Beyblade world Championships

I've just been informed as well that the participants were given a Hasbro Striker stadium to practice in. I'm not sure if this implies that Striker stadium will be the one used for the Championship or not.

It has been confirmed as well that NO 4D beys will be allowed. Any TAKARA-TOMY release up to Basalt Horogium is allowed, inclusive of parts.

A deck system of 3 combinations, each with different Metal Wheels will be used. Point System will also be used?? I'm not sure how that matters in a Stadium that has no KO exits.
If this thread could stay open for only one reason, it should be to find out which combinations to suggest to prastyo and Jacky Ng, since we have a mean of reaching them.

For what it is worth, even if it is flat, in a stadium with patterns similar to the Super Attack BeyStadium, ball Bottoms should be tried.
Ive been helping Zakiah also with combos. This just doesn't have the same feel as the last world tournament. I remember going into the 2004 tournament the USA was the under dog and the Japanese were the fan favorites to win. Ill definitely be watching this weekend. Maybe the winner will give the WBO a shoutout.
(Mar. 21, 2012  11:49 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Seeing as this isn't closed, I am gonna comment.

I honestly want Ryo to win it this time. Sorry Zakiah, I know I'm American, but I feel Japanese this year...
Might be a challenge for him seeing that for the past year, their game has been 4D. Not to mention, they seem to use lots of RS or rubber based combos which will be somewhat disadvantages in a pocketed stadium. Likewise for Singapore.

Im worried for Rueben about this. We've practically used every single gimmick stadium in our tournaments (with exception to super attack). Introducing something totally new will definitely take time to get used to.
From my understanding some of the participants including Zakiah will be arriving in Toronto tomorrow.
No 4D beys Japan is gonna have a hard time that is chance for zakiah
In some other countries they used beybladebattles.com for tournements that's unfair to some other bladers considering they are great bladers in real life it is a waste of time for hasbro to use that kind of option
not really impressed with the australian rep, my brother has been blading longer than him and my brother is in the age range, but i hope he can put up a good fight. the newzealand rep looks better, cause he has a youtube chanel and takara tomy gear. i hope either of them would win.
The new zealand rep i can confirm will be using an earth eagle or rock leone based combo... he was on the news in new zealand. Also chosen online
Some updates
Round 1 and 2 will be conducted on Striker Stadium (round robin Format)
Next would be Attack (elimination)
Finals would be Tornado

Please note that this info has yet to be confirmed but it seems to be credible as its from Jacky Ng (father of Reuben Ng)

For those who had no idea who Reuben is, he was the junior category Runner up in the previous Asian championships.

Format of play
http://www.beyblade.com/assets/file?id=c...281%29.pdf

All info was obtained by Jacky Ng.
Hmmmm.... That format looks very interesting. I'm surprised they didn't go double elimination (considering 25 competitors). Then again, this does give the players who barely advance in Round 1 to get better in Round 2, which is good for players around that general age....

So, Block Round Robin, another Block Round Robin with the four best of each Block, and then Single Elimination.

I think that is actually quite fair.
I hope that Eric wins, he deserves after what he passed. Portugal has a different metagame, we usually use combinations with beyblades from Metal Fusion and Metal Masters together ( since we don't have yet the Metal Fury ones ) it's strange to see a combination with parts of the same series.
I hope Portugal wins!!!
The competitors will not be able to use any kind of grip launcher or metal face.
How ... Uncomfortable.
See? This is why World Championships never work. Hasbro creates their own metagame on different non Takara-Tomy countries and basically forces Takara-Tomy users to follow their outdated metagame.
(Mar. 22, 2012  11:47 PM)Kai-V Wrote: How ... Uncomfortable.

I completely agree. I just got done talking to Zakiah about his different combos. He never got a striker stadium. Also they are going to have to use 3 separate combos with different fusion wheels.
3 separate combos with 3 different wheels are the standard for TT tournaments.
Not being able to use metal face will be a handicap for those who are used to them -__-

(Mar. 22, 2012  11:12 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: The competitors will not be able to use any kind of grip launcher or metal face.

What? There's absolutely no logical reason for this.

I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. Hasbro has released both of those things, so there's no reason to prohibit either of them. What's next? Will BeyLaunchers/String Launchers be banned? :\
I could understand the Metal Face because Hasbro has not released it widely, and remember that some countries like Australia never got the first games ...

Anyway, can anyone try to record the live footage of the tournament on Sunday ? I will be working until five.
http://beyblade.ytv.com/?redir=1
man i wished i knew about the tournament i could have been the amercan rep i mean i never lost any of my battles (stupid school)Unhappy
still i hope america wins
The Australian rep online name on beybladebattles.com is midnight kerbecs I a. Not impressed with him to me in real life he is a lousy beyblader
No grip lauchers and metal faces unbeliveble hasbro has no right to do that absolutely ridicules hasbro is just jealous of tt
No grip lauchers and metal faces unbeliveble hasbro has no right to do that absolutely ridicules hasbro is just jealous of tt
(Mar. 20, 2012  10:52 PM)Vanitas Wrote: a lot of people will not find it exciting on the fact that were to old to enter Angry

Lol true, but I must admit it's pretty bad@$# that it's happening and truthfully I'm a bit excited, good luck to all the the bladers, I can't wait to see who wins!!
(Mar. 23, 2012  6:34 AM)Hades ldrago Wrote: The Australian rep online name on beybladebattles.com is midnight kerbecs I a. Not impressed with him to me in real life he is a lousy beyblader
Nothing about being jealous towards TT. If Metal faces were indeed used, it would give an unfair advantage towards the Hasbro only countries. 5 grams DOES makes a difference especially in Basalt since it already have an off centre weight. Centralised weight stablises it more.

But no grips? This will be hard and makes no sense... I do understand there is no 3seg grip but the old one is universal right? Couldnt they just put a restriction on accessories? =\
I agree with you pcyborg no grips are not comfy
I'm guessing that they believe that either these kids do not own a grip, they want a fair balance for all of the competitors by choosing a default launcher, or they are assuming that Rueben and Robbe (and maybe the others) don't know how to use a grip.

I mean that's just stupid. Sure, it evens out the players launch-wise, but come-on, it might have been a while for some of the competitors since they used a ripcord, just look at Kristofers, he's using a string launcher in his picture, and he and Finlay are using grips. Now, while this might be useful to some competitors ( i.e. Gal [just looking at the picture]), I am sure a ripcord throws most of the competitors off...