Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 09, 2012  3:45 AM)Hazel Wrote: Just so we're clear, using made-up nicknames for things occasionally incites warnings, depending on how adamant you are about it.

See: the entire Lightning Tank/Maximum Meteor/that thing Kei made up debacle.

You guys really should make a sticky with all these rules. I know it's common sense to some of us, but for a lot of people, it comes out of left field.

leon: it's PC/PVC, not metal.

"LDG/LDD's PC Core" will do, I think?
I agree. "LDD/LDG PC Core" is fine IMO

Now do you see how far behind i am th!nk? (in reference to our earlier discusion) I mixed up almost all of the basic 4D terminology just then haha
Yo just spend 4 extra seconds and write the whole thing. I get so confused when people write LLD, LDD, and LDG. If they're in the same paragraph I start losing track of what the person's saying.
I write it so often, I get tired. Like I do with 50 rounds of testing of the same things.

Sorry, Shabalabadoooooo, you just have to settle for the fact that you are, in fact, a super-human beast.
i hate the beylauncher

it hurts my hand so much (and it doesn't help that i no longer have a grip), to bad my light launcher 2 doesn't give me enough power...

about L-drago Guardian, L-drago Destroy, and Lightning L-drago.
is it really that hard to type, it takes just a couple more seconds of our time to type down.

and i agree with Shabalabadoo, seeing multiple LLD and LDD really does confuse me sometimes (wait, which one was he talking about there, and what about over there?)
Shabalabadoo's name is like a huge middle finger to all those who abbreviate anything longer than 5 letters, hahaha! =D

I agree with th!nk. I generaly use abbreviations like that only for L-Drago, only because writing L-Drago's full name over and over agian for testing, discussion, (etc) does get rather inconvenient. Other than that, parts of beys (Performance Tips, Spin Tracks, Weight Disks, Attack Rings, etc) and the names of bey parts (i.e.Semi-flat, which are really already abbreviated) are all that I abbreviate, along with the occasional stadium name. I would never dare to call Storm Pegasis "ST" or Sliding Shoot "SL"; Those are just ridiculous.

Oh and when I pm someone on these forums I generaly end with a "LT13". I guess that counts.
I don't know if any notice that the Ldrago beys are often stronger than the Pegasis beys, I mean even not customised.
In tests where you obviously have to repeat the name twenty times, I would understand abbreviating, but if you are just casually discussing it like we have been for the last few posts, in my opinion everybody should make that effort.
...most uncustomized beys are terrible, and your statement really has no definative truth to it
(Jan. 09, 2012  5:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: In tests where you obviously have to repeat the name twenty times, I would understand abbreviating, but if you are just casually discussing it like we have been for the last few posts, in my opinion everybody should make that effort.

That is something that I could agree with.
I'm buying Diablo Nemesis XGrin at the same time I'm buying Force Dragren, coincidentally, the are both part of the "Dragon Campaign" from TT.
I love Fang Leone! ♥ its my favourite bey
(Jan. 09, 2012  5:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: In tests where you obviously have to repeat the name twenty times, I would understand abbreviating, but if you are just casually discussing it like we have been for the last few posts, in my opinion everybody should make that effort.

Well, I agree to that. Smile
Its rather more confusing for newcomers. I've usually received PMs from members who wish to know what is LLD, MLD, etc.
I myself use these short forms too much as I am probably habituated to it from the time I arrived in this forum. But yes, I'll put in that "extra effort" whenever required. Smile
As for the confusion, when it was just Lightning and Meteo, the confusion was limited to the newcomer crowd. But as the abbreviations LDD and LDG made it into the game, the confusion fairly increased. It was the toughest to differentiate between LLD and LDD.
The confusion is resolved once full names are used though. Smile
I always found it amusing as to why people actually started calling the L Drago series beys by that name(LLD, MLD, LDD, LDG). OK, they have to be used with their respective Clear Wheels and hence the mention. But come on, it is pretty much obvious that they have to be used with their respective Clear Wheels only. Smile
Gravity never got a short form to it(as the abbreviation "GP" was quite confusing), and nor was it referred to as "Gravity Perseus" as a whole in most cases.

I hope abbreviations like- CW, MW, etc aren't problematic though. Tongue_out jk.
Hopefully there is some new information on Flash Sagittario, because the fact I know so little about it is just annoying me.
TBH, I prefer referring to the L-Drago's by their MW (or Metal Frame for 4D's) since they can't be swapped with any other CW/Core anyways. So like Jan said, maybe just calling them Lightning, Meteo, Destroy, or Guardian would be best.

