Beyblade Random Thoughts

I just preordered the Hasbro Phantom Orion! Couldn't wait 'til Winter arrived to pick that one up.
I cant wait to see how it does in terms of Stamina. But when it comes I can't make a testing thread for it because I don't have a BB-10 yet. Either way I really like Orion and decided I was going to get Hasbro's version even before we learned about their new renditions of the 4D Beys. This will be my 3rd 145 and my second ES...
I was lucky with my random booster, and got an Archer Gargole. I gotta say, it's like a zero g version of an old plastic bey when in crystal up mode. all the parts are the same color, and the chrome wheel looks like a weight disc when paired with the large SA165 track. Also, the fact that non synchromed zero g beys are very light, combined with Gargole's circular shape, it would probably be able to fight a plastic bey without breaking it.

Gargole also lines up almost perfectly with archer, which is really cool.
Today, I got stabbed.
With a LL2 Ripcord.
In the back of the throat.
WTF
I've been messing around with the Genocide wheel and have finally found something that gets results.
MF Genocide Virgo 90 WB.

I have not tested this thoroughly but I can say a few things about it:
First off, it does not defend against attacks, it repells them. It consistently KOs attackers despite having little attack power itself. It does not stand up to TT Blitz though and has issues with low track Gravity combos, though it can beat them.
In non-attack matches, it acts as a destabiliser, winning through forcing the other bey off balance.
It cannot handle 230 track opponents (A230 and E230 untested).

It has not been tested on 85 or any different CWs but I can say for sure that JB, SF, B and other such tips do not work for it. It needs the wide surface area and ability to roll slightly. MF custom is also untested on this combo.

Any suggestions or help testing would be very much appreciated. Anubis Brave Ver is my first choice of CW for this combo but I do not own it.
Huh? Did you make that out of metal? Or is there some new metal wheel I don't know of...or an old one I don't know of...
@ Sonny: Genocide was the tentative name for Nightmare. They changed it because it sounded too offensive.
Sorry about the confusion, I've always known it as Genocide and saw no reason to change, what with it actually having been the official name and all.
Hay I found a black sol blaze for 28$ should I by it? There are only 3000 and somouns selling 4!
(Aug. 28, 2012  10:42 PM)Derpey_blader Wrote: Hay I found a black sol blaze for 28$ should I by it? There are only 3000 and somouns selling 4!

That belongs in the Purchase Consultation thread.

But to answer your question, I'd say no. I've seen cheaper.
(Aug. 28, 2012  10:07 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I've been messing around with the Genocide wheel and have finally found something that gets results.
MF Genocide Virgo 90 WB.

I have not tested this thoroughly but I can say a few things about it:
First off, it does not defend against attacks, it repells them. It consistently KOs attackers despite having little attack power itself. It does not stand up to TT Blitz though and has issues with low track Gravity combos, though it can beat them.
In non-attack matches, it acts as a destabiliser, winning through forcing the other bey off balance.
It cannot handle 230 track opponents (A230 and E230 untested).

It has not been tested on 85 or any different CWs but I can say for sure that JB, SF, B and other such tips do not work for it. It needs the wide surface area and ability to roll slightly. MF custom is also untested on this combo.

Any suggestions or help testing would be very much appreciated. Anubis Brave Ver is my first choice of CW for this combo but I do not own it.

So what did you test against ? My tests also showed that it was decent in Defense, but in today's metagame, it would be horrible, just like Earth now.
Attack: A few dumb combos (instant win), Gravity Perseus (Attack) 85 MF (not a favourable matchup for Genocide), Blitz (TT) Unicorno II 105 R²F (Genocide didn't even stand a chance), Lightning L-Drago R145 RF (Genocide KOed it every time but 1, in which L-Drago got OSed. note that this KOs Bassalt combos).
Stamina: Earth Libra GB145 (lightest version) WD (Gravity Destroyer Mold) (Genocide repeatedly OSed it by a small margin after a long destablising process, Fury Leone 100 FS (better than it sounds but KOed every time by Genocide), Thunder Gasher AD145 D (similar to with Earth but less marginal).
Defense: Basalt Bull 230 D (Genocide couldn't even touch it), Gravity Perseus (Defense) DF145 RS (designed with high recoil and grip to KO attackers, this combo caused a lot of draws but lost the other games to Genocide), Night Vigo BD145 RS (got knocked over by Genocide with ease and was occasionally KOed).

Some of them are good tests, some of them really aren't, it all came down to what I had on hand. Also, note that these were in the Magnestadium since I'm still working on painting and reinforcing the underside of my MFB Attack Type and so don't want to use it unnessiceraly. Results are similar but not identical.

In conclusion, I see no reason why it wouldn't do just fine against hasbro stuff but 4D is almost certainly just too much for it and 230 is not an opponent it can beat.
When are sonokong releasing Zero G? It's been months.
(Aug. 29, 2012  5:57 PM)Ultra Wrote: When are sonokong releasing Zero G? It's been months.

