Big Community Announcements + HMS Face Contest Winners!

Hey World Bladers!

August has already been a pretty busy month for us, but we thought we’d try to cram a few more announcements in before September arrives. :')

Let’s jump straight into it!

The WBO team keeps growing!

I’m happy to announce that @[LMAO] is now a member of the WBO Committee. LMAO has already proven himself to be a prolific community organizer, and his commitment to the WBO is self-evident. He’ll be helping us develop our future plans, with a focus on making WBO Organized Play a better experience for all World Bladers. This is particularly important as Beyblade Burst continues to bring more players — both newbies and veterans — into the WBO community.

And to help us find those new players, @[Mitsu] will be taking over our social media accounts going forward, in addition to becoming a Global Moderator here on the website. His charisma, eloquence and extreme level of community dedication made him the clear pick for this role, and I look forward to seeing how awesome we’ll look on Facebook, Twitter, and new social platforms going forward.

For those of you thinking that the Committee seems awfully Toronto and Canada-centric: we agree. Please look forward to future announcements. Smile

Universal Rules update — now with Beyblade Burst

While @[Kei] announced updated rules for Beyblade Burst a few weeks ago, we’ve gone ahead and added them to the Universal Rules booklet!

Burst Format will get its own dedicated rulebook soon. In the meantime, please use the Universal Rules booklet at Burst Format events.

Design an HMS Beyblade Face Contest Winners

A big thank you to everyone who submitted their HMS designs for this month’s Face Contest! HMS has a soft spot in the hearts of everyone who played Beyblade during the first generation, so it was amazing to see how many people who picked up playing during Metal Fight were able to capture the spirit of the system.

When it was all said and done, there were two entries we loved above all else:

@[J.I.N.B.E.E!]’s Recozer MS (Metal Scythe)

@[~Stoney~]’s Night Emperor MS (Metal Shuriken)

Big congrats to you two! This’ll be the first Face Booster either of you receives, so choose wisely and let us know with a reply to this post:

Rethinking what Advanced means

When I initially created the Advanced Forum on Off the Chain — an idea that was inevitably carried forward to the WBO — it was due to the fact that the community was so overrun by newbies that high-level players were struggling to have any kind of meaningful conversation with each other.

The world of Beyblade has changed a lot since then. The average level of player knowledge is much higher, and the community is currently at a point where things are a bit quiet. We look at Beyblade General and the Customizations section and see the best-quality content that the Beyblade world has ever seen.

But we still think there’s value in recognizing Bladers who contribute significantly to competitive research and wield an immense amount of Beyblade knowledge. So moving forward, there will be no Advanced Bladers. There will only be Mentors.

We hope this makes it clear what our expectations from Mentors in the community are: to be a force for education within the community, and to assist new players in mastering everything from the basics of type-countering to the most advanced shooting techniques and gameplay concepts.

We’ve also renamed the Advanced Forum to Mentor’s Circle. We believe keeping this forum is important, because it allows us as an organization to do metagame research that a completely open forum would disrupt. That said, we also think there’s a ton of great content in there that maybe isn’t being seen by everyone — check it out if you haven’t, but we’ll look into finding ways of shining a light on the great learnings in the Mentor’s Circle.

Some of you will be receiving Mentor invitations soon — and yes, you’ll still get your Amethyst Face. Smile

See you at ZANKYE 100K

ZANKYE 100K looks like it's going to be one of our most epic events ever, and it's all thanks to the generosity of @[originalzankye], who's bringing a ton of Bey and, at least as importantly, pizza!

With Zankye set to reach 100,000 subscribers on Youtube, along with the revival of Beyblade and all the awesome stuff happening at the WBO, I think we all have a lot to celebrate about. I'll be there, as will Kei, LMAO, and Mitsu, and the world-class Toronto Beyblade community! Make sure you are, too!

That’s it for August! What a crazy month. Hope you all appreciated the update, and feel free to let us know what you think — and any ideas or suggestions you might have relating to these announcements — in the comments!

P.S. You might have noticed some downtime earlier. Sorry about that — just some routine web maintenance! We'll go down again for a bit later tonight, but know that everything's going to be fine. We'll get through this, together.
Congrats guys. Matso Fatso your still a scrub lol. So happy for you guys.
He can warn you for that, you know.
Congratulations to our new WBO staff members! I'm looking forward to see you guys bring about positive changes to the community.
OH MY GOODNESS! I won? That's awesome!