I just refer to Gravity Perseus as Gravity normally, and I think it's a convenient method for those who don't wish to write out the entire thing out, but still be clear as to what they are referring to. (Note: For the different types of CW for Gravity and Meteo, then you could probably say the full name. Otherwise I think that this example would work just fine.)
I just noticed....
that Hasbro Trypio is better than Takara Trypio....lolz (The angle the Propellers are angled)
Anyone care to take pics of a Hasbro (and Takara if possible?)
That is generaly well known. Due to saftey standard differences, because of Trypio's literal flywheel effect, the AR was altered a bit in Hasbro's version to provide a safer game. It is comparable to Q in MFB. Less gimmick = better results

Who needs toy helicopters when you own a Takara Trypio in left spin? =D
A random thought about the Driger V2 again. I posted it before on the Photo gallery thread that I noticed there are 2 different molds for the Support Part. I noticed this way beforehand but kept silent. For those who didn't look, my Driger V2 SP had the ramps separated while the other mold (found on Beywiki) has the ramps merged together that it looks like an actual ramp. I know it was probably changed to prevent fragility and breaks in the SP. However Beywiki never mentioned about the 2 different molds - but on second thought they did mention that Hasbro used reinforced plastic on Driger V2 which would probably be for the SP. But my friend had the same SP on his V2 as the one who posted in the Photo gallery and he said his Driger V2 was Takara

Though there are 2 molds for the SP, I like my V2's SP mold, even though it is more fragile than the other mold. Maybe I should take a photo of my Driger V2 SP mold for Beywiki to show the difference...
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:19 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: I just noticed....
that Hasbro Trypio is better than Takara Trypio....lolz (The angle the Propellers are angled)
Anyone care to take pics of a Hasbro (and Takara if possible?)

The hasbro one is flat, and has a round ring around it. This is well known. The hasbro mold had soem competitive using in hasbro stadiums on storm grip base.

(Jan. 10, 2012  5:32 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: That is generaly well known. Due to saftey standard differences, because of Trypio's literal flywheel effect, the AR was altered a bit in Hasbro's version to provide a safer game. It is comparable to Q in MFB. Less gimmick = better results

Who needs toy helicopters when you own a Takara Trypio in left spin? =D
It wasn't a flywheel effect at all, that's totally separate.

(Jan. 10, 2012  11:34 AM)Neko Fury Wrote: A random thought about the Driger V2 again. I posted it before on the Photo gallery thread that I noticed there are 2 different molds for the Support Part. I noticed this way beforehand but kept silent. For those who didn't look, my Driger V2 SP had the ramps separated while the other mold (found on Beywiki) has the ramps merged together that it looks like an actual ramp. I know it was probably changed to prevent fragility in the SP. However Beywiki never mentioned about the 2 different molds - but on second thought they did mention that Hasbro used reinforced plastic on Driger V2 which would probably be for the SP. But my friend had the same SP on his V2 as the one who posted in the Photo gallery and he said his Driger V2 was Takara

Though there are 2 molds for the SP, I like my V2's SP mold, even though it is more fragile than the other mold. Maybe I should take a photo of my Driger V2 SP mold for Beywiki to show the difference...

Yeah, I'm well aware of this and have mentioned it before, I own both molds. I imagine the combined one must be a later mold due to breakage issues, or something.
One thing I hate about MFB compared to plastics is that while with plastics the earlier stuff has lots of use which with MFB it has none at all. As the newer stuff comes out the older generations parts become completely useless, her are the parts from earlier generations that still have good uses today (D, WD, RF, CH120) The metal system all suck compared to anything we've got now. I guess the only advantage of this is that we won't all be chasing after the very rare earlier releases as much since they all suck.
Yeah, with MFB there has been that huge weight increase over time, as a result of metal being the main material now. It's really a shame.

But there is an antidote: Play plastics Tongue_out
(Jan. 10, 2012  12:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, I'm well aware of this and have mentioned it before, I own both molds. I imagine the combined one must be a later mold due to breakage issues, or something.

I was thinking about that too, the combined one being a 2nd mold of the Driger V2 SP. I also mentioned that in the Photo Gallery Stupid

I have played numerous battles with it (but not too much) and in the SP, you can see white lines or marks coming from the outside of the ramp in the SP. It comes to show that the first mold (as I call it) of the Driger V2 SP is pretty fragile.
Hmmm, well, I'll look into adding it to the driger V2 article if I remember. To be honest, the article needs a little bit of a revamp, it doesn't really do the bey much justice, but yeah.
(Jan. 10, 2012  12:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, with MFB there has been that huge weight increase over time, as a result of metal being the main material now. It's really a shame.

But there is an antidote: Play plastics Tongue_out

And that antidote, is a threat to the very existence of MFB. Tongue_out
Come on, once you put those full-plastic tops upon a launcher; and launch it inside a stadium, you are bound to feel as if you are in heaven. Tongue_out
To be honest, if I had the choice of TT producing plastics again, and continuing MFB, I think we all know MFB would be doomed.
Yuss! That is more than just true. Joyful_2
And, if HMS came in, then.... Pinching_eyes_2
MFB- "Its all over! The world is ending!"
Plastics- "Woot! I was just recently resurrected... And this?!"
HMS- "Don't worry, plastics! I will rule the Beyblade market in a coalition with you!"