-Spin Attackers such as Lighning L-Drago/L-Drago Destroy CH120/90/85/BD145RF.

Blitz's Smash Attack can be used to great affect in the versatile Attack custom, MF Blitz Unicorno II CH120R2F.

Additionally, the low-profile combo, Blitz Unicorno II 85R2F has been discovered to capable of easily and reliably KOing MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.

Metal Frame
-Weight: 12.65 Grams

The Metal Frame of this 4D Metal Wheel is the piece that acts as the primary mechanism behind its Mode Change. It has three small protrusions, which fit in with the gaps in the Core, and the protrusions are smaller than each protrusion on the Core.

Core
-Weight: 31.07 grams

Blitz's Core has three separate primary contact points, whereupon the metal slopes down and outward into a finer surface, creating "bumps" on the front-most portion of each wing segment. These slopes provide an advantage in the form of allowing maximum contact with the primary contact points, and often throwing the opposing Wheel slightly off balance when used on a lower Track.

Track: 100
-Weight: 1.0 grams

This track is currently the third lowest track available, but is outclassed in terms of Attack and Stamina by the 85 and 90 Tracks. 100 usually has no problem with floor scrapes, and while it is generally an outclassed part, is still competitively viable, particularly in Attack customizations where it is able to make good contact with most opposing Beyblades.

Bottom: Rubber Semi-Flat
-Weight: 0.7 grams

RSF, or Rubber Semi-Flat, is an SF Bottom completely made out of rubber. It is essentially a flat tip with a smaller radius, affording it a firm, defensive grip on the Stadium, but still allowing for a somewhat aggressive movement pattern with the proper launch. Its drawbacks, however, are that it has shown major weaknesses against Left-Spin Beyblades such as Lightning L Drago, much like RS. RSF, like most Rubber Performance Tips, suffers from poor Stamina, although it has been shown to have slightly more Stamina than RS, due to a wider surface area, resulting in better balance at the end of a battle.

Mold Variations:
RSF has one Mold variation. The RSF's included in Random Booster Volume.7 Beat Lynx, specifically with the Bey Tornado Horuseus 130RSF. This mold appears to be made of a softer rubber, and thereby behaves more aggressively than other molds. This should be taken into consideration when choosing a method of obtaining an RSF. The RSF included with Blitz Unicorno 100RSF is of the harder rubber variant.

Use in Defense Customization:
RSF can be utilized in the Defense customization MF-H Basalt Bull BD145RSF.

Overall:
-Weight: 49.89 grams

Blitz Unicorno has thus far only been released with the BB-117 Strongest Blader Set, and is clearly one of the best purchases for Attack-type enthusiasts favoring Right-Spin. Every blader should own at least one of this bey.

Gallery:

As this is a full re-write of KiLL_SwiTcH's draft, I figured it deserved its own thread. Comments, critique, etc. thoroughly encouraged and appreciated!

Alright, so I've gone through and made a number of edits, both content- and formatting-wise. If no one else has any suggestions, it should be ready! Whoever ends up posting this, please be sure to follow the same formatting that was used for the Death Quetzalcoatl stub with regards to the "Metal Frame" and "Core" sections, and the same formatting from the Hell Kerbecs article that was used for the different modes of BD145.

The pictures you took Hazel are OK to be posted as well. However, could you please re-take the pictures of the Blitz Metal Wheel? I'd like them to be from a top-down (for both the top of the Metal Wheel and the bottom of it) view like all of the other current Beywiki articles. And, could you do the same for just the Metal Frame and just the Core (bottom is not necessary for these).

One question, though: it states in the Blitz section that the Assault Attack Mode is the "usually the preferred mode of the two", but then never states where Barrage would be useful. I do not have a lot of experience with Blitz, so could someone enlighten me? Or is that false and should it be made clear that Assault Attack Mode is the best mode in all situations?
It should be made clear that Barrage is best in all situations unless you're going for a Self-KO record. I suppose I was fishing to see if anyone out there knew of a use for Barrage, but there really isn't, and I forgot to go back and edit it.

