Beyblades-the new official game at my school

(Jan. 22, 2009  6:05 PM)Giga Wrote: I could say Yu-Gi-Oh! is for kids - it is.

A child playing a children's card game is a ridiculous thought!
But, tbh, I think ygo is a bit hard for it's age target.
(Jan. 24, 2009  2:31 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2009  6:05 PM)Giga Wrote: I could say Yu-Gi-Oh! is for kids - it is.

A child playing a children's card game is a ridiculous thought!
But, tbh, I think ygo is a bit hard for it's age target.

I agree, when I was totally addicted to Yu-Gi-Oh and I read a review that said that Yu-Gi-Oh the TCG was a little to complicated for younger kids.

And congratulations at getting your school into it!! I'm also curious how old you are. If I go to a public school next year, I'll get some MFB and try to get my school into it.
It is. Most people at 6-10 just make it up like the first series.
And some of the cards effects are complicated, I dueled with some kids deck while at a Hobby League since I had already finished my duel and his cards effects were really complicated.
I think one of the draws of Beyblade is that it's instantly enjoyable on a fairly shallow level for children, but there's way to expand the depth to keep more advanced players interested.
That's seriously cool of your head teacher, my head instandly banned all things such as beyblade, pokemon cards, yugioh etc.
Tired how mean was he...
my primary teacher for my first school was cool with it and let us play inside during lunch Smile
If anything went wrong at my second then it was banned straight away.
beyblades took off as soon as i left elementary school Crying

dating a girl in high school and playing beyblade was often awkward
Girl : Hey you want to go the pictures tonight
Brad: Er sorry no, I'v got to play beyblade tonight.

Conversations must have been awkward. Anyway I feel sorry 4 u
(Jan. 24, 2009  8:37 PM)Giga Wrote: Girl : Hey you want to go the pictures tonight
Brad: Er sorry no, I'v got to play beyblade tonight.

Conversations must have been awkward. Anyway I feel sorry 4 u

i'm not that much of a loser

i actually don't play beyblade that often
You just own an website dedicated to a sport aimed at 8-15 year olds...
lol j/k btw
(Jan. 24, 2009  8:27 PM)neek_alert Wrote: That's seriously cool of your head teacher, my head instandly banned all things such as beyblade, pokemon cards, yugioh etc.
Tired how mean was he...

Same here! When I was in first grade, I brought a Gengar toy to school for show and tell and I remember one of my FRIENDS telling me off for bring a Pokemon toy to school...and then in 4th grade when I hung out with the guys who played Yu-Gi-Oh, we always had to sneak cards into school.
I never was very good at Yu-Gi-Oh XD I just liked playing for fun.
Beyblade never was popular where in my school...
We had to sneak our beyblades and cards into school as well. I remember, we battled/traded at recess on the kindergarden playground cuz there were never any teachers over there, lol. But at my school, Beyblade was extremely popular, up until 5th grade.
Yeah!! I hope that with the coming of MFB next year, Beyblade will be back and just as popular as it was back then, or, preferably even more popular! I would love to see it rank as the #1 game.
My primary school would never have let us do anything like that. They cracked down on not letting us have them at school and the instant they saw them they'd be confiscated. I remember the day when the head announced in assembly that they were banned meanwhile I was clutching my dranzer s in my pocket.
Yeah some thing like that is similar 2 My skool. That suks You Know.
(Jan. 25, 2009  1:27 AM)NeoBlader Wrote: My primary school would never have let us do anything like that. They cracked down on not letting us have them at school and the instant they saw them they'd be confiscated. I remember the day when the head announced in assembly that they were banned meanwhile I was clutching my dranzer s in my pocket.

Aw thats sad :sob:
My school is full of too much thugs. If I asked my head to make an after school club everyone would laugh.
All the kids think there mature saying 'Beyblades are for ****suckers when they are actually babies themselves Chocked_2.
It's impossible too make my school do this, congrats mate! Grin
Plus all of them can't even afford PC's. They live in Council Flats (No Offense)
in my old school there was a teacher who watched us at recess and she had a son who used to like beyblade and had a staduim so she brought the staduim in every friday so me and my friends could use it she said it teaches you sportsmanship i was 6 at the time

i miss those days
(Jan. 25, 2009  9:19 PM)blader9 Wrote: in my old school there was a teacher who watched us at recess and she had a son who used to like beyblade and had a staduim so she brought the staduim in every friday so me and my friends could use it she said it teaches you sportsmanship i was 6 at the time

i miss those days

Unsmith
(Jan. 25, 2009  9:19 PM)blader9 Wrote: in my old school there was a teacher who watched us at recess and she had a son who used to like beyblade and had a staduim so she brought the staduim in every friday so me and my friends could use it she said it teaches you sportsmanship i was 6 at the time

i miss those days

I wish that back then I knew kids who liked it...I was probably around 5 or 6 when I was into Beyblade, I only knew kids who liked Yu-Gi-Oh back then.
lucky my school would laugh but maybe you can start an era of beyblading and maybe news would here about it and start a new trend that won't die out
If I'm able to get into the school my sister is in next year, I'm going to try and make some kind of club for Beyblade, if I can't make a club, I'm going to at least try and get some of the kids there into Beyblades.
i remember how in k-4th grade the teachers would try to take our yu-gi-oh cards beyblades or b-damans and pretty soon we bought more and made a sort of kids rebellion on the other side of the playground even though beyblade and b-daman weren't as popular as yugioh but it was still cool