Blading dream

(Jan. 24, 2009  7:01 PM)Krys Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2009  1:34 PM)pegasis Wrote: like wut u said guys plus that u can see beyblade stadiums build in the floor or build in a table in malls,parks and streets...so we can blade anytime anywhere! Smile

Another thing I second! Be able to go someplace like the YMCA and they have a beyblade stadium there that you can blade in!

^ and this tooo Smile If you go to like a park or community centre and have stadiums set up.
Yeah, having stadiums set up at different community places would be sweet as well. I hope MFB is popular enough for something like that to happen.
Like Anu to have beyblade as a professional sport or at least recognised worldwide as a proper hobby and not a toy. Also proper beyblade shops where they sell custom parts and stuff.
(Jan. 25, 2009  1:32 AM)NeoBlader Wrote: Like Anu to have beyblade as a professional sport or at least recognised worldwide as a proper hobby and not a toy. Also proper beyblade shops where they sell custom parts and stuff.

Custom parts would be illegal and ruin the restrictions that the game has in place to make it fun/fair. If they sold individual parts instead of whole beyblades, that might be kool, though.
I meant like official parts that upgrade your blade . I worded it wrong. Smile
real life is not an anime get it through your heads
This isn't just beyblading dreams, we know it won't actually happen in real life.
(Jan. 24, 2009  6:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: For Hasbro to hire me to work on the Beyblade project Eee
Dream job?

I know Hasbro has started doing a question and answer section on www.transformers.com in response to the large centralised [adult, although I use the term lightly] communities on TFW2005, Seibertron and Allspark, which shows that they are interested in people's opinions and reassuring their communities about their products.

The questions are vetted and cherry-picked, but it shows a real commitment to at least trying to deliver on what the fans want.

If it can be demonstrated that we have a single, unified, and most importantly mature and civil voice, that is representative of the concerns of their target demographics, then we may well be able to initiate a productive dialogue with them.
My guess is it was the marketting guys responding to the OtC criticisms, rather than anyone who might do the engineering*. (*making the stadiums etc)
If we can at least get some ideas like Tornado ridges and deeper dishes passed onto the designers, and convince them that there's money in it, then there's a good chance they'll take an interest.

(Jan. 24, 2009  1:34 PM)pegasis Wrote: like wut u said guys plus that u can see beyblade stadiums build in the floor or build in a table in malls,parks and streets...so we can blade anytime anywhere! Smile

Unfortunately stationary stadiums are a no-no. If it's located on someone's premises then any trouble surrounding it becomes their problem, which they don't want.
Nobody wants something that is likely to attract a crowd of noisy arguing kids to their establishment, be they a charity, a public institution, or a shop.
It would be like having a vending machine that you couldn't make money from. Nobody wants to invest time/money/space in something that isn't a potential revenue stream.

Also, if they were outside then they might collect rainwater, which could then stagnate becoming not only highly unpleasant to smell, but also un-hygienic.

I think that increasing the portability of stadiums, and improving their market penetration to make them more common, and therefore more convenient to get hold of at any given time, is probably the best we could hope for.

Also, if it's stationary it's likely to be vandalised/defaced/"violated" in various ways. Never underestimate the capabilities ofa bored chav.

(Jan. 24, 2009  10:36 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: This, too. And to host tourny's everywhere when MFB reaches overseas.
Unfortunately tournaments are expensive to organise and host, especially in the modern climate of frivolous litigation. Add to that the recession kicking in, and it seems unlikely that we'll see any tournaments until the product becomes a proven success.

I think a more realistic aspiration would be to hope for Hasbro to support smaller local tournaments initially, by offering suggestions and materials to help the budding organiser get people together at a particular time and place.

As a community, there is a lot that we can do to help with this kind of thing, not only at a grass-roots level, but also in terms of creating resources that Hasbro could direct people towards, and of which we can raise awareness ourselves.

