Beyblade Random Thoughts

[img] https://i.imgur.com/ZaUmPTt.jpg [/img]image test worked :D

nvm then big sad
metal saga was the most brutal
need more Beyblade gt format tournaments near south Florida specifically anywhere between Hollywood and Miami. any host out there wanna try and set one up?
If Beyblade was to be revived after two years when Burst ends, I feel the new generation will likely take more inspiration from Bakuten Shoot Beyblade than the other previous generations for a few reasons. It has been acknowledged that Beyblade sales have been decreasing in the last few years, especially with how Superking products were released and children these days not being into toys that much anymore. However, I noticed one hobby that is rather relevant and popular in Japan is model building especially when it comes to Gunpla and people building KR/Super Sentai model kits. I feel TT may want to capitalize it through Beyblade through whatever new system they may release in the future by appealing to that demographic. They would attract both old and new fans who may be fascinated with just collecting and building Beyblades by using a new system inspired by Bakuten Shoot Beyblade since putting those beys together is similar to model building.

I am aware this idea may seem a bit far-fetched and silly, but I thought it would be interesting to theory craft a bit about the future of Beyblade, especially with how current trends may affect a company's ability to target and attract new audiences for their products.
Anyone else miss New York/ Long Island tournaments?
Although I revisited this site much later in my life, I haven't seen Kai-V and Bey Brad on this forum for a while. Does anyone know what they're up to these days, and how they're doing?
(Apr. 15, 2022  10:29 PM)GRD Peter Wrote: Although I revisited this site much later in my life, I haven't seen Kai-V and Bay Brad on this forum for a while. Does anyone know what they're up to these days, and how they're doing?

No details to share about their personal lives hah, but they're both doing well.
(Apr. 16, 2022  4:07 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2022  10:29 PM)GRD Peter Wrote: Although I revisited this site much later in my life, I haven't seen Kai-V and Bay Brad on this forum for a while. Does anyone know what they're up to these days, and how they're doing?

No details to share about their personal lives hah, but they're both doing well.

That's good to hear. I'm guessing they still log in to the site if their last, visit status is anything to go by.

Bey Brad was nice.

I have wondered where Kai-V got that knowledge of the OG Beyblade series from. She said once that the writer for the OG Beyblade manga wanted to make Boris' personality darker, but his editor wouldn't allow it.
(Apr. 16, 2022  8:27 PM)GRD Peter Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2022  4:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: No details to share about their personal lives hah, but they're both doing well.

That's good to hear. I'm guessing they still log in to the site if their last, visit status is anything to go by.

Bey Brad was nice.

I have wondered where Kai-V got that knowledge of the OG Beyblade series from. She said once that the writer for the OG Beyblade manga wanted to make Boris' personality darker, but his editor wouldn't allow it.

Occasionally yes. Brad stops by discord a bit, and still has a major role within the legal structure of the org. 

Kai-V used to go through Japanese sites and blogs, probably found interviews.
Here are my thoughts on Gen 4

First of all, the anime should have a projected start and end from the start just because it’s popular doesn’t mean it has to keep going, that just makes the series get stale (looking at you Burst).

Second, I think the anime airing on TV would be great, and they seem to know this, with Sparking airing on TV last year. Third, I think they should lean towards supernatural elements more, part of what made Bakuten and Metal Fight so interesting to watch is the fantasy elements, while Burst just has a bunch of tournaments every season.

For toys, I think returning to a more primitive state with just Ringouts and Stamina would result in more interesting products. Gen 2 and 2 felt very varied because there’s a plethora of ways to knock something away or prevent that, it’s a general idea. This also brings the stadiums into play. Meanwhile Burst is tied to the teeth system, meaning most beys revolve around that. It’s no longer a general idea that can be taken multiple ways, it’s a blueprint that they can only slightly change so they can keep teeth.

Wanna add an engine? Go ahead. Wanna add magnets? Sure. You can do so many crazy things as long as a Beyblade can preform knockouts. Meanwhile Burst has to stick to a strict Layer, Disc, and Driver system. Every year they just find a way to make each of these things more complicated, but don’t radically change anything.

TLDR: Stick with KO’s and Stamina finishes because more ideas can come from them.

Also, sticking with a system for multiple years is great, but TT seems to understand this now,
(Apr. 17, 2022  2:42 PM)GHero Wrote: Here are my thoughts on Gen 4

First of all, the anime should have a projected start and end from the start just because it’s popular doesn’t mean it has to keep going, that just makes the series get stale (looking at you Burst).

