Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jul. 11, 2012  3:47 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: That clear wheel silluete looks like nothing released thusfar, which is interesting. Perhaps we get a new M145 Q beyblade. I was hoping we'd get an awesome recolour in pearl orange or something though since Q is a tip I use a lot and it would be nice to have an epic looking version.

It could just be a Kerbecs ... I highly doubt they would release a new Clear Wheel when we are now in Zero-G, with Crystal Wheels and Chrome Wheels ...
I'm telling you guys, M145Q actually works in Zero-G. I can't say I'm surprised that they're releasing (even though it's a giveaway) it again, as Zero-G is the perfect environment for it.
Also, I believe I've discovered a new launching technique for Zero-G... I'll post about it in the proper thread later.
(Jul. 11, 2012  3:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It could just be a Kerbecs ... I highly doubt they would release a new Clear Wheel when we are now in Zero-G, with Crystal Wheels and Chrome Wheels ...

I doubt it too but that doesn't really look like Kirbecs. More like a combination of Rushing Boar and Moon Razer IMO since the bulges get further from the center as they progress round.

Probably just an inacurate picture though.
Can't wait. Hope you will post it soon. I just thought of my own that based on the sliding shoot but I don't have a stadium to test it. ( BTW I think it would be great if Takara Tomy make a limited stadium like the bbp one)
(Jul. 11, 2012  3:47 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: That clear wheel silluete looks like nothing released thusfar, which is interesting. Perhaps we get a new M145 Q beyblade. I was hoping we'd get an awesome recolour in pearl orange or something though since Q is a tip I use a lot and it would be nice to have an epic looking version.

As for gravity, I find it likes to KO upwards, which is good if you're sticking it on that height and should also add to its E230 destablising ability.

You mean the silhouete with the ? over it? I'm pretty sure that's a Phoenic...
As for the M145Q, I'd love to have one in that color.

Yeah, definitely, Gravity has some Upper Attack (given how little it is, it doesn't matter) and it really does make a difference. Gravity destabilized E230 more efficiently than MLD. I believe MF Gravity Perseus (counter Mode) 85MF is more easily toppled over by the sheer size of MF-H Duo Aquario E230 (Boost Mode) CS than MF MLD 85XF because MF doesn't have as much surface area as XF (which keeps it up much better) but on Gravity I just preferred MF over XF.

Looks like Kerbecs to me.

Oh man the google translate of that page title is just not right.
(Jul. 11, 2012  4:30 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: You mean the silhouete with the ? over it? I'm pretty sure that's a Phoenic...
As for the M145Q, I'd love to have one in that color.

Phoenic eh? seems plausible.
Do you mean that dull blue or the pearl orange I mentioned? Their release looks to be the same colour as F:S.
The one on the page is the one I'm talking about. (M145Q.)
I dunno, still looks like a Phoenic to me. Maybe it's because I don't own an actual Kerbecs and I'm not used to seeing it.

oh god th!nk
the translation
oh wow, that's so terrible LOL

Raigeko13: Try MF-H/MF-L/MF LDG (85-100) CF/MF/WF against E230's boost mode... as th!nk stated earlier, LDG and LDD are your two heaviest and best destabilizers.

I thought of this combo as soon as E230's boost mode became legal. I asked th!nk which would do better and they're both roughly about the same in terms of performance. (LDD is slightly wider v.s. LDG has slightly better spin equalization and destabilization properties/abilities.
Don't have a LDD or LDG. Seriously considering getting a LDD to test FConfused, plus I would just love to have one.
Why CF? GCF would do much better. I dunno if LDD/LDG would do better (spin stealing) as I know Meteo is superior to them in terms of that, but maybe on RF (mine is going out, need to buy another quick ;() LDD/LDG would have the power on 85 to KO E230 (Boost Mode) consistently... I don't think so though, because I could'nt get my Vari to do it, nor Flash.
Main reason for LDD/LDG is practicality. Nothing else has the weight to hold up in this metagame, so despite their pretty terrible balance, it's all we have. I doubt DragoooooooooooooOOoOoOOOoooOn is going to do much for the balance stuff, but it might be worth holding out for before buying another left-spinner.
what will all the new elements within the zero g game i cannot believe i missed a joke XD

