Blaze Ragnaruk testing

(Jul. 08, 2017  12:36 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2017  5:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yea that could happen but we have to keep in mind that bR + any god series disk+frame on atomic can destabilize revolve based combos. also bR is good against right spin stamina layers with low burst defense like A2.also we havent tested bR for defense(maybe it might be better for defense aginst left spin attack types i mean things like L2 S/2G H). also we havent tested bR with trans.

Trans is not going to make it any better. The Stamina mode on Trans makes bR a sitting duck and easy to destabilize, the attack mode has like no control and little stamina, which really doesn't help.

i wanted attack mode only.bR did good on xtreme so there are chances that in might do good on trans too.and from what i have seen on yt trans doesnt look that uncontrolllable.
(Jul. 08, 2017  3:32 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2017  12:36 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Trans is not going to make it any better. The Stamina mode on Trans makes bR a sitting duck and easy to destabilize, the attack mode has like no control and little stamina, which really doesn't help.

i wanted attack mode only.bR did good on xtreme so there are chances that in might do good on trans too.and from what i have seen on yt trans doesnt look that uncontrolllable.

I own Trans. It's too wide and slips over the tornado ridge way too easily. It's tabs and width make it hard to keep any pattern.
(Jul. 08, 2017  3:42 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2017  3:32 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i wanted attack mode only.bR did good on xtreme so there are chances that in might do good on trans too.and from what i have seen on yt trans doesnt look that uncontrolllable.

I own Trans. It's too wide and slips over the tornado ridge way too easily. It's tabs and width make it hard to keep any pattern.

then how about accel ?
(Jul. 08, 2017  5:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yea that could happen but we have to keep in mind that bR + any god series disk+frame on atomic can destabilize revolve based combos.

This isn't unique to bR specifically, though.

(Jul. 08, 2017  5:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: also bR is good against right spin stamina layers with low burst defense like A2.also we havent tested bR for defense(maybe it might be better for defense aginst left spin attack types i mean things like L2 S/2G H). also we havent tested bR with trans.

It does have the potential to burst Layers like A2, that's true. I didn't list all of the examples of its potential usage, but was just trying to say that it might be a bit less useful if aC has better stamina/defense (which I believe it does). However, that doesn't mean that bR doesn't have unique and useful qualities like its offensive upside that you mentioned.
(Jul. 09, 2017  7:50 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2017  5:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yea that could happen but we have to keep in mind that bR + any god series disk+frame on atomic can destabilize revolve based combos.

This isn't unique to bR specifically, though.

(Jul. 08, 2017  5:33 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: also bR is good against right spin stamina layers with low burst defense like A2.also we havent tested bR for defense(maybe it might be better for defense aginst left spin attack types i mean things like L2 S/2G H). also we havent tested bR with trans.

It does have the potential to burst Layers like A2, that's true. I didn't list all of the examples of its potential usage, but was just trying to say that it might be a bit less useful if aC has better stamina/defense (which I believe it does). However, that doesn't mean that bR doesn't have unique and useful qualities like its offensive upside that you mentioned.

i just want someone to try bR for defense on atomic and for attack on accel and as for aC I havent seen any defensive tests of aC so i dont know how good it is.maybe it might be better but in blader zyeyos video of its unboxing i saw that one of aC's spike is more pronounced than others so wont that cause recoil?
I did some informal tests with Blaze Ragnaruk, and it tended to lose to Odin on a same heavy revolve matchup. As such, I decided to pit a defensive and more left spin effective Ragnaruk setup against Odin to see how it fares.

The Odin was always on Heavy. I only changed the drivers, which were Revolve and Defense. I did two groups of tests for the Revolve setup, notably because I noted the disk of my old Revolve was at a lower position compared to my mint one when it was not spinning. So, I went ahead and did both.

Note that my Atomic is rather aggressive and that it can do 10 laps nearing the tornado ridge if I launched regularly. I banked Blaze Ragnaruk and launched Odin regularly. I figured this would help Blaze Ragnaruk utilize its aggression better to destabilize Odin.