Second, I think the anime airing on TV would be great, and they seem to know this, with Sparking airing on TV last year. Third, I think they should lean towards supernatural elements more, part of what made Bakuten and Metal Fight so interesting to watch is the fantasy elements, while Burst just has a bunch of tournaments every season.

For toys, I think returning to a more primitive state with just Ringouts and Stamina would result in more interesting products. Gen 2 and 2 felt very varied because there’s a plethora of ways to knock something away or prevent that, it’s a general idea. This also brings the stadiums into play. Meanwhile Burst is tied to the teeth system, meaning most beys revolve around that. It’s no longer a general idea that can be taken multiple ways, it’s a blueprint that they can only slightly change so they can keep teeth.

Wanna add an engine? Go ahead. Wanna add magnets? Sure. You can do so many crazy things as long as a Beyblade can preform knockouts. Meanwhile Burst has to stick to a strict Layer, Disc, and Driver system. Every year they just find a way to make each of these things more complicated, but don’t radically change anything.

TLDR: Stick with KO’s and Stamina finishes because more ideas can come from them.

Also, sticking with a system for multiple years is great, but TT seems to understand this now,

Not gonna say Burst was perfect, but neither was MFB. In the beginning I enjoyed Burst mostly because of it's simplicity, just turning three parts together. It's more complicated now, and has definitely run on for far longer than I expected, but there's a bigger issue than just "it went on for too long". The true issue is that it ran too far away from it's roots by making bursts too difficult. Sure, it's not impossible by any means, but it happens so rarely nowadays that it really lost the one thing that made it unique. If it had kept that in the main toyline, I feel like it would've been a lot better overall.

Giving it a defined beginning and end is bad for business however, and overall not a good idea for TT. Yes, it may get stale. It still makes profits. Returning the supernatural elements would be a good idea however, even if they have to pull some new threat from their behinds each season to keep it going it would help the anime seem less stale to fight a different kind of bad guy each season. Burst at least sort of succeeded by throwing out a big bad that would evolve over time, such as the terrifying Phi, but by then the "new main character per season" thing had begin and usually just annoyed me.

Burst's tooth system got in the way a lot. Shapes were restricted a ton, since hitting too hard would lead to self-bursts (seen early on a lot, though it also applied to things like Savior Valkyrie as well), and in general the ability for every layer to move away from hits by pushing against the teeth severely reduced the impacts on both the attacking and defending side. This is good for keeping your contacts in shape, but not so much for actually creating knockouts.

Complaining that the system didn't radically change is just folly though. Blade bases evolved and gained support parts and the like, they didn't fundamentally change either. MFB metal wheels changed twice, but were still so fundamentally equivalent too. The only times it massively changed, we got HMS beys and Zero-G beys, one which is an entire new system while the other was considered a total failure and killed off early. No, radical changes are not needed. If anything Burst's big issue is that it changed too much away from it's origin. It needed to change less, not more.

I do agree, Beyblade is much better when it's KO focused. In that regard the best solution I have for a future generation is somewhat of a hybrid between Burst and older generations. I love Burst's simple assembly. Keep that sort of ease, but keep the layer from moving or flying off when assembled so the designs can be more intrinsically KO focused. Make more varied heights, that did help make the plastic and MFB gens more interesting but was harder in Burst where layer contact was necessary. Burst had it mostly right with the large driver idea, it allowed a lot more variety in tips compared to MFB which had too many variants of the same things and far fewer tips that were unique from other designs.

That is what I really want to see, something with early Burst's simplicity of assembly and the space for unique tip ideas but with the KO power of older gens. That would just about be perfect.
(Apr. 17, 2022  3:39 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2022  2:42 PM)GHero Wrote: Here are my thoughts on Gen 4

Second, I think the anime airing on TV would be great, and they seem to know this, with Sparking airing on TV last year. Third, I think they should lean towards supernatural elements more, part of what made Bakuten  and Metal Fight so interesting to watch is the fantasy elements, while Burst just has a bunch of  tournaments every season.

For toys, I think returning to a more primitive state with just Ringouts and Stamina would result in more interesting products. Gen 2 and 2 felt very varied because there’s a plethora of ways to knock something away or prevent that, it’s a general idea. This  also brings the stadiums into play. Meanwhile Burst is tied to the teeth system, meaning most beys revolve around that. It’s no longer a general idea that can be taken multiple ways, it’s a blueprint that they can only slightly change so they can keep teeth.

