Beyblades-the new official game at my school

i have friends at school that play beyblades!!!
Good stuff dude.

Going to start bringing my blades and stadium to Hobby League to get people playing it again.
Hobby League?
i know this is a very very old post but up until 2006 my highschool was very into ,cards,dominoes,yugioh,beyblade. yugioh and beyblade where like underground events during breackfast , before and afterschool events in our school. poker and dominoes were lunch and breackfast events. beyblades we had to play in classes before and after school becuase the principles did not want us to play during lunch and breackfast becuase the tops whould slide off the tables and disturb people. in 8th period on thursdays,thats when we had football raleys,xbox and playstation tourneys in different classes. but everyone who loved beyblade whould go to a specific class and about 20 of us whould meet up. almost 30 people whould show up becuse it whould be new people every week. now i was the 3rd best until 11th grade when i wiped out every one. then the highschool kids battled the jr high kids,highschool and jr high whould battle elementary kids. then the sport got popular with kids ages 19 and under. half of those kids parents supported that too. until the sport died out it was really fun.
(Jan. 22, 2009  10:56 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i'd have a hard time refuting that beyblade is for kids tbh

me too, but 1 day we will show the world they're wrong mwa haaa haaa haaa! lol
(Apr. 26, 2009  4:17 PM)jamil coleman Wrote: i know this is a very very old post but up until 2006 my highschool was very into ,cards,dominoes,yugioh,beyblade. yugioh and beyblade where like underground events during breackfast , before and afterschool events in our school. poker and dominoes were lunch and breackfast events. beyblades we had to play in classes before and after school becuase the principles did not want us to play during lunch and breackfast becuase the tops whould slide off the tables and disturb people. in 8th period on thursdays,thats when we had football raleys,xbox and playstation tourneys in different classes. but everyone who loved beyblade whould go to a specific class and about 20 of us whould meet up. almost 30 people whould show up becuse it whould be new people every week. now i was the 3rd best until 11th grade when i wiped out every one. then the highschool kids battled the jr high kids,highschool and jr high whould battle elementary kids. then the sport got popular with kids ages 19 and under. half of those kids parents supported that too. until the sport died out it was really fun.

i dont care if im finished highschool, i wanna go to ur school!
^^ Wow beyblade battles in high school? I wish I went to your school. Pinching_eyes_2
(Jan. 24, 2009  8:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: dating a girl in high school and playing beyblade was often awkward

I have that problem atm :\

Beyblades got banned at my school only because one of them ended up being shot at a boys head, his parents ended up complaining to the school and then it was over.
(Apr. 26, 2009  4:35 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: Beyblades got banned at my school only because one of them ended up being shot at a boys head, his parents ended up complaining to the school and then it was over.

I have to say, I lol'd. XD
(Apr. 26, 2009  4:35 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: I have that problem atm :\

Beyblades got banned at my school only because one of them ended up being shot at a boys head, his parents ended up complaining to the school and then it was over.

lol my mate had a fake hayate that had really sharp blaes on it lol, 1 of our idiotic mates thought he'd launch it on its side into the stadium, lol it bounced up and cut his forhead lol he just whinged bout it for the rest of the day
OMFDG dude that must of sucked for him. I remember in Gingerbread learning center when me and Shelton would beyblade but he always kicked my carp at it. I miss those days.
Post some pictures of the articles please! This is pretty awesome Grin!
Awesome.
Speaking of shooting blades at people, when I still had my Galeon Attacker, whenever my brother pissed me off, I would shoot my blade at his head. It shut him up pretty quick.

I'm the prez of the Gamer's Club at my school, I'll see if I can bring in Beyblade when I get some.
I wsh that t was one of the smaller but well known sports. That way there would be beyblade hobby shops in the USA. But anyways it must be pretty cool having that to do after school am I right ?
[quote='fragbait' pid='137363' dateline='1240937536']
Awesome.
Speaking of shooting blades at people, when I still had my Galeon Attacker, whenever my brother pissed me off, I would shoot my blade at his head. It shut him up pretty quick.

I don't think it's very cool shooting pieces of plastic at peoples heads or else you'll end up like that one gu in the blade sharks from frst season who made Tyson's arm swellup.
maybe some of us can´t have beyblade on our school´s Unhappy

I´m one of those people but if you thing one the bright side we still meet people at the tounaments and battle with them some times Smile

BEYBLADE RULEZ!!!
I would do this but i would be too nervous too ask my Head teacher because im in year 10.
I remember back in the 5th and 6th grade, the days were when we would watch movies my science teacher let me and my friends go to into the closet and play with our beyblades, we even got the cool kids playing lol. Even in gym my gym teacher let us play with them.

those was good ole days *wipes tear*

OOOH i also remember when my friend and I was playing beyblade outside after school some bullies tried to steal our blades and yu-gi-oh cards but me being the hot head that i was i beat the guy up and got our stuff back and later that day my friend stopped by my house and gave me his Driger S for defending him.
(Aug. 09, 2010  9:33 PM)lasean Wrote: OOOH i also remember when my friend and I was playing beyblade outside after school some bullies tried to steal our blades and yu-gi-oh cards but me being the hot head that i was i beat the guy up and got our stuff back and later that day my friend stopped by my house and gave me his Driger S for defending him.

The "springtime of youth", lol? Tongue_out

The most popular beyblades were in my area were when it wasn't uncool to be playing with them in the third grade. So they were accepted, but hardly popular. Kinda disappointing, in comparison to some of you. Pinching_eyes
Ok, I've put this part up in the forums before. I'm 24 years old and married. My wife actually urged me to get back into the hobby because it interested me. She said she doesn't want to get into it herself but she wants me to be able to have fun when I can. I think a big part of this is the fact that when me and her have children that she probably sees it as highly likely that they will get into it when they are old enough and what better way for a parent to bond with their kids than to play the same games with them? Do I expect my wife to eventually give in and get into the game? No. Do I think she wants me to know everything my kids are gonna be exposed to outside of the house? Yes. Does it sound awkward to hear this stuff from a married man on a beyblade website? I guess so but hey, why not?
Ya, cool! I used to play Beyblades at school all the time with approval from the principal. Then came the day where a sixth grader girl (like it ain't obvious) BANNED beyblade for some wacky reason. It was just because she thought they were childish and that you are to mature to play these spinning tops.
(Nov. 17, 2010  2:47 AM)GamerBoy Wrote: Ya, cool! I used to play Beyblades at school all the time with approval from the principal. Then came the day where a sixth grader girl (like it ain't obvious) BANNED beyblade for some wacky reason. It was just because she thought they were childish and that you are to mature to play these spinning tops.

In Real Life."Childish" "Mature" and "Your to old to play this" truly do not exist.
I'm pretty sure there's more to the picture than just some random 6th grader saying it's stupid.
Little bit of a necro there GB.
Yeah, really.
If a sixth grade girl has the power to rule you school or ban things, somethings up or she has strange capabilities not heard of to man.
GB didn't necro muchh, it was chaos_22 that necroed a full year... xD but not really important I guess.

But agreed, what right does a sixth grade girl have to ban something at a school? She must be quite the egotistic one.

In my school, everyone thinks beyblades are lame except a select 10 people that blade with me and come to my randomly organized tournaments. Grin
when i was in elemtary school, EVERYTHING was banned. Beyblades, tech deck dudes, mighty beans, pokemon, yugioh, video games, speed stackers, legos, tamagachis, you name it, they banned it.

3rd grade was the year everyone bladed on the blacktop...good times