Beyblade Random Thoughts

Hah, I wasn't even aware they were mentioned there.

If anyone knows a fair amount about the japanese and english games, I'd be interested in reading about it, seeing as I don't really know where to start searching for info, especially on the japanese ones - one of my favourite bit chips comes from one, so I did a bit of research but not much.
I'm only familiar with one of the english games (V-Force I think) in which you had a choice of the 4 starting beys and then every other bey had to be assembled from shop bought parts, all of which were known by their own name and came with no indication of what bey they were from till you saw them after purchase.

Launch was simply about timing. You pressed the button as late as possible without getting a miss-shoot for maximum spin speed. In the later levels the starting speed was largely irrelevant though because bitbeast use restored it.
You had a fair bit of control over the bey's movement but not full control. It would still tend towards circling the stadium.
Beys had HP as well as spin, allowing for Crash Outs if battles went on too long, though there was little way to gain advantage in this regard since hits gave damage to alternating players regardless of how they occurred.

Rounds were won based on the hasbro points system (1 for a sleep out or miss-shoot, 2 for a KO and 6 for a crash out, with 5 points meaning victory).
Yeah, I have the Metal Masters version, not the game or Metal Fury. It's definitely painted. Maybe I'll give it a go if the Metal Fury version isn't painted.
Ickle That's very similar to the Death Pisces CH120MB combo you made last time, why change to TH170?
Again re: nightmare discussion, I've not done any formal testing but the impression I got from mine was consistent with the tests that were around - no notable attack, meh survival, and good defense for the time it was released, but Earth was a much simpler option.
That said, if you think it has use in attack and stamina, tests would be great, do them and post them in the thread for it.
(Aug. 25, 2012  1:06 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Maybe I'll give it a go if the Metal Fury version isn't painted.

If the Metal Fury version is painted then it's painted silver like the legends.
(Aug. 22, 2012  3:59 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Random Thought- So I just looked past all of the Hasbro Metal Fury Testing Threads I could find...
The results are pretty depressing to be honest. Only Cosmic has shown a bit of class; something which is quite a commendable feat considering its weight. All the good parts such as Blitz and VariAres are now right at the bottom.
I was depending on Hasbro 4D/Metal Fury releases, as that is the only source I had to these awesome beys. Thankfully, all hope's not lost! If Cosmic can do good, there might be other parts too! Joyful_3

However, this is for the first time where, I wish Hasbro would've changed the names of ALL of their rather suck-ish Metal Fury releases.
I am pretty sure that there might be a LOT of confusion among newbies, who are told that VariAres is a good Attack wheel, but upon trying it themselves, they get something pretty embarrassing.

Its sort of an identity theft IMO, haha! Some suck-ish wheels have disguised themselves as VariAres/Blitz/etc. and are trying to get their share of fame through the names of something far more superior...
Its a sad state, at the moment.
I just hope no such confusion arises though. I know MANY people (i.e. most of my friends here) who haven't even heard about a company by the name of TT. Such people, who are completely unaware about the "true" 4D beys will face (and cause) the highest amount of confusion. As for them, VariAres (and many others) refers to its Hasbro release... Tired
Thankfully, Cosmic is one of the better wheels out there, and also renamed! XD

I think all of us would need to add a lot more content to our posts from now on, when responding to questions, comments, etc related to 4D beys; unless we are extremely sure about the version (Hasbro or TT/SK) being referred to...

*end of Hasbro rambling*

wales- Eh, I wonder why would you post it here... Confused

Sorry for the late quote, but Hasbro tends to improve bad wheels, more often than not. Dark. Cosmic. Heck, even Poison goes from trash to just really bad. It seems to be a bad trend.
(Aug. 25, 2012  8:10 AM)Temporal Wrote: Sorry for the late quote, but Hasbro tends to improve bad wheels, more often than not. Dark. Cosmic. Heck, even Poison goes from trash to just really bad. It seems to be a bad trend.

I've never seen actual testing to verify Dark or Poison, and I very strongly recall the "Hasbro Dark is Better" thing to be based solely upon on the idea that it weighed more - later proven to be incorrect. There's no discernible difference between any of my Dark wheels.

Considering that same-user comparative testing has only really gained its status as vital fairly recently, I wouldn't be surprised if similar occurred with poison, unless there's actually a visible difference that I've missed?
(Aug. 25, 2012  6:44 AM)Fantomu Wrote: Ickle That's very similar to the Death Pisces CH120MB combo you made last time, why change to TH170?

Like I said in that post, it is more versatile.
(Aug. 20, 2012  4:04 PM)th!nk Wrote: Buzz, please, posting pseudoscientific, impossible carp is a good way to get banned, not a good way to become an advanced member.

If my info is "impossible carp", then why don't you prove me wrong. Show a video on Scraping LAD if you will ... do it with Plastics also... Angry
you can't steal spin from the floor though, it's a stationary object, ffs

Dragooon isn't so different that it can magically get this "floor energy stealing" ability.
Since you (apparently) have it, along with other parts, why not test it yourself and make a video? Then maybe you can clear up what all you're talking about.

