Blaze Ragnaruk testing

Hey guys, 

This is my first official testing thread i suppose, so uj.. Please take it a little easy on me.. Ha... 

So i decided i wanted to test the stamina of the layer blaze ragnaruk.

I did a total of 20 battles, 10 using exclusively the light launcher and 10 using the black string launcher in the b-33 black standard stadium.

The combos i used to test were both using spread and orbit.

The other layer i used was Odin. So...
O.S.O vs bR.S.O

The first battle i launched odin first and from there i would launch the winner first.

(To note i put the orbit i feel performs less adequately on bR)

Heres my results:

Long Winder:
Round 1: Odin launched first and won by OS
Round 2: Odin launched first and bR won by OS
Round 3: bR launched first and won by BF
Round 4: bR launched first and won by OS
Round 5: bR launched first and Odin won by OS
Round 6: Odin launched first and bR won by OS
Round 7: bR launched first Odin won by OS
Round 8: Odin launched first and bR won by OS
Round 9: bR launched first and won by BF
Round 10: bR lqunched first and Odin won by OS

String launcher:

Round 1: bR launched first won by OS
Round 2: bR launched first won by OS
Round 3: bR launched first won by OS
Round 4: bR launched first Odin won by OS
Round 5: odin launched first bR won by BF
Round 6: bR launched first Odin won by OS
Round 7: Odin launched first bR won by OS
Round 8: bR launched first won by OS
Round 9: bR launched first won by OS
Round 10: bR launched first won by BF

thats just my tests. Feel free to comment yours. Wouldve liked to test this with revolve instead but i dont have 2... Can do updates when i get 2 though!
Good to know that it mostly wins in a mirror match against Odin. Was the Light Launcher used with a Long Winder?

Usually, you are supposed to report results only and alternate which Beyblade was launched first each time, not three in a row, then five in a row, then one, then back to five, etc. Overall, you launched Odin first a lot less, which might explain why it wins less in your results...

Anyway, do you have a left-spin Beyblade? Blaze Ragnaruk is supposed to be a counter to those especially.
I had very different results, however, I used Heavy and Revolve.

Equipment:
Burst Standard Type BeyStadium
Long Winder + Light Launcher
BeyLauncher + BeyLogger + Launcher Grip

Procedure:
In the first round, Odin was launched with the Long Winder followed by Blaze Ragnaruk with the BeyLauncher. In the second round, Blaze Ragnaruk was launched first with the Long Winder followed by Odin with the BeyLauncher. This was repeated 10 times over the course of 20 rounds.

After 10 rounds, the Drivers and Discs of both combos were swapped with the other combo's to minimize the effect of possible variations between the Discs and Drivers on the results.

Test
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Revolve vs. Odin Heavy Revolve
bR.H.R: 1 BF
O.H.R: 19 (18 OS, 1 KO)
Detailed results: (Click to View)
Blaze Ragnaruk win ratio: 1/20

As always, others are encouraged to repeat my test and post their results.
(Jun. 05, 2017  8:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Good to know that it mostly wins in a mirror match against Odin. Was the Light Launcher used with a Long Winder?

Usually, you are supposed to report results only and alternate which Beyblade was launched first each time, not three in a row, then five in a row, then one, then back to five, etc. Overall, you launched Odin first a lot less, which might explain why it wins less in your results...

Anyway, do you have a left-spin Beyblade? Blaze Ragnaruk is supposed to be a counter to those especially.

Ah, and yea, i used long winder, what i did, is if it won the last round i launched it first, also wouldnt being launched 2nd be an advantage in the case of 2 beys rotating in the same direction?
(Jun. 05, 2017  8:46 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2017  8:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Good to know that it mostly wins in a mirror match against Odin. Was the Light Launcher used with a Long Winder?

Ah, and yea, i used long winder, what i did, is if it won the last round i launched it first, also wouldnt being launched 2nd be an advantage in the case of 2 beys rotating in the same direction?

The point of alternating which bey is launched first each round is to negate that potential advantage over the course of many rounds.
Ok wow I would expect bR to get rekt by Odin kinda like it did in angry's results lol, when bR is on Atomic it has a slim but better chance of bursting Odin compared to a revolve combo, but still a very small difference.

