Blader's Kingdom Participant Feedback

Hello everyone 😎. I attended BK4 I believe and I loved it! I enjoy the format and think it’s extremely competitive and fun. We were in a library which was great because I’ve definitely learned that I prefer indoor venues. However, I understand the cost compared to outdoors so whatever is best for the organizer is legit.

But you have the gaming lounge now though so no worries.

I haven’t played your updated format but within your Google Doc there was a contradiction I saw. Within “Deck Structure” it says you can not mix Hasbro and TT parts with the exception of pro series, but in “Rules” it says you can mix Hasbro and TT parts without any specification. My bad in advance if someone mentioned this already or if I’m mistaken.

Overall I love Bladers Kingdom. I think Beyblade knowledge plays a big factor in these events. You may not be use to the stadium you play in but if you have the knowledge of your beys mechanics and an understanding of how slopes and ridges effect performance then you’re solid. It’s a great test of legitimate skill 😎
(Apr. 28, 2022  3:37 AM)StayCool Wrote: Hello everyone 😎. I attended BK4 I believe and I loved it! I enjoy the format and think it’s extremely competitive and fun. We were in a library which was great because I’ve definitely learned that I prefer indoor venues. However, I understand the cost compared to outdoors so whatever is best for the organizer is legit.

But you have the gaming lounge now though so no worries.

I haven’t played your updated format but within your Google Doc there was a contradiction I saw. Within “Deck Structure” it says you can not mix Hasbro and TT parts with the exception of pro series, but in “Rules” it says you can mix Hasbro and TT parts without any specification. My bad in advance if someone mentioned this already or if I’m mistaken.

Overall I love Bladers Kingdom. I think Beyblade knowledge plays a big factor in these events. You may not be use to the stadium you play in but if you have the knowledge of your beys mechanics and an understanding of how slopes and ridges effect performance then you’re solid. It’s a great test of legitimate skill 😎
I’ll have to change that line in the deck structure, I thought I got them all. Thank you!
I found this tournament to be the best I’ve been to! ( granted I’ve only been to bladders kingdom 6 and 7) but I liked the venue a lot I like the format the only thing that I noticed is the fact that there was a lot of time between matches for me and that it felt hard to find someone because it seemed everyone was battling at once.that being said I enjoyed tournament and the atmosphere and I really like the gaming loft rather than the restaurant.so in conclusion this was the best tournament I’ve been to and I think it’s may just be me that finds it difficult to find other people to battle with during the tournament due to the amount of people all battling at once.thanks Daniel
Someone left a jacket at The Loft, send me a PM of the brand and size if it’s yours.
(Apr. 26, 2022  12:59 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Good day folks,

I'd like to thank you all for attending one of my Blader's Kingdom Tournaments; I'd love your feedback about the format and even the venues you'd attended.

My goal is to create an extremely fun & fast paced tournament that ends in a highly competitive finals bracket.

So any and all feedback is very much appreciated.

Here are the rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CHia...soOeg/edit

Here is the current ranking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0...s/htmlview#

Event: Blader's Kingdom #8
Venue: Nightwing's Gaming Loft
Date: 5.29.2022
Finals: https://challonge.com/5m0ru7v4/standings
Participants: CrisisCrusher07geetster99, Friedpasta, DeceasedCrab, SPN_Z3R0, JCMakeEmBurst, Danileojar, Ronin429, Mr pokee, Allen Schaffer, LJ-Blader, maxrod, MamaBey2122, SPN_Z3R0, TimeOut, NathanDelta, KingDrago, ShawnUchiha, Emil Proper, SterlingOG, G Playz, Dshred122011, PrinceofCarrots, Shadow_Fox1E, WorldSpryzen, Kaiki, Dragreus111, Hansuke Maswi, ZoZo711, Monster2009, @Saberfay, Kazuto Kirigaya
I think the bounty system needs a little bit of work. Something needs to be done to encourage people to actually play againt them more. Maybe a video before the next Bladers Kingdom to try and hype it up a bit more? or maybe even a prize for winning the most coins from bounty players since we had a different type than the other players in the event. Something to have players be more inclinded to put more on the line would be nice it was a shame that nobody else got to have the huge high stake match at the end of the rounds like i think should happen more often. If players wanna get into the top 8 they need to be a bit more aggressive otherwise the same people are going to be in every time.
Like I said under crabs tournament report the whole bounty system was a very cool and creative idea but a warning in advance would’ve been helpful and maybe a better explanation to non bounty players it was pretty loud so practically no one understood that they should challenge us we were kinda just standing there for a while until we suddenly were dragged into a battle near the end (me at least) but overall it was a really enjoyable tournament I had fun and I’m sure others can say the same
For sure I’ll be changing the finals judging again, that took forever since we were only using 2 of the 6 stadiums I had available. Not doing that again.

