Beyblade Zero (Story & Sketches) [Hiatus]

UPDATED - News
Note: Please read the latest post for updated contents.

Basic story:
Himakami Mikan is a student council member of (Unnamed) Academy. Since the Artificial Spirits created for Beyblades were released, there's been more than enough trouble in the academy. The only way to counter the problem is to be a Beyblader herself. With the help of her childhood friend, Kagamine Rei and friends they began her counter attack to defend peace for the academy.

Characters Section:

Himekami Mikan

Kagamine Rei

Shen Liu Mei

Ashley Jones
(To be updated)

Kenny Saien
(To be updated)

[[To be Updated]]

Beyblade Section

Bey Launcher
The bey launcher is customizable but only the appearance.
The Bey launcher requires the user to "rip for the spin power (using the rip cord)" which appears on the (round) monitor of the bey launcher (there are two monitors, one for Spin Gauge (round) and one for the Parts Monitor [long]) and then launch (more like thrown) into the stadium.

Motor Launcher Basic
Basic Beyblade concept (5 Parts)
Beyblade Data

[[To be Updated]]

Story Section

The Artificial Spirits Plot:
1000 years ago humans and spirits worked together to stop natural disasters and world destruction. 300 years later, humans began to enslave these spirits for their own greed of power. The spirit kings then sealed all the spirits and themselves away so the humans can never use the spirits might again.
Now an organization known out through the entire world, created artificial spirits to manipulate the power that the legendary spirits used 700 years ago. But first it has to be given a will of its own with a living creature that has a strong mind, body, and soul.
[Note] In BBZ, the spirits is not just in the form beasts but it's also in humanoids forms too.

Manga Sample Page
Current Progress

Actually page one and two.

Definitions:

S-Memory (Spirit Memory): A device that stores the Artificial Spirit and the player's information which also activates the beyblade engine.

Artificial Spirit: A spirit which is given to the player from a new starter beyblade kit.
The steps are as:
1. Connect the Beyblade Launcher to the S-Memory to the computer.
2. Put user hand in the Launcher to register Launcher and S-Memory.
3. Artificial Spirit will automatically be picked to suit user's data.
4. Distribute bonus points to user's artificial spirit stats from ten (10) points to any of: Attack, Defense, Endurance.
5. Connect S-Memory to Beyblade. Done.

(Explaining it like this is easier since it's also use in the story.)
[[To be Updated]]
Nice drawing! The lines are soo perfect.. And the launcher looks amazing.
OH my god rthat looks like ryuugas bey holding device
youve got some real talent
your through to the next round lol
so it's yugioh gx with beyblades
Updated Main Characters list:
"Shen Liu Mei"
"Ashley Jones"
"Kenny Saien" <<< A Beyblade story without Kenny is not Beyblade...
These drawings are good but i agree with Brad its like yu-gi-oh GX.
(Apr. 07, 2010  2:29 PM)Beyunit-DL Wrote: These drawings are good but i agree with Brad its like yu-gi-oh GX.

It's ok the only resemblance is the gauntlet but other than that, it's completely different and I still need to describe the machine of how it works also where the idea came from.
And the second resemblance is the academy. btw is this going to be a manga or a fan made anime?
A female main protagonist in Beyblade? Now that's just silly XD

Also, Kagamine Rei kinda looks like Kagamine Ren, the Vocaloid

Nice drawings Joyful_3
(Apr. 07, 2010  2:41 PM)Beyunit-DL Wrote: And the second resemblance is the academy. btw is this going to be a manga or a fan made anime?

It's just a regular Academy. It doesn't have any special Beyblade classes or something like that except, the headmaster of the academy is a Beyblade fan which is later revealed. And it's going to be a doujin manga if I can find helpers for background, effects, beyblade settings etc.