The WBS is probably the biggest thing in terms of motivating people to hold these tournaments and events. It's great because it will grow via word-of mouth, as people will want to play as many ranked matches as they can, and also because it encourages competition.
I honestly believe that Hasbro/Takara/Tomy might rip it off, or if it gets enough registrants they might even step in to cover hosting costs, because it really has the power to get people playing.

(Jan. 25, 2009  1:32 AM)NeoBlader Wrote: Like Anu to have beyblade as a professional sport or at least recognised worldwide as a proper hobby and not a toy. Also proper beyblade shops where they sell custom parts and stuff.

It will never be a professional sport.
It is a toy.
However, I would like to see it marketed as a hobby more than the fad it turned into last time around.

Games like Yu-gi-oh, Magic, and so on thrive constantly because it's a hobby rather than just a way for a toy maker to shift some plastic and make ten bux.
Hobbies tend to be viewed in a much more positive light by kids' parents, and they tend to have a lasting appeal. Those two factors alone should be enough to get the money-men interested in steering Beyblade in the direction that other hobby-products have taken.

I don't think Beyblades will ever be sold as seperate parts, because it would be a lot more difficult to shift the generic parts like Weight Disks and Tracks. Almost the only products that would move are Attack Rings and Wheels.

Since profit is made on the package as a whole, it's more profitable to shift a lot of generic parts with ver few variations, that don't require massive amounts of research and development to create, than to move the same number, or even slightly more, of Wheels where every single one is different and has to be developed individually.

(Jan. 23, 2009  8:55 PM)Rocky Wrote: To be able to see kids (and teenagers) walk down the streets 'blade in hand'.
I believe the main factors preventing people from taking their blades with them when they go out are the following:
1. Fear of negative judgement or being ostracized for "playing with kids toys".
2. Fear of loss or theft.
3. Lack of convenience.

To address this Hasbro and/or Takara/Tomy ought to develop some kind of belt-pouch, or carrying case/bag for: at least one Beyblade, at least one Winder [stored straight, not bent], at least one Shooter, and ideally a Grip aswell.
It should be relatively innocuous, either black or grey/silver in colour, without any visible logos.
It should close with some kind of clicking mechanism to provide an audible warning in the event of pick-pocketing.
It shouldn't get in the way of sitting down, or protrude too far from the body.

It would probably be best offered as part of a special starter set, otherwise it would likely be overlooked as I doubt that retailers would be overly enthusiastic about stocking it as a standalone product.

I think this would get people carrying their blades with them more.

(Jan. 24, 2009  1:49 AM)Aqua_24 Wrote: But it would be so awesome if takara released a one-time limited edition (Dragoon, Dranzer, Draciel & Driger MFB).
Count on it happening.
Hasbro LOEV trademarks. (there was a time when they didn't give a rat's bum, but they learned the carp out of that lesson)

When I say they love trademarks, I mean it.
This is the company that released 5 transformers with the same name in the space of two years because:
1. They have to use the name at least once every 5 years or so, or they lose exclusive rights to it.
2. They like to re-use old trademarks rather than register new ones.

On top of that, they know that there are teenagers and kids [and to a lesser extent adults] out there that remember that stuff very fondly, and will recognise the brand based on those particular characters.

These are the people whom, when buying for younger siblings or their offspring, will remember that "dragoon is the one that beat everybody", or that "Driger is the cool kung-fu tiger one", and so on.
Hasbro would be retarded to the point of becoming objectively sub-human (NB: This is a joke, I am not a nazi) if they made no plans or effort to capitalise on that kind of character/brand recognition.

In fact, I am almost certain that L-Drago will be renamed to Dragoon when Hasbro releases it.