Stadium: B-09
Launcher used: String launcher (from Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme)
Rounds done for each group: 10

Benchmark:
Wyvern 4Glaive Atomic vs Odin Heavy Revolve (mint)
Beys launched alternatively.
Wyvern 4Glaive Atomic: 3 wins (2 OS, 1 burst)
Odin Heavy Revolve: 7 wins ( 4 OS, 1 burst)
Ties:0
Notes: Margin of victory varied quite a bit, with Odin being able to win before Revolve's precession even kicked in and Wyvern pulling off a one rotation victory. Tere was no domination when it came to who had control of the center of the stadium. The burst finish of Odin came after the initial 5 hits, and the burst finish of Wyvern was a snipe. 

Tests: 
Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic vs Odin Heavy Revolve (old)
Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic: 9 wins (7 OS, 1 KO, 1 burst)
Odin Heavy Revolve: 1 win (burst)
0 ties
Notes: Ragnaruk remained in the middle area of the stadium during the middle to end stages of the battle. It would destabilize Odin to the point where it would circle around Ragnaruk, and would be too weak to knock down Ragnaruk during the final few rotations. Margins of outspin wins were max 2 seconds, meaning they were really close ones.

Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic vs Odin Heavy Revolve (mint)
Beys launched alternatively.
Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic: 8 wins (5 OS, 3 bursts)
Odin Heavy Revolve: 2 wins (2 OS)
0 ties
Notes: Battles were similar to the preceding one. The wins Odin got were when Ragnaruk was launched first and got knocked into a stall after initial contact.

Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic vs Odin Heavy Defense
Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic: 4 wins (2 OS, 2 bursts)
Odin Heavy Revolve: 6 win (6 OS)
0 ties
Notes: Ragnaruk had a very hard time destabilizing Defense when compared to destabilizing Revolve. The Ragnaruk oses came by making Odin scrape the floor when it was circling around Ragnaruk.

Comparison with benchmark:
- Ragnaruk dominated over Odin in terms of control over the center of the stadium. Wyvern and Odin has a 50 50 relationship.
- Ragnaruk bursted Odin more than Wyvern could.

Overall notes and explanations:
- Destabilization is the only way for Ragnaruk to win by os.
- 4Glaive did save Ragnaruk quite a few times by giving it a few more rotations to barely win over Odin.
- Ragnaruk always took the center of the stadium when it became an OS match. This can be explained by it having more mass and recoil control than Odin. As the force required for moving Ragnaruk was more than moving Odin, Ragnaruk was able to stay in the center and prevent being destabilized itself. Compared with Wyvern, as it had less recoil control and had less mass, Wyvern was sometimes destabilized itself and was unable to take full control over the center of the stadium.

Opinions:
- I would feel safer if I was using Ragnaruk and the opponent was using Odin Revolve. While this is the best case scenario, it is the more common scenario due to the influx of left spin equalizers, making Revolve the safer and likelier choice in a tournament setting.
- If the opponent is using defense, just launch as hard as you can and go for the burst. The low recoil and high burst resistance of Ragnaruk puts it at a huge advantage when it comes to burst finishes.
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:01 PM)lovesick Wrote: I did some informal tests with Blaze Ragnaruk, and it tended to lose to Odin on a same heavy revolve matchup. As such, I decided to pit a defensive and more left spin effective Ragnaruk setup against Odin to see how it fares.

The Odin was always on Heavy. I only changed the drivers, which were Revolve and Defense. I did two groups of tests for the Revolve setup, notably because I noted the disk of my old Revolve was at a lower position compared to my mint one when it was not spinning. So, I went ahead and did both.

Note that my Atomic is rather aggressive and that it can do 10 laps nearing the tornado ridge if I launched regularly. I banked Blaze Ragnaruk and launched Odin regularly. I figured this would help Blaze Ragnaruk utilize its aggression better to destabilize Odin.

Benchmark:
Notes: Margin of victory varied quite a bit, with Odin being able to win before Revolve's precession even kicked in and Wyvern pulling off a one rotation victory. Tere was no domination when it came to who had control of the center of the stadium. The burst finish of Odin came after the initial 5 hits, and the burst finish of Wyvern was a snipe. 

Tests: 
0 ties
Notes: Ragnaruk remained in the middle area of the stadium during the middle to end stages of the battle. It would destabilize Odin to the point where it would circle around Ragnaruk, and would be too weak to knock down Ragnaruk during the final few rotations. Margins of outspin wins were max 2 seconds, meaning they were really close ones.

