Beyblade Random Thoughts

As a reply to a post about throwing basalts and diablos at people's heads, what if you throw a diablo as hard as ya can without ductape?! Results: the diablo parts would split mid-path and hit 2 peoples' heads!!! XD
Brilliant idea.
Now to go practice.. Hey, wanna help? XD
I'm kinda glad TT is stepping away from rubber tips for right now. They just dominate way too much in both metas, IMO.
(Jun. 12, 2012  11:04 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I'm kinda glad TT is stepping away from rubber tips for right now. They just dominate way too much in both metas, IMO.

Too much? Wasn't there a rule of thumb about Rubber tips regarding wear and tear? Not trying to sandbag here, just asking a question.

Yeah, there is, but I think they've realized how OP they were when compared to other tips (like RF/R²F > a simple F, ect.) and they're trying to make up for it in Zero-G, by just using plastic tips at the time.
RDF is amazing in the Zero-G attack stadium its more like a xxf with a defense setting when it slows down.
(Jun. 12, 2012  4:00 PM)potato Wrote: What do you guys think about making a thread called "What MFB reminds you most about plastics?"?

Any feedback, guys (and gals)? Goddamit I feel like an attention seeker now.
(Jun. 12, 2012  11:43 PM)potato Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2012  4:00 PM)potato Wrote: What do you guys think about making a thread called "What MFB reminds you most about plastics?"?

I would ask one of the mods first. I do like the idea though (Dark Knight Dragoon)! Tongue_out
(Jun. 12, 2012  11:43 PM)potato Wrote:

It sounds like a decent idea for a thread, honestly. I never got big into plastics, but from all the mentioning of it, I'll probably say Dragoon=Lightning L-Drago?
@ Crab Commando: Actually, it would be LLD=Dragoon Wink.
I've been thinking. Would it make sense to split MFB into 3 weight groups?
Legends and Crystal Wheel users.
Metal Series through to Maximum Series (excluding Legends).
4D and Synchrom.

Of course, Clash would become godly but there are flaws in any plan.
The thing is you're splitting it by wheel weights, when there are two gigantic plastic disks in the track department that cause woe everywhere.
You have a point. BD and E230 might have to be restricted to their respective weight groups and above.
I see no reason to restrict the use of CF on Counter though, for example.
Counter + CF = recoil city, love it.
Counter Byxis ED145CF? Might aswell go all the way :p.
I'd choose H145 instead, haha!

Counter/Midnight + H145 + GCF = a noisy outlaw.

The story of a bey that hated violence; something that punished itself upon attacking anything else, by banishing itself from Stadium city.
Midnight/Clash is actually designed for aggression though and could potentially be good if it weren't so light compared to everything else (IE in the proposed meta). Counter seems a lot less viable.
(Jun. 13, 2012  4:00 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I'd choose H145 instead, haha!

Counter/Midnight + H145 + GCF = a noisy outlaw.

The story of a bey that hated violence; something that punished itself upon attacking anything else, by banishing itself from Stadium city.

Wow, that's actually kind of a cool sentence short story XD

(Jun. 13, 2012  4:20 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Midnight/Clash is actually designed for aggression though and could potentially be good if it weren't so light compared to everything else (IE in the proposed meta). Counter seems a lot less viable.

I'm positive if they had been 10g heavier they'd have found use in attack customizations, deifinitely.
(Jun. 13, 2012  4:20 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Midnight/Clash is actually designed for aggression though and could potentially be good if it weren't so light compared to everything else (IE in the proposed meta). Counter seems a lot less viable.

Yeah, that's true.

When lord Wolfblade first tried out Midnight for Upper Attack, I really liked it. Smile

Back then, the weight was still an issue...
So one can imagine how badly it'd fair in today's "Be heavy or you suck" meta...

@Raigeko- Thanks! XD
The most viable legend is Fury by far. It's so smooth it deflects attacks nicely while having a fair bit of stamina. Of course, it's still not really that great since it still gets batted around like nobody's buisiness.
Wall rebounds from it KO Basalt though...
Well, most Legend wheels are quite well designed. Just that, they are SO light, that even if they seem to be viable for something, they cannot find any use in that category no matter what.
Its a shame, really... Unhappy

Hence why the Legend and Crystal league could be very interesting.
(Jun. 13, 2012  4:46 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: The most viable legend is Fury by far. It's so smooth it deflects attacks nicely while having a fair bit of stamina. Of course, it's still not really that great since it still gets batted around like nobody's buisiness.
Wall rebounds from it KO Basalt though...

Fury is essentially the same as Capricorn (I own them both.)
Capricorn was one of the worst Metal System beys.
Annnnndddd them being relatively the same (minus the added Clear Wheel) doesn't help it. Capricorn/Fury is a poor design, and they're terirble. I find Counter or Thunder to be the best wheels form the Legend Series, as Thunder is on par with Earth, only having minimal less Stamina/Defense than it, and Counter can be used when paired with RF, better than any other wheel in the Legend Series.
I don't own Thunder but Counter hasn't done anything amazing for me yet. My Cyber has seen more use than it has.