Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 29, 2012  1:17 PM)Eternal Blader Wrote:
(May. 29, 2012  3:07 AM)ElderBow Wrote: Oh my gosh! Sorry for the double post, but I just got my Earth Zurafa 100WD to stop spinning upright! I knew this was possible with flat tips but not with my brand new mint condition WD. I just checked it and it is still very pointy. Has this happened before with you guys?

That happens with my MF Earth Aquila GB145WD. I have no clue how my WD does this at all but it always happens if I launch it perfectly straight.

Worn WD will do this. It is not rocket surgery.

(May. 29, 2012  1:48 PM)Maya Wrote: I've done it before with a CS... I don't remember how I did it, but I have a picture of it floating around somewhere on the internet...

Pretty much any tip that ends up on a flat point can do this, really. A couple of my CS that I deliberately had a little more aggressive than not could do it reliably.
I've have this happen with WDs, an SD, even an RS(worn)! I always get nervous when this happens because it makes it worry about my part's legality.

On another note, I have this Hasbro RF(from a Cyber Aquario) that's like magical or something, because after about 2 months or so of usage, it shows almost NO sign of wearage. It is very firm, which I wanted in a RF so it wouldn't wear too quick, but around a week ago I used it a ton of times, battling Aquario uncostomized against ths defense combo over and over again, and it looked pretty much the same as when I started.Chocked_2 I did an unboxing on it the day I got it, and it looks like it might have lost a milimeter at most. If Hasbro makes an RDF, I hope I get one just as firm.
Yeah I have the same Hasbro RF and it's the same way(Very Firm) but as a side effect it is also very controllable.
So they reinforced the rubber?

Didn't think that was supposed to be done, but okay.
I have a feeling that the nemesis CW would look really cool if someone painted it so both of the angelic figures are well visible from a first glance. Of course, the undead one would be painted differently than the more elagant looking one. If I ever get another nemesis for cheap, I'm going to try to do that. I'll just wait for Hasbro's release, ha ha.

EDIT: carp, now I'm thinking of painting the diablo wheel as well!
Perhaps an odd batch of rubber for the RF's was release or maybe because of the difference of the rubber compositions of the different colors.
Hazel I said it was a mint WD. I had just got it the day before that post and hadn't used it until just then. And there is no dent in my stadium.
Where does it do it? Near the Tornado Ridge due to the movement from progression, in the middle, where?
Quite a couple things:
Do you guys test new Top-Tier Beys against former Top-Tier Beys? I'm not talking about the Beys they outclassed, but the Beys that were at the top before those and old classics like Rev-Up Launcher = Tons of fun KO's. Don't have Top-Tier parts yet but still enjoying Blading while I can.
I tried something similar to that not so very long ago, but Flash took away all of the fun.

I also can't understand how the Metagame wasn't ruled by Attack in the time between Libra's ban and the Maximum Series. Earth Defense combos even on RS and RSF were relatively easy to beat even with Pegasis at that period. And as long as the user had a well-controllable RF, they should've been fine. It really isn't that hard to control a worn RF that's not to the point of illegality... People couldn't've been that afraid to use Attack, right?
@dude_31415 It is right in the middle.
Sorry, that post by Zhadow is actually me. He came over last night, used my computer, and forgot to log off.
It seems that the Legend Beyblade Set is officially being distributed to the lottery winners for the Dragon 2012 Campaign, because I already saw two Japanese post about it :
http://ameblo.jp/handmadesuki/entry-11264691217.html
I wish we had the WBBA like Japan does. Do you think they will ever be as active and widespread as they are in Japan? I have never seen or heard of any WBBA events near me.
(May. 31, 2012  6:40 AM)ElderBow Wrote: I wish we had the WBBA. Do you think they will ever come to the states?

Ehh... Probably not (Sadly). Think about it... Who'll run it? And I don't think America has a large enough fanbase. Yes. I know (think) I'm wrong. But, we'll never know right?
My newest RF got one year old on 26th. I used it regularly on my Variares and yes, it is quite fast too. I did get some nice KOs when I used it in the tournament. My second RF(oldest Tongue_out) is 1.5 year old and that is quite fast too. But, I haven't launched a new RF for almost 6 months now so.. Not really sure if both of them could have been faster. Also, there seems to be something wrong with my EWD. During the finals of the Mumbai event, it self-KOd twice on Gravity. It's just 2 weeks old and I dont use it frequently either but it gets so aggressive in battle that Gravity starts tornado stalling and just self-KOs. Good thing that I weak launched and used it in right spin later to spin-steal the win.
Sometimes they go bad like that really quickly. Maybe something got stuck inside?
I'm now pretty convinced Destroyer's WD is better defensively than the regular WD, though I can't imagine why the minor mold variation would be that big a deal.
It's because Hasbro did an overhaul to the performance tips.

It's been said more than twice that it doesn't affect performance.
I know what they did and why, I just didn't expect it to be as big of a deal as it seems to be from my experience.
Yes, I know it has been said to make no difference but, frankly, they'll say that about anything.

