Beyblade Random Thoughts

The Ketos/Cetus clear wheel fits perfectly on flash. The "tails" arch in a way similar to flash's attack mode and makes a pretty neat looking bey. IMO Hasbro's green Cetus recolor is the best looking on this.
Speaking of hasbro, Cyber Aquario's RF movement is really odd, and I've never used it till now. It sort of moves like a semi aggressive RSF, but at the same time when it hits the other bey, it goes full on RF movement for a short bit and has some serious power. I was really weirded out when I saw that. Anyone else's RF act like this?

Also, I've come to realize the main CWs I prefer to use have a water theme (Cancer, Ketos, Aquario) I have a Cygnus, so maybe that will break the cycle at some point.
Yes, my Cyber Aquario RF moves exactly like you described. Sometimes it is even cakm. And this is a new RF that I'm talking about!
Slee:

I traded for someone's Cyber Aquario RF, and it has that kind of movement, too! I currently have it on my Diablo because of its behavior.

Also, Cygnus is a swan, which means that your water CW streak is still unbroken. Wink
(Jul. 12, 2012  2:57 AM)Cake Wrote: Slee:

I traded for someone's Cyber Aquario RF, and it has that kind of movement, too! I currently have it on my Diablo because of its behavior.

Also, Cygnus is a swan, which means that your water CW streak is still unbroken. Wink

I just find it really odd that an RF would act like that. Then again, the texture of the rubber is kind of odd. It feels soft, but when pressed down it doesn't budge, and is hard as a R145.

Oh carp, your right about the swan thing! How cold I have forgotten? Blast it all, sunken again!

Yeah, Ketos looks really nice on Flash! It does get a bit in the way of the main contact points, but it fits perfectly.
Hmm, that's odd for an RF. Been wanting to buy a Cyber Aquario, but no dice in my area. Really need a new RF. Guess I don't have much of a choice, RF isn't that widely released. Was thinking of getting the one in RBV6, but there aren't any confirmed ones on eBay. ;(
I'll have to say that I think that there is a difference between the Cayber Aquario RF and the regular RF because this discussion along with several others that I have had with people (plus owning it myself) has led me to believe that the RFs that come with Cyber Aquario are significantly different firmness wise compared to other RFs although I am Not sure whether it is a consistent problem or not.
I don't remember my Cyber Aquario's RF acting significantly differently from regular RFs, but it's so worn anymore that I can't really test it. If I can find a decently priced Cyber I'll pick it up to see if it's got the movement pattern you guys described (and include its behavior in my future Movement Pattern article if it is different).

I do like how the green Ketos looks on Flash, but like Raigeko mentioned it blocks Flash's slopes the tiniest bit. It was my preference for awhile for its weight distribution and color, but I have a new favorite: I recently got the green Horogium recolor and I don't think I'll be able to use anything else on Flash again. It looks awesome and doesn't block the slopes at all.
Does Horogium's signature tilting style help the bey though?
If it does, all the better for you/it but if not, you might want to rethink its use.

EDIT: since this seems to have become the place to discuss crazy combos, here's one:
Night Gill BD145 RS
This is NOT a legend league bey. BD145 is banned in that meta due to its weight. No, this bey is designed to compete against the real meta.

The idea is as follows: RS has defensive grip, anchoring the bottom of the bey. Night has a fair bit of flywheel effect but no real weight, meaning it can self right effectively but topples under heavy hits. It also helps to make up for the lack of stamina of RS a little. BD145 adds weight to the bey, making it harder to KO, without weighing down the top, and adds an awful lot of grip when the bey begins to scrape. Gill has most of its weight on the outside, helping with the flywheel thing, and a lack of balance, meaning the bey has a tendancy to topple rather than be moved by hits.
Combine all of these and you have a bey that will grip the tornado ridge with its tip, topple on a hit, become a lot harder to move when on its side and self-right as it slides back towards the center. An effective lightweight defender. It also has great spin-equaliser resistance due to being almost entirely circular.

