Beyblade Videos

i agree with every word kevo said.  

as an aside, frankly, this turbo rollout nonsense has caused me to lose a degree of respect for "unnamed"  channel.  i speculate the channel's team is protecting hasbro for the sake of protecting their views/access.  

everybody should do what they have to do, but being fake on youtube will crash your views faster than turbo killing off beyblade as a hobby will.

dont give us this "turbo is balancing the meta" and "this is a new and different meta" garbage.  that is spoon fed hasbro PR drivel.  dont sell out on the trust of your viewers for a few crumbs of access tossed from a grinning marketing rep in a hasbro polo.
(Oct. 25, 2018  4:37 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i agree with every word kevo said.  

as an aside, frankly, this turbo rollout nonsense has caused me to lose a degree of respect for "unnamed"  channel.  i speculate the channel's team is protecting hasbro for the sake of protecting their views/access.  

everybody should do what they have to do, but being fake on youtube will crash your views faster than turbo killing off beyblade as a hobby will.

dont give us this "turbo is balancing the meta" and "this is a new and different meta" garbage.  that is spoon fed hasbro PR drivel.  dont sell out on the trust of your viewers for a few crumbs of access tossed from a grinning marketing rep in a hasbro polo.

So on point with this
Turbo is bad for the game probably.  But the question is why is it happening.  Hasbro licenses Beyblades from TT does it not?   Usually the Licensee in these types of contracts will need approval from the Licensor to do something like this.  In some instances the licensor basically tells their licensee exactly what they can or cannot do or what they are going to do (prime example: Disney).

I’ve never read the contract between Hasbro and 
TT. It is hard for me to believe TT has no say in this.  And why would TT want/allow Hasbro to fail?  They don’t like the checks they get for licensing?   They want their brand to be less valuable worldwide?

I would think Hasbro does focus groups.  I suppose at least some people in their focus groups will absolutely hate the extra light Turbo bey idea.  So why do they do it?  It is hard for me to believe Hasbro is completely clueless.  And even if they are, why would TT let them jump off a cliff?  The ultimate answer is bottom line for sure.  They are a publicly traded company and obligated to make a profit for their investors.  But why this business decision?

I don’t know the answer but it just doesn’t make sense.  Also Young Toys is not doing this.  But I don’t know their business relationship with TT.  Maybe they are only a distributor?
@[RedPanda2], yeah I'm going to have to agree with Kevo too, he makes a really good point about how things are progressively made stronger to sell.

It also makes me realize that these light Turbo layers aren't balancing anything because from my understanding, Hasbro Requiem among other things will still dominate the Hasbro meta (though someone can correct me if I'm wrong), and normally we wait hoping a new strong attack layer be the solution, but it simply won't be the case now that they've nerfed them.
Thanks to @[Hato], I was able to get my hands on the first wave of SlingShock Starters. While I wasn't able to get the blue SlingShock Stadium, it's not the end of the world and I can always get it later. Like I said in the past, while I don't agree with Hasbro's decision to remove the metal and change the drivers to implement the SlingShock gimmick, I'm still looking forward to testing these parts, as someone has to of course.

The fourth and final Wave 1 SlingShock Starter unboxing had to be put in a new post bc of the video limit per post. Either way, all 4 vids are up!
Aiga's new raw power with Achilles may prove to be a challenge for Free & Fafnir.
Aiga's rematch with Valt has finally arrived.
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/JuW0sfefINs [/video]

Aiga & Achilles rampage hasn't stopped, but a mysterious blader known as Hearts has challenged him with his bey Dead Hades.
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/iEtg8dNtOBA [/video]