Back to the Nightmare discussion, whenever I get a Metal Fury one, even if it's painted, I'll still use it. I think a Metal Masters one is, and will be, infinitely harder to find.
I don't have it, sadly, Raigeko...

I am just hypothesizing, so testing can copleteley prove me wrong...

Also, Dragoon's sheer weight helps it regain most of its balance sometmes, after its "scrapes/rolls" along the floor.
(Aug. 25, 2012  3:44 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: I am just hypothesizing, so testing can copleteley prove me wrong...

why on earth would you do that

(Aug. 25, 2012  3:44 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: Also, Dragoon's sheer weight helps it regain most of its balance sometmes, after its "scrapes/rolls" along the floor.

How do you know that?
Random thought thread.

Actually, this I do know. The sheer weight of a blade causes gravity to act upon it more. Thus, they bey is forced down at medium rotation speed. TR145 will start rolling/scraping and the bey will able to use its LAD and spin-equalizing ability on the opposing bey to its full extent while rolling/scraping.
That makes no sense.
Okay, let me explain more clearly...

1.) The bey rolls on TR145.

2.) Its spin-equalizes with the opposing bey and rolls on the floor while doing so.

3.) It picks up its balance and its succesfully either to Draw or OS its opponent.

4.) Thus the bey scrapes along the floor.
Why... why would you want it to scrape and regain its balance, only to lose it again
please, stop making my brain hurt
When the Bey is scraping along the floor, its spin equalizing with the opposing bey when contact is made. It then grinds the opponent down a bit, scrapes again, spin equalizes and then it finally reagins its overall balance again...
(Aug. 25, 2012  4:33 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: When the Bey is scraping along the floor, its spin equalizing with the opposing bey when contact is made. It then grinds the opponent down a bit, scrapes again, spin equalizes and then it finally reagins its overall balance again...

Please stop.

By the time it gets back up, it will die within the next few seconds. Tired
(Aug. 25, 2012  4:33 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: When the Bey is scraping along the floor, its spin equalizing with the opposing bey when contact is made. It then grinds the opponent down a bit, scrapes again, spin equalizes and then it finally reagins its overall balance again...

But, if the bey is already scraping the floor, then any contact would knock it more off-balance, right?
that's not how it works
80% of the time when it scrapes later in the battle, it dies
That means it can't get back up
Which means you lose
Which isn't good

@Insomniac
over 9000 hours in mspaint
(Aug. 25, 2012  3:56 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: Random thought thread.

Actually, this I do know. The sheer weight of a blade causes gravity to act upon it more. Thus, they bey is forced down at medium rotation speed. TR145 will start rolling/scraping and the bey will able to use its LAD and spin-equalizing ability on the opposing bey to its full extent while rolling/scraping.

You are assuming that gravity is the only force acting on the beyblade. Even with TR145, friction would render the move ineffective. Plus, the rotation would be so weak, the beyblade would be dominated (and possibly KO'd) by anything with ANY movement left. Hell, a Scythe on a SF would quickly end what is left of the beyblade in question's rotation.
(Aug. 25, 2012  8:33 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2012  8:10 AM)Temporal Wrote: Sorry for the late quote, but Hasbro tends to improve bad wheels, more often than not. Dark. Cosmic. Heck, even Poison goes from trash to just really bad. It seems to be a bad trend.

I've never seen actual testing to verify Dark or Poison, and I very strongly recall the "Hasbro Dark is Better" thing to be based solely upon on the idea that it weighed more - later proven to be incorrect. There's no discernible difference between any of my Dark wheels.

Considering that same-user comparative testing has only really gained its status as vital fairly recently, I wouldn't be surprised if similar occurred with poison, unless there's actually a visible difference that I've missed?
I don't know the exact reasoning, but Poison doesn't get as many 0% against as many meh combos as I've seen a TT Poison get. That might just be me, though.

Also: You're sure there weren't any testing proving that Dar wasn't utterly useless? I seem to remember them slightly.
I own both molds of Dark, and there really isn't a big performance difference between the two.
It just really sucks LOL
BeyBearingCore, stop talking out of your damn posterior. Get a job, buy the actual Beyblades, do your own tests, and be forever ashamed when you learn that everything you ever posted was idiocies. You will never become an Advanced Member or anything here, so never come back.
Hah, what a surprise. I was amused by the video challenge, but filming the non-existent isn't my thing.

Temporal: This was back when we only did ten rounds. I've mentioned the power of sub-conscious expectation before, and in 10 round testing it becomes very prominent. I recall there may have been some testing but firstly, as I said, there was no comparative testing from the same users on the same day that I recall, and secondly, if anything the difference was 1-2 rounds, which in 10 round testing may as well be nothing.

As for poison, I wouldn't repeat that unless there's good testing to back it up. There's a thread in the advanced forum called "clear wheels: can we test them?" or the like, by YamiSlayer, I believe, with some tests of a yellow and red 145=height track you should check out.