By any chance would you be able to provide any kind of footage of how your battles turn out?
Following the same procedure:

Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Revolve vs. Neptune Heavy Revolve
bR.H.R: 2 (1 OS, 1 KO)
N.H.R: 18 OS
Blaze Ragnaruk win ratio: 2/20

Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Revolve vs. Wyvern Heavy Revolve
bR.H.R: 2 BF
W.H.R: 18 OS

Based on my informal tests, I think bR may be better suited for Defense or Attack than Stamina.
(Jun. 05, 2017  9:54 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Following the same procedure:

Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Revolve vs. Neptune Heavy Revolve
bR.H.R: 2 (1 OS, 1 KO)
N.H.R: 18 OS

Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Revolve vs. Wyvern Heavy Revolve
bR.H.R: 2 BF
W.H.R: 18 OS

Based on my informal tests, I think bR may be better suited for Defense or Attack than Stamina.

Maybe try it on Orbit or Atomic and post results here? I'm interested to see how exactly bR functions in the new meta.
(Jun. 05, 2017  9:00 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Ok wow I would expect bR to get rekt by Odin kinda like it did in angry's results lol, when bR is on Atomic it has a slim but better chance of bursting Odin compared to a revolve combo, but still a very small difference.

By any chance would you be able to provide any kind of footage of how your battles turn out?

My combo was on orbit. Which is kind of similar to atomic so i could see that. I can redo my tests later and record the whole thing using the proper testing methods. Ill post the video to youtube and post the link here.

EDIT: maybe Odin is just trash on orbit?
after seeing the tests i think blaze ragnarok is only good for burst defense due to its tall teeth. stamina wise i think it is inferior to odin neptune and even wyvern . maybe someone should test bR K/S/H/G  O/D/At o against these layers like W/O/N  K/S/H/G  O/D/At and also test it against dF P/6/8G At.In the other bR testing thread bR did pretty well against attack, i think it has  potential in defense.
Equipment
Light Launcher + Long Winder
Standard Type Beystadium

Odin launched first each round
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Atomic vs Odin Heavy Revolve
bR.H.At - 5 (3 OS, 1 KO, 1 BF)
O.H.R - 15 (13 OS, 2 KO)
Blaze Ragnaruk 25% Win Rate (5/20)

I was deep banking this combo hoping to go for the burst, the deep bank actually ended up transferring to Odin which made it lose stamina because of the tilt it got from Blaze Ragnaruk, the stamina battles were always close ones with Odin winning by just a few rotations.

Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Vortex Atomic vs Odin Heavy Revolve
bR.4V.At - 9 (5 OS, 4 BF)
O.H.R - 11 (10 OS, 1 KO)
Blaze Ragnaruk 45% Win Rate (9/20)

(The tilt transfer also happened in this test which is how bR got it's OS', it got more because it was also able to hit Odin a lot harder)

With this test, the last test influenced me to try something heavier because it just didn't seem like bR was getting the results I thought it would get, so first thing I considered was more weight.  Doing the deep bank caused much harder hits with the extra 3 or so grams of weight which caused Odin to not only lose a lot of clicks each round but also a lot of stamina making each round a close one with Odin winning by just about 10 rotations.  I also found out that bR got a lot more LAD with 4 Vortex than Heavy, it wobbled around while spinning a lot longer than it did on Heavy, on heavy it kinda just flopped over.

Launch Alternation every round
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Revolve vs Odin Heavy Revolve
bR.H.R - 0 
O.H.R - 10 (All OS)
1 DBF
Blaze Ragnaruk 0% Win Rate (0/10)

No comment really, I knew this would happen, bR just doesn't have good stamina, it needs to rely on destabilization KO or BF.
Have you tried bR with Orbit? Maybe it can make it consistent
(Jun. 06, 2017  11:30 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Have you tried bR with Orbit? Maybe it can make it consistent

Orbit isn't aggressive enough

(Jun. 06, 2017  10:00 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Equipment
Light Launcher + Long Winder
Standard Type Beystadium

Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Atomic vs Odin Heavy Revolve
bR.H.At - 5 (3 OS, 1 KO, 1 BF)
O.H.R - 15 (13 OS, 2 KO)
Blaze Ragnaruk 25% Win Rate (5/20)

I was deep banking this combo hoping to go for the burst, the deep bank actually ended up transferring to Odin which made it lose stamina because of the tilt it got from Blaze Ragnaruk, the stamina battles were always close ones with Odin winning by just a few rotations.

Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Vortex Atomic vs Odin Heavy Revolve
bR.4V.At - 9 (5 OS, 4 BF)
O.H.R - 11 (10 OS, 1 KO)
Blaze Ragnaruk 45% Win Rate (9/20)

(The tilt transfer also happened in this test which is how bR got it's OS', it got more because it was also able to hit Odin a lot harder)

With this test, the last test influenced me to try something heavier because it just didn't seem like bR was getting the results I thought it would get, so first thing I considered was more weight.  Doing the deep bank caused much harder hits with the extra 3 or so grams of weight which caused Odin to not only lose a lot of clicks each round but also a lot of stamina making each round a close one with Odin winning by just about 10 rotations.  I also found out that bR got a lot more LAD with 4 Vortex than Heavy, it wobbled around while spinning a lot longer than it did on Heavy, on heavy it kinda just flopped over.

Launch Alternation every round
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy Revolve vs Odin Heavy Revolve
bR.H.R - 0 
O.H.R - 10 (All OS)
1 DBF
Blaze Ragnaruk 0% Win Rate (0/10)

No comment really, I knew this would happen, bR just doesn't have good stamina, it needs to rely on destabilization KO or BF.
Really suprised that despite its round shape and high owd its not good in stamina maybe now u should try something like bR 4/8C/G/V At against N/W/O 2/4/6/8 C/G/V R to check if bR can still destablize opponents using the god layer system disks.Also test it against L2 and dF i have heard it is good against them.Also i wanted to ask why did to choose vortex frame over cross,glaive,star and meteor and also why 4 disk over 6 and 8.
(Jun. 07, 2017  10:26 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Really suprised that despite its round shape and high owd its not good in stamina maybe now u should try something like bR 4/8C/G/V At against N/W/O 2/4/6/8 C/G/V R to check if bR can still destablize opponents using the god layer system disks.Also test it against L2 and dF i have heard it is good against them.Also i wanted to ask why did to choose vortex frame over cross,glaive,star and meteor and also why 4 disk over 6 and 8.

First of all anything on Revolve should get destabilized by Blaze Ragnaruk when you deep bank despite the disk choice of the opposing bey, quite honestly I wouldn't be surprised if bR won more because usually the frame disks make beys suffer in stamina.

I chose 4V because it was the heaviest in decimals compared to everything else (my bR 4V At weighed 40.40 grams).  Though I do prefer 4 over any other god disk or whatever it's called because once again it is the heaviest by about .4 for me.
(Jun. 07, 2017  6:28 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2017  10:26 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Really suprised that despite its round shape and high owd its not good in stamina maybe now u should try something like bR 4/8C/G/V At against N/W/O 2/4/6/8 C/G/V R to check if bR can still destablize opponents using the god layer system disks.Also test it against L2 and dF i have heard it is good against them.Also i wanted to ask why did to choose vortex frame over cross,glaive,star and meteor and also why 4 disk over 6 and 8.

First of all anything on Revolve should get destabilized by Blaze Ragnaruk when you deep bank despite the disk choice of the opposing bey, quite honestly I wouldn't be surprised if bR won more because usually the frame disks make beys suffer in stamina.

I chose 4V because it was the heaviest in decimals compared to everything else (my bR 4V At weighed 40.40 grams).  Though I do prefer 4 over any other god disk or whatever it's called because once again it is the heaviest by about .4 for me.

ok i get it just wanted to know that if bR could destabilize an opponent using a disk whose weight is equal to the disk used with bR.also i think bR should be tested against left spin beyblades now.Also try it against A2.
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:01 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2017  6:28 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: First of all anything on Revolve should get destabilized by Blaze Ragnaruk when you deep bank despite the disk choice of the opposing bey, quite honestly I wouldn't be surprised if bR won more because usually the frame disks make beys suffer in stamina.

ok i get it just wanted to know that if bR could destabilize an opponent using a disk whose weight is equal to the disk used with bR.also i think bR should be tested against left spin beyblades now.