So do I choose a face? I guess I'll have red please.
It's still shocking to me that I got this news. I never expected this! at all. I went from a 10-year-old asking how to get my name on the confirmed list at a tournament to well ... this!

Thank you so much to the committee! Huge congrats to LMAO as well; your hard work definitely paid off! I'm looking forward to be making posts on Facebook, Twitter and then bossing you all around. Wink
(Aug. 28, 2015  1:06 AM)Mitsu Wrote: It's still shocking to me that I got this news. I never expected this! at all. I went from a 10-year-old asking how to get my name on the confirmed list at a tournament to well ... this!

Thank you so much to the committee! Huge congrats to LMAO as well; your hard work definitely paid off! I'm looking forward to be making posts on Facebook, Twitter and then bossing you all around. Wink

Dude, you are crazy smart. We would normally never consider bringing someone your age onto staff I think, but we're all super impressed by you. Looking forward to working together!
(Aug. 28, 2015  1:06 AM)Mitsu Wrote: It's still shocking to me that I got this news. I never expected this! at all. I went from a 10-year-old asking how to get my name on the confirmed list at a tournament to well ... this!

I think the blue looks really nice on you! Well done!
Wait... What if... different parts of the world had different sets of moderators? Like in Toronto, there strongholds most moderators; we can call them the Toronto team. How about: select users in different strong-areas eg: east coast moderators (strongholds in the NYC, Maryland, and North Carolina regions) Canadian moderators (Such as Toronto, Quebec, etc.), UK moderators, and so forth. Solves the problem!

This can also be a local recruitment system. Mitsu is like an online recruitment person, Different moderators from different parts of the world can go and share the idea of beyblade to their local region. The chances of a recruitment based moderator sharing the idea to others is a better way of recruitment, since it is a way of showing how dedicated we are to the beyblade world.

Grouped moderators can also be a good way to know our members better, and can gain more trust in our members. Then, moderators can talk of how the state of beyblade is doing, and not assuming.

((WHY am I suggesting this? I grew up in an industrial conservative house, involved with A TON of political ideas and views, so I have an idea of order))
I don't think this site is really lacking moderators. :') We're not looking for moderators. We're looking for super-smart Beyblade fans that are charismatic about the game and the community.

LMAO and Mitsu have made the Beyblade community a better place, both online and in their local communities.
I think |)ragon could have been like Mitsu and LMAO if he was still here.

EDIT: For some reason I never actually saw LMAO's till now, sorry haha, congrats to LMAO!
(Aug. 28, 2015  1:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think this site is really lacking moderators. :') We're not looking for moderators. We're looking for super-smart Beyblade fans that are charismatic about the game and the community.

LMAO and Mitsu have made the Beyblade community a better place, both online and in their local communities.

I agree. we don't lack moderators. I mean like advanced members that can go around and get things. Sometimes, beybladers have awkward combos that seem to be bogus when talked about on-line, but when seen in person, we can have an idea of the kind-of beyblader each person is. Everyone is equally smart, but in different ways.

I'll admit, If beybladers were houses, i'd be stranded. I have my own little realm of knowledge on parts, (going back about a year when I said "Duo DGrin was good" I really didn't have anyone else to go against, other than myself. If there were other beybladers in my region, then I would have some more knowledge on styles and such, but I only rely on my own beyblade knowledge and wits to create my combos. Not saying you guys don't help (you really do), but I wanted to share of how this could work. BTW, I'm going into HS, and I think everyone would laugh at me saying "you STILL play with those things?" . It happened in middle school, so I won't really ask.
This came as a huge shock to me, I'm sure a lot of you are shocked as well!

First off, thank you to the people who sent kind PM's of congratulating me, it means a lot! I really hope to do well for the community both on and off the forums. I hope everyone will stay along for the ride, there are some big things coming! Congratulations to Mitsu as well, who's worked so hard for this, make sure to congratulate him as well!

I hope to make the rest of the committee proud, as well as you guys Smile
OMG we have a new mod on team osu! It's EZNF! This is super awesome!

Stupid Osu! jokes aside, congratulations to LMAO for becoming committee, and congratulations to Mitsu for becoming a global moderator!