Not gonna say Burst was perfect, but neither was MFB. In the beginning I enjoyed Burst mostly because of it's simplicity, just turning three parts together. It's more complicated now, and has definitely run on for far longer than I expected, but there's a bigger issue than just "it went on for too long". The true issue is that it ran too far away from it's roots by making bursts too difficult. Sure, it's not impossible by any means, but it happens so rarely nowadays that it really lost the one thing that made it unique. If it had kept that in the main toyline, I feel like it would've been a lot better overall.

Giving it a defined beginning and end is bad for business however, and overall not a good idea for TT. Yes, it may get stale. It still makes profits. Returning the supernatural elements would be a good idea however, even if they have to pull some new threat from their behinds each season to keep it going it would help the anime seem less stale to fight a different kind of bad guy each season. Burst at least sort of succeeded by throwing out a big bad that would evolve over time, such as the terrifying Phi, but by then the "new main character per season" thing had begin and usually just annoyed me.

Burst's tooth system got in the way a lot. Shapes were restricted a ton, since hitting too hard would lead to self-bursts (seen early on a lot, though it also applied to things like Savior Valkyrie as well), and in general the ability for every layer to move away from hits by pushing against the teeth severely reduced the impacts on both the attacking and defending side. This is good for keeping your contacts in shape, but not so much for actually creating knockouts.

Complaining that the system didn't radically change is just folly though. Blade bases evolved and gained support parts and the like, they didn't fundamentally change either. MFB metal wheels changed twice, but were still so fundamentally equivalent too. The only times it massively changed, we got HMS beys and Zero-G beys, one which is an entire new system  while the other was considered a total failure and killed off early. No, radical changes are not needed. If anything Burst's big issue is that it changed too much away from it's origin. It needed to change less, not more.

I do agree, Beyblade is much better when it's KO focused. In that regard the best solution I have for a future generation is somewhat of a hybrid between Burst and older generations. I love Burst's simple assembly. Keep that sort of ease, but keep the layer from moving or flying off when assembled so the designs can be more intrinsically KO focused. Make more varied heights, that did help make the plastic and MFB gens more interesting but was harder in Burst where layer contact was necessary. Burst had it mostly right with the large driver idea, it allowed a lot more variety in tips compared to MFB which had too many variants of the same things and far fewer tips that were unique from other designs.

That is what I really want to see, something with early Burst's simplicity of assembly and the space for unique tip ideas but with the KO power of older gens. That would just about be perfect.

Well I’m less concerned about business and more about making a good story, obviously keeping it going will let you gain more money, but personally I don’t think it benefits the narratives. Radically changing was a poor choice of words, but as you said teeth meant slots of ideas couldn’t be used, and that’s what I was getting at. Not only do they keep a game running longer, but I just personally like KOs a lot, so I hope they return as the main focus.
I think the teeth system in burst was a bit lame. Every bey had different sets of teeth which did make it unique and fun but in return a lot of beys got more prone to bursting than others which seemed odd and extremely unfair to me. If they stuck with just one set of teeth for every beys in each season or something, it would've been much better.
I know, varieties are important especially in a beyblade, but giving some beys weak teeth and some strong teeth is ridiculous. I think what they approached for here was for you to customize, but that just means certain chips/cores never got used for competitive play. In fact, same teeth different cores and you customize just for the design and weight of the core is much more appealing IMO that just customizing it for the teeth and weight.
why does my ifrit barely burst? i thought it bursted alot?
(Apr. 18, 2022  1:43 AM)beyblader king Wrote: why does my ifrit barely burst? i thought it bursted alot?

You are banned, how are you even posting?
(Apr. 18, 2022  2:16 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2022  1:43 AM)beyblader king Wrote: why does my ifrit barely burst? i thought it bursted alot?

You are banned, how are you even posting?

Generally when someone is creating alts to evade bans, they are merged into the one account. As such the alt's posts appear to be from the banned user once we do so.
(Apr. 18, 2022  12:15 AM)45° Wrote: I think the teeth system in burst was a bit lame. Every bey had different sets of teeth which did make it unique and fun but in return a lot of beys got more prone to bursting than others which seemed odd and extremely unfair to me. If they stuck with just one set of teeth for every beys in each season or something, it would've been much better.
I know, varieties are important especially in a beyblade, but giving some beys weak teeth and some strong teeth is ridiculous. I think what they approached for here was for you to customize, but that just means certain chips/cores never got used for competitive play. In fact, same teeth different cores and you customize just for the design and weight of the core is much more appealing IMO that just customizing it for the teeth and weight.
This is a good example of short sighted design. In order for multiple kinds of teeth to be interesting you would need to have their be different kinds of attacks for different kinds of teeth to be good against. Since that’s not the case there always just going to be one or two best chips at the top of right spin and the same in left spin.
i wonder if i should get ultimate valkryire?
(Apr. 17, 2022  1:46 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2022  8:27 PM)GRD Peter Wrote: That's good to hear. I'm guessing they still log in to the site if their last, visit status is anything to go by.

