Beyblade vs B-Daman

Well, dunno if this is the right place to post this, but w/e
Basically, I got all my old B-Daman stuff out yesterday, and played with my friend. I forgot how much fun it was, it's a shame it died so quickly (over here). My friend also enjoyed it, and said he preferred it over Beyblade, since you have more direct control and are in the game more. I dunno if I'd agree with him, but I'd have to agree about being involved in the game more.
What you guys think?
b-daman is a terrible, boring game and it's no surprise it did terrible
How can you say such a thing? D:
I really like it, especially how you can actually see how the different add-ons work and enhance the B-Dama
TraceKaiser Wrote:How can you say such a thing? D:
I really like it, especially how you can actually see how the different add-ons work and enhance the B-Dama

yea b daman is pretty fun i like the blue with the accuracy tube but i think blading is just as fun as b daman or maybe even funner but i prefer blading
I never played with anyone since no one near me got into it. I liked it for a bit, but then Hasbro never came out with any of the newer stuff... They're still around at my TRU in the clearance shelf.

because in the end i'm shooting marbles out of ugly figurines
It was fun for a while, then I shot my marbles too far and lost them.

Would rather play paintball/airsoft.
G Wrote:I never played with anyone since no one near me got into it. I liked it for a bit, but then Hasbro never came out with any of the newer stuff... They're still around at my TRU in the clearance shelf.

They were sitting around the shelves of my local Dollar Tree several months ago XP
B-Daman was alright. Probably would've been cooler if the marbles got shot out faster.
-sigh- why'd I have to buy 7,000 some yen on the stuff in Japan?! But the Japanese commercial was so cool and the old man at the store piled the stuff up for me haha
Damn, I wish I hadn't spent about #500 bucks on B-Daman for like...5 months of fun. I personally think Beyblade is a much funner game.

B-Daman could've worked right, if the anime was better, and they worked the game better. Seriously, the anime was carp.

But, B-Daman'll always have a small section in my heart. Beyblade just has a larger piece. x3
I think it was more based on parts than skill, which is the opposite of Beyblade.

High capacity magazines allow you to keep firing without frequent reloads.

But, you still needed some skill to aim if you were using single, powerful shots.

I liked the Hades series though.
I think B-Daman would've been a lot more fun if I had more people to play it with. The Crash B-Daman look pretty cool though.

As for which is better, Beyblade for sure, it's a lot more interesting in my opinion.
I enjoy beyblade, I just feel slightly... detached from it all. You release your blade, and... well, and nothing. You watch and wait, whereas in B-Daman you start and you're actually playing.
They marketed it even worse than Beyblades over here though. Which is the main reason it flopped I think, whereas in Japan it's still going.
But seriously, who CAN'T enjoy a game of DHB? It's freakin addictive!
TraceKaiser Wrote:I enjoy beyblade, I just feel slightly... detached from it all. You release your blade, and... well, and nothing. You watch and wait, whereas in B-Daman you start and you're actually playing.
They marketed it even worse than Beyblades over here though. Which is the main reason it flopped I think, whereas in Japan it's still going.

The Metal B-daman just look weird, tbh.

I like the Crash's style of play instead. =/

Use Grenade to take down the tower, or shoot powerful, single shots?

The add on don't do much to enhance the B Daman, not in the same way Beyblades do. It's easier to win with weak parts in B daman than in Beyblade. That's why Beyblade probably sells better.
TraceKaiser Wrote:I enjoy beyblade, I just feel slightly... detached from it all. You release your blade, and... well, and nothing. You watch and wait, whereas in B-Daman you start and you're actually playing.

DHB severely limited the amount of customization anyway. Either way you were just shooting marbles at pins. Beyblade is a strategy game of preparation. If you want more control, there's always RC Beyblades.

Also B-Daman is doing terribly in Japan so I don't see how much that lends to your argument.
http://kyoganken.web.fc2.com/bda/mb/repo01/index.htm

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/metal_bedaman/

Do not want.

----
Bey Brad Wrote:

DHB severely limited the amount of customization anyway. Either way you were just shooting marbles at pins. Beyblade is a strategy game of preparation. If you want more control, there's always RC Beyblades.

Also B-Daman is doing terribly in Japan so I don't see how much that lends to your argument.

I did not like how Impact Shark or Gill Scorpion could not really use a set of DHB Armor. I liked it the most.

Most gimmick-types couldn't use DHB Armor, hell.

I think Crash was the peak of B-Daman. More parts than Cartridge (and that line had around 4-5 B-Daman? what). The main game of Crash didn't limit customization as you had no DHB Armor to put on.

Omega Bahamut was like the Hades of Crash, and so you can see why I like that one too. However, I think it was not as good as it was hyped to be. With Omega Bahamut in its stock form, it was hard to shoot. You needed more stability. I think Ultimate Bahamut fixed this.

However Ultimate Bahamut's color scheme was carp horrible.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:http://kyoganken.web.fc2.com/bda/mb/repo01/index.htm

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/metal_bedaman/

Do not want.

Wasn't this supposed to be a *revolutionary new series*?

doesn't seem revolutionary to me
I Hate B-Damon, BeyBlade is the greatest game of all time because they launch and then watching the beyblade fighting is fun. The Best part is when the beyblade fly out of the arena just like in the show
Blading Wrote:Oh, BeyBlade copy the full metal thing from B-damon So what, B-Damon copy BeyBlade that why nobody like to play B-Damon. BeyBlade is more cooler then B-Damon

pronounced "bee-dah-mahn" but spelt differently

---

I think you got it in reverse.

how did it copy beyblade when beyblades are spinning tops while b-daman are chibi-robots shooting marbles from the stomach and crotch area???
LazerBlader Wrote:
G Wrote:I never played with anyone since no one near me got into it. I liked it for a bit, but then Hasbro never came out with any of the newer stuff... They're still around at my TRU in the clearance shelf.

They were sitting around the shelves of my local Dollar Tree several months ago XP
B-Daman was alright. Probably would've been cooler if the marbles got shot out faster.
-sigh- why'd I have to buy 7,000 some yen on the stuff in Japan?! But the Japanese commercial was so cool and the old man at the store piled the stuff up for me haha

XD
You can't say no to old guys can you?
BTW it's like some sort of Covenant that BeyBlade is better than anything over here, so It's a silly question.
I got into B-daman for about 1 week, then I got bored of those marble shooting things.

But I've been into beyblades for bout 6 years.

I planned on selling my bdaman but instead I completely destroyed them with my beyblades.

I kept one to test my blade's endurance though. Basically I just launch the blade and start shooting marbles at it.

MWHAHAHA
ROFL

I use big marbles as attack and endurance tests. If the blade managed to 'pocket' the marble (which is how I orginially came across it if you get me), it passes the test. Problem is, it tends to break the inferior ones (Galzzly
DormantSpirit Wrote:ROFL

I use big marbles as attack and endurance tests. If the blade managed to 'pocket' the marble (which is how I orginially came across it if you get me), it passes the test. Problem is, it tends to break the inferior ones (Galzzly

This doesn't make any sense at all ...