Beyblade's current state in Japan- 7/07/14: Return of monthly events in Japan!

2005 is indeed when the plastic era ended, but I wouldn't have thought the WBO could keep Beyblade alive through 2005 and 2006 when it didn't exist, that's all.

In all cases, the WBO does do remarkably well with the franchise, and I don't think Hasbro, nor Takara-Tomy and SonoKong would do as well if it wasn't running. If Hasbro want to keep Beyblade as an evergreen franchise, I do believe fansites will be the main encouragement, and fan tournaments, such as the ones that the WBO host, will continue as always to be the main reason to purchase a Beyblade.

I'm kinda blabbering on because I'm tired, but yeah. That.
She means the communities that came before this one.

Erm while I understand this may be hard to stomach but we probably don't make any kind of dent. Not in sales or anything. I doubt anything would change in terms of how well they do if we weren't around. People would buy beyblades whether we're here or not... We just help the fans gain knowledge and understanding and give some of them a way to play properly. And in Asia they have other sites so I kind of doubt it. Sorry to burst your bubble.
(May. 14, 2013  12:31 AM)Ultra Wrote: She means the communities that came before this one.

Erm while I understand this may be hard to stomach but we probably don't make any kind of dent. Not in sales or anything. I doubt anything would change in terms of how well they do if we weren't around. People would buy beyblades whether we're here or not... We just help the fans gain knowledge and understanding and give some of them a way to play properly. And in Asia they have other sites so I kind of doubt it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yes, we only have a small portion of the whole Beyblade fanbase, but imagine, for those people, if the World Beyblade Organization did not exist : there would have been no tournament at all in most regions like the United States and the United Kingdom since what, early 2012 ? You can have kids buy toys all you want, but there are obviously thousands here who depend and thirst for Beyblade tournaments. Take out the World Beyblade Organization, and the situation in Japan is basically unknown, nothing happens competitively almost anywhere around the world, people use bad combinations, and the anime is not enough to keep the hobby alive.

And yes, I meant sites like Beyblade Forums and other message boards, where the same community was active and just moved from site to site. The first Members of Beywiki are the active Members of those older sites.

My first language is French.
Yet I do not believe there would be as much incentive to purchase them. Official Hasbro tournaments require that you just use a stock Beyblade they provide, so there isn't much need to buy your own, whereas WBO tournaments are "Use your own". Furthermore, Beyblade definitely wouldn't have sold as well in Japan without an international fanbase, as many of us import Beyblades which benefits their sales.

At least, I think that logic is right. Again, not sure; had four exams today and repeated late nights and my mind is pretty scrambled.

Your first language is French? Ah, got them round the wrong way then, sorry.
Your international fanbase probably amounts to a very small percentage of the kids who buy beyblades in Asia. So it's unlikely to make a difference that they'd notice. Also most of the international buyers probably buy due to hasbro so it's something that would have happened anyway even though they didn't plan it.
There is also another perspective that needs to be considered : while the small percentage of the Beyblade fanbase here is indeed small, our Members are infinitely more likely to buy multiple Beyblades. More 'regular' Beyblade fans buy one, two Beyblades and stick with their "bitbeast-housing Earth Eagle" forever ...
Well yeah but again I don't think it's large enough to make any sizeable difference.
Well, of course the WBO's not going to compare to the entirety of Asia, but every little helps...
Thanks for that review, armir! It's nice to see that there is still tournaments on a consistent basis in Korea. You should try organizing an official WBO tournament in Korea!

Do you know what kinds of combos usually do well in Korean tournaments?
This is actually not related to Japan or Asia at all, but Nelvana has announced plans for Beyblade spinoffs up to 2015, following Hasbro's original intentions to make Beyblade an evergreen brand.
http://licensing13.mapyourshow.com/5_0/e...xhid=12592 (Click on the "2" at the bottom to learn about "BeyRaiderz Shogun" and "BeyWarriors Cyborg")

Those lines will probably not actually continue the main Beyblade toyline, but they will at least keep the name in people's head for a few years.

[Image: NelvanaLasVegasBeyblade.JPG]

By the way, armir, I have not had the time to look through all the links you posted, but thank you for giving us these updates.
That's very interesting...

Let's see what Nelvana has up their sleeves, but BeyRaiderz sounds so weird!
Still no new tops though, hasbro's plans sound like the usual tenuously-related-gimmickry. That TT/SK are still hosting tournaments is a good thing, but no new tops in this long? Eh.
Wow the song in the trailer was actually alright. Kinda suited it I think. However I don't like this new gimmicky stuff. Surely if they're making a whole new line of toys they could conceivably create all new beyblades instead.
(May. 20, 2013  10:23 PM)th!nk Wrote: Still no new tops though, hasbro's plans sound like the usual tenuously-related-gimmickry. That TT/SK are still hosting tournaments is a good thing, but no new tops in this long? Eh.

If the tops meant anything, the tournaments would have stopped ages ago. It is therefore a good sign which I had completely predicted ...
Today in Korea...
zero-g episode 20~21 will be telecast 17:00
zero-g season2 is start!
BeyRaiderz honestly seems like a copy of scan2go from the desription i cant really say it is until it comes out i guess but still
Metal Fight Beyblade zero-g Episode 39-40 (20) New War

http://youtu.be/CwMrBSd24O0

There is no VOD in JEI TV.
So shot a video on Mobile Phone in only way.
Here is another link of Metal Fight Beyblade zero-g Episode 39-40 (20)

http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video....d=48261756

And where is upload or link next episode?
Wow. Can't believe they stopped releasing/making episodes right when it got interesting. This gives me a lot more hope that they will continue in a few months. Also i'm surprised they made the ray clone evil.
(Jun. 03, 2013  8:45 AM)Ultra Wrote: Wow. Can't believe they stopped releasing/making episodes right when it got interesting. This gives me a lot more hope that they will continue in a few months. Also i'm surprised they made the ray clone evil.
IMHO instead this is a great tricksy, they bet everything on the success had in these years, when the DVDs will be released with these new episodes everyone will buy them, and of course everyone will buy also the remaining beys, this is a double gain. I hope that will be some other tournaments in Japan.
However, thanks for the links armir!
Hey armir,

We already saw this episode, and sinec the Beyblade General forum is only about the toys, we would prefer if discussion on the new, unaired episodes took place in this topic inside the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum :

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Metal-Fi...discussion
Who's we exactly? That episode wasn't broadcast so it was new to most (like me) who didn't think the unaired episodes were on YouTube or elsewhere.