(Apr. 27, 2022  11:56 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  11:38 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Yeah that's not happening. You have to either pay someone to do this sort of thing, which we're not gonna, or use those people invested enough in making Beyblade tournaments happen, who tend to be participants.

Yeah I know it's a far stretch to get but I definitely want to ask next time to see what'll happen.

Talked to CrisisCrusher07 and @geester99 last night and the idea of having the other finalist judge was explained in a way that'll resolve my issue with players judging. I originally didn't what that so someone couldn't try and maneuver their way to an easier opponent but the new plan is to have players from different brackets judge so it'll be harder for them to finesse the system since they're judging a match that won't directly affect their next match.

(Apr. 27, 2022  9:35 AM)diyagabrie Wrote: The first round was incredibly exciting and fast-paced! This is a minor point, but I'm wondering if having a suggested place for folks looking for their next competitor could be beneficial? There were a handful of times when it appeared like folks (including myself) weren't sure who was ready/who was a competitor vs. a spectator, and we all ended up standing and watching for a while. It's not a big deal, but it could help a little!drift boss

That's a solid idea, I used to give out wristbands to show who was a blader but stopped that some time ago. I'm thinking of getting armbands so you can tell from afar who is in the game.

Potential Rule Changes; I’d love your input.

Judges:
After much conversation and a good night’s sleep we’ll have the final top bracket judged by non-participating bladers first and if none are available we’ll have participating bladers from another bracket judge. We’ll use the bracket image below as an example; The first two duels are numbered 1 & 2 and we’ll simply have bladers from duels 3 & 4 judge those battles. Then we’ll continue the entire winner’s bracket first and once that’s concluded we’ll start the loser’s bracket and have eliminated bladers assist in judging for the remaining duels.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-04-27-at-8-35-11-AM.png]
https://postimg.cc/7GhD51m9

Self KO:
For this I have thought about reducing the Self-KO number from two to one but I’m not sure because I think this works fine, just some folks aren;t really enforcing the part about “a reasonable amount of time without making contact”. This is how the rule is currently written:
  • Each blader is allowed two (2) no contact ring outs, per duel, that occur in the initial few seconds of a battle. If the blades have been inside the stadium for a reasonable amount of time without making contact and one blade exits the stadium spontaneously that is considered a ring out finish for the opposing blader. After the usage of their two no contact ring outs any additional ones will count as one (1) point for their opponent. 
Play Area:
For this I want quick wall bounces to be allowed and the battle continues but any time spent inside of the pocket / trap is considered a KO. That way in the Hasbro & Really Large TT Stadium, any slight “kiss” of the pocket isn’t considered a KO. That’s a difficult one to word I believe so your help would be lovely here.

Spinning:
For this I’m going to go with the WBBA ruling for spinning of the last blade to do ANYTHING is the winner. That should save a lot of cell phone storage and time on watching replays. I believe it’ll make it easier for the naked eye as well.

Draws:
We currently have it set to three ties in a row and each blader gets a point. For the sake of speed and fairness, I like the rule being two ties in a row and moving to the next blade without any points awarded. I originally wanted to have the open rounds still have a point awarded but I don’t want anyone “forcing” a tie just to win the match so we’ll give this a try.

Not Engaged In A Duel:
I’ll be getting some armbands / headbands made so each participating blader will have a much larger identifier so it’ll be easier to see who is still in the game and ready to blade.