Also congratulations to the winners of the HMS Design contest! I gave up on my drawing and never entered lol...

Lastly once again thank you zankye for doing such an awesome tournament for the Toronto community! I am super excited for that!
Congratulations HMS Design Contest winners (aka @[J.I.N.B.E.E!] and @[~Stoney~])!

I would also like to congratulate @[LMAO] AND @[Mitsu] for advancing, I wish you two the best of luck.
Congrats to the new staff members. From the time I have spent here I can definitely say that you guys deserve it. Excited to see the improvements that will be made with this bigger staff! And can't wait until Hasbro drops Burst and popularity really gets going again in North America! So exciting! WBO will bigger than ever!!! And hopefully I can get enough interest to host some tournaments in Maine/New England : )
I don't see newer staff member being a thing until forum activity really starts to pick up. Even then, the forum team is already very self sufficient
Btw, I'll also try to brew up some interest in beyblade in the Westchester region.
@[Mitsu], you used to be a scrub, but now you are a scrub with a blue name tag and the ability to ban me for this post.

Unsmith

But enough of me being silly;
Extremely happy for you, @[LMAO] and @[Mitsu]! This was really unexpected, but well deserved. Smile with great power comes great responsiblity so don't ban me plz
(Aug. 28, 2015  1:29 AM)Shirayuki Wrote: I don't see newer staff member being a thing until forum activity really starts to pick up. Even then, the forum team is already very self sufficient

We'll be bringing on more people, but we're interested in them for what they can bring to the team and help us develop and execute on new ideas. Not necessarily patrolling the forums, which is probably the smallest part of what WBO team members do. Everything you've ever seen on the site has been deliberated over thousands of posts.

(Aug. 28, 2015  1:29 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: Btw, I'll also try to brew up some interest in beyblade in the Westchester region.

Thank you!
Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry to the Design an HMS Beyblade Face Contest! It was really cool looking through all of your entries and pretending that HMS hadn't tragically been cut short ;__;

(Aug. 28, 2015  12:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: He can warn you for that, you know.

Iceburn

You deserve it! As Brad mentioned, we're looking for people who are charismatic about both the game, and the community; if anyone fits that description, it's you! In addition to helping with moderation, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can help us accomplish through our social media channels! It's great to have someone who can be dedicated to that now and I think it will help us to reach and engage an even wider range of people to the site.

(Aug. 28, 2015  1:20 AM)LMAO Wrote: This came as a huge shock to me, I'm sure a lot of you are shocked as well!

First off, thank you to the people who sent kind PM's of congratulating me, it means a lot! I really hope to do well for the community both on and off the forums. I hope everyone will stay along for the ride, there are some big things coming! Congratulations to Mitsu as well, who's worked so hard for this, make sure to congratulate him as well!

I hope to make the rest of the committee proud, as well as you guys Smile

Welcome to the team Lightning Meteo Assault Omega! Looking forward to working with you. Smile
Wow, huge congratulations to @[LMAO] and @[Mitsu]! You guys definitely deserve it!

(Aug. 28, 2015  1:24 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: OMG we have a new mod on team osu! It's EZNF! This is super awesome!

... b-bb-but less pp! Unhappy

Also congratulations to @[J.I.N.B.E.E!] and @[~Stoney~] for winning the HMS face contest! Great job!
I almost forgot!

Congrats to @[J.I.N.B.E.E!] and @[~Stoney~]!

Thanks for the reminder Pyrus.
Like the idea of a Mentor Circle, so it doesn't set anyone higher than another. Great to see.

Also, super super congrats to my BeyBro LMAO. First friend I made on this site back in 2012-2013 and now my teammate. Can't express more happiness for LMAO, he truly deserves it.
Glad to see two of the Beyblade community's finest being promoted to such lofty positions. Thanks you guys, for your hard work and dedication to not only your local Blading community, but to the online and global Blading communities as well!

Congrats also to Jinbee and Stoney for winning the HMS design contest. My only wish is that the series could have continued with your designs, ha. *sheds tear*

Also, pretty glad to see that change in title, from Advanced to Mentor. Since I began hosting again last December, all I've really felt like I've been doing is teaching, ha ha. "Advanced Member" always sounded really elitist to me, so I'll personally be much happier to call myself a Mentor at tournaments than I ever was calling myself an "Advanced Member."