Beyblade Zero (Story & Sketches) [Hiatus]

Updated
Story Section - "Manga Sample Page"
Tell me what you guys think.
WOW your drawings are really good but Kagamine Rei' shirt reminds me of Brooklyn's and Kagamine sounds like Hagane with an I in it but other than that it's really good Stupid
(Apr. 10, 2010  8:26 PM)BDaichi Wrote: Looks so beast!

They are modeled after the "Heavy Metal" beyblades, since they have a lot of features in them.

(Apr. 10, 2010  8:34 PM)Sora Wrote: WOW your drawings are really good but Kagamine Rei' shirt reminds me of Brooklyn's and Kagamine sounds like Hagane with an I in it but other than that it's really good Stupid

Rei's style: sweater under school blazer.
"Kagamine" (Split into 2 parts of translation) "Kagami" means "Mirror" and "ne" means "sound."
"Hagane" means "Edge Metal, Steel."
(Apr. 07, 2010  5:52 PM)vza004 Wrote: It's Rei, since they're childhood friends.
The story is involved mostly around Mikan while trying to bring peace to the academy and while trying to surpass Rei. While Rei has a carefree character, Mikan is the aggressive type and she also has a cute-tsundere side to her.

Rei is the antagonist? Lolwut? I thought he was helping Mikan to do something or whatever...
(Apr. 11, 2010  1:31 AM)NAP Wrote: Rei is the antagonist? Lolwut? I thought he was helping Mikan to do something or whatever...

Antagonist = Rival no?
She's competing with him, but he's not.
(Apr. 11, 2010  2:40 AM)vza004 Wrote: Antagonist = Rival no?
She's competing with him, but he's not.

I guess, but when pertaining to literature the word most often leans toward the main "villan" of the story, therefore a discrepancy rose.

Who is the primary antagonist then? lol
(Apr. 11, 2010  3:10 AM)NAP Wrote: I guess, but when pertaining to literature the word most often leans toward the main "villan" of the story, therefore a discrepancy rose.

Who is the primary antagonist then? lol

I was thinking of someone who is related to Rei. Most likely Rei's older brother or something along those lines. Haven't really think about it yet. Since it's still far towards the middle part of the story and I'm having a hard time with the manga panel layouts.
BBZ News Update:

The News:
It looks like I'm going to put Beyblade Zero on Slow-Mo update.

The Why:
A secrete manga project.

It's not like I'm going to stop updating this doujinshi. Beyblade is still my favorite but Valentin personally PM me about it.
Impressive system design, looks like it goes back to the epic days of beyblade when it was plastic. Bla bla bla....
Updated

Story Section - "Current Progress" page 1 and 2.

Sorry for the slow update. I'm just so busy these days.
Like a week ago, I had back pain because I did some rush work (flipping hard long black bags, floaters maybe???) for my mom which she suddenly request. Three days after that, I helped my cousin moved. He didn't have much to move but moving from the third floor (has very steep stairs) with heavy stuff and only three men, it's tiring. I didn't even come home till 10 pm and the next day, muscle pain. I didn't even want to move considering that I've just recovered from back pain. The next two days after that, I had to do rush work again. I had to flip over 100 bags because her boss's client wanted the bags immediately and now my thumbs and fingers hurts. Thank god (or not) it only hurt half a day. Right now I'm still drawing the manga while planning the manga altogether in real-time (HA! like it's a game). I'm not a future planner kinda guy so, stuff just a little bit slower (~_~). Well, continue to stay tuned for chapter 1!!
(Apr. 27, 2010  2:08 AM)vza004 Wrote: Updated

Story Section - "Current Progress" page 1 and 2.

Sorry for the slow update. I'm just so busy these days.
Like a week ago, I had back pain because I did some rush work (flipping hard long black bags, floaters maybe???) for my mom which she suddenly request. Three days after that, I helped my cousin moved. He didn't have much to move but moving from the third floor (has very steep stairs) with heavy stuff and only three men, it's tiring. I didn't even come home till 10 pm and the next day, muscle pain. I didn't even want to move considering that I've just recovered from back pain. The next two days after that, I had to do rush work again. I had to flip over 100 bags because her boss's client wanted the bags immediately and now my thumbs and fingers hurts. Thank god (or not) it only hurt half a day. Right now I'm still drawing the manga while planning the manga altogether in real-time (HA! like it's a game). I'm not a future planner kinda guy so, stuff just a little bit slower (~_~). Well, continue to stay tuned for chapter 1!!

Very nice drawings Smile Me and Lorenzo are gonna make our pages better soon using Open Canvas Smile
Thanks again for all your help VZA, your such a legend Smile
(Apr. 27, 2010  8:56 PM)mezz Wrote: Very nice drawings Smile Me and Lorenzo are gonna make our pages better soon using Open Canvas Smile

I'm not gonna lie, Open Canvas is a pain because there's no tutorials for it!! I only use it to sketch because it's smoother than CS3 and MS (because it uses less RAM) and the tools that you need are scattered around. The best option is to use Paint Tool SAI or Gimp since there's alot of tutorial for them.
(Apr. 27, 2010  10:36 PM)vza004 Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2010  8:56 PM)mezz Wrote: Very nice drawings Smile Me and Lorenzo are gonna make our pages better soon using Open Canvas Smile

I'm not gonna lie, Open Canvas is a pain because there's no tutorials for it!! I only use it to sketch because it's smoother than CS3 and MS (because it uses less RAM) and the tools that you need are scattered around. The best option is to use Paint Tool SAI or Gimp since there's alot of tutorial for them.

