Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Mar. 06, 2023  8:50 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2023  7:43 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: kinda spin steal is special to metal

wdym special to metal?
lke most beys that have it are metal

and also is astral spriggan the best db layer and what mode is its best
anyone heard of the big 5?
(Mar. 09, 2023  3:14 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: anyone heard of the big 5?
Maybe. I dont really know
(Mar. 12, 2023  9:55 AM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2023  3:14 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: anyone heard of the big 5?
Maybe. I dont really know

of the burst series I meant
(Mar. 06, 2023  7:43 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: kinda spin steal is special to metal

Not really.  Spin equalization was a thing long before MFB.
(Mar. 14, 2023  1:27 PM)Dracieleone Wrote:

Not really.  Spin equalization was a thing long before MFB.

I already know that. I said it was biggest debuted in MFB
(Mar. 14, 2023  2:10 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2023  1:27 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: Not really.  Spin equalization was a thing long before MFB.

I already know that. I said it was biggest debuted in MFB

When you say "special to metal", it sounds like you're saying "only metal fight has spin stealing"
(Mar. 16, 2023  8:16 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2023  2:10 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: I already know that. I said it was biggest debuted in MFB

When you say "special to metal", it sounds like you're saying "only metal fight has spin stealing"

Im not. Im saying it was most popular in time frame
Evo Belfyre 2 is sort of bound core for Hasbro, and it wasn't made a defense type. Ouch.
turbo best burst season. change my mind
(Apr. 11, 2023  2:57 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: turbo best burst season. change my mind

Aiga had so much plot armor that season and had many undeserved wins, and by the time he actually started developing the season was basically over
(Apr. 11, 2023  3:17 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2023  2:57 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: turbo best burst season. change my mind

Aiga had so much plot armor that season and had many undeserved wins, and by the time he actually started developing the season was basically over
True, but was there really a season where the main charater didn't have plot armour?
(Apr. 11, 2023  3:32 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2023  3:17 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Aiga had so much plot armor that season and had many undeserved wins, and by the time he actually started developing the season was basically over
True, but was there really a season where the main charater didn't have plot armour?

Almost every other season. Valt, Dante, Hygua and Hikaru, and (somewhat) Bel weren't these unstoppable beasts that never lost the second they touched a beyblade. They went through some sort of development before the final arc and lost a bunch. They were protected by the plot, but it wasnt as obvious as it was in turbo.
(Apr. 11, 2023  4:13 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2023  3:32 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: True, but was there really a season where the main charater didn't have plot armour?

Almost every other season. Valt, Dante, Hygua and Hikaru, and (somewhat) Bel weren't these unstoppable beasts that never lost the second they touched a beyblade. They went through some sort of development before the final arc and lost a bunch. They were protected by the plot, but it wasnt as obvious as it was in turbo.

Ok but Aiga wasn't like other main characters were. Aiga started out strong as he has practice in the jungle. Other main characters started out weak. Just because Aiga was stronger than average at the start dosent mean it makes turbo bad, infact it makes it better as the enemies and rivals are EVEN stronger so Aiga has to fight to his limit and reaches a whole new level of beyblade
(Apr. 11, 2023  7:39 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2023  4:13 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Almost every other season. Valt, Dante, Hygua and Hikaru, and (somewhat) Bel weren't these unstoppable beasts that never lost the second they touched a beyblade. They went through some sort of development before the final arc and lost a bunch. They were protected by the plot, but it wasnt as obvious as it was in turbo.

Ok but Aiga wasn't like other main characters were. Aiga started out strong as he has practice in the jungle. Other main characters started out weak. Just because Aiga was stronger than average at the start dosent mean it makes turbo bad, infact it makes it better as the enemies and rivals are EVEN stronger so Aiga has to fight to his limit and reaches a whole new level of beyblade

That’s just wrong. He isn’t physically strong in anyway, he just so happened to be good for the sake of the plot, because he was good at blading the  moment he had his first battle. He has plot armor and it shows. No explanation, no reasoning.
(Apr. 12, 2023  2:02 AM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2023  7:39 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Ok but Aiga wasn't like other main characters were. Aiga started out strong as he has practice in the jungle. Other main characters started out weak. Just because Aiga was stronger than average at the start dosent mean it makes turbo bad, infact it makes it better as the enemies and rivals are EVEN stronger so Aiga has to fight to his limit and reaches a whole new level of beyblade

That’s just wrong. He isn’t physically strong in anyway, he just so happened to be good for the sake of the plot, because he was good at blading the  moment he had his first battle. He has plot armor and it shows. No explanation, no reasoning
Dont forget that his bey isn't a ordinary bey. Its from the legend of achillies. And even though I get your point, He lived in the jungle and developed strength anf aligity his whole life.
(Apr. 12, 2023  8:24 AM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2023  2:02 AM)RalfBalf Wrote: That’s just wrong. He isn’t physically strong in anyway, he just so happened to be good for the sake of the plot, because he was good at blading the  moment he had his first battle. He has plot armor and it shows. No explanation, no reasoning
Dont forget that his bey isn't a ordinary bey. Its from the legend of achillies. And even though I get your point, He lived in the jungle and developed strength anf aligity his whole life.

