Beyblade Random Thoughts

Burst Gimmick is probably only for anti-climax battle lovers lol. It's sometimes awesome to see a battle when a beyblade about to get curbstomped suddenly win because of its opponent bursting, but not fun when you're the one on the receiving end.

And LOL Beybrad, Cancer isn't bad ,Capricorn is even worse as that denotes a "capricious" person (unpredictable person). This is JOKING though.

Been spending too much time on TV Tropes yo.
(Jun. 01, 2015  10:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: like i'm gonna trust the dude with 11 cancer faces

This post is becoming a pattern of yours (insert raised eyebrow emoticon)

(Jun. 02, 2015  2:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: For what it's worth, Time hits on a very cool possibility. Maybe Attack-types will be less prone to Bursting, for example. I still dunno how I'd feel about it even then — imagining being incredibly close to outlasting an Attack-type with a Defense-type, only to have it suddenly burst apart, for example, seems incredibly annoying ...

I don't know, at least for me, this would make me substantially more willing to use attack types. In the current generations, if you don't score a KO within the first 15 seconds or so with an attack type you've pretty much lost. I love the idea of an attack type being in it until its very last rotations. @[Bey Brad]
(Jun. 02, 2015  8:37 PM)Time Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2015  10:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: like i'm gonna trust the dude with 11 cancer faces

This post is becoming a pattern of yours (insert raised eyebrow emoticon)

not as much of a pattern as your acquisition of multiple cancer faces
Ordered a Seaborg from Hong Kong as my own graduation gift on May 28th...Not expecting it until July 13th...Better have an extra something special attached to it.
About the whole discussion on the new burst gimmick:

I find it interesting.. but it really has to be done right.
If the make it locked in so only a really violent hit explodes the beyblade, that would be best (would resolve issues of bey1 winning due to burst even though bey2 was clearly about to win). making it so burst would happen early on on in the battle.
So stamina/defense vs stamina/defense would have a very low chance to bursting at all.

the video isn't a very good indicator as to how the burst works. though as a demonstration video, the beys used may have been built to burst more easily?
(Jun. 02, 2015  9:54 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: the video isn't a very good indicator as to how the burst works. though as a demonstration video, the beys used may have been built to burst more easily?

Definitely, and one of them is probably the new Sagittario 145S, so we really need to try these ourselves extensively and wait to see what the next few releases are too.
(Jun. 02, 2015  10:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2015  9:54 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: the video isn't a very good indicator as to how the burst works. though as a demonstration video, the beys used may have been built to burst more easily?

Definitely, and one of them is probably the new Sagittario 145S, so we really need to try these ourselves extensively and wait to see what the next few releases are too.

Exactly, I feel like people need to remember most of the time, stock Beyblades aren't good to begin with and some of them are especially bad (Poison Serpent, etc.). Before saying how they'll all burst so easily, we need to remember that, haha.
(Jun. 02, 2015  10:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: and one of them is probably the new Sagittario 145S

L O L
Would it be ok if I changed my favorite beyblade to screw Uranus 100 mf........? Hehehe
MF-H Screw Pisces 85MF is better tho.
85 sounds good but I think I'm gonna have to keep Uranus in there. Pretty sure that clear wheel works best when combined with the screw metal wheel.
Nah, the faulty 96 track is where it's at :p.
"I'm the worlds best beyblader!"
-Kid dreams
(Jun. 02, 2015  10:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

And so the power creep begins anew.

Prepare your wallets, for the beyblade you just bought will soon be outclassed by the one that just came out.
For those of you looking to buy beyblades; these look like some good starter or booster sets for a reasonable price.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271888147486?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331572619349?nav=SEARCH

Also I think I see a basalt in both of these if you want one but don't want to buy it alone for $40
[Image: 2hfswo3.jpg]

I curse the day I had to find these hideous Weight Disks...

The strangest thing of Beyblade I found was a Beyblade two pack bootleg which had a picture of Shun from Bakugan and Yoh from Shaman King!
(Jun. 20, 2015  2:45 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: [Image: 2hfswo3.jpg]

I curse the day I had to find these hideous Weight Disks...

The strangest thing of Beyblade I found was a Beyblade two pack bootleg which had a picture of Shun from Bakugan and Yoh from Shaman King!

Is that the legendary Fire flake wheels which creates sparks as they collide?
I remember when Beyblade came out, some Chinese producers made these wheels and caused quite a stir, but is eventually gone as a result of a news related to a person had his wrist tendon cut off as he tried to pick it up.
I wouldn't use the word "legendary", at least not by itself, the word "awfulness" goes nicely with it.

I really wanted to take a picture of that Yoh and Shun picture on the beyblade box but, believe it or not I didn't want to go back in because I was... too scared to, yeah... I wish I made that up but it's true, that shop was one of those creepy bargain shops and not the good kind like Home Bargains, no it stank and was ran by a creepy old man with a thick beard and stern eyes, having those 5 pack figures with poor quality fake Power Rangers and Toy Story figures bundled up, I saw the most horrific Jess figure ever made...
Hey, I remember that somebody on the forum was looking for thoses weight disks, I don't remember who.
Well if someone finds him and he still wants it then... I'm not sure if I'll waste my money on it as I probably have a hard time receiving something in return, plus I'll be haunted by the fakes...
(Jun. 20, 2015  6:46 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Well if someone finds him and he still wants it then... I'm not sure if I'll waste my money on it as I probably have a hard time receiving something in return, plus I'll be haunted by the fakes...
I believe it was Angry Face who wanted those.
Oh, I see... I can't imagine why @[Angry Face] would want them, it probably tears someone's fingers off if they grab it spinning.
Oh, yeah, I was looking for some of those a few months back. I had a plan to make Beyblade look hardcore for some friends using those Weight Disks, but following a little more thought, and for reasons not that different from TenshouTsubasa's post, I decided to scrap the idea and pass on those WDs for now. lol

A lot of those fake WDs are essentially buzzsaw blades fitted for Beyblades. Confused
I guess a lot of you were too young (or maybe not even born yet?) when the first generation of Beyblade launched worldwide. I can't speak for anywhere outside of North America, but fakes were rampant and actually much easier to find than real Beyblades, which were often completely sold out. But every corner store had racks of fake Beyblades. I actually started playing with fakes, initially.
No I grew up with Plastics and had those green blade base and red attack ring blades my relatives got, they were hollow and were unusable, it was HORRIBLE!