Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 03, 2019  7:59 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2019  9:29 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Imo, Quest, Keep, and Unite are very fun to use.

You're right, I just meant like "better to than average" drivers. Sorry for not clarifying.

It's fine. Keep can actually be used competitively though.
Would a wider Bey (e.g. Air Knight) touch the stadium or scrape the floor quicker than a narrower Bey (e.g. Orb Egis) thus having less LAD as a result?
(Nov. 04, 2019  3:15 AM)Biggster Wrote: Would a wider Bey (e.g. Air Knight) touch the stadium or scrape the floor quicker than a narrower Bey (e.g. Orb Egis) thus having less LAD as a result?

Depends on whether the combo can actually lean by enough to scrape the ground with the layer directly. If the layer can't scrape, then it's not gonna affect LAD any.
Hasbro's Turbo Valtryek V3 custom edition:

https://ibb.co/9gjcnHq
https://ibb.co/SrxX8R3

23 grams, not bad at all hahaha!!!
(Nov. 06, 2019  8:22 PM)longinus123 Wrote: Do beys have spirits in them?

No. Unless you're the superstitious type. In the anime, definitely.
What are your opinions on blind and his losing streak do you think he'll ever win a battle I mean it's pretty impressive that he didn't even win his first battle.
(Nov. 06, 2019  8:22 PM)longinus123 Wrote: Do beys have spirits in them?

Of course not, but sometimes they low-key do it’s almost insane.

(Nov. 07, 2019  12:38 AM)kimeru Wrote: What are your opinions on blind and his losing streak do you think he'll ever win a battle I mean it's pretty impressive that he didn't even win his first battle.
 Yugo from season 1 didn’t win any battles on screen as well. Him and Blind just won points that’s all but who knows maybe Blind will have an on-screen win someday.
I just couldn't resist to post this since I was there although I never got to notice it since I've been talking about organizing a Beyblade tournament during Youmacon.
That's awesome
(Nov. 09, 2019  4:58 AM)FreeFafnir64 Wrote: That's awesome

Sure is dude.
I counted 47,307,726 Possible Beyblade combinations through math.
Most of the combinations were possible thanks to the GT Customisation System, which developed a minimum of 1,372 GT Layer combinations. Perhaps this is What happens when you make a successful Beyblade generation.
(Nov. 17, 2019  2:49 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: I counted 47,307,726 Possible Beyblade combinations through math.
Most of the combinations were possible thanks to the GT Customisation System, which developed a minimum of 1,372 GT Layer combinations. Perhaps this is What happens when you make a successful Beyblade generation.

This number seems slightly low, so I'm going to go in-detail and math it out myself. First, a few ground rules:

1: TT parts only. Hasbro exclusives are not being counted here, as they're a different system altogether.
2: Recolors do not count. Revolve is Revolve, no matter whether it's yellow, orange, or blue.
3: Mugen bases do not count (a.k.a. Infinite and L-Infinite, as they are not tournament legal and only launcher compatible with Apocalypse/Genesis)
4: I will only include current releases where all the part information is known. This means that Dragoon Victory and other unreleased layers (such as the upcoming prize from Random Booster 18 or the "New Diabolos") aren't being added. Imperial Dragon released yesterday though, and is therefore valid.
5: Mode changes only count as a unique part if a part is added, removed, or swapped out. This means that God layers with Metal God Chips and Cho-Z layers with Level Chips are different than their normal variant and layers like Duo Apollos/Artemis/Aeclipse are also 3 unique layers, while Alter Chronos is still only one layer despite having multiple modes.
6: All current releases count, no matter how rare. As long as it exists IRL, it counts.

Since not every part can go with every other part, some specific layers and parts will have to be cut out and added in later, such as Nightmare Longinus, Imperial, Lord, and Diabolos. Those will have to be calculated individually and then added in later.

