Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 08, 2015  2:18 AM)Khel Wrote: Good lord my light launcher for burst is so inconsistent. Jams up half the time. Feels like the gears just dont fit as well as they should.

I really hope I just got a faulty one because this is annoying.

Try pulling the winder slightly to the right. That's helped a lot for me. But yeah, it's not a great design.
(Aug. 08, 2015  4:36 AM)U wot m8 Wrote: @[Kei] I feel like crying, Scott did not mention me in the end of the burst tournament video. I have to get him back and rek(t) him next tourney! Wink

We all know how well it worked out last time you said you'd "rek" me.

And don't forget who generously let you switch Light Launchers after you were crying about your first one. Wink
(Aug. 03, 2015  5:16 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: As opposed to:

Quote:Blade Base (BB): Fortress Base

Note: Only One (1) set of balls is currently legal under Word Beyblade Organization Organized Play Rules. The following information is outdated.

Weight of BB Only: 12 grams
Weight of BB with 1 set of metal balls (Original Weight): 14 grams
Weight of BB with 2 set of metal balls: 16 grams
Weight of BB with 3 set of metal balls: 18 grams

The Fortress Base is one of the best Blade Bases for Defense type customizations. SG Oil Ball contains a metal ball with an oil resevoir above it, which makes it an excellent Blade Base for Defense. In fact, due to this round metal tip, it has a tendency to remain in the central area of the stadium in order to avoid attacks. The metal tip causes less friction between itself and the Beystadium which normally allows it to get knocked around in terms of defense, but its ability to hold up to 2 or 3 sets of metal balls prevents this because of the increase in weight.

Fortress Base can hold 2 sets of metal balls in its pocket, and 2 additional metal balls in the small holes in the Blade Base, this does however require a specific Weight Disk. Fortress Base can hold Bearing Spin Gears, making it an extremley useful part. You can create many efficient combos with Draciel F's Blade Base.

Which heavily implies that the base is only terrible now because multiballing was outlawed.

If it was never good, clarifying such would be a good idea.

(Aug. 03, 2015  5:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Multi-balling was outlawed before Beyblade even launched outside of Japan. So it's effectively been always bad.

I agree that the tone of that excerpt doesn't match its conclusion at all.

Despite the risk of sounding completely ignorant, is "multi-balling" illegal in every possible Blade Base ? Right now, obviously, there is no sign of that on Beywiki and certainly nothing about it in the Rulebook, and th!nk's top-tier Plastic combinations list also does not have any note about Draciel S's Blade Base being good with four metal balls but actually being illegal for tournaments. I do not know if this all comes from th!nk's misunderstanding and that he is responsible for the corresponding Beywiki articles as well, but apparently something might need to be changed hah. I would be happy to do so whenever I add the Burst format rules as well, soon.
Even if that is the case multi balling is easy in Draciel S' base where you can get two metal balls in each of the holes whereas in Draciel F's it so totally doesn't work properly. Also as long as I can remember multi balling has been practiced with Draciel S's base. That's what makes it good. Also why do we have follow ten year plus old rules that the community never seemed to follow anyway?
https://instagram.com/p/6H-xnetl8C/
Check this link
[Image: Screenshot_2015-08-08-19-17-48_zpse33mcz9v.png]
Report this dude for scam.
He claims to own the beys owned by MTwo and cannon... When I proves that he didn't own those beys, he blocked me and deleted my comments
He was trying to sell those beys.
I read in one of his post that Instagram banned one of his account. 12 year old kid

Edit:
Not sure if it works
http://i.instagram.com/dbz.beyblade/
Has anyone tested the current MFB top-tier list in the Burst Standard Type Stadium yet? I wanted to know if results were similar or nearly identical so we can try to legalize it for MFB play. With Attack Types being so expensive and rare, it would be great for bladers with not much money that still want to play and have tournaments in their area.
^ Agreed! I don't have any MFB but I think this is really important to test. I actually think the Burst stadium is awesome the best yet maybe, so curious to hear out other Bey play in it!

That said, I worry about the barrier cracking due to constant impact from metal.
I third this, I don't have one either and online charges too much for them.
(Aug. 08, 2015  11:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ Agreed! I don't have any MFB but I think this is really important to test. I actually think the Burst stadium is awesome the best yet maybe, so curious to hear out other Bey play in it!