Blader’s Kingdom #8 / Invitationals:
My original plan for the Invitational was to have an open round still available for folks to have one last chance to qualify for the big show. We’re going to make BK8 and all BKs just before the Invitationals the last qualifying chance to get an invite. The invitational will be 100% invitation only. For the qualifier the plan is to have all top 3 finishers (there are 12 people that have finished top 3 but depending on the turnout we may reduce the number) as bounty hunters, let me explain.

Bounty Hunters will adhere to the following rules:
  1. They’ll wear a different color identifying band.
  2. They’ll be given 2.5x more coins than everyone else.
  3. They must always double the wager their opponent makes (ex. Opponent wagers two coins then the hunter must wager four coins).
  4. The hunter can not choose the stadium and is at their opponents’ will.
  5. The hunter can not make challenges to anyone and must accept all challenges, even if the opponent has previously beaten them. An opponent cannot immediately rechallenge a hunter they defeated, they must have a duel between their challenges of the same hunter. They may choose to just challenge another hunter and essentially bounce between the two.
  6. Hunters are still competing for a spot in the top 8 but they are at a massive disadvantage.
It’s in the best interest for folks to challenge the hunters because they will still have a massive coin total compared to the rest of the crowd and leaving them unchallenged can lead to the top 8 being locked out.

Cheating:
Some folks don’t follow this rule, “Each blader will align their blades in a vertical column alongside their right side of the stadium in order from first to fifth with their first blade being closest to them and their fifth blade being closest to their opponent.“
We’ve had very clear evidence of people switching their order during the battle to try and get an advantage over their opponent AND people waiting a moment after their opponent has declared their order to declare theirs. I have boxes available for folks to use but I sometimes forget to mention it during registration. I’ll be working to get some custom deck boxes made that will be slotted and numbered so this is no longer an issue.

The bounty rule was mentioned here after the last tournament to gather any feedback about the concept. Didn’t see any kickback on it but after it’s implementation I still think it’s dope, just requires more risk taking bladers. I have a feeling come the next qualifier more folks will be up for the challenge.
Also, everyone has a $5 off coupon code for Mall Of Toys. The code "k1ngd0mzxc" expires June 30th and is only available within their mobile app.
Hello lads I'm here to ask about the invitaitonals and how it's gonna work and when its gonna be
(Jun. 02, 2022  2:11 AM)Mr pokee Wrote: Hello lads I'm here to ask about the invitaitonals and how it's gonna work and when its gonna be

It’ll be June 26th. It’ll likely be ran as a standard style tournament bracket with a double elem top cut.
I'm gonna give it my all
Idk if there's anything you can do about this but there was like a 6 year old kid who was incredibly snobby and rude. I was battling him in the tournament and when I beat him with a spin finish he refused to admit that he lost and got really upset. Both me and SPN_Z3RO witnessed this and so did his mom but she didn't do anything. And yes the battle was obvious where I won. I figured to just let it slide because he was like 5 and also there weren't any judges, or any that were available that I could see. Again, Idk if you can do anything about since I don't have a name but I figured I should bring it up. He also did touch my beys without my permission a lot.
(Jun. 04, 2022  8:13 AM)NathanDelta Wrote: Idk if there's anything you can do about this but there was like a 6 year old kid who was incredibly snobby and rude. I was battling him in the tournament and when I beat him with a spin finish he refused to admit that he lost and got really upset. Both me and SPN_Z3RO witnessed this and so did his mom but she didn't do anything. And yes the battle was obvious where I won. I figured to just let it slide because he was like 5 and also there weren't any judges, or any that were available that I could see. Again, Idk if you can do anything about since I don't have a name but I figured I should bring it up. He also did touch my beys without my permission a lot.

For any issue like that you would have the Game Commissioner, my wife, come over and make a judgement call.
(Apr. 27, 2022  4:06 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Side note: Garishi and Friedpasta have runner up invites to the invitationals. Don’t let me forget to give them to you.

I forgot to ask you about this
(Jun. 05, 2022  6:49 AM)Garishi Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2022  4:06 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Side note: Garishi and Friedpasta have runner up invites to the invitationals. Don’t let me forget to give them to you.

