Beyblade Random Thoughts

I would just like to point out that my initial idea was intended to be as bottom heavy as possible. Any similarity to past combos is a result of how the idea evolved over time.
(Jul. 16, 2012  4:46 PM)Hazel Wrote: I feel it prudent to point out that you are the second member from Alabama to receive Advanced Status and then proceed to almost immediately snap Kai-V's head clean off in a thread over minor provocation.

I was the first, and my little fit was caused by basically the same external factor. So, Alabama-generated rage rolls right off of her by now, I'm sure, especially since she and I work together, haha.

I guess there really are times that Roll Tide/War Eagle aren't appropriate :V

And yeah, the idea for the toppler was rather different from Dracomageat's first thought for sure; the one I posted was, like he said, a result of testing variants of the idea rather than the original idea itself. They both fufill the idea of toppling when hit, though in different ways.
So onto a new topic:

MF-H Flash Orion W145MF

I'm having a hard time thinking of what actually beats this custom. It seems like the only customs that have the ability to truly withstand direct attacks from Flash don't have the stamina to OS this combo if it Tornado Stalls and vice versa. I know MF-H Flash ____ AD145MF has been around awhile, but W145 gives a solid 30-ish seconds more solo-spin time over AD145 (bringing it up to around 3:30) and makes the custom considerably harder to OS (hard enough that I cannot post my defense combo anymore since, while it could OS AD145, it can't OS W145).

In order to defeat this, it seems like you have to resort to an aggressive combo, be that a full-on Attack ditto or an Anti-Attack RF user, both of which are very inconsistent options. Is there any truly consistent way to defeat this that I'm missing? Again, it can Tornado Stall and OS any custom with enough defense to withstand direct attacks and it can KO any custom with enough stamina to survive a Tornado Stall.
When in doubt, I go back to the basics... Defense > Attack. So pick a good defense mw + defense track + good defense bottom with loads of stamina to overcome W145 + MF.

MF-H Duo __ BD145 RB comes to mind.
I'm conducting tests on my Diablo combo again, so I'll add your combo to to list of what I'm going to test it against.

Over 630 individual rounds of testing to go... xD
I just did some informal testing of MF-H Flash Orion W145MF vs. MF-H Duo Gasher BD145RB and it was a perfect example of what I was talking about, how the custom can OS any combo it can't KO and vice-versa.

If you launch Duo hard enough to have a chance at OSing Flash, you end up with an aggressively moving Duo that I was having no trouble at all KOing (and my Flash is getting pretty worn). If you don't launch Duo at full power so that it stays centered, it gets very easily OSed by a Tornado Stalling Flash (and it's worth mentioning it wasn't hard to KO either).

You might be thinking, "Wait, so if I'm using Duo then the Flash player now has to play a guessing game as to how hard I launch it"; this would be correct if we weren't talking about RB, as if you shoot this Flash custom into a Tornado Stall, it will come into contact with Duo if you launch it hard AND will OS it if you launch it weak. Thus, you can't take full advantage of both RB's defense and stamina capabilities due to its movement pattern.

I've also been trying MF-H Duo Gasher E230RS (which beat AD145 but can't beat W145), MF-H Duo Gasher E230RB (this gets KOed very easily), MF-H Duo Gasher E230RDF (RDF scrapes like crazy; I'm not sure if this is a problem with my RDF being worn or with the combo, but I can't make it work personally), and several others, so far to no avail.
That's interesting... I'll have a look at it tonight.

Speaking of which, when you launch full power, how does your RB move speed-wise?
(Jul. 17, 2012  5:37 AM)Uwik Wrote: That's interesting... I'll have a look at it tonight.

Speaking of which, when you launch full power, how does your RB move speed-wise?

It varies based on whether or not it catches the Tornado Ridge. If it doesn't, it's a little faster than RSF, but not as fast as RF by any means. If it catches the Tornado Ridge it actually has a habit of Tornado Stalling itself, and then it's one of the fastest tips I have, heh.

So far the best custom I've used against it was actually MF-H Wing Kerbecs R145RDF. Not BD145, R145, the custom I proposed a lonnnnng time ago. It just barely doesn't have enough stamina to OS a Tornado Stall from W145MF (I did a comparison test and it did OS AD145MF). My RDF is very, very calm (basically stationary). I was having a lot of trouble KOing it (I only did once or twice in the many informal tests I just did when I attacked into it), but the Tornado Stall got it :\
after a long time of denying it and trying to avoid it...I got plastic fever now I got the urge to play with plastics...Has anyone else done what i did? Or am i a exception?
lol. Why don't we have knights in shining light giving out promo cards haha.
(Jul. 17, 2012  12:02 PM)Ultra Wrote: lol. Why don't we have knights in shining light giving out promo cards haha.

Whoops, I kinda didn't provide the context of that post. LOL.

The guy was advertising the Hasbro BeybladeBattles.com website by giving out those codes that come in packages. I wanted to let people know about the "real-life" stuff that happens here. Hence the character in the story "chucking the code-card in the trash".

But still, why can't we have knights in shining light handing out promo cards?
ahah, there are only so many combinations of the 26 letter alphabet before all reliable letters are gone for the tracks and tips XD
(Jul. 17, 2012  1:45 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: They cost too much to employ...
I was joking, haha XD

(Jul. 17, 2012  1:48 PM)KaizerMFB Wrote: ahah, there are only so many combinations of the 26 letter alphabet before all reliable letters are gone for the tracks and tips XD
I think they will run out of new tips and tracks before they can use up all those letters and their arrangements ...
I love the shine of a set of brand new MF2 on MF-H.
I also love the color of DF105LRF from whatever set, the blue is astounding.
Rai: You have the one from UDXS. Pretty, ain't it?
(Jul. 17, 2012  1:52 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
I was joking, haha XD

I tend to respond to jokes in a seeminly serious fashion. It doesn't mean I actually take them seriously but it does liven things up a bit, so long as people don't assume I'm serious myself.
(Jul. 17, 2012  4:11 PM)Tech Wrote: Rai: You have the one from UDXS. Pretty, ain't it?

Mhm. :3 got it and the DF105LRF for only a buck too! This new MF-H doesn't do as well as my old one... Dunno why, it just seems that way Confused
(Jul. 17, 2012  4:39 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2012  1:52 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
I was joking, haha XD

I tend to respond to jokes in a seeminly serious fashion. It doesn't mean I actually take them seriously but it does liven things up a bit, so long as people don't assume I'm serious myself.

To be quite frank, I can't tell the difference sometimes (with other people as well) XD

Kreis Cygnus normal mode is so wobbly. huh? I can't put it in the right place i think? Help me out..
It's supposed to slide. That's its gimmick.
You Know it a bit same with Scythe Kronos
That's also it's gimmick, BattleLion. Free-spinning PC Frame.

Rai: A buck? Only? All hail King of Bargains! haha

My whole UDXS Set was $62.88, (gotta luv dat 88powerpig88, yo) so mine was at least $2-$3 Uncertain
MF-M/MF-H/MF Basalt Pisces M145 GCF/CF performs interestingly in the Zero G stadium. If you move M145 to where Basalt's gap is, Basalt will be completely balanced and will abled to KO and SKO its opponents.