Beyblade Random Thoughts

Man... That's really sad. His Beyblade channel was one of the 3 that I actually enjoy watching. I honestly thought he was in his 20s, so learning that he's actually 15 is a little surprising, but I guess that explains why he's losing interest. People change a lot around that age.
Hm, having been in the business for ten years, I think I got too used to it ... At least with Beyblade, the flow is continual : good people go, others come by later. It is a self-renewing hobby, hah.
He answered my question in the vid, winning. Me and him actually used to chat quite a bit so it sucks to hear this might be it.
Just recieved an AA3 Scythe today. That makes 2...
Take a look at this, seriously -.- , and please read the comments, i dont think anyone likes that page either

https://www.facebook.com/MMYVofficial/ph...91/?type=1

PS sorry i'm not sure whether this is the place to post this or not
(Jun. 17, 2014  6:31 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Take a look at this, seriously -.-

Weed explosions basically said it all. I thought it was trolling..

WAIT

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW..

(Jun. 17, 2014  6:36 AM)Neo~ Wrote:

And basically everything was fake, Sparks from beyblades that can burn your house down ?
If that is so that's a good weapon for the military..
(Jun. 17, 2014  6:40 AM)ashton pinto Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2014  6:36 AM)Neo~ Wrote:

And basically everything was fake, Sparks from beyblades that can burn your house down ?
If that is so that's a good weapon for the military..
All this over Bit Beasts.
It's a natural thing; they think they're high when they see one. xD these people.
All this over Bit Beasts.
It's a natural thing; they think they're high when they see one. xD these people.
If its over bit beast, i wonder what they'll suggest after watching some random anime, or even anime's based on TCG (be it YU-GI-OH or anything, " DONOT BUY ")

EDIT: BTW, was redirected to that link from here https://www.facebook.com/OMGBBG/photos/a...=1&theater
Hey, not just Scythes (Hasbro), RDFs, and Dragooons have mold variations.
Duo does too: A1 molds and A2 molds. From testing out solo spin times and finding averages, I have found that a stock A1 mold preforms the worst and a Frame from an A1 mold and a core from an A2 mold preforms the best as it's average spun time on a SA165 (normal) WD is 4:05.
Those numbers are not indicative of legitimate variations in product "molds." In manufacturing, yes, they indicate the usage of different molds, but not in the same sense that a Mold 1 Earth is different from that of a Mold 2 Earth (which are not differentiated by codes). Also, no specific codes have been associated with any of Dragooon's particular molds as of yet...

Regarding your tests, unless the differences in your solo-spin time trials are quite significant (and even then, it's preferred that you do mirror battles or test against some kind of benchmark), then all you're observing is the result of product variation, which occurs frequently in mass production (as Beyblades were). Even with such quality standards in place, in a game like Beyblade, minor variations in weight, shape (e.g. initial height of RDF's rubber), materials, and texture can occur (without being called different molds) and significantly affect the performances of whatever combinations of top they're used in.

On Duo, I think if you weighed both of your Duos' parts individually, you'd discover that the pieces you found to work especially harmoniously together would turn out to be heavier than their counterparts. If not (but even if so, really), the combination of those two parts might also have better synergy with each other than they did with either of their original parts. In any event, either or both of these situations would more likely be responsible for the increased Stamina you noticed than a new mold.

As for Scythe, (and I'm just speaking generally now) do we really know that there is a particular "mold" of Scythe that performs best? Many people say that Scythes with the AA2 code on their undersides indicate that they're "good molds," but there are still just as many people saying that they've not noticed anything exceptional about theirs themselves. We know the heavier Scythes tend to perform better than the lighter ones, but do we actually have solid evidence, statistics to show that there is a strong correlation between AA2 Scythes and higher weights (which usually result in higher performances)?

Of all the Scythes that have been tested by members here, how many have actually been weighed? I've had a total of five Scythes (2 AA2s, 2 AA1s, and 1 AA3), and I've weighed all of them. Both my AA2s and AA1s were of average weights for Scythe, performing no better then any of each other. However, my AA3 ranges in the weight zone of "good" AA2 Scythes, and performs just as such. Weird variation? Maybe. I'd prefer to say normal and random variation is the real reason behind all these differently weighted Scythes, but nothing's certain, including the existence of "molds," until we weigh our Scythes and see if there is any clear, consistent correlation between AA- codes and Scythe weights. More he says, she says won't get us anywhere.
(Jun. 20, 2014  5:00 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Regarding your tests, unless the differences in your solo-spin time trials are quite significant (and even then, it's preferred that you do mirror battles or test against some kind of benchmark), then all you're observing is the result of product variation, which occurs frequently in mass production (as Beyblades were). Even with such quality standards in place, in a game like Beyblade, minor variations in weight, shape (e.g. initial height of RDF's rubber), materials, and texture can occur (without being called different molds) and significantly affect the performances of whatever combinations of top they're used in.

