Beyblade Random Thoughts

The MFB version of Dragoon MSUV's Grip Flat Core. A quick question, @[1234beyblade], why did you used it on Storm Pegasus ? There's so much competitive attack customizations, there's no reason to use Storm.
(May. 31, 2015  1:45 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: The MFB version of Dragoon MSUV's Grip Flat Core. A quick question, @[1234beyblade], why did you used it on Storm Pegasus ? There's so much competitive attack customizations, there's no reason to use Storm.
Just look at the title, +Storm pegasus is my favorite beyblade and i wanted to see it kick some diablo butt XD
Since we are not going to use it, here is a very rough sketch of the World Beyblade Organization's logo compiling the four generations of Beyblade :

As you can see, as cool as the Dragoons are, they really need all their stickers and colours, because when you look at their 'shadow', there is nothing proprietary about them. I never realised that until I filled them all with the same colour.

I think it is interesting to have a visual of all these generations, and see that Beyblade Burst tends to revert to older designs. Sure, starting after the Metal System, I would not say that Metal Fight Beyblade Metal Wheels were visually particular either, but it started with a good intention with the Metal System, I suppose.

By the way, from the top and towards the left, you have : Dragoon G (no idea why I took that one and not one of the first Dragoons ...), Dragoon MS, Valkyrie and Pegasis.
What about Ifraid?
(May. 31, 2015  3:40 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: What about Ifraid?

Technically Zero-G was just a system, they are still cross-compatible with older Metal Fight Beyblades. Heavy Metal System should have been called series instead of system, personally.
(May. 31, 2015  3:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 31, 2015  3:40 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: What about Ifraid?

Technically Zero-G was just a system, they are still cross-compatible with older Metal Fight Beyblades. Heavy Metal System should have been called series instead of system, personally.

Oh I thought it was by main characters otherwise I would have questioned why Takao has two of his blades.

I could only really find Pegasis in the logo TBH, I had to stare closely to figure out the rest.
(May. 25, 2015  10:49 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 25, 2015  9:55 PM)Phantom Indo Wrote: I understand that beyblades are ``improving``over time, but they should stop trying to improve them and just re release plastic gen, hms, and metal fight. the idea of beyblade ``trending`` just to stay relevant, in general, is sickening. soon it`ll just die. they`ll be no different than any other top toys because the originality will be gone. just my opinion.

As much as I love plastics and HMS this is a completely unrealistic proposal. Trending? How is updating trending? It's perfectly normal to replace something old that is no longer popular (by the time plastics and HMS ended the TV series that drove the series weren't doing well anymore) and rebooting. Also rereleasing would be short lived and there would be no new show to drive it. The franchise has continued because they brought out new systems. So no in fact that is the reason it has not died and not come back despite what you think. It has lasted 10 + years because it has rebooted and updated. Yes the two generations are markedly different but that doesn't mean they cannot both be original.

lol i was just wishful thinking, but since you asked..
The idea of the BURST gimmick seems like a lazy, ''sell out,'' idea to me. That`s all, i just think they could've done something tiny bit more creative. I understand re-released gens would never hold, but they`d sure blow up for a small time, i think.
they ''dumbed'' down Beyblading in my opinion, just to catch the eyes of buyers. that is a form of ''trending.''
if that`s not the case, ok then, but i still don`t like the chance-burst idea.
That`s all.
--
if someone corrects me that the burst gimmick has more skill involved and not as much chance, then i`ll change my opinion entirely. although i am sure after a year, the burst gimmick will grow on me.
(May. 31, 2015  7:21 PM)Phantom Indo Wrote: lol i was just wishful thinking, but since you asked..
The idea of the BURST gimmick seems like a lazy, ''sell out,'' idea to me. That`s all, i just think they could've done something tiny bit more creative. I understand re-released gens would never hold, but they`d sure blow up for a small time, i think.
they ''dumbed'' down Beyblading in my opinion, just to catch the eyes of buyers. that is a form of ''trending.''
That`s all.
--
if someone corrects me that the burst gimmick has more skill involved and not as much chance, then i`ll change my opinion entirely. although i am sure after a year, the burst gimmick will grow on me.