No "Burn Wheel" on my burn wheel? Doesn't make a difference.
Slight bubble on one side of my legend bull? Doesn't make a difference.
CH120 doesn't hold a facebolt right? Doesn't make a difference.
The rubber is softer on my Hasbro beys? Doesn't make a difference.
The point on my FS is a bit worn? Doesn't make a difference.

Can you understand why I don't take everything said here as absolute truth now?
So last night I got out my R²F (Mold 3 from GanGanGalaxy Set)
Okay.
That.
Was.
AMAZING.
IT IS SO CONTROLLABLE, AND SO FAST, OH MY GOD I HAVE TO PURCHASE LIKE 3 MORE.
Plus... Who doesn't want 3 more CS's too? AND SHINY METAL WHEELS?! Eee
Honestly though, that was what R²F was meant to be. I don't have a mold 1, so idk what they're like, but I have mold 2, and it is a DEFINITE improvement. Mold 2 attacks slower and has more stamina, but can't hold a flower pattern as well, and usually ends up Tornado Stalling. With mold 3 however, that doesn't happen so quick. Grin
(May. 31, 2012  3:02 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I know what they did and why, I just didn't expect it to be as big of a deal as it seems to be from my experience.
Yes, I know it has been said to make no difference but, frankly, they'll say that about anything.

No "Burn Wheel" on my burn wheel? Doesn't make a difference.
Slight bubble on one side of my legend bull? Doesn't make a difference.
CH120 doesn't hold a facebolt right? Doesn't make a difference.
The rubber is softer on my Hasbro beys? Doesn't make a difference.
The point on my FS is a bit worn? Doesn't make a difference.

Can you understand why I don't take everything said here as absolute truth now?

It's not that it doesn't make a difference, all of those things will, it's that it doesn't make a "significant" difference in a competitive situation - though a few of those things you listed would, the changes hasbro made to tips, that I've seen, appear pretty inconsequential.
(May. 31, 2012  3:16 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: So last night I got out my R²F (Mold 3 from GanGanGalaxy Set)
Okay.
That.
Was.
AMAZING.
IT IS SO CONTROLLABLE, AND SO FAST, OH MY GOD I HAVE TO PURCHASE LIKE 3 MORE.
Plus... Who doesn't want 3 more CS's too? AND SHINY METAL WHEELS?! Eee
Honestly though, that was what R²F was meant to be. I don't have a mold 1, so idk what they're like, but I have mold 2, and it is a DEFINITE improvement. Mold 2 attacks slower and has more stamina, but can't hold a flower pattern as well, and usually ends up Tornado Stalling. With mold 3 however, that doesn't happen so quick. Grin

I wish my R2F was like that. My current one is from the Hasbro Triple Battle Set, and it's rock-hard and almost... I dunno... greasy? Kinda disgusting. At least it doen't wear down instantly, like what happend to my last R2F.
(May. 31, 2012  2:12 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I'm now pretty convinced Destroyer's WD is better defensively than the regular WD, though I can't imagine why the minor mold variation would be that big a deal.

I have 2 Gravity Destroyer WDs, and they are both nice and pointy. I have no idea what's going on here.
Lack of the words "Burn Wheel" reduces recoil, allowing for major grinding against 230 and thus the ability to defeat once top teir Bassalt combos when on Burn Horogium 130 B. This by no means makes that bey good but with TT Burn it was far worse.
The slight bubble on my Legend Bull CW means it will tilt very slightly, giving it an advantage over regular Bull CWs in any situation where low attacks are needed and meaning it will win the mirror match ~95% of the time (trust me on this number, I tested a lot and while it occasionally drew, it never lost).
CH120 not holding a facebolt properly means it doesn't hold its 145 height as well either and may drop back down in battle.
Softer rubber means more grip, meaning greater rate of spin equalisation on a CW or track and less recoil and stamina on a tip.
FS going agressive more often and staying that way longer most definitely changes its performance. It doesn't really affect competetive play because the tip sucks but if it didn't it most certaily would.

Everything I listed is something I have been told was inconsequential atleast once and not one of them actually was. Thus I figure any minor difference is worthy of my attention, no matter how small it may appear.

(May. 31, 2012  3:44 PM)dude_31415 Wrote: I have 2 Gravity Destroyer WDs, and they are both nice and pointy. I have no idea what's going on here.

The WD from Gravity Destroyer is externally no different to any other but has 6 small bits of plastic reinforcing the connection between sides and base on the inside that other WDs lack.
Theoretically, this should make only a neglidgeable difference but my Earth based combo seems significantly harder to KO when using that than when using any other WD I possess.
I do not know who told you those things were inconsequential, but they are not, so you should not hold an immense grudge over this community or whatever this seems to be, and you can still trust us over most things ...

By the way, my CH120 also does not maintain its height, but it holds the Face properly.