First off, let's calculate how many layers can fit on any combination of disks and drivers:

Basic/Dual/Remake Layers: 54
God Layers (MGC compatible): 21
God Layers (MGC incompatible): 5
Cho-Z Layers (Level Chip compatible): 20
Cho-Z Layers (Level Chip incompatible): 7
Infinity Lock System: 2

Set aside: Nightmare Longinus

This doesn't include GT layers yet, and we've already had to set aside Nightmare Longinus for its disk incompatibility that makes it an add on for the very end. Before we move on though, we can't forget that Metal God Chips and Level Chips are a new form of a layer, so that doubles our count of unique layers as we compress this number of universally compatible layers down into one number.

54+(21*2)+5+(20*2)+7+2 = 150 non-GT layers. We're still excluding Nightmare Longinus from the layer list here, as I'll have to do some special calculations on that at the very end. Let's try and add in the GT layers now for now and leave Nightmare Longinus alone.

Right-spin GT bases: 13
Left-spin GT bases: 5
Right-spin Chips: 8
Left-spin Chips: 3
Dual-Spin Chips: 1
Layer weights: 9

Set aside: Imperial, Lord, Diabolos

This would be a bit simpler if Diabolos didn't exist, though it's still simple addition and multiplication again even with Lord adding in every chip. Diabolos doesn't fit on Imperial and Lord and blocks out the spot for a weight though. We can worry about that for later, as first we must figure out how many of each other layer we can fit together. For every regular layer though, we can multiply the amount of compatible chips by the weight to get a solid answer to build off of. For Lord and Imperial we have to exclude weights from their equation, so they only equal the amount of chips they can fit.

Right spin: 13 bases * (9 + 1) chips * 9 weights = 1170 right-spin layer combinations
Left spin: 5 bases * (3 + 1) chips * 9 weights = 180 left-spin layer combinations
Imperial: 1 base * (9 + 1) chips= 10 Imperial combinations
Lord: 1 base * (9 + 3 + 1) chips = 13 Lord combinations
1053 right-spin combos + 180 left-spin combos + 9 Imperial combos + 12 Lord combos = 1,373 non-Diabolos layers

This covers every single non-Diabolos combination possible, and Diabolos is as simple as Lord and Imperial, where weights are left off and only the layer bases it can be used with count.

Diabolos: 1 chipweight * (13 Right + 5 Left) layer bases= 18
1,373 non-Diablos combos + 18 Diablos combos = 1,391 total GT layers
1,391 GT layers + 150 non-GT layers = 1,541 total layers compatible with all disks and drivers

Not too shabby, but slightly higher than the 1,372 GT combinations Ironface came up with above, which makes me think he left a weight out (probably either Go or Goku?). How much will this affect the outcome? We'll see, as now we have to deal with disks, which are best sorted by whether they're frame compatible/core disks or not so we can figure out how many unique frame/disk combinations there are.

Non-Frame compatible disks: 25 pre-core disks + Outer + Zenith + 8 GT disks = 35 non-core disks
Core disks: 9 God + 8 Cho-Z = 17 core disks
Frames: 9 God + 8 Cho-Z = 17 frames
Disks w/frames: 17 disks * (17+1) frame combinations = 306 total disk-frame combos
Total disks: 306 core disks + 35 non-core disks = 341 total disks

Why multiply by (17 + 1) instead of the 17 frames we have? Although easy to forget, 17 frames gives us 18 options as having no frame at all is a possibility. This presumes the 12 disk can be without a frame, which might not be tournament legal by WBO rules but is still possible to build. Now, how many drivers are there in the game?

Basic/Dual: 29
God: 17
Cho-Z: 25
GT: 20
29 Basic/Dual + 17 God + 25 Cho-Z + 20 GT = 91 standard drivers

Set aside: Hybrid, Ignition'

All in all, since Assault' hasn't been released yet, we have 91 possible drivers which are all compatible with every disk. Hybrid and Ignition' can't have disks, so they'll simply get multiplied by the number of layers we have instead, but they can't be added to our one last layer: Nightmare Longinus. As the only disk-incompatible layer it can't use Hybrid or Ignition', but we have to consider that it can use any other driver and can use all 17 frames or go without one.

