Beyblade dead in the UK

Have to start this thread again because some power hungry control freak idiot closed the last one. I just revisited the thread with the intention of asking if there’s been any progress on this front? Have you seen Beyblade making an appearance within the UK since we last thought they had given up on us? 

It’s weird because there are no stores stocking Beyblades other than TK max occasionally in their reject section where they are still too expensive. Despite two of the new seasons being on the UK Netflix and the Beyblade official channel uploading content to YouTube which is also available to watch in the UK.
If it was deleted then it was deleted for a reason. Don't be rude.
(Nov. 22, 2020  2:13 PM)UltimateSaizo Wrote: It’s weird because there are no stores stocking Beyblades other than TK max occasionally in their reject section where they are still too expensive. Despite two of the new seasons being on the UK Netflix and the Beyblade official channel uploading content to YouTube which is also available to watch in the UK.

If you don't mind me asking, what beys did you see in TK Maxx whenever they had them at all? I'm curious to see whether they're actually anything new, or is it still just the first season of Burst and first wave of Evolution?
(Nov. 22, 2020  2:23 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: If it was deleted then it was deleted for a reason. Don't be rude.

It was a perfectly okay thread that is clearly open to further discussion. Whoever deleted it was just a fat man enjoying his little bit of power.

(Nov. 22, 2020  3:59 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2020  2:13 PM)UltimateSaizo Wrote: It’s weird because there are no stores stocking Beyblades other than TK max occasionally in their reject section where they are still too expensive. Despite two of the new seasons being on the UK Netflix and the Beyblade official channel uploading content to YouTube which is also available to watch in the UK.

If you don't mind me asking, what beys did you see in TK Maxx whenever they had them at all? I'm curious to see whether they're actually anything new, or is it still just the first season of Burst and first wave of Evolution?

I found one Victory Valtryek box set to be honest. In a branch in Wimbledon Just before our second lockdown. Just a shiny box with Valtryek and a launcher.
Let's be civil, regardless of what you think of the person. While you're understandably frustrated, hurling terms like that around is a bit childish and most certainly doesn't fall within our community guidelines. Let's just leave it at that and move on.

I can confirm the TK Maxx sightings (at a branch a little bit outside of Bristol), but it's all older stock that they've very clearly bought up to fit into their clearance-style toy section. Can't say I've seen anything else; Smyths was doing them for a little bit up until the end of Evolution but dropped off then, and I haven't seen anything since.

Suffice to say, anything you spot at the moment will definitely be clearance or imported products given Hasbro's seemingly-complete pullout from the UK in regards to Beyblade. Always worth asking their support team via their site if they have any plans to continue within the UK, but I do expect they'll continue to give a non-answer leaning towards no, haha.
Ok. he was probably a very nice fat man imposing his interpretation of some well thought out rules.

(Nov. 22, 2020  6:52 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I can confirm the TK Maxx sightings (at a branch a little bit outside of Bristol), but it's all older stock that they've very clearly bought up to fit into their clearance-style toy section. Can't say I've seen anything else; Smyths was doing them for a little bit up until the end of Evolution but dropped off then, and I haven't seen anything since.

You've seen the line go as far as the end of Evolution? Because the furthest I've seen the Beyblade Burst line go in the UK was the first wave of Evolution, in Sainsburys and Tesco. After that, it pretty much died here because of how poorly they sold.
(Nov. 22, 2020  8:04 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2020  6:52 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I can confirm the TK Maxx sightings (at a branch a little bit outside of Bristol), but it's all older stock that they've very clearly bought up to fit into their clearance-style toy section. Can't say I've seen anything else; Smyths was doing them for a little bit up until the end of Evolution but dropped off then, and I haven't seen anything since.

You've seen the line go as far as the end of Evolution? Because the furthest I've seen the Beyblade Burst line go in the UK is the first wave of Evolution, in Sainsburys and Tesco. After that, it pretty much died here because of how poorly they sold.

... because of how expensive the stuff was. £10 for a booster with no way to launch it
I think in terms of my beyblade burst sightings. (Not current sightings mind you)

Toys R Us - Single/Dual Layer stuff, single layer double packs.

Home Bargains - The Micro Bey stadium set.

Sainsbury's - Later Dual Layer double packs and first wave Evolution stuff.

TESCO - Single layer and dual layer boosters/starters. Evolution first wave for a bit.

Hamleys - Single layer and dual layers starters and two packs. The London one in particular had dual layer two packs not found elsewhere, such as the Gaia one.

Symths - I only found single/dual layer starters.

Most of them are no longer there and I'm not even sure if they're there anymore. This was what I found throughout the years. I never found anything in TKmaxx IIRC.
(Nov. 22, 2020  8:05 PM)UltimateSaizo Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2020  8:04 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: You've seen the line go as far as the end of Evolution? Because the furthest I've seen the Beyblade Burst line go in the UK is the first wave of Evolution, in Sainsburys and Tesco. After that, it pretty much died here because of how poorly they sold.

... because of how expensive the stuff was. £10 for a booster with no way to launch it

They were admittedly rather expensive, going as high as £14 which would've destroyed the consumer's wallet. That and the lack of marketing here too, they just sort of faded in and faded out.

With the original series, there was a lot of marketing and hype in the UK. They remain as the only time the franchise was popular here. MFB didn't do quite as well, often warming up the shelves but did a bit better than Burst did here.
It is a real shame it's fallen on itself here in the UK. The early 2000's were great, crowds of kids around 2 or 3 that actually had Beyblades and a stadium to battle in, the school not knowing if they should be banned, etc.

I missed the HMS product line unfortunately, I never saw it advertised and somehow missed the TV episodes. I caught Metal Fusion at the end of that whole mechanical system when they were in the Entertainer on clearance, Burst I only found out about last year (didn't log in on the WBO too often in the last few years) . After G-Revolution finished on TV the first time round I never saw Beyblades on TV nor in shops again after that here in the UK, a real shame and probably why I've made several parts for myself in the last few years.
unfortunately Beyblade is dead in Italy too...
Last animation we have seen was Beyblade burst evolution
I buy my beyblades in bulk from Hong Kong so I sell the rest to people who can't get them in the UK I live in the UK myself and I buy more with what I get from selling them