Aqua_24 Wrote:Yeah a magazine would be really cool. I actually suggested WBO making a beyblade magazine as one of the ways to raise money but people didn't really seem interesting my idea LOL

Unfortunately, making it a paid service/product puts an onus on the creators to deliver worthy content on a regular basis.
Since most people here have either school or a full-time job, it would be very difficult to ensure a constant output of high quality material.
That would also conflict with the interests of the wiki, since any magazine articles are likely to be duplicates of information from the Wiki, and surely we can't expect people to pay for things that should be put on the wiki as soon as they're written up.
Wow, your no fun, no offense. But on the tournament subject. I would be hosting and organizing them, and probably for fee at a local park or something.
(Jan. 25, 2009  4:31 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Wow, your no fun.

Agree, how dare you take a slash at the dreams of our members!

(Jan. 25, 2009  4:24 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote: To address this Hasbro and/or Takara/Tomy ought to develop some kind of belt-pouch, or carrying case/bag for: at least one Beyblade, at least one Winder [stored straight, not bent], at least one Shooter, and ideally a Grip aswell.
Could be like what the 'bladers in the TV show hold their beyblades in
(Jan. 25, 2009  4:31 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Wow, your no fun, no offense. But on the tournament subject. I would be hosting and organizing them, and probably for fee at a local park or something.
None taken. I tend to be the analytical type, and I know that sometimes makes me come off as carp and boring, but that's just how I contribute.
I'm an ISTJ, it's probably useful to know that when reading my posts.

(Jan. 25, 2009  4:53 AM)Krys Wrote:

Lol. I just find it more interesting to speculate about what we can make happen, rather than just what we would like to happen.

(Jan. 25, 2009  4:24 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote: To address this Hasbro and/or Takara/Tomy ought to develop some kind of belt-pouch, or carrying case/bag for: at least one Beyblade, at least one Winder [stored straight, not bent], at least one Shooter, and ideally a Grip aswell.
I'm thinking something similar to that, yeah.
(Jan. 25, 2009  5:01 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to be seeing like that...I actually don't think it would be too hard to make. As long as they don't do a crappy job on it...make it like a real clothing item or something...not just like some toy and not put any effort into it.
(Jan. 25, 2009  5:01 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2009  4:31 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Wow, your no fun, no offense. But on the tournament subject. I would be hosting and organizing them, and probably for fee at a local park or something.
None taken. I tend to be the analytical type, and I know that sometimes makes me come off as carp and boring, but that's just how I contribute.
I'm an ISTJ, it's probably useful to know that when reading my posts.

Lol. I just find it more interesting to speculate about what we can make happen, rather than just what we would like to happen.

I'm similar, I just love to speculate, lol. I also suck at grammer/writing. Anyways, the pouches that held the character's blades in the anime were what I thought of when I read that. I would think they would work pretty well, though they might look kinda stupid =P.
(Jan. 25, 2009  5:04 AM)Krys Wrote: Yeah, I'd like to be seeing like that...I actually don't think it would be too hard to make. As long as they don't do a crappy job on it...make it like a real clothing item or something...not just like some toy and not put any effort into it.
That's the idea. It should look like something you might realistically wear, albeit with a winder hanging out of the bottom, so that people don't have to be embarassed to be seen with it in public.

(Jan. 25, 2009  5:12 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Anyways, the pouches that held the character's blades in the anime were what I thought of when I read that. I would think they would work pretty well, though they might look kinda stupid =P.
That's the danger, that because it's viewed as a toy, they end up being hot pink and custard yellow, just because nothing else on the shop shelf is in those particular colours.
(Jan. 25, 2009  5:27 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2009  5:04 AM)Krys Wrote: Yeah, I'd like to be seeing like that...I actually don't think it would be too hard to make. As long as they don't do a crappy job on it...make it like a real clothing item or something...not just like some toy and not put any effort into it.
That's the idea. It should look like something you might realistically wear, albeit with a winder hanging out of the bottom, so that people don't have to be embarassed to be seen with it in public.

(Jan. 25, 2009  5:12 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Anyways, the pouches that held the character's blades in the anime were what I thought of when I read that. I would think they would work pretty well, though they might look kinda stupid =P.
That's the danger, that because it's viewed as a toy, they end up being hot pink and custard yellow, just because nothing else on the shop shelf is in those particular colours.

