Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 20, 2012  3:15 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: So they chose a picture of a faceoff pack to provide humor in a vague joke? Polarizing in reverse? Faceoff packages allow you to get the important Beyblades without sacrificing the ability to obtain a random combo (not in booster obviously) Bey as a bonus.

Really would love a faceoff pack from TT. It'd save me money on random boosters. :\

EDIT:

Also, involve the possibility of sounding like the scum shaming anime fanbases when flaunting your differences...

By the way, you might want to get some sleep, because TAKARA-TOMY was not trying to humour anything with that page. They just wanted to let Japanese kids know what the outside world has, and :

- if those kids find anything funny, that is entirely their reaction;
- I just found it quite funny that TAKARA-TOMY chose to completely ignore the however huge difference between "America" items and Japanese ones : the stadiums. Who cares about faceoff sets when the stadiums are totally different ?
I might really heed that to a literal degree, Kai-V, family issues... So *Ahem* sorry about me being snappy lately.

At age 20, Codeine Extorts is already going through a crisis.

I'm also sorry I did not include my point of views in the stadia differences. I'm not a real battler anymore. :\
(Jan. 20, 2012  3:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2012  3:15 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: So they chose a picture of a faceoff pack to provide humor in a vague joke? Polarizing in reverse? Faceoff packages allow you to get the important Beyblades without sacrificing the ability to obtain a random combo (not in booster obviously) Bey as a bonus.

Really would love a faceoff pack from TT. It'd save me money on random boosters. :\

EDIT:

Also, involve the possibility of sounding like the scum shaming anime fanbases when flaunting your differences...

By the way, you might want to get some sleep, because TAKARA-TOMY was not trying to humour anything with that page. They just wanted to let Japanese kids know what the outside world has, and :

- if those kids find anything funny, that is entirely their reaction;
- I just found it quite funny that TAKARA-TOMY chose to completely ignore the however huge difference between "America" items and Japanese ones : the stadiums. Who cares about faceoff sets when the stadiums are totally different ?

They probably didn't think it was appropriate to bring up something that Hasbro has little to no control over.

It's also a distinct possibility that they just didn't want to take the time to explain why those Stadia are so different, and it's obvious the Japanese intended audience might not really understand that Hasbro's safety regulations are determined over their heads, and are much more strict.
... The kids do not care about that. That page served to show what Beyblade items the rest of the world had, there was no room for CoroCoro to get deep into the subject.
Write CoroCoro an angry letter about how they should've exposed Hasbro's dirty little secret instead of focusing on their nicer ideas, then.
The booklet was a "guide" for the Asia Championships, and ultimately the upcoming World Championships. It makes perfect sense to show what all of their other opponents have been playing in ... I am not certain why you take it that way.
Honestly, there's really no way to tell what their logic behind it was, though.

Making sense isn't a common facet of any toy company.
AD145 stands for AbDo 145 :

[Image: gravityperseusreal.jpg]
New avatar? Smile

And what are the little arm thingies? They kind of look like a beetle carapace...
Those shapes are part of the Perseus CW, Arupaeo.
(Jan. 20, 2012  6:01 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: New avatar? Smile

And what are the little arm thingies? They kind of look like a beetle carapace...

Pauldrons, from the AR, of course.

Also I found that picture hilarious.

EDIT: Errr.... CW. You can tell where my head is Wink
AR?

No.

Stay away from the Plastics!
NO THEY ARE MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Even spending a week writing about plastics and writing up a huge base/sg/shaft/casing compatibility list hasn't changed the fact I find them infinitely more interesting than MFB.
(Jan. 20, 2012  6:03 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2012  6:01 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: New avatar? Smile

Pauldrons, from the CW, of course.

Also I found that picture hilarious.

Well, with 3 arms the Gorgon didn't really stand a chance now did she?

Loved the Stone Face reference earlier btw. Smile

And the third arm is where...?
I thought those were helmets with three "eye slots", not pauldrons...
It's hard to tell with that CW, but in that image, at least, they would be the Pauldrons. Or shoulders, whichever.

No amount of snake hair can hold off the power of Dual Wielding with a shield Serious
I am fairly certain nothing mattered except the shield's reflective surface/the mirror, depending on which version of it you're trying to recall...

He could've had a taco in each of the other two hands and it would not have made a difference.
(Jan. 20, 2012  5:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: gravityperseusreal.jpg]

To clear things up.
In the anime and CW design. The helmet(s) on the CW refers to Perseus placing his helm upon the Medusa head, preventing anything from truly looking into her eyes, as the mode changes, the helmet comes off and reveals her, stunning/stopping it's opponent from moving.

In this image.
The helmets are made to look like Shoulder-pads in this image, AD145 made to look as Chest-plate armor. The Logo being the Helm and collar of the Armor.
OK, this might be an insult to whatever that picture tries to signify....
But you can't help it when a good, hilarious observer(i.e. me) who has metaphors for everything, views it.
I am sorry but,

For some reason, that looks like a Bakugan....
I thought the same at first..It looks something like a Dark Drogonoid....after that I found it to be what Stratus G. said...

Well now suddenly it seems as if my Vari is MFB Bump King, even on RF. ... it jumps over beys...or rather the LTACs I use it against, give it a sort of upper attack from their CWs and make Vari jump over tham after which they get KOed. Seems quite funny to see those LTACs use Vari's spin velocity to lift it and then self-KO.
Yes! They've finally released 4D where I live ! I can finally contribute more to the community!
(Jan. 20, 2012  6:25 AM)th!nk Wrote: It's hard to tell with that CW, but in that image, at least, they would be the Pauldrons. Or shoulders, whichever.

Seriously. After the Metal System, Metal Wheel designs became very shallow and you could barely make any association between the design and what Clear Wheel/Face a Beyblade had, notably because they started sharing Metal Wheels everywhere. Dark Bull ? The best you could make out of Dark is that it is teeth or claws, but a Bull has neither of those, not in that shape anyway ...

With the beginning of 4D though, designs started having more meaning again, so I might start doing those weird "real Faces" again, as I called them. Hopefully someone saw my Pegasis, Sagittario, Leone, etc. Faces to know what I am talking about.
Ugh, exactly. Dark made sense on Wolf, but it's like they threw it on Bull because the owner was introduced as an enemy or something. So glad they have stopped recycling metal wheels for the time being.

I vaguely remember the "real faces", though my memory is extremely foggy. It would be cool to see more.
what ive always thought is that if someone were to put a hologram in the facebolt then tweaked it so it was voice activated it would look like it was actually attacking which would be awesomeStupid...
however it would be hard to actually fit it in a small faceboltChocked_2
That would be interesting, rayhan. Why don't you put that in the "What Innovations would you like to see in Future Beyblades" thread?

That would be really cool...but kind of unecessary..

Plus, I doubt Takara-Tomy has the funds for that.