(Apr. 07, 2010  2:49 PM)Dude Wrote: A female main protagonist in Beyblade? Now that's just silly XD

Also, Kagamine Rei kinda looks like Kagamine Ren, the Vocaloid

Nice drawings Joyful_3

A female protagonist is not silly. In fact, the story involves around the criticism of female beybladers too and now that you mentioned it, Rei does look like Ren... (noooooooo!!!) I swear that it's completely coincidence and it's not a plagiarism and Kagamine is random. Rei was originally going to be Zero (Rei means Zero in japanese) but that his pen name in the Beyblade tournament that Mikan didn't know about. Talk about spoilers...
I was just joking, mainly on the fact that girls only have extremely small roles in the Beyblade universe, both in MFB and the original. Having a girl as the hero is really cool, I find ^^'

So! Who's the antagonist?
(Apr. 07, 2010  4:06 PM)Dude Wrote: I was just joking, mainly on the fact that girls only have extremely small roles in the Beyblade universe, both in MFB and the original. Having a girl as the hero is really cool, I find ^^'

So! Who's the antagonist?

It's Rei, since they're childhood friends.
The story is involved mostly around Mikan while trying to bring peace to the academy and while trying to surpass Rei. While Rei has a carefree character, Mikan is the aggressive type and she also has a cute-tsundere side to her.
(Apr. 07, 2010  5:52 PM)vza004 Wrote: It's Rei, since they're childhood friends.
The story is involved mostly around Mikan while trying to bring peace to the academy and while trying to surpass Rei. While Rei has a carefree character, Mikan is the aggressive type and she also has a cute-tsundere side to her.

I can't wait for when you finish it ;D the art has already blown me away Grin
Yeah, this is awesome! I don't know anybody who can draw better! (There is this girl in my class that draws stuff, but she's not nearly as great as you are.) Maybe one day, Mikan will be one of the very few famous female characters in history.
It's really good.
(Apr. 07, 2010  9:27 PM)SonicManEXE Wrote: Yeah, this is awesome! I don't know anybody who can draw better! (There is this girl in my class that draws stuff, but she's not nearly as great as you are.) Maybe one day, Mikan will be one of the very few famous female characters in history.

WOW u draw good man! i draw some made up beyblade storys (im an artist just like u : anime drawing) but i think your a hundred times better than me Joyful_2 cnat wait till the end
if you want, could i post some of mine in your thread?? juist to show you and you can give me some tips lol

anyways still, nice drawing!! Eee
(Apr. 08, 2010  2:33 AM)EpicNinja Wrote: WOW u draw good man! i draw some made up beyblade storys (im an artist just like u : anime drawing) but i think your a hundred times better than me Joyful_2 cnat wait till the end
if you want, could i post some of mine in your thread?? juist to show you and you can give me some tips lol

anyways still, nice drawing!! Eee

Sure I need all the support so I can get motivated to actually get this done so, go ahead.
Awsome pics but....... i havent seen a single beyblade
(Apr. 08, 2010  2:49 AM)FOOF! Wrote: Awsome pics but....... i havent seen a single beyblade

They're coming, you just gotta wait. I'm currently researching about Beyblade designs to make them effectively spec-wise and view-wise. Even though they're just sci-fi spinning tops, they gotta sound real as they can get.
(Apr. 08, 2010  2:37 AM)vza004 Wrote: Sure I need all the support so I can get motivated to actually get this done so, go ahead.

kk thanks though i could help with beyblades ill post and u can use them (if i didnt post "u can use them and my teacher had wbo she would sue u : shes serious about copying)
(Apr. 08, 2010  2:53 AM)EpicNinja Wrote: kk thanks though i could help with beyblades ill post and u can use them (if i didnt post "u can use them and my teacher had wbo she would sue u : shes serious about copying)

Copy Rights are very important that's why. I wouldn't want to post my designs where I can't trust too and thanks.
(Apr. 08, 2010  2:52 AM)vza004 Wrote: They're coming, you just gotta wait. I'm currently researching about Beyblade designs to make them effectively spec-wise and view-wise. Even though they're just sci-fi spinning tops, they gotta sound real as they can get.

sounds like alot of work cant wait to see them, sounds awsome!
Updated:
"Basic Beyblade concept"
Story Section - "Definitions"
(Apr. 08, 2010  2:53 AM)EpicNinja Wrote: kk thanks though i could help with beyblades ill post and u can use them (if i didnt post "u can use them and my teacher had wbo she would sue u : shes serious about copying)

Oops I read it again and I just realized that I've read it wrong. Sorry (This is so embarrassing...). Anyway, I'll be glad to help if you need my assistance.