That's another reason for wanting them to be more like real clothing items, so they don't have those pathetic custard yellow and pink colors [though I doubt a game aimed at boys would have pink holders]. I mean they'd look a lot better if at least a little effort was put into their creation
I swear I'll go and complain if they end up releasing them, but in lame looking colors.
Yeah, as long as release them making them blend into other clothes colors they should be pretty darn kool.
(Jan. 25, 2009  4:24 AM)PRINCEcharming Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2009  6:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: For Hasbro to hire me to work on the Beyblade project Eee
Dream job?

I know Hasbro has started doing a question and answer section on www.transformers.com in response to the large centralised [adult, although I use the term lightly] communities on TFW2005, Seibertron and Allspark, which shows that they are interested in people's opinions and reassuring their communities about their products.

The questions are vetted and cherry-picked, but it shows a real commitment to at least trying to deliver on what the fans want.

If it can be demonstrated that we have a single, unified, and most importantly mature and civil voice, that is representative of the concerns of their target demographics, then we may well be able to initiate a productive dialogue with them.
My guess is it was the marketting guys responding to the OtC criticisms, rather than anyone who might do the engineering*. (*making the stadiums etc)
If we can at least get some ideas like Tornado ridges and deeper dishes passed onto the designers, and convince them that there's money in it, then there's a good chance they'll take an interest.

Unfortunately stationary stadiums are a no-no. If it's located on someone's premises then any trouble surrounding it becomes their problem, which they don't want.
Nobody wants something that is likely to attract a crowd of noisy arguing kids to their establishment, be they a charity, a public institution, or a shop.
It would be like having a vending machine that you couldn't make money from. Nobody wants to invest time/money/space in something that isn't a potential revenue stream.

Also, if they were outside then they might collect rainwater, which could then stagnate becoming not only highly unpleasant to smell, but also un-hygienic.

I think that increasing the portability of stadiums, and improving their market penetration to make them more common, and therefore more convenient to get hold of at any given time, is probably the best we could hope for.

Also, if it's stationary it's likely to be vandalised/defaced/"violated" in various ways. Never underestimate the capabilities ofa bored chav.

(Jan. 24, 2009  10:36 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: This, too. And to host tourny's everywhere when MFB reaches overseas.
Unfortunately tournaments are expensive to organise and host, especially in the modern climate of frivolous litigation. Add to that the recession kicking in, and it seems unlikely that we'll see any tournaments until the product becomes a proven success.

I think a more realistic aspiration would be to hope for Hasbro to support smaller local tournaments initially, by offering suggestions and materials to help the budding organiser get people together at a particular time and place.

As a community, there is a lot that we can do to help with this kind of thing, not only at a grass-roots level, but also in terms of creating resources that Hasbro could direct people towards, and of which we can raise awareness ourselves.

The WBS is probably the biggest thing in terms of motivating people to hold these tournaments and events. It's great because it will grow via word-of mouth, as people will want to play as many ranked matches as they can, and also because it encourages competition.
I honestly believe that Hasbro/Takara/Tomy might rip it off, or if it gets enough registrants they might even step in to cover hosting costs, because it really has the power to get people playing.

It will never be a professional sport.
It is a toy.
However, I would like to see it marketed as a hobby more than the fad it turned into last time around.

Games like Yu-gi-oh, Magic, and so on thrive constantly because it's a hobby rather than just a way for a toy maker to shift some plastic and make ten bux.
Hobbies tend to be viewed in a much more positive light by kids' parents, and they tend to have a lasting appeal. Those two factors alone should be enough to get the money-men interested in steering Beyblade in the direction that other hobby-products have taken.

I don't think Beyblades will ever be sold as seperate parts, because it would be a lot more difficult to shift the generic parts like Weight Disks and Tracks. Almost the only products that would move are Attack Rings and Wheels.

