Beyblade vs B-Daman

Bey Brad Wrote:
DormantSpirit Wrote:ROFL

I use big marbles as attack and endurance tests. If the blade managed to 'pocket' the marble (which is how I orginially came across it if you get me), it passes the test. Problem is, it tends to break the inferior ones (Galzzly

This doesn't make any sense at all ...

I think what he is trying to say is that you roll in marbles while the Bey is spinning, and if the Bey has enough strength, it will hit, causing it to go in pockets.

I think Beyblade to Beyblade tests are better though (also in Takara stadiums too!).. =/
bugturtles Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:

I use big marbles as attack and endurance tests. If the blade managed to 'pocket' the marble (which is how I orginially came across it if you get me), it passes the test. Problem is, it tends to break the inferior ones (Galzzly

I think what he is trying to say is that you roll in marbles while the Bey is spinning, and if the Bey has enough strength, it will hit, causing it to go in pockets.

I think Beyblade to Beyblade tests are better though (also in Takara stadiums too!).. =/

it still doesn't make sense
bugturtles Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:

I think you're right.

But, it's just one marble, but a big one. I don't do it that much. It tends to damage Beys, and they're not exactly in unlimited supply nowadays.
DormantSpirit Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:

I think you're right.

But, it's just one marble, but a big one. I don't do it that much. It tends to damage Beys, and they're not exactly in unlimited supply nowadays.

Speaking of marbles, I think my aunt influenced Hasbro to manufacture plastic marbles to replace the glass ones (I was contacted by a rep of Hasbro's B-Daman area and talked etc etc. I told them what my aunt thought of the glass marbles; they "were a safety hazard").

----

Right now I'm looking at both Gatling Hades and my AEON Gill Scorpion, and wish that the metal series did not look so Bomberman-like.

When Takara said metal B-Daman, I was hoping for more aggressive designs.
narushi Wrote:I got into B-daman for about 1 week, then I got bored of those marble shooting things.

But I've been into beyblades for bout 6 years.

I planned on selling my bdaman but instead I completely destroyed them with my beyblades.

I kept one to test my blade's endurance though. Basically I just launch the blade and start shooting marbles at it.

MWHAHAHA
That's not really testing endurance since it's up against a force being launched forward at it instead of hitting a spinning object. And you're probably wearing down your Beyblades that way.
bugturtles Wrote:http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/metal_bedaman/

OMG LOOK AT THAT GREEN ONE IT'S FREAKING METABEE!!

Anyway I like the Crash Series a LOT. The Taurus one that looks like a 9 mil automatic was an awesome design.^^;;
Ozuma Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/metal_bedaman/

OMG LOOK AT THAT GREEN ONE IT'S FREAKING METABEE!!

Anyway I like the Crash Series a LOT. The Taurus one that looks like a 9 mil automatic was an awesome design.^^;;

The overall gun theme was one of the best themes ever.

Since I can't get a picture of my Bahamut (one of the cameras has run off..), here's a link:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT72115

Oh I wish I wish that my Ultimate Bahamut is in black (unless black liquid dye exists?)..

I know I'm ranting and raving about Bahamut, kinda like Driger MS. But it's really cool.
The B-Daman Crash were the only cool looking ones. Shame they were discontinued.
bugturtles Wrote:Speaking of marbles, I think my aunt influenced Hasbro to manufacture plastic marbles to replace the glass ones (I was contacted by a rep of Hasbro's B-Daman area and talked etc etc. I told them what my aunt thought of the glass marbles; they "were a safety hazard").

They... replaced all glass marbles with plastic ones? WHY O_O

In any case, the target zone on DHB battle amuses me somewhat.
Gah, those little marbles pissed me off. I'm pissed I spent like 20 bucks on that huge playset. I ended up losing my marbles in a week or two, I've still got two b-daman on my shelf, not too sure of their names, but it was like..the original two hasbro released.

Its a shame it never caught on though, the little things are adorable, I would've played more if hasbro released..more stuff.
Ah well.
Beyblade just means more to me anyway. Although I don't really play with them anymore, If I see one that I know would be good to have around I'll end up buying it. And those no goddamn marbles.
i like watching the blades smash into the wall!
i like that crystal pegasus blade. thats my blade
LMAO beyblade vs that trash, now that is funny. Yeah beyblade wins by a mile. Also I didn't like the look of B-daman when I first saw it, it looked so stupid.
G Wrote:I liked it for a bit, but then Hasbro never came out with any of the newer stuff... They're still around at my TRU in the clearance shelf.

