Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 10, 2012  2:57 PM)th!nk Wrote: To be honest, if I had the choice of TT producing plastics again, and continuing MFB, I think we all know MFB would be doomed.

I'd pick HMS over either. MFB is too crazy, and Plastics break too much.

Balance.
There will be something, possibly just a side toyline, that will be called "Beyblade Zero G" in the upcoming months. Here is the logo :
[Image: beybladezerog.jpg]

Zero gravity ? I would think it is just like the Super Control Beyblades where they are not supposed to be mixed with regular Beyblades, or it is a new series. Technically we are not supposed to get a new series before a while though, because the third season will not finish this Spring yet.
I'd not be surprised, after the release of Crash and Cloud, if Zero G was the Takara Equivalent of XTS/Tornado Battlers.

(Jan. 10, 2012  3:10 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2012  2:57 PM)th!nk Wrote: To be honest, if I had the choice of TT producing plastics again, and continuing MFB, I think we all know MFB would be doomed.

I'd pick HMS over either. MFB is too crazy, and Plastics break too much.

Balance.

Apparently the breakage issues in HMS are pretty severe, and the competitive metagame is something like 5-6 combo's. I was reading the threads from BBF, and it sounded like a lot of people were disappointed by that lack of versatility. They also shared my thoughts that they went in a completely incorrect direction after the wonderful V2 series (the peak of beyblade customisation, and probably design, too), but cutting back customisation with engine gears and their bases. That was a real shame Uncertain
I am definitely going to be passive-aggressive and make pot shot comments if this is something Hasbro-esque, like the super control beyblades.

You know, useless, illegal, dumb, insipid, etc.
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:43 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'd not be surprised, after the release of Crash and Cloud, if Zero G was the Takara Equivalent of XTS/Tornado Battlers.

Never. I trust TAKARA-TOMY way more than that, hah.
I did too, before they released Torch and Midnight, though they did add some weight to them. :\

What I secretly hope is they somehow improve on the MG system and we get levitating beyblade battles (hence zero-G), even if physics probably disagrees with me.
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:43 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'd not be surprised, after the release of Crash and Cloud, if Zero G was the Takara Equivalent of XTS/Tornado Battlers.

Never. I trust TAKARA-TOMY way more than that, hah.

You will have a wonderfully fat PM coming at you if this does turn out to be them releasing more Hasbro stuff.

With love. ♥
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: What I secretly hope is they somehow improve on the MG system and we get levitating beyblade battles (hence zero-G), even if physics probably disagrees with me.

I was probably gonna make mention of that, hehe! Grin
Its not really possible, but yeah! I would love to have some Magnetic beys in my MagneStadium! Joyful_2
Tbh the 4D system and engine gear systems are so much alike I wonder whether whether the 4D system will have the same rep that engine gear do. I mean Both of them limit customization and neither of them are useful. BGrin is the most useful 4D bottom and it sucks. I wondering if this era will also be looked back on as an era with very little versatility like with HMS. These are the only parts that have any proper use:

Metal wheels
Basalt (not too much)
Duo
Phantom
Death
Vari Ares
Blitz

Tracks
BD145
lowish tracks for stamina
TH170
Ch120
BGrin(possibly not)

Bottoms
EDS
CS
WD
D
RF
R2F

I might be over reacting though about the versatility thing.
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: ...
What I secretly hope is they somehow improve on the MG system and we get levitating beyblade battles (hence zero-G), even if physics probably disagrees with me.

That would be cool, though a levitating beyblade would have to qualify as the worst defense tip ever. Wink <slight breeze floats your beyblade out of the stadium = FAIL>
Well, the idea is that a special stadium would be produced with high walls, protecting beys from breezes, and, uhh, they'd somehow hit opponents over the top or flip them over?