it's not bR that destabilizes nor the disk, it's atomic doing all the work.
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:02 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:01 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: ok i get it just wanted to know that if bR could destabilize an opponent using a disk whose weight is equal to the disk used with bR.also i think bR should be tested against left spin beyblades now.

it's not bR that destabilizes nor the disk, it's atomic doing all the work.

so u mean odin or wyvern or neptune or acid anubus could do better than bR with atomic.
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:07 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:02 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: it's not bR that destabilizes nor the disk, it's atomic doing all the work.

so u mean odin or wyvern or neptune or acid anubus could do better than bR with atomic.

No, but defense probably can, Atomic doesn't go well with any of the current meta stamina types.
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:15 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:07 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: so u mean odin or wyvern or neptune or acid anubus could do better than bR with atomic.

No, but defense probably can, Atomic doesn't go well with any of the current meta stamina types.

so can we say bR is the best layer to use with atomic?
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:28 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:15 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: No, but defense probably can, Atomic doesn't go well with any of the current meta stamina types.

so can we say bR is the best layer to use with atomic?

Probably, it's just a guess though, we wont know for sure until it's tested.  But mstubbs88 tested Orbit on bR and Odin so im assuming similar results would come from Atomic on both beys where bR just dominates.
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:35 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  12:28 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: so can we say bR is the best layer to use with atomic?

Probably, it's just a guess though, we wont know for sure until it's tested.  But mstubbs88 tested Orbit on bR and Odin so im assuming similar results would come from Atomic on both beys where bR just dominates.

So basically bR is not good for stamina but has good defense(i am assuming it has good defense on the basis of the tests of bR against attack types in the other bR testing thread).Also it is one of the best if not the best layers to use with the atomic driver(i am saying this on the basis of these tests) and when paired with the atomic driver it can destabilize revolve based combos.now its time to test it against left spin beyblades i guess.Kinda off topic but can u tell how much bR layer weighs?
Can someone test Blaze Ragnaruk Gravity/2G or 4G (I forget which one people started using before the D2 ban) Defense against Acid Anubis Spread Revolve and Odin Spread/Yell Revolve? From what I've been hearing so far the Layer plays very similarly to D2 so I'm interested to see how well it works on the most popular D2 setup.

Can we get some tests against Right-Spin Attack types too (both KO and Burst)? While it performed pretty well against L2 Attackers, I did saw bR get bursted by Neptune once during Beyblade North, which didn't exactly give me high hopes for its Burst Defense (though this was most likely just a freak occurrence).
(Jun. 10, 2017  10:10 AM)Wombat Wrote: Can someone test Blaze Ragnaruk Gravity/2G or 4G (I forget which one people started using before the D2 ban) Defense against Acid Anubis Spread Revolve and Odin Spread/Yell Revolve? From what I've been hearing so far the Layer plays very similarly to D2 so I'm interested to see how well it works on the most popular D2 setup.

Can we get some tests against Right-Spin Attack types too (both KO and Burst)? While it performed pretty well against L2 Attackers, I did saw bR get bursted by Neptune once during Beyblade North, which didn't exactly give me high hopes for its Burst Defense (though this was most likely just a freak occurrence).
With pleasure.
bRGD vs A2SR
bRGD: 10 (9 BF, 1 SF)
A2SR: 9 (9 SF)
Draw: 1 (1 DSF)

bR2GD vs A2SR
bR2GD: 1 (1 SF)
A2SR: 15 (15 SF)
Draw: 4 (4 DSF)
Absolutely painful to watch.

bR4GD vs A2SR
bR4GD: 8 (1 SF, 1 KO,6 BF)
A2SR: 8 (7 SF, 1 KO)
Draw: 4 (4 DSF)

bRGX vs A2SR
bRGX: 17 (17 BF)
A2SR: 3 (3 SF)
Draw: 0
Justice is served.
Seriously, it's pretty obvious that A2's weakness is burst resistance. Not exploiting it would be akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

bRGC vs gVHX
bRGC: 19 (19 SF)
gVHX: 1 (1 SF)
Draw: 0
Wow, 2 Glaive affected it's stamina that much..