Ahh we found that out our selves, btu we are using GIMP now. Thank you
BBZ News Update:

Out gathering materials for the doujinshi.
Will update the characters sketch in a few days.
Updated

Beyblade Section - "Beyblade Data"
Terra Series, Terra Barrier - Hekusu (concept sketch)

It doesn't have any details on it yet. I'll update the Terra Barrier bey design details later.
Terra Barrier is one of the 4 beyblades in the Terra Series which the other 3 are Terra Shield, Terra Bit Protector (These two are the beyblades that is on the "Manga Sample Page" in the Story Section.) and Terra Diamond.
They're are not the main characters beyblade but, they're stuck in my mind. So, I had to do them first.

After the Terra Series comes the...
Fang Series (Katanamaru - Mikan's)
Metal Series (Metal O - Rei's)
Aria Series (Aria Cutter - Ashley's)
Accel Series (San-Goku Accel - Mei's)
Shadow Series (Orochi Zero - Kumori's)
and more...
0_0 wow nice well want a game with it ?
(keeping the launchers,beasts,characters,etc. except the beyblades unless you can provide sprites.)
if you don't know what a sprite is well i can tell you.
its the equivalent of an image in pixel.
anyway if you want it to be a game well you can contact me : )
the way that beyblade gravity is is simply customizable bit beasts since if i adapt your story to my game,
it does like this.
''on old times beyblade was a big sport until darkness corrupted the bit beasts that inhabit the beyblades,
then the four bit beasts and their users sacrificed the bit beast powers to seal the power of the bit beasts away...
years have passed and beyblade was forgot to anyone until the seal preventing the bit beasts from appearing grows weaker and the darkness waiting to destroy the world.
Uncover the past to defeat the growing darkness with customizable bit beasts.''
well if i put your launcher as customizable too its gonna be one hell of a game : )
well beyblade gravity needs a story,an identity to be diffrent
(May. 07, 2010  5:42 AM)Zone51 Wrote: 0_0 wow nice well want a game with it ?
(keeping the launchers,beasts,characters,etc. except the beyblades unless you can provide sprites.)
if you don't know what a sprite is well i can tell you.
its the equivalent of an image in pixel.
anyway if you want it to be a game well you can contact me : )
the way that beyblade gravity is is simply customizable bit beasts since if i adapt your story to my game,
it does like this.
''on old times beyblade was a big sport until darkness corrupted the bit beasts that inhabit the beyblades,
then the four bit beasts and their users sacrificed the bit beast powers to seal the power of the bit beasts away...
years have passed and beyblade was forgot to anyone until the seal preventing the bit beasts from appearing grows weaker and the darkness waiting to destroy the world.
Uncover the past to defeat the growing darkness with customizable bit beasts.''
well if i put your launcher as customizable too its gonna be one hell of a game : )
well beyblade gravity needs a story,an identity to be diffrent

That's a nice idea. But I'm not looking for a game right now. I also know what sprites means because I been trying to make a game through RPGMaker and got bored because the game script/language is too confusing and I also have GameMaker installed trying to make a Megaman game.

Updated - "Beyblade Section" and "Story Section"

The Artificial Spirits Plot:
1000 years ago humans and spirits worked together to stop natural disasters and world destruction. 300 years later, humans began to enslave these spirits for their own greed of power. The spirit kings then sealed all the spirits and themselves away so the humans can never use the spirits might again.
Now an organization known out through the entire world, created artificial spirits to manipulate the power that the legendary spirits used 700 years ago. But first it has to be given a will of its own with a living creature that has a strong mind, body, and soul.

[Note] In BBZ, the spirits is not just in the form beasts but it's also in humanoids forms too.

The bey launcher is customizable but only the appearance.
The Bey launcher requires the user to "rip for the spin power (using the rip cord)" which appears on the (round) monitor of the bey launcher (there are two monitors, one for Spin Gauge (round) and one for the Parts Monitor [long]) and then launch (more like thrown) into the stadium.
well anyway if you want to get a game done im here to make the idea a game and the launcher design is awesome : )
nice. what program do you use for the manga?
(May. 07, 2010  6:49 PM)Zone51 Wrote: well anyway if you want to get a game done im here to make the idea a game and the launcher design is awesome : )

I've played you're game and it's awesome. It's just that I suck

(May. 07, 2010  7:06 PM)Taru Wrote: nice. what program do you use for the manga?

I use...
Open Canvas 4.15
Photoshop CS3 Extended
Manga Studio EX4

I also have SketchBook Pro and Paint Tool SAI
Wow, this really looks serious Chocked_2 This is much more professionnal than like three thirds of the stuff on "Your Creations" You even did some actual manga pages, this is impressive!

The only thing I can think of that could actually make this better is an actual antagonist. A rival is nice, but we need a guy (or a chick) to hate. Unless there is and I just didn't read it? '__' Anyway, keep up the good (excellent) work Joyful_3
(May. 08, 2010  12:50 AM)Dude Wrote: Wow, this really looks serious Chocked_2 This is much more professionnal than like three thirds of the stuff on "Your Creations" You even did some actual manga pages, this is impressive!

The only thing I can think of that could actually make this better is an actual antagonist. A rival is nice, but we need a guy (or a chick) to hate. Unless there is and I just didn't read it? '__' Anyway, keep up the good (excellent) work Joyful_3

I just whipped up the bad guy number 1. He's the owner of Orochi Zero, Kumori Kagamine. He's Rei's older brother. Bad guy number 2 is the world-scale organization.
I am seriously loving this.

Which reminds me.... I should get to my own fan fiction....

EDIT: I also left a horrible typo in a private message, shoot-me-now IS COMMENCED!