I forgot to ask you about this

I’ll bring them with me today if you’re coming to GT. If not just come to the invitationals and remind me lol.
Dont forget about me
(Jun. 06, 2022  12:57 AM)Mr pokee Wrote: Dont forget about me

(Jun. 06, 2022  1:23 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2022  12:57 AM)Mr pokee Wrote: Dont forget about me

https://youtu.be/-tJYN-eG1zk
First, I would like to thank you all for coming to the Nightwing Invitationals, the final tournament of the first season. It was a pleasure having the chance to take you all on for the title of 'CHAMPION'!

We will be taking a month or so off from Beyblade tournament hosting to refine the rules and allow folks to reset. Please, in the meantime, take a look over the current rules (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CHia...sp=sharing) and make any suggestions below you believe would be beneficial. Please state the current rule, what you don't like about it, what you think it should say, and why you think that.

Just for clarification, we are not 'burnt out' from the frequency of events we've been hosting over the past 9 months, it's more so the negative energy that's been making it's way into our space that has us taking a pause. The amount of fun is being overshadowed by a cloud of bad vibes and complaints over rules. We personally enjoy just playing the game and having fun but that doesn't seem to be the overall goal of everyone there and it's bringing things down. So please, do look over the rules and make your suggestions below. Thank you all again.

sebacho
geetster99
DeceasedCrab
Witherd57
Allen Schaffer
Mr pokee
ZestyPhresh
JCMakeEmBurst
The Supreme One
SPN_Z3R0
PrinceofCarrots
MamaBey2122
LJ-Blader
Dragreus111
Kirito1696
Godly_Requiem"
Sniper
CrisisCrusher07
Garishi
maxrod
Brynessa
Yami
(Jun. 27, 2022  7:26 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: First, I would like to thank you all for coming to the Nightwing Invitationals, the final tournament of the first season. It was a pleasure having the chance to take you all on for the title of 'CHAMPION'!

We will be taking a month or so off from Beyblade tournament hosting to refine the rules and allow folks to reset. Please, in the meantime, take a look over the current rules (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CHia...sp=sharing) and make any suggestions below you believe would be beneficial. Please state the current rule, what you don't like about it, what you think it should say, and why you think that.

Just for clarification, we are not 'burnt out' from the frequency of events we've been hosting over the past 9 months, it's more so the negative energy that's been making it's way into our space that has us taking a pause. The amount of fun is being overshadowed by a cloud of bad vibes and complaints over rules. We personally enjoy just playing the game and having fun but that doesn't seem to be the overall goal of everyone there and it's bringing things down. So please, do look over the rules and make your suggestions below. Thank you all again.

sebacho
geetster99
DeceasedCrab
Witherd57
Allen Schaffer
Mr pokee
ZestyPhresh
JCMakeEmBurst
The Supreme One
SPN_Z3R0
PrinceofCarrots
MamaBey2122
LJ-Blader
Dragreus111
Kirito1696
Godly_Requiem"
Sniper
CrisisCrusher07
Garishi
maxrod
Brynessa
Yami
The only suggestion I have so far is to utilize B-09 or the standard stadium.
(Jun. 27, 2022  7:26 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: First, I would like to thank you all for coming to the Nightwing Invitationals, the final tournament of the first season. It was a pleasure having the chance to take you all on for the title of 'CHAMPION'!

sebacho
geetster99
DeceasedCrab
Witherd57
Allen Schaffer
Mr pokee
ZestyPhresh
JCMakeEmBurst
The Supreme One
SPN_Z3R0
PrinceofCarrots
MamaBey2122
LJ-Blader
Dragreus111
Kirito1696
Godly_Requiem"
Sniper
CrisisCrusher07
Garishi
maxrod
Brynessa
Yami
I think the rules are as good.as they are even tho you didn't win you are the champion in my book
We had an absolute blast coming up and getting to be a part of this. It was a really good event and I hope some time in the future I'll be able to make it to another one.