Since profit is made on the package as a whole, it's more profitable to shift a lot of generic parts with ver few variations, that don't require massive amounts of research and development to create, than to move the same number, or even slightly more, of Wheels where every single one is different and has to be developed individually.

(Jan. 23, 2009  8:55 PM)Rocky Wrote: To be able to see kids (and teenagers) walk down the streets 'blade in hand'.
I believe the main factors preventing people from taking their blades with them when they go out are the following:
1. Fear of negative judgement or being ostracized for "playing with kids toys".
2. Fear of loss or theft.
3. Lack of convenience.

To address this Hasbro and/or Takara/Tomy ought to develop some kind of belt-pouch, or carrying case/bag for: at least one Beyblade, at least one Winder [stored straight, not bent], at least one Shooter, and ideally a Grip aswell.
It should be relatively innocuous, either black or grey/silver in colour, without any visible logos.
It should close with some kind of clicking mechanism to provide an audible warning in the event of pick-pocketing.
It shouldn't get in the way of sitting down, or protrude too far from the body.

It would probably be best offered as part of a special starter set, otherwise it would likely be overlooked as I doubt that retailers would be overly enthusiastic about stocking it as a standalone product.

I think this would get people carrying their blades with them more.

(Jan. 24, 2009  1:49 AM)Aqua_24 Wrote: But it would be so awesome if takara released a one-time limited edition (Dragoon, Dranzer, Draciel & Driger MFB).
Count on it happening.
Hasbro LOEV trademarks. (there was a time when they didn't give a rat's bum, but they learned the carp out of that lesson)

When I say they love trademarks, I mean it.
This is the company that released 5 transformers with the same name in the space of two years because:
1. They have to use the name at least once every 5 years or so, or they lose exclusive rights to it.
2. They like to re-use old trademarks rather than register new ones.

On top of that, they know that there are teenagers and kids [and to a lesser extent adults] out there that remember that stuff very fondly, and will recognise the brand based on those particular characters.

These are the people whom, when buying for younger siblings or their offspring, will remember that "dragoon is the one that beat everybody", or that "Driger is the cool kung-fu tiger one", and so on.
Hasbro would be retarded to the point of becoming objectively sub-human (NB: This is a joke, I am not a nazi) if they made no plans or effort to capitalise on that kind of character/brand recognition.

In fact, I am almost certain that L-Drago will be renamed to Dragoon when Hasbro releases it.

Aqua_24 Wrote:Yeah a magazine would be really cool. I actually suggested WBO making a beyblade magazine as one of the ways to raise money but people didn't really seem interesting my idea LOL

Unfortunately, making it a paid service/product puts an onus on the creators to deliver worthy content on a regular basis.
Since most people here have either school or a full-time job, it would be very difficult to ensure a constant output of high quality material.
That would also conflict with the interests of the wiki, since any magazine articles are likely to be duplicates of information from the Wiki, and surely we can't expect people to pay for things that should be put on the wiki as soon as they're written up.

get out
princecharming what the carp
tl;dr.
seems like a rant though.
Alot of that actually made sense
yes but the fact that he took the time to write something that serious about carp nobody ever expects to happen is really pathetic and annoying

also i can guarantee that everything he said about the old series, particularly renaming L Drago to Dragoon, is dead wrong
yeah L Dragoon lol
the reason is cause it's a horoscope series. Draco=Drago
Geez, Prince Charming, it's a topic about bladeing dreams. Theres not need to get all logical and spoil the fun. Unhappy

Anyways, I've got to the point where I have no problem walking around with my blade. I mean I don't because I don't really go out much unless I'm going out properly and then I don't need them but I would if I was just walking down the road to a match or something. Besides, it was a reality when we were younger so I don't see why it can't happen again. New beyblades, new kids, new obsessions.

As for the beyblade stadiums in community places, I think it'd be awesome to just have them pop out of everywhere. In a forest? Want a beyblade match? BOOM, stadiums appears. XD
like in the first series of ygo
Ya I totally forgot about that. They used to pop outa nowere XD Tongue_out