Bicentennial Bey Tourney 2009- 3/14/09

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Date: March 14th, 2009 (Raindate: March 15th, 2009)
Time: 1:00 pm until sun down
Cost: Free
Location: Bicentennial Park- 176 Hardenburg Ln,East Brunswick,NJ 08816
Format: Plastics (bring hms and mfb if you like)(Going by the restricted format list)
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE BE THERE BY 1:00 SO WE CAN HAVE 45 MINUTES TO TRAIN AND START THE TOURNEY AT 1:45! I WOULD LIKE US TO HAVE MORE TOURNEY BATTLE TIME AND FREE BATTLES AFTERWARDS FOR BEYPOINTS.

Style: Round Robin/ Double Elimination
Stadiums used:
MFB Attack
MFB Balance Stadium(maybe)
MFB Stamina Stadium(maybe)
Tornado Balance
and any others some may choose to bring..TAKARA ONLY PLEASE!
NOTE: IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL BEYBLADERS THAT WILL FREE BATTLE OR JUST PLAY HERE TO PRINT OUT A LOG SHEET!!! IT WILL BE EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR BATTLES. LOG CAN BE FOUND AND PRINTED BY USING THIS LINK:
http://worldbeyblade.org/wbotournamentrecord.pdf

Attendance List:
Bluezee
Pinoy Blader
Maz
EvilMeros187
BladeBee
EvilMeros187's Friend(maybe)
Anubis(maybe)
Ozzy(maybe)
Karice(maybe)
blackdranzer(maybe)
Strata(maybe)
Khomari(maybe)
Soloman(maybe)

Please be sure to contact me or Pinoy in advance if you know you wont be able to make it. Deadline for attendance is soon so please get with the program. Thank you.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Cause they got a seconds chance in block c while the other two already made their place without previously losing a block.
(Mar. 03, 2009  3:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
WBO Rules Wrote:The official tournament format of the WBO is the Modified Round Robin System. In this system, every Blader BeyBattles every other Blader once.

WBO Rules Wrote:Official WBO BeyBattles are held in the 3V System. Every instance of the word BeyBattle in the WBO rulebook is considered a 3V BeyBattle.

You need to win three times to win a BeyBattle. A single-round BeyBattle is ridiculous and we've never even discussed the option of that.

OK, fine, Brad. I was wrong. He's using the usual Round Robin System.

Either way, my point is the same. This system, if implemented, is really time-consuming, and would work better if some form of single-battle format was developed to be used here.

EDIT: BlackDranzer, you do realize that you're saying that the ones who already progressed on to the Finals should have to battle in order to stay in the Finals, correct? They won in their original blocks, they shouldn't have to win again. This is how it usually works.
It's not that time consuming. Most Beyblade rounds take under a minute, and you can have more than one going at one time.
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's not that time consuming. Most Beyblade rounds take under a minute, and you can have more than one going at one time.

81+ Battles, not counting the Championship Block. If not time consuming, I see this being tedious when it doesn't need to be.
Any idea on how to shorten it?
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:10 AM)Grey Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's not that time consuming. Most Beyblade rounds take under a minute, and you can have more than one going at one time.

81+ Battles, not counting the Championship Block. If not time consuming, I see this being tedious when it doesn't need to be.

I don't see it being tedious for anyone who likes to play Beyblade?
I would say this plan is in its preliminary stages so if this cant be used then we can go with the original round robin block system. We have all this week and just about next week so it can be changed if needed.
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:10 AM)Grey Wrote:

I don't see it being tedious for anyone who likes to play Beyblade?
I agree. I think it also think its fun to see the bladers progress.
Also, please, stop classifying a single round as a Bey Battle. It is not the same thing ...
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:13 AM)Bluezee Wrote: I would say this plan is in its preliminary stages so if this cant be used then we can go with the original round robin block system. We have all this week and just about next week so it can be changed if needed.

I figure this tourney would be a great place to try this out. Then all of us who participate can comment on how we liked it.

Anyone think that the system deserves its own topic. I feel like this topic is getting crowded with talk about this when it should not be. Also a lot of people who don't live in the tri-state area might not be looking in this thread and chiming in.
man this tourney will be fun
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:11 AM)Maz Wrote: Any idea on how to shorten it?

You could divide the original two Blocks up, but that may screw up the entire system...or, see about developing a single-battle Round Robin system.

I don't know how well this would work, since the battles could be based on pure luck, but if the Round Robin Block is big enough (with, say, eight people), the amount of chances you have to win versus the possibility of luck losing you a battle may even if out. In other words, in a Round Robin Block of 8 people, losing a battle due to bad luck may not hurt you as badly as if the Block was only of, say, 4 people. Do you get what I'm saying? Uncertain
Nah nevermind that's not what I was trying to say. Forget it.
To Gray: Thats why block C is there....
We will never, ever support single-round Bey Battles. Period.
thats good single round beyblade sounds cheap
The next release of the Rules Booklet will read this. Hopefully this is simple enough.

BeyBattle Format

All WBO BeyBattles are to be held in this format.

BeyBattles are divided into rounds. To win a BeyBattle, the Blader must win three individual rounds.

Conditions for winning a single round:
Out-spinning the opposing Beyblade.
The opposing Beyblade exiting BeyStadium.

In the case of a draw, neither Blader is awarded a victory for that round.

The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating ends the BeyBattle and affords you a automatic win for the BeyBattle. (Knocking the Bit Chip off of a Plastic Beyblade does not constitute separation.)
(Mar. 03, 2009  3:04 AM)Bluezee Wrote: I also like this system even more now that it has thoroughly been explained. This will definitely be taken into consideration when planning the tourney format this week.

Maz I really like your idea. We can def test it out and use this format at the tournament, if Bluezee agrees. I just got to make sure I understand everything about it.
Do I not have a say in this? Tongue_out
(Mar. 03, 2009  4:26 AM)Maz Wrote: To Grey: Thats why block C is there....

What? Why is Block C there? I don't understand what you mean.
What do you think brad?
Well to be back on the tourney topic, I would say I hope for this to be one great tourney that will give bladers plenty of points and practice for the one going on for spring break. That one should be bigger.There are gonna be like 4-5 stadiums there(Maz's, Anubis', Pinoy's, and mine) so plenty of ranked battles can be going on between rounds for people who arent playing at the moment.
Continue development on the concept as you'd like, I'll give it some thought over the next day or two.
Will do, thanks for the help and input Brad.
Quote:You could divide the original two Blocks up, but that may screw up the entire system...or, see about developing a single-battle Round Robin system.

I don't know how well this would work, since the battles could be based on pure luck, but if the Round Robin Block is big enough (with, say, eight people), the amount of chances you have to win versus the possibility of luck losing you a battle may even if out. In other words, in a Round Robin Block of 8 people, losing a battle due to bad luck may not hurt you as badly as if the Block was only of, say, 4 people. Do you get what I'm saying? Uncertain

While i disagrees with this block C gives you another chance if you lose because of a bad launch or something[/b]

Well im going to bed. Everyone continue discussing this. Ill read what everyone has to say tomorrow.