if a earth element does happen we got a "earth wind and fire" reference, that is if we get a earth element based bey and not the wheel earth but the crystal wheel
Yeah, that's the main reason I haven't purchased one yet. Waiting for DragoooooooOOooOOOoooOOOOOOn to come out. It won't do any good for spin stealing (look at it, it's just dumb to think that, even when Synchrom'd) but maybe the whole 60g moving tank will do some good, since the left spin direction vs. E230 is what's really doing the damage.
CF is has slightly more stamina than GCF and has less speed in the BB-10. The aim of my combo MF-L LDG 100 CF is to have steady attacks on absorb mode, so that it can somewhat destabilize the E230 opponent and then OS it. GCF just acts like a XF bottom as it moves too fast... (you would have to weaken the launching power of GCF to make it move at the speed of CF.) Yet, GCF has slightly less stamina than CF still when weak launched (and so, it defeats the overall purpose of this combo.)

Currently, to me the best E230 killer by destabilization and spin equalization is (MF-L LDG 100 CF)
I still prefer 85, it get's under E230's disk better and destabilizes it more efficiently.
Raigeko13: But 85 has a higher chance of scraping... 90 also scrapes too much. 100 doesn't scrape that much and 105 scrapes rarely to never. You want to get under E230 and so, 100 is the highest possible track height for doing that when using LDD/LDG...

MF-L LDG 100 CF will consistently OS by destabilizng and spin equalizing E230 opponents.
Personally, from my tests with Ifraid Gryph 85RF, it did not even scrape at all. And RF is horrible for trying to stay upright ...
Kai-V: All the extra weight kept Ifraid Gryph upright plus RF is a relatively tall bottom... I wonder how Ifraid Gryph 90/100 CF would perform, so if you could test it, that would be great !

According to me though, MF-L LDG 100 CF is a Much Safer Option than Ifrad Gryph 85 RF for destabilizing E230 Boost Mode Opponents.

85 does scrape quite a lot and like I said before, the only reason why Ifraid Gryph is staying upright is because of the/its 60 G+ weight.
85 doesn't scrape a lot, it scrapes with some wheels (those which overhang the track by a large amount) when using certain tips, but nowhere near as much as you keep incorrectly stating despite people pointing out that you're wrong. XF is the source of the extremely minor scraping issue for Meteo 85XF, but the main reason for it scraping is people not using common sense when launching it.
I tuly do apologize for that th!nk... I didn't understand.

@th!nk: However, wheels that don't overhang the 85 track, will still scrape quite a bit. 85 XF will scrape even by the slightest tilt (even if the set-up is launched propely) so you're incorrect in that statement th!nk. When a combo using the 85 track is tilted, even by the slightest amount, it will badly scrape... no matter what The only way that 85 XF might not scrape is when its tornado stalled or slide shot, and even then, there's a chance it will if it tilts a bit, or makes contact with the opposing Beyblade.
(Jul. 11, 2012  7:13 PM)Mu Wrote: CF is has slightly more stamina than GCF and has less speed in the BB-10. The aim of my combo MF-L LDG 100 CF is to have steady attacks on absorb mode, so that it can somewhat destabilize the E230 opponent and then OS it. GCF just acts like a XF bottom as it moves too fast... (you would have to weaken the launching power of GCF to make it move at the speed of CF.) Yet, GCF has slightly less stamina than CF still when weak launched (and so, it defeats the overall purpose of this combo.)

Currently, to me the best E230 killer by destabilization and spin equalization is (MF-L LDG 100 CF)
I want to go on the record and say that GCF has better stamina than CF for the simple fact that it can spin at much, much lower spin rates without falling over than CF. Yes, it moves incredibly quickly, but as long as you don't self-KO, GCF should be able to OS CF.