0 ties
Notes: Battles were similar to the preceding one. The wins Odin got were when Ragnaruk was launched first and got knocked into a stall after initial contact.

0 ties
Notes: Ragnaruk had a very hard time destabilizing Defense when compared to destabilizing Revolve. The Ragnaruk oses came by making Odin scrape the floor when it was circling around Ragnaruk.

- Ragnaruk dominated over Odin in terms of control over the center of the stadium. Wyvern and Odin has a 50 50 relationship.

- 4Glaive did save Ragnaruk quite a few times by giving it a few more rotations to barely win over Odin.
- Ragnaruk always took the center of the stadium when it became an OS match. This can be explained by it having more mass and recoil control than Odin. As the force required for moving Ragnaruk was more than moving Odin, Ragnaruk was able to stay in the center and prevent being destabilized itself. Compared with Wyvern, as it had less recoil control and had less mass, Wyvern was sometimes destabilized itself and was unable to take full control over the center of the stadium.

Opinions:
- I would feel safer if I was using Ragnaruk and the opponent was using Odin Revolve. While this is the best case scenario, it is the more common scenario due to the influx of left spin equalizers, making Revolve the safer and likelier choice in a tournament setting.
- If the opponent is using defense, just launch as hard as you can and go for the burst. The low recoil and high burst resistance of Ragnaruk puts it at a huge advantage when it comes to burst finishes.

thanks for the tests.i would also like to see how bR fares against wyvern and neptune on revolve. i wanna see bR 4/6/8 G At vs N/W S/K/G/Y/D/H R. i also wanna see if it can still destabilize odin/wyvern or neptune on revolve if they are using a wide disc like yell or a more burst resistant disc like down.
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:29 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:01 PM)lovesick Wrote: I did some informal tests with Blaze Ragnaruk, and it tended to lose to Odin on a same heavy revolve matchup. As such, I decided to pit a defensive and more left spin effective Ragnaruk setup against Odin to see how it fares.

Benchmark:

Tests: 
0 ties

0 ties

0 ties

Opinions:

thanks for the tests.i would also like to see how bR fares against wyvern and neptune on revolve. i wanna see bR 4/6/8 G At vs N/W S/K/G/Y/D/H R. i also wanna see if it can still destabilize odin/wyvern or neptune on revolve if they are using a wide disc like yell or a more burst resistant disc like down.

Sorry mate, I don't have Neptune and down. I have Wyvern and yell though, so I can test that.

EDIT: Wyvern Yell Revolve Tests done.
Blaze Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic vs Wyvern Yell Revolve (mint)
bR: 8 wins (6OS, 2 bursts)
W: 2 wins (2OS)
Ties: 0
Notes: Wyvern was more stable than Odin Heavy was. In this case, the ownership of the center was less defined than the Odin battle. However, I noticed that the constant hits Ragnaruk made towards Wyvern chipped at Wyvern's stamina quite a bit. As Ragnaruk is rounder, it has less recoil than Wyvern, making stamina loss due to rotational recoil more on Wyvern's part. 

Threw in some Acid Anubis as well.
Blaze Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic vs Acid Anubis Yell Revolve
bR: 9 wins (5 OS, 4 bursts)
A2: 1 win (1os)
Notes: This was similar to what happened above. However, A2 had noticeably more rotational recoil than Wyvern, resulting in more bursts on its part.
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:37 PM)lovesick Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:29 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: thanks for the tests.i would also like to see how bR fares against wyvern and neptune on revolve. i wanna see bR 4/6/8 G At vs N/W S/K/G/Y/D/H R. i also wanna see if it can still destabilize odin/wyvern or neptune on revolve if they are using a wide disc like yell or a more burst resistant disc like down.

Sorry mate, I don't have Neptune and down. I have Wyvern and yell though, so I can test that.

Notes: Wyvern was more stable than Odin Heavy was. In this case, the ownership of the center was less defined than the Odin battle. However, I noticed that the constant hits Ragnaruk made towards Wyvern chipped at Wyvern's stamina quite a bit. As Ragnaruk is rounder, it has less recoil than Wyvern, making stamina loss due to rotational recoil more on Wyvern's part. 