What does his avatar have to do with anything
If you guys could make a gimmick for each different Pandora , what would they be?
(Apr. 12, 2023  2:09 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2023  8:24 AM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Dont forget that his bey isn't a ordinary bey. Its from the legend of achillies. And even though I get your point, He lived in the jungle and developed strength anf aligity his whole life.

What does his avatar have to do with anything

Well a beyblade avatar basically carries a blader in their fight
It would be cool to start a bey club at my high school again
Hypothetically, let's say I was to start posting testing threads again (Some w/YouTube videos showcasing the combo I'm testing); would anyone care? I remember posting a lot of my testing here a couple years ago, but I ultimately stopped due to lack of interest. I absolutely love testing combinations and giving/hearing thoughts on them, I just want to make sure it's worth posting the results here versus just sticking with the Discord server.
I coulda sworn that pri was low tier
(Apr. 28, 2023  2:02 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Hypothetically, let's say I was to start posting testing threads again (Some w/YouTube videos showcasing the combo I'm testing); would anyone care? I remember posting a lot of my testing here a couple years ago, but I ultimately stopped due to lack of interest. I absolutely love testing combinations and giving/hearing thoughts on them, I just want to make sure it's worth posting the results here versus just sticking with the Discord server.

I would care
(Apr. 11, 2023  4:13 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2023  3:32 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: True, but was there really a season where the main charater didn't have plot armour?

..What are you talking about?? Every single season had plot armor and literally every burst mc had plot armor during their season at one point or another, especially Bel and The brothers, and early s1 Valt.

Valt went from barely being able to launch a bey to the semi finals of a district tournament in the span of a week while beating bladers that outskilled and or had more experience than him despite the fact that he was still at a novice level/a rookie(akin to the criticism Aiga and other newer charcters get but nobody wants to grill Valt for this like they do to the others).

The brothers where carried by the legends in their first tournament then went from losing every battle to running thru every legend team in the last tournament and suddenly/magically their lack of coordination and teamwork -- the very thing costing them their battles -- was never an issue again.

Bel beat every legend in DB weeeeell before the season was even half way done. I think he even did it before episode 20 in the japanese dub, people are still vexxed about Aiga beating Lui before Valt did. Bel beat Lui in their very first battle despite not even knowing who he was, lost to Valt in their first battle then beat him immediately in a rematch -- the fastest character to beat post s2 Valt whom just reclaimed the belt btw meaning he should be stronger now than he was in the previous seasons, but let's all remain bitter about Aiga's near win on Valt that happened over 5 years ago.., Bel was finally able to beat Free after adding a third gear even tho he nearly beat him without it meaning he STILL had to upgrade to finally take him down, Bel had the clutchest victory ever against Shu that he definitely didn't earn or deserve especially at the time; what do you mean the other MCs being protected by plot wasn't as obvious in their seasons as it was in turbo?

Aiga also lost and struggled alot during turbo, he had to lose to Lui twice before beating him, took frequent losses to supporting characters like Houi(the archer guy), Suoh, Fubuki, Laban, Xavier, Kit, Kyle.. he even he lost to toko twice, he never beat Free in solo match losing to him twice which remains a point even to this day, went thru all of dread tower -- an entire revenge arc for his rematch with Hyde only to lose and get his bey broken, had to start from scratch to learn to build a proper bond with his bey, was trained and mentored by the best bladers in the world(Shu and Valt) and traveled to globe to train with the Z4 before his final battles to be properly prepared for them.

I can keep going but the point is that they didn't make Aiga a unbeatable unstoppable protag that had never struggled or developed as your implying so I fail to see where you're getting this mindset from. Aiga worked his butt off to get better throughout his season and had plenty of character developement, setbacks and achievements well before the end/final episodes of turbo and during them.

And finally, apologies for typing a whole dang textbook, but I just wanted to get the point across.

(Apr. 12, 2023  2:02 AM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2023  7:39 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Ok but Aiga wasn't like other main characters were. Aiga started out strong as he has practice in the jungle. Other main characters started out weak. Just because Aiga was stronger than average at the start dosent mean it makes turbo bad, infact it makes it better as the enemies and rivals are EVEN stronger so Aiga has to fight to his limit and reaches a whole new level of beyblade

That’s just wrong. He isn’t physically strong in anyway, he just so happened to be good for the sake of the plot, because he was good at blading the  moment he had his first battle. He has plot armor and it shows. No explanation, no reasoning.

This is just wrong. It was very clearly shown from the beginning that Aiga is a metal worker which is a profession that requires alot of strength, meaning that before Aiga even started blading he was and is physically strong. And that's combined this with his insane athleticism from growing up in nature, Aiga was not strong for no reason or without explanation.
I still think bringing back old characthers would up beyblades popularity