Hasbro released like the first two of the Fire Spirits line in only Canada , to have the commercial, I mean anime, air months later with a new dub cast that sounds like it was done in 1995 by Manga Entertainment UK. It is seriously bad, I don't believe there is any edits, but my gosh, is that acting so terrible, it would put most of Odex's work to shame.

I had a few B-Daman, but this game felt so tedious to play with friends, so I stopped buying them, and the fad was just like that in my area. People bought, for those two minutes before they learned it's no fun without a friend or that stadium thing.
[Image: 0000167fd6.th.jpg]

this is why i love b-daman. some designs are kick-carp.

how do you make your friends feel when you whip out a small robot that shoots marbles as compared to a top?

EDIT: YES I HAVE BOTH VERSIONS OF GATLING HADES. FEEL JEALOUSSSS
bugturtles Wrote:[Image: 0000167fd6.th.jpg]

this is why i love b-daman. some designs are kick-carp.

how do you make your friends feel when you whip out a small robot that shoots marbles as compared to a top?

EDIT: YES I HAVE BOTH VERSIONS OF GATLING HADES. FEEL JEALOUSSSS

Yes, but to be fair all of the Hades line looks amazing. I liked how they did Taurus for something new and original, but that's just me.
Personally, I showed my friend both my bdaman and my beyblade and he thought that the bdaman and cool designs but beyblades were much cooler.
bugturtles, that B-Daman is outrageous! It looks like a giant pistol!
Ugh wow that huge robot/pistol thing only to shoot out a marble, seems a little bit too exaggerated. Like some designer at Takara was compensating for something else... HMS, and being so tiny.

I've got to ask bugturtle, how long does it take for you to build those marble machines? I've had some, but never that "I'm not gonna be released in the US on account that I look like a gun, and ofcourse some kid will buy me and point me at people, causing the cops to come, and shoot him, so I'll either be Neon green with bright yellow Nerf highlights, like sheesh look what Hasbro did to Transformers Classics Megatron, or I could not be available in North America. I choose the second option." variety, yours are much cooler than the few I had.
Revolver Hades came a bit later, it was part of a set that never got released over here due to poor sales. I don't think it's resemblance to a gun had anything to do with it.

I played B-Daman longer than I rightfully should have, I think. Part of that was that it took me back to my childhood; I was huge into marbles when I was very young. Kind of got out of it when I was 8, but the nostalgia factor kept be buying and ordering B-Daman for about 5 months. Always wanted to try the Crash series, but when that came out, I was at a point where my income was very limited, so I never ordered 'em. Highest I went to was Cartridge series. They were slightly fun, but got boring after a bit.

I think the real issue with customization in this series was that you didn't really have to sacrifice one type of part for another. You could just keep adding on parts. Whereas in beyblade, you really did have to decide if you wanted to go for attack, endurance, spin stealing, etc., in B-Daman, you could have a shooter that excelled in aiming, stock, maneuverability, comfort, speed, and stability all at once if you had the right parts. The challenge was amassing add-ons, not building a design to counter another.
I do doubt Hasbro didn't release those because they had a resemblance to guns. I wasn't being overly serious(or serious at all) when posting that.

But instead of this, Hasbro gave us this. So I wonder what could have happened if Hasbro did release those guys.
Takao Wrote:Ugh wow that huge robot/pistol thing only to shoot out a marble, seems a little bit too exaggerated. Like some designer at Takara was compensating for something else... HMS, and being so tiny.

I've got to ask bugturtle, how long does it take for you to build those marble machines? I've had some, but never that "I'm not gonna be released in the US on account that I look like a gun, and ofcourse some kid will buy me and point me at people, causing the cops to come, and shoot him, so I'll either be Neon green with bright yellow Nerf highlights, like sheesh look what Hasbro did to Transformers Classics Megatron, or I could not be available in North America. I choose the second option." variety, yours are much cooler than the few I had.

It doesn't shoot one marble per shot of trigger. Upon pumping the large trigger, the housing for the gears power up a rubber wheel. This rubber wheel makes the marbles shoot out. When you push down on a little lever, a device lets the marbles run through, allowing a stream of marbles to fly out. Gatling Hades is very useful if you have multiple Cartridge magazines attached (Nic had a custom like this before).

Takes me about 20-30 minutes for some complicated models (Impact Sharks especially. Building it right takes a while, but it is worth the power of the shot.)

Revolver Hades looks more like a pistol. Gatling... Just a big intimidating weapon.

Ahh.... Omega Bahamut looks like an evolved form of Revolver Hades too..

I need to buy another Revolver Hades because my stickers are getting ripped.
SexyMichael Wrote:Impact Shark was sexy as balls.

are u gay?