I didn't really think it through well, but the existence of Tornado Battlers indicates to me that doing so is not really a prerequisite for beyblade-related-toy design.
(Jan. 10, 2012  7:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: I didn't really think it through well, but the existence of Tornado Battlers indicates to me that doing so is not really a prerequisite for beyblade-related-toy design.

Hilarious, sad, and true!

(Jan. 10, 2012  7:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: Well, the idea is that a special stadium would be produced with high walls, protecting beys from breezes, and, uhh, they'd somehow hit opponents over the top or flip them over?

Hmm. After doing some reading about the magnecore system is seems clear that there is a great deal of room for improvement, and some of it could be really cool gimmickwise...

Imagine an HMS Bearing Core 2 that is lined internally with copper wire. Add to that magnets that are placed on the outside of a weight disk instead of in the core. Hello electricity! You could have lights, etc. that are powered by the spin of the bey itself.

Also, by putting the magnets on the outside of the bey you increase the bey-bey magnetic interaction as well as the possibility of magnetically repelling stadium walls - "force fields" even!

I guess I've strayed into parts you'd like to see come true land, so I'll wrap it up here, but thanks for the thought th!nk! Smile
One thing I wish they did with the magnecore staduim is that they put some sory of magnetism on the staduim walls, It would made things eith really interesting, or the battles don't last for more than 15 seconds.. Personally I think MFB is more suited for magnecore (well the idea of magnets on beys) the increased weight would mean that the battles could be more controled. With plastics, if used offencively, the battle isn't as nearly entertaining as it could be.
Hehe, that gave me an idea: imagine if hasbro makes a new line of XTS called "Magneto-Battlers", with magnetic wheels xD
LOL I think it would be funny if I got Cloud and then got Aries face, Aries CW, 125 and D.
Then went to my friend's house and battled his stock Torch Aries, leaving him to wonder why he lost.
Torch Aries came with D btw...
Man, Takara Tomy have really slipped with the "making sure only legal things go together". I just stuck Diablo's metal frame on X: D, threw on basalt: Perfect fit. Also made Phantom Ultimate balance mode by putting that on upside down, gonna play around some more but wow.

Oh, and X: D is so bad no amount of weight can make it useful for anything. It could be decent, the XF mode has great tornado stall ability, and S2D seems to have decent stamina, but S mode basically kills everything worthwhile about it. I mean, without S mode, or if they'd made it XHF->XF (s tip at same level as bottom of hole, but not protruding) -> S2D or something. ANYTHING without the stupidity of S. Maybe they could have made the surrounds more of a WD shape? They really dropped the ball with X: D though. I mean, I know all 4D bottoms have been pretty bad (B: D was inconsistent and good at times, I guess, but yeah), but geeze, they had a concept that really could have been good here, and then screwed it all up by throwing on a Sharp tip and making it unavoidable. At least if it didn't have sharp, even with the sudden, random mode changes from even the lightest tap (often, launching changes the mode), it could have had some chance had one of the tips not been a black hole of uselessness and insipidity.

In UBM, you can even select to keep it in S mode. WHY NOT SET IT UP SO THAT WAS HF INSTEAD? :C

Speaking of insipid, the S tip is the same shape as the tip of Griffolyon's base, a tall, narrow ball, which just happens to be the most useless tip shape ever. Poor balance, poor grip, no movement. It's worse than Q.

But yeah: X: D's UBM mode killed by S.

EDIT: Ignore that, X: D is pretty terrible all around.
To be honest, with Torch/Cloud and Midnight/Crash being released in a random booster, does this confirm that it wouldn't make sense not to release Fury and Inferno in Volume 10?
I could see them doing it, and see them not doing it. I'd like to see Takara beef up Night a little, actually.

Oh, and back to the glitchiness of X: D (and glitchy is the best way to describe X: D), you can put Hell and Diablo's metal frame on to lock it into S2D (seems to have decent balance), and also put phantoms metal frame on XGrin, then put Hell on top, it locks it half way between S2D and XF modes, and is stupid heavy.
I miss magancore so much...it had so much potential to be incoperated into this game...