The loft was an awesome space (I know you're looking into A/C which was our only issue)

Having snacks and drinks to buy was great and helped alot. I'm used to outdoor tournaments so this was really good. The prices were great and you weren't overcharging or anything.

The Swiss was a bit slow to manage with the hosts being in the event as well. The only real solutions would be to have a staff member that manages the score, or to have an interface blader's can interact with after their match to record score and call out the next battle. Overall this is only a minor issue, the event didn't take TOO long and some of the downtime was appreciated.

Events that I host are usually much more of a for fun, kid friendly, enjoying beyblade event. This one was very interesting to be a competitive more serious environment, but that also took quite a bit of the fun out of it, so I totally understand your month hiatus.

I personally hate the slow motion frame by frame analysis trying to get a point. It grounded several matches, (both mine and for several other players) to a halt and caused several psychological changes. Some players got mad, and others tried to bully points out of their competition. I don't really know of a solution (other than to say if you call for footage review challenge and are incorrect you lose a point, to discourage unnecessary reviews) as this is where current competitive Beyblade is at, and the kinds of victories top tier blader's are pushing for. There was definitely a divide between players that would openly say "Oh I couldn't tell, that looks like a tie." And those that would immediately grab the camera and call a friend over to review. I had a few matches stop and wait a few minutes for someone to come review and verify an insurmountable amount of movement. This then soured the rest of the match. When helping judge the bracket this happened as well with players challenging calls made by judges.

This event might have been just a bit too much merging of WBO competitive and Blader's Kingdom unranked. A lot of grumbling about the stadiums, and a bit of sore sportsmanship after loses made the event a bit less fun than I was hoping for.

Of course none of this so far had been rules related really, just my feelings of the event. As for rules:

Calling a mode change/spin direction change should count as the use of the change, even if the Blader decides not to make a change. This tactic was used in a un-fun way, and calling the mode change and not changing anything already grants a psychological advantage.

I personally don't like the mixing of Hasbro and Takara layers/drivers. Though I can see this opening up access to the 5 unique Beys for those with less parts, it can also be abused by those that know combination that give an unnatural advantage.

That's all for feedback I can think of right now.
A quick word of advice for the future - when you attend a tournament in another region for the first time and you're confused about why players are doing something you aren't accustomed to, it's alway helpful to ask them directly rather than jumping to the conclusion that they're using shady tactics.

Your assumption that players who say mode change and turns their backs are using the ruling in an "un-fun" way to give themselves a "psychological advantage" is, in fact, the exact opposite. I know you weren't aware of this specific ruling, but the reason we turn our backs is to make the mode selection process more fair, rather than less. Imagine if instead I asked you if you were going to mode change, then decided whether or not to change my mode based on your response.

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, as others have summed up my thoughts more succinctly, but I felt the need to respond to this comment in particular. No hard feelings ZestyPhresh - I'm sure someday you'll be in a situation where you have to explain the rules less-experienced bladers and I don't think you would appreciate them jumping to unfair conclusions about you either :)
(Jun. 29, 2022  12:57 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: A quick word of advice for the future - when you attend a tournament in another region for the first time and you're confused about why players are doing something you aren't accustomed to, it's alway helpful to ask them directly rather than jumping to the conclusion that they're using shady tactics.

Your assumption that players who say mode change and turns their backs are using the ruling in an "un-fun" way to give themselves a "psychological advantage" is, in fact, the exact opposite. I know you weren't aware of this specific ruling, but the reason we turn our backs is to make the mode selection process more fair, rather than less. Imagine if instead I asked you if you were going to mode change, then decided whether or not to change my mode based on your response.

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, as others have summed up my thoughts more succinctly, but I felt the need to respond to this comment in particular. No hard feelings ZestyPhresh - I'm sure someday you'll be in a situation where you have to explain the rules less-experienced bladers and I don't think you would appreciate them jumping to unfair conclusions about you either Smile

We had gone over this rule with Nighthwing beforehand and it wasn't that it was confusing; totally fair to turn backs so you can't see what the other person is doing. But calling a mode-change, and then deciding not to mode-change, still takes up the time and should count as the one mode change per shuffle.