The most glaring weaknesses of this bey are its lack of stamina (losses to tornado stalling expected) and the potential for Gravity to score KOs on it that bypass the ridge altogether.

Anyone feel like properly testing this?
Okay, that is one of the most unique ideas I've heard in awhile, and I really like it. Utilizing RS, a low center of gravity, and a light wheel to make the Beyblade topple when hit rather than get sent flying... If that works, that's an utterly brilliant take on Defense that I've personally not seen before. I'm certainly crazy enough to want to try it! I'm going to goof around with stuff like that and normal mode E230 to see if the toppling effect actually happens. I am VERY interested to say the least.

That is also a cool use for Gil, encouraging toppling. That makes me want to write a lack-of-balance article, hah! I might PM you later to get some help with that.

As far as the total custom goes, there isn't much to change without changing the overall purpose. Earth might be a good wheel to try, since it is light by today's standards (especially certain molds) and it has less recoil. RB might give the custom some needed stamina to have a chance against tornado stallers, but it has an aggressive movement pattern and might not exhibit the toppling effect. RSF might work too, though again it's more aggressive. A more centered weight distribution might help it regain balance when hit and toppled, though the pieces for such a distribution are few and far between. Finally, like I said before, E230 normal mode might work, though it could be too tall for the toppling idea to work.

I like the idea; it's a unique take on defense that deserves to at least be tested. Grin
Alright Draco, you've got me.
Imma go mess around with it! :3 It's an interesting theory, and it seems actually quite viable!
It seems to work in my testing but my LL2 has died on me so I'm having to do everything with standard ripcord launchers. Also, I don't own Flash and my Blitz is worn.

Earth could be viable but it's still a good deal heavier than Night so I'm not sure. Worth trying though.
RB and RSF probably wouldn't work since both provide better balance and neither has the straight sides that I suspect are required for ridge gripping. Anything that adds stamina is a plus though so if you think they would you're welcome to try them. I don't own those though.
E230 could work brilliantly but it could also be a complete flop since it might topple at the wrong moment or not allow the right sort of contact to topple at all. Plus, any MW contact made would be bound to hit upwards, potentially bypassing the ridge.

Horogium and Nemesis are untested on this combo. Both could be viable substitutions for Gill and it is possible that one might aid stamina in some way.
(Jul. 12, 2012  5:05 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: It seems to work in my testing but my LL2 has died on me so I'm having to do everything with standard ripcord launchers. Also, I don't own Flash and my Blitz is worn.

Earth could be viable but it's still a good deal heavier than Night so I'm not sure. Worth trying though.
RB and RSF probably wouldn't work since both provide better balance and neither has the straight sides that I suspect are required for ridge gripping. Anything that adds stamina is a plus though so if you think they would you're welcome to try them. I don't own those though.
E230 could work brilliantly but it could also be a complete flop since it might topple at the wrong moment or not allow the right sort of contact to topple at all. Plus, any MW contact made would be bound to hit upwards, potentially bypassing the ridge.

Horogium and Nemesis are untested on this combo. Both could be viable substitutions for Gill and it is possible that one might aid stamina in some way.

Earth is a lot heavier, yeah. Maybe something like Thunder would work better?

I'll try with my Flash and see if I can get anything going.

What you said about RB and RSF makes sense, since the idea is to actually fall over when hit.

That's a good point about upward contact with E230, and that certainly would be exaggerated because of the light metal wheel. I'm going to give it a shot, though, so we'll see.

For the clear wheel, I think whichever is the lightest might work out the best, or whichever actually provides more stamina (you mentioned Gil having outward weight distribution, which could be a good or bad thing for this custom idea).
Thunder you say? I didn't actually think of trying the other legends, I was merely building off of a legend league defense combo I had been given and found something interesting.
@Inguilt:
I may have found a use for your Jade force smasher! It seems that Flash's sweeping curves of the bow in Attack Mode are fodder for Jade; it annihilated Flash as long as it stayed in the stadium. It also seems that Flash couldn't get a proper hit on Jade in order to KO it, seeing as KOs were pretty rare. It's not official testing yet, since I only did 10 or so rounds, but hey. I used MF Jade Cancer TH170RB and MF Flash Orion CH120R2F; Flash at 145 height and Jade at 220 height.