Considering that you can still win by knock out and outspin, I am very certain that skill is indeed still involved and that you will have to wait and see how exactly the Burst gimmick is effective once it gets released and later in this new series. Obviously bursting will only become harder everytime a new product gets released.
(May. 25, 2015  11:45 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think it's better to have a series that's basic than simply rereleasing it but have a new layout, it's pointless but it's kinda like a reintroduction. That's what I was getting at, unfortunately it will only get gimmickier as it goes on to ridiculous lengths.

New series of Beyblade are aimed at people who have never played Beyblade before. Has nothing to do with the preferences or desires of hardcore players.
(Jun. 01, 2015  12:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 25, 2015  11:45 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think it's better to have a series that's basic than simply rereleasing it but have a new layout, it's pointless but it's kinda like a reintroduction. That's what I was getting at, unfortunately it will only get gimmickier as it goes on to ridiculous lengths.

New series of Beyblade are aimed at people who have never played Beyblade before. Has nothing to do with the preferences or desires of hardcore players.

I know, I never said it had anything to do with our preferences, all I'm saying is that it's better to introduce new comers to something workable and not too complex nor gimmicky, I know it's a spinning top but it CAN get gimmicky at one point. Like Beyblade burst starting with basic parts, and I also said that it's better to make a new series that starts basic RATHER than rereleasing it, it's probably because I worded the sentences in a confusing order. I know I don't have control over it, which I mentioned before in another comment but I wanted to give my thought and how I feel it's better to start with basic parts when introducing something revolutionary or it could get too gimmicky if they started the parts to be too advanced.

I've probably reworked on my opinion a bit though so it's different to what I said before.
OK, but some of the gimmicky Beyblade releases are also some of the best. Bearing tips were a gimmick, at one point. I don't want to exist in a world without Dranzer V2 or Dragoon G, either.
I just got this awesome set of 50 beyblades which I think are all made by hasbro and takara. Found it on ebay and paid $96 +shipping. I'm having a hard time identifying most of these parts. But I think I see sa165, phantom orion (hyperblade), big bang pegasisx2, el drago destroy or destroctor (not sure),w145, hades or hell kerbecs bd145, reviser or leviathan, galaxy takara and hasbro, diablo nemesis (maker unknown).

could you guys please help me identify some parts and/or their maker's? Also do you think this was a good buy?(I think $2 a piece for 50 is pretty awesome.)

[Image: %24_3.JPG]

P.S. Sorry if you were one of the people bidding against me. Smile
(Jun. 01, 2015  1:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: OK, but some of the gimmicky Beyblade releases are also some of the best. Bearing tips were a gimmick, at one point. I don't want to exist in a world without Dranzer V2 or Dragoon G, either.

That's absolutely cool for me, as they were later releases and it was what made them special, I do love Shing God MS because it was gimmicky.
(Jun. 01, 2015  5:13 AM)ZachBob Wrote: I just got this awesome set of 50 beyblades which I think are all made by hasbro and takara. Found it on ebay and paid $96 +shipping. I'm having a hard time identifying most of these parts. But I think I see sa165, phantom orion (hyperblade), big bang pegasisx2, el drago destroy or destroctor (not sure),w145, hades or hell kerbecs bd145, reviser or leviathan, galaxy takara and hasbro, diablo nemesis (maker unknown).

could you guys please help me identify some parts and/or their maker's? Also do you think this was a good buy?(I think $2 a piece for 50 is pretty awesome.)

That exceptionally large black thing and some of them (especially clear wheels) are not identify-able, but I think I saw some of the following parts:
From Left to right:
Earth, Galaxy, L-Drago (II), Destroy, Poison,2 Vulcans from the TT random booster, Sagittario,
L-Drago (III), another Destroy, Pegasis Chrome Wheel, Probably the ring of SA165, Bakushin?, Killer, Salamender Chrome Wheel, Hyperblade ver. Phandom,
Core section of Big Bang, Beat, probably an Omega, Phoenix Chrome wheel Burning ver., Thermal, Grand
Burn, part of the Big Bang wheel, a Red Ifraid Chrome Wheel, 2 Berigados Chrome wheel, dark blue Ketos
A damaged red Destroy,Thermal?, A blue R145, SW145, Ray, A silver Galaxy, 2 Darks, yet another L-Drago (III), Tornado
Another Killer, Meteo, BD145, another Grand, the red/black Meteo from the Ultimate DX set, the core of Flash, VariAres, Fusion, A red Galaxy, still another L-Drago Destroy, Susanowo, Ray, Genbull, a black Gravity, a silver Gravity from the Ultimate DX set, a Flame.