I'll try to retake pictures sometime today or over the weekend, and then I'll see about uploading it.

EDIT: I've put the article together, now all I need to do is upload images and then save it. The article hasn't been created yet, I just did the formatting and everything for it.

EDIT 2: I took all the pictures exactly to specification. Resizing them.
Quote:

[...]

Assault Attack Mode
[...]

Barrage Attack Mode
[...]

Assault Attack Mode is usually the preferred mode of the two, as it is shown to have considerably lower amounts of Recoil, while providing more consistent contact force with it's longer, more pronounced wings. This Wheel has proven to be highly functional(,) and is considered a top-tier right-spin Smash Attack Metal Wheel. It is one of few Smash Wheels with the ability to net a solid KO even at a low spin-velocity. However, this Wheel also suffers from extremely high recoil, and falls prey to an outstanding weakness to Left-Spin Attackers such as Lighning L-Drago/L-Drago Destroy CH120/90/85/BD145RF. Pretty sure this should be two sentences and I'm not a big fan of ", and".

Blitz's Smash Attack can be used to great affect effect in the versatile Attack custom, MF Blitz Unicorno II CH120R2F.

(Oct. 28, 2011  8:09 PM)Nocto Wrote:
Quote:

[...]

Assault Attack Mode
[...]

Barrage Attack Mode
[...]

Assault Attack Mode is usually the preferred mode of the two, as it is shown to have considerably lower amounts of Recoil, while providing more consistent contact force with it's longer, more pronounced wings. This Wheel has proven to be highly functional(,) and is considered a top-tier right-spin Smash Attack Metal Wheel. It is one of few Smash Wheels with the ability to net a solid KO even at a low spin-velocity. However, this Wheel also suffers from extremely high recoil, and falls prey to an outstanding weakness to Left-Spin Attackers such as Lighning L-Drago/L-Drago Destroy CH120/90/85/BD145RF. Pretty sure this should be two sentences and I'm not a big fan of ", and".

Blitz's Smash Attack can be used to great affect effect in the versatile Attack custom, MF Blitz Unicorno II CH120R2F.

Alright. I've edited the current final draft to include those.

If that's all, I have the wiki article format 100% complete now, including beybox images, all part images, etc. I uploaded all of my pictures to the Beywiki, and the preview of the article looks correct.

...er. I accidentally hit "Save Page" instead of "Show Preview", so here it is:

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rno_100RSF

I do not know how to delete an article, so I'll just wait until Kei gets around to it, if it needs to be deleted. In the meantime, I've fully updated the OP.
May I suggest using the ====X==== or =====X===== heading (whatever it's called) instead of ===X=== to distinguish the Metal Wheel components from the Customization section?

Also, shouldn't those components be placed before the Customization section? It's kind of awkward to have them after.
(Oct. 28, 2011  9:01 PM)Nocto Wrote: May I suggest using the ====X==== or =====X===== heading (whatever it's called) instead of ===X=== to distinguish the Metal Wheel components from the Customization section?

Also, shouldn't those components be placed before the Customization section? It's kind of awkward to have them after.

I did actually forget to use ==== instead of ===. I'll correct that now. As for the other issue... hm. I suppose you're right. I'll tweak it. EDIT: Done tweaking it. What do you think?
I tried to place them in different ways, but it never feels like a "natural progression". We'll see what Kei thinks, but for me, your way seems like the best.
(Oct. 28, 2011  8:37 PM)Hazel Wrote: ...er. I accidentally hit "Save Page" instead of "Show Preview", so here it is:

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rno_100RSF

I do not know how to delete an article, so I'll just wait until Kei gets around to it, if it needs to be deleted. In the meantime, I've fully updated the OP.

Thanks! You just forgot to add in links and italicize the names of suggested customs, so I've gone ahead and done that.
Great job guys, the article is amazing!

Edit: Woah, this was posted on the 28th of October and I posted VariAres on the 28th of September.. :V
fsjaladja !!