Bey Brad was nice.

Occasionally yes. Brad stops by discord a bit, and still has a major role within the legal structure of the org. 

Kai-V used to go through Japanese sites and blogs, probably found interviews.

It would be great to talk to her about G-Revolution. Smile Not that I'm requesting it. I really like that series in the OG trilogy. I feel this desire to learn more about G-Revolution because I enjoyed it, like wanting to know more about the songs that were used in the Japanese version, and why the show felt more ambitious than its precessors. Kai-V would probably know the answers to those questions.
(Apr. 24, 2009  8:56 AM)Aikemi Wrote: I <3 Storm Pegasis.

The only reason I wanted Aries was because it reminded me of Dranzer GT haha.

Same honestly. The parts have its advantages against some stamina and balance types but are not that great against defense types.
(Apr. 17, 2022  7:13 PM)GHero Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2022  3:39 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Not gonna say Burst was perfect, but neither was MFB. In the beginning I enjoyed Burst mostly because of it's simplicity, just turning three parts together. It's more complicated now, and has definitely run on for far longer than I expected, but there's a bigger issue than just "it went on for too long". The true issue is that it ran too far away from it's roots by making bursts too difficult. Sure, it's not impossible by any means, but it happens so rarely nowadays that it really lost the one thing that made it unique. If it had kept that in the main toyline, I feel like it would've been a lot better overall.

Complaining that the system didn't radically change is just folly though. Blade bases evolved and gained support parts and the like, they didn't fundamentally change either. MFB metal wheels changed twice, but were still so fundamentally equivalent too. The only times it massively changed, we got HMS beys and Zero-G beys, one which is an entire new system  while the other was considered a total failure and killed off early. No, radical changes are not needed. If anything Burst's big issue is that it changed too much away from it's origin. It needed to change less, not more.

Well I’m less concerned about business and more about making a good story, obviously keeping it going will let you gain more money, but personally I don’t think it benefits the narratives. Radically changing was a poor choice of words, but as you said teeth meant slots of ideas couldn’t be used, and that’s what I was getting at. Not only do they keep a game running longer, but I just personally like KOs a lot, so I hope they return as the main focus.

Money will always trump the narrative, unless it's that easy to do both.

There's not many other ways to make the bursting gimmick work without either complicated button designs or some sort of push back system like the tooth system we got. Alternatives were few.
tell about your most devastating battles
(Apr. 18, 2022  12:15 AM)45° Wrote: I think the teeth system in burst was a bit lame. Every bey had different sets of teeth which did make it unique and fun but in return a lot of beys got more prone to bursting than others which seemed odd and extremely unfair to me. If they stuck with just one set of teeth for every beys in each season or something, it would've been much better.

As much as I'm a fan of how customizable burst has become, I feel like Cho-Z was close to being one of the best seasons in terms of balance, for this exact reason. Tooth strength was directly tied to the layer rather than an interchangeable chip, meaning you couldn't just slap attack-type burst resistance on something like Hell Salamander or Cho-Z Spriggan. Probably the biggest downside to this design is that if teeth get damaged, you can't just slap on a new set and be good to go.

Concerning attack types in general, I think MagikHorse absolutely hit the nail on the head here:
Quote:Burst's tooth system got in the way a lot. Shapes were restricted a ton, since hitting too hard would lead to self-bursts (seen early on a lot, though it also applied to things like Savior Valkyrie as well), and in general the ability for every layer to move away from hits by pushing against the teeth severely reduced the impacts on both the attacking and defending side. This is good for keeping your contacts in shape, but not so much for actually creating knockouts.

While I personally wasn't around during plastic gen, in my eyes MFB had one of the healthiest metagames for attack. The combination of metal-on-metal clashes and aggressive designs meant that KOs were abundant. Defense types were also popular, utilizing tips like RS and RB to stay in the stadium. I'd argue that stamina was the weakest of the bunch, but they were still a threat with things like BGrin and the 230-series spin tracks.

Admittedly I don't know much about 4D/Zero-G since Hasbro seriously dropped the ball with them (and I was starting to outgrow beyblade), but this is what I remember from back then.
I dont ever change my beyblades parts idk why Im just particular about that
Has anybody noticed most modern attack type beys have the same color scheme?