Beyblade Random Thoughts

nightmare longinus' silhouette literally looks like a bulkier drain fafnir
(Sep. 14, 2017  12:49 AM)Grey Bey Wrote: I don't know if anyone already posted this before (if so,i can delete this) but here we have a silhouette of Nightmare Longinus.
[Image: 21728508_1353511634765729_89537897213179...e=5A465852]

it's only me or anyone else too think it looks like that dragon fridget spinner lol? A japanese youtuber made a full metal burst using it.
Hmm.So god Valkyrie was renamed to Genesis Valtryek V3 and Kries Satan to Satomb S3 . Does this mean the abbreviations for the parts will be different in TT and Hasbro?
How does portmanteau'ing Satan and Tomb make anything family friendly?
(Sep. 15, 2017  11:07 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: How does portmanteau'ing Satan and Tomb make anything family friendly?

Satan is dead. What could be greater? H picked the weirdest not solution to the name problem.
[Image: PicsArt_09-17-01.52.11.jpg]       Guys I think I found a pic of (presumably) Nightmare Longinus on potato channel.      

[Image: PicsArt_09-17-01.52.44.jpg]
This is its box art apparently, it is way more a-symmetrical than in the silhouette but maybe it can change modes or most likely it's not even LONGINUS at all it is not confirmed yet

I found this on the websites page suggesting it is B-97 but it was just Japanese writing but I translated it:  【Beyblade burst】 November new product B-97 "Nightmare Longinus. Ds" Pre-release information

Then again take this with a grain of salt it might be photoshopped

One piece of proof it might be fake is that it does not have a God chip!

Also the disk / driver is really really off maybe the disk is integrated into the driver?!

Also on the website translated: Although the product name can not be judged from the picture at all, it is incorrect writing that there was not the notation of the disc with B-97 "Nightmare Longinus" DS "Or is it a disk integrated driver? Append!
Kinda reminds me of the Dragoon beys but if it's real it looks great.
According to the Thread solely on this it has no disk and the disk and driver have been merged together!
HOLY-!!
It might be part of a new "Blade Base" system!? That's quite interesting!

OR

They just don't wanna say the new names or whatever. Either way the layer does look great! And the only thing we can take for granted is the hype!
(Sep. 17, 2017  4:57 PM)BeyGa Wrote: HOLY-!!
It might be part of a new "Blade Base" system!? That's quite interesting!

OR

They just don't wanna say the new names or whatever. Either way the layer does look great! And the only thing we can take for granted is the hype!

For some reason I picture it like the Takara Tomy version of the Rip Fire drivers, but with added gimmicks and such!
Does anyone else get bothered when you read a wiki page on a Beyblade part that lists out its good points and then reveals at the end "Too light in the metagame" or something like that?
(Sep. 17, 2017  9:50 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Does anyone else get bothered when you read a wiki page on a Beyblade part that lists out its good points and then reveals at the end "Too light in the metagame" or something like that?

#SadStoryofBurn though in most cases thats actually fact so. Best example of that I remember was Sol.
This is not confirmed but my guess is that Ds means Diskless
Somewhat Beyblade related but, Toys R Us is apparently potentially filing for bankruptcy! This will definitely affect where you can get beyblades especially if you shop exclusively at Toys R Us. It's really disappointing to hear that they're reporting billions of dollars in debt and how online sales and the lack of interest in Toys over video games and phone games have destroyed a legacy in the toy world!
(Sep. 18, 2017  11:12 PM)juncction Wrote: Somewhat Beyblade related but, Toys R Us is apparently potentially filing for bankruptcy! This will definitely affect where you can get beyblades especially if you shop exclusively at Toys R Us. It's really disappointing to hear that they're reporting billions of dollars in debt and how online sales and the lack of interest in Toys over video games and phone games have destroyed a legacy in the toy world!

Doesn't mean it'll disappear. Likely as not they'll sell off their underperforming real estate and reorganize internally.
(Sep. 18, 2017  11:41 PM)thoriumRing Wrote: Doesn't mean it'll disappear. Likely as not they'll sell off their underperforming real estate and reorganize internally.

True, it generally doesn't mean they will disappear completely immediately, but if it goes as most other retail stores' paths – they will close down quite a few stores and sell off assets as a quick way to stay a float and pay current debts. It usually ends up for the worst as the process begins though since they still have so much debt reported for next year. Hopefully they sell well this Christmas and don't get small enough to get bought up or sold off completely.
When large chain-stores go bankrupt, some (now) independent stores keep the name and remain the same. Over the years most will dissapear.
What photos will work as a profile picture?

None of mine work

they always nitpick the best beys in beyblade wiki, while bad ones look good

Cause twisted had a tiny bit that was bad and it was pointed out while nightmare rex is the best thing ever!
(Sep. 19, 2017  12:14 PM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: What photos will work as a profile picture?

None of mine work

Cause twisted had a tiny bit that was bad and it was pointed out while nightmare rex is the best thing ever!

well you can keep anything approite but I prefer your own pic or fav bey or your creation (like I did made my own profile pic).

BTW next time make sure not to keep posting many msg in row as it's against rule. Check out community rule of each fourm from next time Smile
(Sep. 19, 2017  1:09 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2017  12:14 PM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: What photos will work as a profile picture?

None of mine work

well you can keep anything approite but I prefer your own pic or fav bey or your creation (like I did made my own profile pic).

BTW next time make sure not to keep posting many msg in row as it's against rule. Check out community rule of each fourm from next time Smile
but I pick a photo and it says it's too big! Also, I'll try not to do that
(Sep. 19, 2017  10:09 PM)Beatlynx27 Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2017  1:09 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: well you can keep anything approite but I prefer your own pic or fav bey or your creation (like I did made my own profile pic).

but I pick a photo and it says it's too big! Also, I'll try not to do that

I recently had a realisation, burst beys are actually beys developed based on combining aspects of the two previous gens. Layers resemble attack rings from plastics, the disks resemble wight disks from hms, and lastly drivers which resemble a fusion of track and tip from the mfb era. Maybe it's just me but they seem to be running out of ideas.
(Sep. 19, 2017  10:55 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: I recently had a realisation, burst beys are actually beys developed based on combining aspects of the two previous gens. Layers resemble attack rings from plastics, the disks resemble wight disks from hms, and lastly drivers which resemble a fusion of track and tip from the mfb era. Maybe it's just me but they seem to be running out of ideas.

It's a bounded space to design in. There are a finite number of tip designs that are viable, even when you factor in non-plastic materials. In terms of pure physics, it's all been done. This gen added the burst mechanic and God layers as an extra piece of complexity that could also be designed around and allow for further permutations. But it's still a bounded space.
Burst is basically identical to HMS. That said, there are only so many ways to make a spinning top in the first place, obviously they would cycle ideas.
I once predicted Burst would embrace metal layers. Then there was Zeus, followed by Longinus, metal god chips, etc... So for me, Burst is like Game of Thrones. Grinding on forever, bit by bit. Each series adding one more painful mini-innovation, on the long, arduous road back to glorious metal.

...I guess they actually cared for the metagame this time around.