1541 layers * 341 disks * 91 drivers = 47,818,771 non-Hybrid/Ignition' combos
1541 layers * 2 electronic drivers = 3,082 Hybrid/Ignition' combos
1 Nightmare Longinus * 18 frame combos * 91 standard drivers = 1638 Nightmare Longinus combos

47,818,771 non-Hy/Ig'/nL combos
+         3,082 Hy/Ig' combos
+         1,638 Nightmare Longinus combos

Actually not too far from the mark Ironface, but it looks like you missed something along the way.
My brother told me that my atomic driver's logo looked like the super smash bros logo... And he isn't wrong.
Is it just mine but zwei on sting power is getting big ko’s
(Nov. 17, 2019  11:30 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: Is it just mine but zwei on sting power is getting big ko’s

It's got a lot of bulk to it, and Zwei can handle those semi-aggressive drivers decently well. It's probably not the absolute best, but it's overall pretty solid.
I think we need to be concered of the fact that beytuber channels can probably get yeeted by the ftc

https://youtu.be/0veLrwd9CK4
(Nov. 17, 2019  9:23 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Right-spin GT bases: 13
Left-spin GT bases: 5
Right-spin Chips: 8
Left-spin Chips: 3
Dual-Spin Chips: 1
Layer weights: 9

Set aside: Imperial, Lord, Diabolos

This would be a bit simpler if Diabolos didn't exist, though it's still simple addition and multiplication again even with Lord adding in every chip. Diabolos doesn't fit on Imperial and Lord and blocks out the spot for a weight though. We can worry about that for later, as first we must figure out how many of each other layer we can fit together. For every regular layer though, we can multiply the amount of compatible chips by the weight to get a solid answer to build off of. For Lord and Imperial we have to exclude weights from their equation, so they only equal the amount of chips they can fit.

Right spin: 13 bases * (9 + 1) chips * 9 weights = 1170 right-spin layer combinations
Left spin: 5 bases * (3 + 1) chips * 9 weights = 180 left-spin layer combinations
Imperial: 1 base * (9 + 1) chips= 10 Imperial combinations
Lord: 1 base * (9 + 3 + 1) chips = 13 Lord combinations
1053 right-spin combos + 180 left-spin combos + 9 Imperial combos + 12 Lord combos = 1,373 non-Diabolos layers

MagikHorse

How come it is (9 + 1) chips for Right spin, Imperial and Lord when there are only 8 right spin chips?
Have you ever realized that Driger is pronounced Dry-ger, not dree-ger? I do since 2003, i heard that bey called dree-ger so many times... My ears couldn't take it anymore hahaha!!!
Info: transliterated from japanese characters it's written Doraiga.
Is Obelisk Odin/Odax O2 good in Burst Classic?
(Nov. 22, 2019  1:28 AM)Elreed Wrote: Is Obelisk Odin/Odax O2 good in Burst Classic?

I’m pretty sure it’s not.
Ahh, okay! I was thinking of doing a combo with a dash driver on it (Merge’ to be specific) and I was wondering if it would be good!
I'm honestly amazed by the amount the math that was put into figuring out how many combinations there are. It's pretty crazy how far Beyblade has come to have a crazy amount of customization like that.
Ppl think that beyblade is just a simple kids toy...
(Which, concerning the fundamentals... it kinda is)
But if you look deep into the analytical synopsis of this simple top... it’s sooo much moar than that!
It’s SCIENCE!
And those mathematical analytics prove it!
The crazy thing about it, is all those combinations are from separate parts...
And each part is different, and will each effect the performance of the bey differently....

Ahhh.... science is coo... <_>