That said, I worry about the barrier cracking due to constant impact from metal.

Yea! I was watching JoJoSpud247's video comparing Burst to MFB and she said that the slopes were pretty similar and so were the Tornado Ridges(?). I understand that it is more than likely that we will not be able to use Burst in BB-10's, but the other way around might work and make expenses for bladers lower.
It would be great if it doesn't break the top. I am too scared to try it. If you break it once then you might as well just buy a bb--10 for $60
On a random note, I think it'll be pretty funny for most of us when in a few years we'll be seeing people posting taking about the nostalgia of MFB, haha.
(Aug. 09, 2015  12:14 AM)Leone19 Wrote: On a random note, I think it'll be pretty funny for most of us when in a few years we'll be seeing people posting taking about the nostalgia of MFB, haha.

I'm already doing that, lolz~
In admittedly casual playtesting lately, I've found Valkyrie Central Accel to completely destroy Kerbeus Heavy Defense. Kerbeus Heavy Survive still seems to fare a bit better, but Valkyrie is a bursting machine.
Do you really think it is better than Valkyrie Heavy Accel? I guess I will have to try it out. But ya. I have found both fusion and survive to be better than defense in my tests, when launched at high speed. Fusion gets a lot of movement with a high speed launch and avoids big hits early and dishes out some hits of its own. Valkyrie is a KO machine too. Gets tons of them relative to other beys
Yeah, I like the movement more and Heavy lacks life-after-death which Central has some of. I haven't gotten Fusion to be useful.
Nice. I will have to try it out. With fusion you have to mega launch it to get the movement out of it.
I think my launch strength is pretty good, but maybe my angle is off.
Yeah you look like a lanky dude like me, I'm sure you can rip it hard enough. Lanky dudes unite!!! And launch beys really fast or whatever...
It feels like the Burst Beys have pitiful Stamina...
(Aug. 09, 2015  4:30 PM)Registeel Wrote: It feels like the Burst Beys have pitiful Stamina...

Based on what? Do you own any to back that up?
Beyblade is a battle game fundamentally, not a comparison of stamina. What should win by outspin still does, at the end of the day.
>See's everyone using Stamina beyblades in an attack type only battle.

>only owns 2 attack types and 15 staminas

lovely~
(Aug. 08, 2015  11:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ Agreed! I don't have any MFB but I think this is really important to test. I actually think the Burst stadium is awesome the best yet maybe, so curious to hear out other Bey play in it!

Formalized testing for this would be really helpful. I hope the differences aren't too big. More stadium options is always great. Unfortunately I don't have enough of the top tier parts to follow through on that.

My initial impressions when playing with MFB in this stadium is the dish itself performs similarly enough to BB-10. The big difference is in the knockout. Larger MFB can sometimes recoil back into the stadium due to the barrier, whereas in a traditional MFB attack dish it would be a knockout. It has a similar effect to the hasbro pockets of days gone by. The bey loses stamina if it does recoil back in, but it can still pull a win. It's definitely a new element that would impact gameplay.
(Aug. 09, 2015  6:27 PM)Meta madness Wrote: >See's everyone using Stamina beyblades in an attack type only battle.

>only owns 2 attack types and 15 staminas

lovely~

To be honest, there is kind of a double (triple?) standard about Attack types in tournaments. When someone posts the Winning Combinations and it's mostly Stamina, you will inevitably hear "wow, why did no one use Attack?", but when the Winning Combinations are mostly Attack or mostly Defense you never hear "wow, why did no one use Defense?" or "wow, why did no one use Stamina?" It's kind of interesting that people are expected to use the Beyblade type that is the most difficult to use.

On another note, lately I've been trying to find a use for Night. With those slopes it must have a ton of Upper Smash but I can't really find a good setup to draw it out. The best results I've gotten have been on MF-H Night Kronos/Pisces 85RSF/RB, but even then it only get the big hits I want against B:D/TH170 height things and it can't get under Earth W145WD very well. Does anyone know if the original Virgo is better at this? Maybe it could be used as a MF Hybrid Attacker?