(Jul. 11, 2012  7:42 PM)Mu Wrote: Kai-V: All the extra weight kept Ifraid Gryph upright plus RF is a relatively tall bottom... I wonder how Ifraid Gryph 90/100 CF would perform, so if you could test it, that would be great !

According to me though, MF-L LDG 100 CF is a Much Safer Option than Ifrad Gryph 85 RF for destabilizing E230 Boost Mode Opponents.

85 does scrape quite a lot and like I said before, the only reason why Ifraid Gryph is staying upright is because of the/its 60 G+ weight.

If you look at a Synchromed wheel, you can put 85 on it and 85 extends really far down compared to non-Zero-G wheels that basically eat 85. Yes, RF is a tall track, but you could easily put 85WD on most Synchrom wheels and there wouldn't be a scraping problem. It's not because of the weight, it's because of the shape; I'm not sure why you'd think a large amount of poorly-balanced weight would be the reason why something doesn't scrape.

I finally finished my first two drafts on Beyblade customizations! I'm shamelessly self-advertising here, but check them out:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Begi...bution-LAD
Actually, when GCF scrapes, its due to the "Gear" it has. This is the reason why it has less stamina than a CF.

85 WD does scrape badly towards the end of the match.

Edit: I finally understood.
(Jul. 11, 2012  8:08 PM)Mu Wrote: Actually, when GCF scrapes due to the "Gear" it has. This is the reason why it has less stamina than CF.

85 WD does scrape badly towards the end of the match.

Trust me, I've tested the heck out of both wheels, so I know what I'm talking about. GCF scrapes far less than CF because its tip is so much wider, causing it to not fall onto its disk nearly as soon as CF. Furthermore, the gear's teeth are so close together that it is almost a perfect circle, so its scraping isn't any worse than CF's scraping. Both tracks are the same height, so that isn't an issue either.

It depends on the Beyblade you're using entirely. 85WD does just fine on certain wheels that don't overhang the track, and the lower center of gravity helps a lot with stability.
(Jul. 11, 2012  8:01 PM)Mu Wrote: I tuly do apologize for that th!nk... I didn't understand.

@th!nk: However, wheels that don't overhang the 85 track, will still scrape quite a bit. 85 XF will scrape even by the slightest tilt (even if the set-up is launched propely) so you're incorrect in that statement th!nk. When a combo using the 85 track is tilted, even by the slightest amount, it will badly scrape... no matter what The only way that 85 XF might not scrape is when its tornado stalled or slide shot, and even then, there's a chance it will if it tilts a bit, or makes contact with the opposing Beyblade.

You've just apologised and said the same thing again, as I said, it's a combination of wheel and tip, and again you're overestimating the scraping issues 85XF has, it's nowhere near that severe. Honestly, I just think you're incompetent with XF at this point. No, you can't launch XF at full speed or it will struggle in general with stability and staying in the stadium - that's XF, most other tips won't struggle with 85. And, in relation to the combinations this whole discussion is about, Weak Launching is used to launch them, and prevents the scrape, so "no matter what unless you use it like you should be using it" is a more appropriate sentence.

Based on your killerken thread, I also want to ask: Do you actually own XF, 85, Meteo, or any of the parts you're talking about?

As for 85WD, that's just plain wrong, there's a reason it's on the competitive combos list...
I've gotta say I agree with Ingulit.
Like I mentioned before, the reason you're scraping a lot is because you're launching at an angle, and you can't do that in a BB-10 with things like 85, XF, and GCF. CF has a smaller tip, while GCF has a wider tip, keeping it up easier. What's better in a building? A foundation that is on a stilt, or a base on a much wider stilt? The same idea applies here.

And Ingulit, I just read your guide.

Damn that was a nice read. It's great! Cannot wait for more updates to it!