Better if he have Beylaunchers instead of a heckload of lightlaunchers, but still an incredibly cheap buy and probably the best bid......
The large black thing is a BeyWheelz, I know of what I'm talking about, I'm a BeyWheelz expert yo.
(May. 31, 2015  8:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 31, 2015  7:21 PM)Phantom Indo Wrote: lol i was just wishful thinking, but since you asked..
That`s all.
--

Considering that you can still win by knock out and outspin, I am very certain that skill is indeed still involved and that you will have to wait and see how exactly the Burst gimmick is effective once it gets released and later in this new series. Obviously bursting will only become harder everytime a new product gets released.

Reading this made something else come to mind. So in MFB and Bakuten shoot the main goal is to improve your beyblade so it is either better at KOing, better at OSing or better at staying in the stadium. Thinking from this perspective, burst adds an incredibly interesting new wrinkle to the game. It is quite likely and possible that we will find certain parts are better at winning by burst and others are better at stopping the bey from bursting. At least for me, this idea of a further level of analysis needing to go into the assembling of a bey is quite tantalizing. Before, I was excited simply by the fact that beyblade was continuing, now I am specifically excited for Burst and my scavenger hunt prize of Burst products. Thanks @[Kai-V]!
Spreading the Beylove yo.
Thanks Tenshou, that was very helpful Grin
(Jun. 01, 2015  5:13 AM)ZachBob Wrote: I just got this awesome set of 50 beyblades which I think are all made by hasbro and takara. Found it on ebay and paid $96 +shipping. I'm having a hard time identifying most of these parts. But I think I see sa165, phantom orion (hyperblade), big bang pegasisx2, el drago destroy or destroctor (not sure),w145, hades or hell kerbecs bd145, reviser or leviathan, galaxy takara and hasbro, diablo nemesis (maker unknown).

Daw! I wanted that set! Well congrats on the buy!
Sorry J.i.n.b.e.e. Smile

I'm relieved to have a second opinion on that purchase tho.
(Jun. 01, 2015  9:43 PM)ZachBob Wrote: Sorry J.i.n.b.e.e. Smile

I'm relieved to have a second opinion on that purchase tho.

Huh? I'm not mad at you for it, it's alright if you bought it. Smile
like i'm gonna trust the dude with 11 cancer faces
(May. 31, 2015  8:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Considering that you can still win by knock out and outspin, I am very certain that skill is indeed still involved and that you will have to wait and see how exactly the Burst gimmick is effective once it gets released and later in this new series. Obviously bursting will only become harder everytime a new product gets released.

THIS ^^ this what i wanted to hear. OK, that makes more sense. Just after seeing the videos of the Burst battles, my only thought was, ``Oh no..`` But the bursting actually not being that easy to burst, makes a lot of sense. That makes this way more convincing that the bursting wont ruin beyblading.
BUT the BURST gimmick, in general to me, is still somewhat of a ``sell out`` maneuver, however.
though I`m sure I will now fully enjoy it, based on what Kai-V said.
For what it's worth, Time hits on a very cool possibility. Maybe Attack-types will be less prone to Bursting, for example. I still dunno how I'd feel about it even then — imagining being incredibly close to outlasting an Attack-type with a Defense-type, only to have it suddenly burst apart, for example, seems incredibly annoying ...
(Jun. 02, 2015  2:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: For what it's worth, Time hits on a very cool possibility. Maybe Attack-types will be less prone to Bursting, for example. I still dunno how I'd feel about it even then — imagining being incredibly close to outlasting an Attack-type with a Defense-type, only to have it suddenly burst apart, for example, seems incredibly annoying ...

That is what you call it as an anti-climax, haha.

Probably TT is trying to give attack types more an edge since attack types are more prone to OS and damage due to frequent collisions (so that they can sell more).