4D is the EG of MFB...anyone else seeing a pattern here? And these ZeroG beyblades are bound to be gimmicks. All signs that MFB is coming to an end...was a season 4 confirmed?

The only possible thing ZeroG could be other than a new gimmick is a season 4, or a new series. if the latter, than TTs logic would be to dump MFB before sales plumet even further, and rather than wait 5 years, take advantage of beyblades current remaining popularity, and start agian immediatly
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:35 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: The only possible thing ZeroG could be other than a new gimmick is a season 4, or a new series. if the latter, than TTs logic would be to dump MFB before sales plumet even further, and rather than wait 5 years, take advantage of beyblades current remaining popularity, and start agian immediatly

They would not sensibly advertise a completely new series of Beyblade in a magazine that talks about Metal Fight Beyblade, especially if they were thinking of dropping it already ...
i really hope that tt or hasbro does and old school series where they re reales some platic gens beys

(nearly 1000 pages here)
I sincerely doubt that would actually happen, they would have little appeal to kids who know only of MFB (which is a majority), especially as any decent MFB will generally always win a battle against a plastic, plus the launchers for plastics are small and fiddly, and they aren't compatible with MFB grips. It would be a lot of effort and expense, as much as I wish it would happen, I know full well that the chance of it happening is somewhere around the number 0.

They should re-release bump king though, for laffs.
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:11 AM)th!nk Wrote: Man, Takara Tomy have really slipped with the "making sure only legal things go together". I just stuck Diablo's metal frame on X: D, threw on basalt: Perfect fit. Also made Phantom Ultimate balance mode by putting that on upside down, gonna play around some more but wow.

Oh, and X: D is so bad no amount of weight can make it useful for anything. It could be decent, the XF mode has great tornado stall ability, and S2D seems to have decent stamina, but S mode basically kills everything worthwhile about it. I mean, without S mode, or if they'd made it XHF->XF (s tip at same level as bottom of hole, but not protruding) -> S2D or something. ANYTHING without the stupidity of S. Maybe they could have made the surrounds more of a WD shape? They really dropped the ball with X: D though. I mean, I know all 4D bottoms have been pretty bad (B: D was inconsistent and good at times, I guess, but yeah), but geeze, they had a concept that really could have been good here, and then screwed it all up by throwing on a Sharp tip and making it unavoidable. At least if it didn't have sharp, even with the sudden, random mode changes from even the lightest tap (often, launching changes the mode), it could have had some chance had one of the tips not been a black hole of uselessness and insipidity.

In UBM, you can even select to keep it in S mode. WHY NOT SET IT UP SO THAT WAS HF INSTEAD? :C

Speaking of insipid, the S tip is the same shape as the tip of Griffolyon's base, a tall, narrow ball, which just happens to be the most useless tip shape ever. Poor balance, poor grip, no movement. It's worse than Q.

But yeah: X: D's UBM mode killed by S.

EDIT: Ignore that, X: D is pretty terrible all around.

S is an "ultimate" stamina tip, that's why.
This is a balance type bey's part. TT would incorporate the best tip for Attack (according to them- XF), best tip for Defense (S²D), best tip for stamina (youknowwhat)
RF type tips have always remained Pegasus exclusive, so they need the best plastic tip for attack. For them, the most aggressively moving tip is the best. Hence, XF.
S²D... Nothing much I can say as its a new part... Its great for stamina, I know. But, its a Defense series tip; and ever D tip has been rated good for Defense by TT, but was WAY better in Stamina. Smile
S...
TT always held S tips in high regard... Its known already...
S2D is okay for stamina, but I'd take even an SD over it any day, and that is my least-favourite defense series tip.

But surely, after all this time, seeing how S tips perform at tournaments and in their own testing for new products etc, they would realise just how horrid that tip shape is?