I think we have no idea.
Yeah, I've been wondering that myself. I wonder if they'll create a different threading for faces, so they won't break as easily, or at least they'll be manufactured better. The new threads are outrageous. My MSF never worked in the first place because of an extremely thick threading on one side, and I broke a Stone Face a while back.
Here's to hoping.
So has anyone been able to test Hasbro Fang? I can't even find it.
I found it in Toys R Us, but didn't buy it. But I have a hunch it has moderate or severe recoil.
You folks remember the whole "toppler" defense idea? Well I figured I'd try and make a spin stealing version with the light weight "Destructor" I picked up yesterday. After a fair bit of tweaking, I came up with a monster.

L-Drago Destructor BD145 JB.

I'm pretty sure the combo works on the same principle (being bottom heavy with good grip and a fair amount of scraping to prevent KOs by toppling) but there's obviously more to it than the previous topplers since Blitz is throwing it up in the air, all over the stadium, onto its side and up against the walls repeatedly with no KOs happening. Furthermore, it recovers from this and manages to spin steal to victory. Against my Blitz it's winning almost every match and the ones it doesn't win, it draws.

Of course, there are a few flaws with it:
-It cannot handle left spin attackers, the lightest tap from them will send it spiralling out of control (and the stadium).
-It cannot spin steal well enough to beat stamina types and I'm not entirely sure how it does against defense either.
-It has a tendency to lose control and self-KO if launched too strongly.

I am getting similar results with both the TT polycarbonate frame and the Hasbro Fusion Wheel but I have my suspicions that proper testing will show the extra weight of the TT one to give better stamina and defense in the modern heavyweight meta (TT's is 0.5 grams heavier and I suspect it is outwardly distributed).

I feel this needs more work and some proper testing but if it really does get a 100% win rate against Blitz then that's nothing to be sneezed at!

EDIT: It would appear that this combo fails badly if Blitz' first hit is head on. If this hit is not perfect, however, Blitz will lose enough energy in the exchange to make further hits almost useless. An MF helps gaurd against this initial hit but it may hinder performance in other ways.
(Aug. 30, 2012  6:30 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: You folks remember the whole "toppler" defense idea? Well I figured I'd try and make a spin stealing version with the light weight "Destructor" I picked up yesterday. After a fair bit of tweaking, I came up with a monster.

L-Drago Destructor BD145 JB.

I'm pretty sure the combo works on the same principle (being bottom heavy with good grip and a fair amount of scraping to prevent KOs by toppling) but there's obviously more to it than the previous topplers since Blitz is throwing it up in the air, all over the stadium, onto its side and up against the walls repeatedly with no KOs happening. Furthermore, it recovers from this and

manages to spin steal to victory. Against my Blitz it's winning almost every match and the ones it doesn't win, it draws.

Of course, there are a few flaws with it:
-It cannot handle left spin attackers, the lightest tap from them will send it spiralling out of control (and the stadium).
-It cannot spin steal well enough to beat stamina types and I'm not entirely sure how it does against defense either.
-It has a tendency to lose control and self-KO if launched too strongly.

I am getting similar results with both the TT polycarbonate frame and the Hasbro Fusion Wheel but I have my suspicions that proper testing will show the extra weight of the TT one to give better
stamina and
defense in the modern heavyweight meta (TT's is 0.5 grams heavier and I suspect it is outwardly distributed).

I feel this needs more work and some proper testing but if it really does get a 100% win rate against Blitz then that's nothing to be sneezed at!

If I went to tourneys where attack dominated this combo would be extremely useful. This combo
could be even better if there was still strong attack bladers in NY. But that time is long gone. Even in the slim chance of attack beys, they are all mostly spin steal. Ever since Zero G nobody really uses flash consistantly in tourneys here. But that might change. But still a great combo which is easily available.
Yeah, the fact that it fails outright against atleast 1, probably 2 of the three types is an issue and if you don't see attack then it's completely worthless. Still fun to watch though :P.
Wow. I expected hater bombs and cannons but I put up my friendship forcefield at the right time. Smug
This is how the day I got my first plastic beys went

I was on my computer when the dogs started barking like crazy! My dad called me and I went and when I looked down I saw a tiny box, looking outside I saw the UPS man walking back to his truck, as soon as I saw the label I knew what it was. I texted my mom in stitches as I held the box and when she gave me the green light BOY did I run to my room giggling like a school girl. best 21rst birthday gift ever a voltaic ape, Polta and a bit chip collection Vol 4 pack -w-

Love it to this day spent like the entire day playing with them...even though I had no launcher but putting them together was fun
(Aug. 31, 2012  1:44 PM)Clonetos Wrote: giggling like a school girl.

Giggling like a school girl huh? You're not the only one, as I do that everytime I get a Beyblade Package through the mail. Even when it wasn't Beyblade.

There was this one time where I thought this package was mine, so I was prepared to do an unboxing of it on Youtube. Then I found whatever my mom bought, so I was depressed the whole day. (It was night already, so it wasn't long).
I tend to just shout "Yay post!" in a kiddy voice more often that seems appropriate.