Of course, this will only add to your list of Flash killers, haha! Smile

EDIT: Okay, false alarm. I began formal testing and Flash KOed Jade easily every time. I guess I just got excited because I really wanted to see a use for force smashing in MFB. Maybe against defense because of BD145 scraping? Of course, everyone's going to use E230 so it's a moot point anyways. :\
A Beyblade launcher attached to Kamen Rider Meteor Storm's shaft. Awesome.
http://ameblo.jp/faiz-faiz-555-913/image...11518.html
The person should use better rubber bands, like the rubber bands used for clothes. What if he launches the beyblade and it snaps off? That would be funny!
(Jul. 13, 2012  3:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote: A Beyblade launcher attached to Kamen Rider Meteor Storm's shaft. Awesome.
http://ameblo.jp/faiz-faiz-555-913/image...11518.html

Dang I thought someone was able to adapt the launcher for his top with MFB or any generation for that matter
(Jul. 11, 2012  8:42 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2012  8:01 PM)Mu Wrote: I tuly do apologize for that th!nk... I didn't understand.

@th!nk: However, wheels that don't overhang the 85 track, will still scrape quite a bit. 85 XF will scrape even by the slightest tilt (even if the set-up is launched propely) so you're incorrect in that statement th!nk. When a combo using the 85 track is tilted, even by the slightest amount, it will badly scrape... no matter what The only way that 85 XF might not scrape is when its tornado stalled or slide shot, and even then, there's a chance it will if it tilts a bit, or makes contact with the opposing Beyblade.

You've just apologised and said the same thing again, as I said, it's a combination of wheel and tip, and again you're overestimating the scraping issues 85XF has, it's nowhere near that severe. Honestly, I just think you're incompetent with XF at this point. No, you can't launch XF at full speed or it will struggle in general with stability and staying in the stadium - that's XF, most other tips won't struggle with 85. And, in relation to the combinations this whole discussion is about, Weak Launching is used to launch them, and prevents the scrape, so "no matter what unless you use it like you should be using it" is a more appropriate sentence.

Based on your killerken thread, I also want to ask: Do you actually own XF, 85, Meteo, or any of the parts you're talking about?

As for 85WD, that's just plain wrong, there's a reason it's on the competitive combos list...

Yes, th!nk, I truly do own Meteo, 85, and XF.

I currently only own just one Meteo L Drago 85 XF (Ultimate Assault Version.)

I am definitely not incompetent with XF as I find it to be a much better attack bottom when compared to a GCF.

I am just definitely scared of using 85 __ because of scraping.

Anyways, E230 Boost Mode Just Gets Killed/Destroyed by my MF-L LDG 100 CF/GCF.

As my final thought for today, I am definitely going to test ou MF-L LDD 100 CF/GCF.

The assault version L-Drago II CW is very different to the regular one. That may have something to do with your differing results.
Yeah, Assault and Standard are two totally different ends of the spectrum.

And if you would PRACTICE with 85XF you could master it and not have to worry about scraping.
I don't care what testing says GCF/XF > CF and the variants.
Another random thought

Do you think that Saggitario (phws) with m145 q could k-o say flame byxis since m145 q jumps and byxis has 230 wd?
While it's possible, M145Q is largely unpredictable when in large jump mode so I don't think it'd be reliable.
Even if it were, Byxis isn't exactly top tier straight out the box or anything.
A long time ago that thought was brought up, using M145 as a way to attack 230-based customs. I don't remember hearing much about it other than it being mentioned. I think it's in a really old thread in the Customs forum if I remember correctly.
Thanks one more thing

Do you think that painted fusion wheels (not that most of us battle with them) alter the performance of the beyblade. Like Vulcan (horuseus tt) and vulcan (random booster 7)

Another random thought

I wonder why Takara Tomy did not make 4d in boosters and starters like all of the other series'