Notes: This was similar to what happened above. However, A2 had noticeably more rotational recoil than Wyvern, resulting in more bursts on its part.

wow results look good.can u try wyevrn or odin with spread or gravity maybe their outward weight distribution can resist destabilization but i doubt it. can u test this bR combo(bR 4G At) against attack types both right spin and left spin attackers.
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:37 PM)lovesick Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:29 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: thanks for the tests.i would also like to see how bR fares against wyvern and neptune on revolve. i wanna see bR 4/6/8 G At vs N/W S/K/G/Y/D/H R. i also wanna see if it can still destabilize odin/wyvern or neptune on revolve if they are using a wide disc like yell or a more burst resistant disc like down.

Wow thats really impressive. If possible can you test Br against Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther

I know they are banned but I want to see how they does agaisnt bR

Edit :- D2GD and DHR vs bR8/4GAt
The thing with bR.4G.At is that while it can indeed defeat right-spin Revolve-based combos, Alter Chronos 2 Cross Atomic can also do the same thing and OS Blaze Ragnaruk on the same set up. This happened several times during the Deck Finals today in Toronto and Alter Chronos won almost every time.

bR does have a greater ability to burst things, and maybe it could be better defensively against certain opponents, but aC has good defense and is better in terms of Stamina at the very least. And it's also heavier.
(Jul. 09, 2017  11:17 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2017  4:37 PM)lovesick Wrote: Sorry mate, I don't have Neptune and down. I have Wyvern and yell though, so I can test that.

Wow thats really impressive. If possible can you test Br against Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther

I know they are banned but I want to see how they does agaisnt bR

Edit :- D2GD and DHR vs bR8/4GAt
Tested against D2 as my D is very much worn down.
Blaze Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic vs Dark Deathscyther Heavy Orbit
D2: 9 wins (9 OS)
bR: 1 win (1 KO)
Notes: Well, You can say D2 is an upscaled version of bR in terms of Right Spin. D2 had low recoil, high burst resistance and better destabilization properties, and orbit just had more stamina than Atomic.

(Jul. 10, 2017  2:35 AM)Kei Wrote: The thing with bR.4G.At is that while it can indeed defeat right-spin Revolve-based combos, Alter Chronos 2 Cross Atomic can also do the same thing and OS Blaze Ragnaruk on the same set up. This happened several times during the Deck Finals today in Toronto and Alter Chronos won almost every time.

bR does have a greater ability to burst things, and maybe it could be better defensively against certain opponents, but aC has good defense and is better in terms of Stamina at the very least. And it's also heavier.
Ouch! I guess it's time for a purchase Unhappy
Any opinions on how it does against dF compared with bR?
(Jul. 10, 2017  2:49 AM)lovesick Wrote: Ouch! I guess it's time for a purchase Unhappy
Any opinions on how it does against dF compared with bR?

Yeah, it's quite good!

I haven't tested the mirror match of aC vs. dF a lot, so I can't comment on that other than my intuition tells me that it would probably be 50/50, but aC.2C.H was able to OS dF.4G.At pretty consistently for me (and interestingly, 4C was not; I find 2C and 4G work best together and not vice-versa). That said, bR isn't necessarily bad against dF as I'm sure you know. Today at our tournament @[Mitsu] was able to win at least two matches 3-0 with bR.4G.At vs. dF.4G.At, which was surprising to me that it could be that consistent. It might have something to do with the Atomic's people are using though, as there are different molds and the looseness of the free-spinning ring/ball probably does have an effect on the results of matches that becomes especially apparent in mirror matches.
(Jun. 12, 2017  9:44 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: For anyone that believes A2s defense is complete utter trash, mine and Kei's informal tests of it say otherwise, all you need to do is weak bank launch and it becomes as good as Odin.  Victory Valkyrie (I would say around 30% win rate, V2 just self bursted against it constantly) has the worse win rate against A2, while stuff like Valkyrie and God Valkyrie (they did much better probably around 70%, they bursted it easily even with the bank) did much better.  We also tested Z2 and L2 against it, they also didn't do too well, L2 managed to KO more than actually burst it and Z2 just didn't do much really lol.  I feel like all these assumptions on combos have nothing backing them up and are based on theory alone which honestly gets under my skin.

Really?  Maybe I dont need defense parts as much as I thought then.  Lol.
I find that bR. K. O. does pretty well against most opponents, if hard launched