The difference WAS significant, all A1 spun for 2:30 and as mentioned below, and a Frame from an A1 mold and a core from an A2 mold spins for 4:05.
Wow, I kinda wish that had been Du@l or TheWhiteTiger, haha.

@ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) and AZL: Besides the product codes, are there any actual physical differences between the Duos and Scythes that would designate them as different molds, such as a reinforced edge or something? If not then it could just be the product codes that are different, and it's just natural variation. It would be like B:D, which has a bunch of different product codes, but it was confirmed (by th!nk I'm pretty sure; I know he was quick to correct people who would say they had a "2 minute mold" or a "5 minute mold") that there was no actual mold difference, the parts just had different spin times based on natural variation.
(Jun. 20, 2014  4:58 PM)Woumb@ Wrote: @ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) and AZL: Besides the product codes, are there any actual physical differences between the Duos and Scythes that would designate them as different molds, such as a reinforced edge or something? If not then it could just be the product codes that are different, and it's just natural variation.

That's just it. There are no significant physical differences between the good "molds" of one code and the "bad," or average, Scythes of the same code. The only noticeable difference between the different AA- code "molds" of Scythe is the prominence of the molding circles located on their undersides.

This is from a conversation I had with th!nk several months ago about Scythe. Both of us are under the impression that there are legitimate mold differences between Scythes, despite being unable to locate any significant differences.

(Feb. 16, 2014  10:49 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2014  4:40 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:

Hm, perhaps those points have more impact than we thought, IDK, but my AA2 matches that (of course it would - same physical mold used, but checked to be sure). Perhaps mention it in the thread and point out that this was similar to the Hell thing (assuming that's the case, I forget if that was actually confirmed for Hell), though my guess would be it's just a coincidence from the mold, the same as the AA# really.

As it turns out, the circles indicate nothing, which is the exact same case with Hell. Additionally, Hell has different codes (or stamps, as Uwik puts it better in his Hell Minute Molds thread) reminiscent of Scythe, yet they are totally inconsequential.

(Jul. 06, 2011  5:42 AM)Uwik Wrote: Stamps: (A1, A2, A3 etc)

These do not determine which mold it is. Should the same mold happened to have the same stamp numbers, it is merely coincidental.

Very much like Hell, the Stamina proficiency of Scythe varies from individual Wheel to the next, regardless of code. However, I hope we don't go back to calling these better variants of parts "minute molds," since significantly different molds are not involved. It just seems to be a lazy and politically incorrect word used to describe better variants of parts. :\
I think this goes here: Today... I got my Beyblades stolen... I only have about 10 left now. I reported it to the police, but so far nothing. I'm really feeling down.
(Jun. 20, 2014  11:42 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I think this goes here: Today... I got my Beyblades stolen... I only have about 10 left now. I reported it to the police, but so far nothing. I'm really feeling down.

Shoot, that's horrible! Hopefully someone will turn them in soon.

Sorry about that!
(Jun. 20, 2014  11:42 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I think this goes here: Today... I got my Beyblades stolen... I only have about 10 left now. I reported it to the police, but so far nothing. I'm really feeling down.

What the hell.
Who steals Beyblades?!?!
Thief's who don't like me. I was at the park playing with them. Turned my back for a second and kaboom! They're stolen. All my Zero G and almost all my competitive parts are gone.
You live in the UK... I thought burglary was only in the US!
Edit: Didn't read the post above, I think you should go back to the park you went to, or track the theifs down.
(Jun. 20, 2014  11:54 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Thief's who don't like me. I was at the park playing with them. Turned my back for a second and kaboom! They're stolen. All my Zero G and almost all my competitive parts are gone.

Oh my gawrssh.

I want to buy them back with the ransom money..
That's good you reported it to the police, not sure if they would take 'beyblade' seriously
Beyblades are expensive, theives everywhere .. sad
Did you have any expensive beys stolen?
He did say most of his competitive beys got stolen, so unfortunately I think so.
Yeah... Like £500 worths. I've been trying to save up to buy some Zero G again. Lucky I still have enough and my bb 10 for my tournament.
Really happy; went to the flea market today. Found a TF Prime Ratchet Deluxe Class for $0.50, but better yet:

An MFB lot for just $2.00. It included a (slightly banged up) Max Stampede stadium, two tools, 3 launchers, Storm Pegasus, Rock Leone, Thermal Lacerta, Thunder Leone, a Dark Wheel, a spare Pegasus recolor, and for me, a DS- Exclusive Cyber Pegasus, with the Metal Face.

He wanted $3, but I pointed out the damaged stadium, so I guess he wanted it gone, haha.