Beyblade vs B-Daman

Blader: Kenny Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:Impact Shark was sexy as balls.

are u gay?

would you please leave
Bey Brad Wrote:

are u gay?

would you please leave

I think he meant it literally since the comment was balls, not a very smart question, but I don't think it was meant to be malicious.

I always wanted one of the Knight Bedaman from the original sets. The team of 4 had a lovely set among them (the lion kid, the army dude, the knight... and I can't seem to remember the 4th, but I think it was Joshua with that dragon thing they can't all be nice right?)

EDIT: For the record I have no idea why I'm defending him/her or even why I care about what he/she says.

^ mmmm, aeon impact shark.

Also, Chrome Levan DX (Clear Grey). (AND ROLLER FEET WOO)

---

Accel Leon was not that great IMO. Speed Loaders (I myself have Saber Loaders - same thing, but with different color scheme) are not that useful as one may think. I prefer Quick Loading Core instead.

I have heard Dragogale's Barrel/Magazine part falls apart easily.

Black Knight with it's stabilizer wings aren't that handy either. Just use longer feet armor, Power Trigger (nice part, you can shoot with one hand), or Iron Stabilizer. I have a "AEON Smoke Black" version. I only got it because it came with my clear blue Proto 2 Armor.

--

Spinster, get a fully built Revolver Hades and turn it upside down. Use the magazine as a grip and the "fin" as a trigger. Smile

are u gay?

LOL

b-daman was balls anyway
I meant design wise, but I have heard that the loader cores from Accel Lion were quite handy some people did like em. Yes I have heard Dragon Gale was carp with it's barrel and loading tube failing terribly.
Accel Lion's magazine isnt that good. Rekuso's is a bit longer
Train Wrote:I meant design wise, but I have heard that the loader cores from Accel Lion were quite handy some people did like em. Yes I have heard Dragon Gale was carp with it's barrel and loading tube failing terribly.

When in the midst of battle, do you really want to stab that loader down on a marble and have a possibility of missing? I tried them myself and it did not work very well as I usually needed two hands to fire, not one firing while one is out scavenging for marbles.

One thing I like about Hasbro's B-Daman products is the snake loader. I think they saw a design back on CT made by Doom Penguin. This loader did not jam.
Takao Wrote:I do doubt Hasbro didn't release those because they had a resemblance to guns. I wasn't being overly serious(or serious at all) when posting that.

But instead of this, Hasbro gave us this. So I wonder what could have happened if Hasbro did release those guys.

Hasbro actually DID release the original design of Megatron at first. A childhood friend of mine had it. They changed the design later because a kid got shot when he decided it'd be fun to point it at a cop and threaten him. It was a big thing in the news at the time. If I recall correctly, that was the incident that caused the law in the states to be passed that toy guns had to have at least some parts on them coloured that hideous neon orange.
How can you guys call those toys attractive in any fashion? The things look dollar-store cheap.

are u gay?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, I really don't understand while we're still discussing this. There is a reason that B-Daman no longer exists and Beyblade is making a return.

(Hint: Beyblade is a much better game)
Roan Wrote:

are u gay?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, I really don't understand while we're still discussing this. There is a reason that B-Daman no longer exists and Beyblade is making a return.

(Hint: Beyblade is a much better game)

but but but the robots Unhappy
b-daman sucked

i didn't even bother trying to sell them; everyone would have known what a carp game it was
[/size]
Spinster Wrote:
Takao Wrote:I do doubt Hasbro didn't release those because they had a resemblance to guns. I wasn't being overly serious(or serious at all) when posting that.

But instead of this, Hasbro gave us this. So I wonder what could have happened if Hasbro did release those guys.

Hasbro actually DID release the original design of Megatron at first. A childhood friend of mine had it. They changed the design later because a kid got shot when he decided it'd be fun to point it at a cop and threaten him. It was a big thing in the news at the time. If I recall correctly, that was the incident that caused the law in the states to be passed that toy guns had to have at least some parts on them coloured that hideous neon orange.

That was in the late '80s, or early 90's. That was a different Megatron figure.

That specific Megatron I pictured, was Masterpiece Megatron, made in 2006 or 2007(IIRC), as the Masterpiece line is a high detail, show accurate, higher priced, and die-cast redesign line (essentially the collector/otaku line, as apparently Transformers aren't all that popular with Japanese kids). That mold was never released by Hasbro, only Tomy Takara in Japan, because by law they(being Hasbro) would have to make it neon green and orange to distinguish it from the real deal. But by doing that, they alienate the market for that figure. Even imports of that figure have a orange tip applied to it by stores to distinguish Megatron from a real weapon.

So we got that second figure, for the Transformers Classics(2006- Early 2007, now part of Universe) line, which is a line of the original characters updated as if they came to Earth today, bearing similarities with thier originals. These are much more mast produced, at a lower price point because of being made out of plastic and being a smaller size class, Hasbro chose to release a gun Megatron like that because they could afford to alienate their market, since this was a different line demographic. Tomy Takara are now releasing Classics in Japan, and Megatron is gray. So maybe I should have compared those two?

Jeeze. showing my fanhood there...

Shall I say, "Derailed"?

I felt B Daman was launched at a wrong time. Beyblade was just ending, and it came out, both anime series were similar, both came from the same companies, and relied on heavy customization. Kind of like how Duel Masters failed because it was sssooo similar to Yu-Gi-Oh!. If only that Caotic game suffers the same fate.
Duel Masters is actually pretty simple to me compared to YGO. Most common cards were really awesome as compared to YGO, where the super expensive ones were the ones to get.
I'd have to agree with you, that they were to very different card games. It was just that they were card games. Enough for people to assume it was a rip-off.

I though DM was gonna succeed in North America, so I bought a heck of Wizards/Hasbro's cards in anticipation. Only to play with my friend, who I leant my cards to... disapointing...
I love the idea of CCGs, but they're far too broken and complete money holes. I would like to see a CCG marketed where you know what cards you are buying.
Duel Masters failed because of bad marketing. Yu-Gi-Oh succeeds because of amazing marketing.

Yu-Gi-Oh is also the most expensive mainstream Trading Card Game. Don't ever get involved with it.
Marketing definately had something to do with Duel Masters' failing. Hasbro didn't try to show the masses that this wasn't a Yu-Gi-Oh! clone.

And card games FTL, I have some really random KO Beyblade cards, the CCG as well as Deciphers(how they got the license confuses me, Hasbro owns Wizards, the makers of Magic, and formerally Pokemon) cards. They're all bad, and who ever thought making a TCG for Beyblade was a good idea, was obviously mistaken.
Magic: the Gathering Revised Edition (c.1994) for the win.
Duel Masters was a simpler Magic the Gathering with a Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged styled anime to back it up. The anime was horrible, and the card game was supported badly, so inevitably it died here.

Supposedly it's still doing amazingly well in Asian countries.

Hasbro seems to really be good at destroying good things.
I enjoyed B-Daman, i just didn't feel it had enough commerical success to really reach it's potential. Beyblade and B-Daman are different. While one is purely preperation, the other is down to personal tampering and skill 'in match.'

Some B-Daman did look nice. Like many others here, i thought Crash B-Daman looked amazing. Pity it never evolved enough.

I really have no clue about anything related to B-daman but me and my friend found a samurai phoenix I believe its called for 90 cents so we bought it.

Anyone know if its actually good or not?
drager metal slicer Wrote:it has good control and i think power?

Care to elaborate?