Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 17, 2012  11:30 PM)J o n Wrote: Well a fun XF combo to play with is MF MLDCH120XF. I praticed that combo for a while now and its pretty easy to use now. IMO, its the most underrated combo in the game; it kills, Duo, Death, and Basalt no matter what combo. By OS of course and KOing(s). The most underrated combo. . . . . . .

Oh and congrats to WBO reaching 1000+ pages on this thread!

...a combo that is so famous it has an insipid nickname is not underrated. If anything, I believe the performance abilities of it are exaggerated nearly to, if not surpassing, the degree of MFLLDBD145LRF. Your post making the utterly false claim of defeat regardless of combo is pretty demonstrative of my point, actually.
Does any one test keychain Beyblades against real ones?

My Thermal Lacerta one almost beat the real Thermal Lacerta...it was hilarious. Last second KO for the Keychain.
I'd test mine against a full-sized one if I didn't mind scratching the paint/sticker, but I do. Plus, I'm still not entirely sure if it's the same metal blend, or if it's just cheaper stuff, so I don't want to risk breaking it.
Maybe just buy a keychain Bey that you hate?

I don't know. Buy two of the same kind of Bey. Then test it.

It doesn't seem to be the same metal blend..
I would never buy something with the intention of damaging it.
(Jan. 17, 2012  11:52 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2012  11:30 PM)J o n Wrote: Well a fun XF combo to play with is MF MLDCH120XF. I praticed that combo for a while now and its pretty easy to use now. IMO, its the most underrated combo in the game; it kills, Duo, Death, and Basalt no matter what combo. By OS of course and KOing(s). The most underrated combo. . . . . . .

Oh and congrats to WBO reaching 1000+ pages on this thread!

...a combo that is so famous it has an insipid nickname is not underrated. If anything, I believe the performance abilities of it are exaggerated nearly to, if not surpassing, the degree of MFLLDBD145LRF. Your post making the utterly false claim of defeat regardless of combo is pretty demonstrative of my point, actually.

Well, not everyone that can controll XF. I'm just used to playing it around and seems easy to use. And what got me saying "underrated" was because me and Dakota was talking about how no one uses it in a tournies and not much can control XF. Well, I cant do flower pattern but it kind of "spring back" when it hits the side wall of the stadia and do its work. I apolodgize for my claim .

Not too long ago, I noticed that my death wheel started rattling after playing it around with Blitz and Vari. Does anyone have this too? Kind of nervous. . . . . .
If you're using a Metal Face, that is probably why. MF-H does it less, and Plastic Facebolts tend not to do it at all.
Check this out guys : http://www.beybladebattles.com/
Our fears have become a true fact. The "XTS" system is really messing it up... But that stadium... It looks very peculiar. What are your thoughts about this?
These have been known for a long time, and we've been talking about them in the Metal Masters Hobby thread for around a month.
Boy am i late... sorry bout that.
Apparently two of the winning combinations at the Grade 1 event that was held in Japan last weekend involved Diablo.

1 - Diablo Nemesis BD145R²F (Metal Face : Heavy)
2 - Duo Leone B:D (Metal Face : Heavy)
3 - Diablo Hororgium CH120RS (Metal Face : Heavy)

Also, they call this "researcher" who helped demonstrate the Zero G stadium "G" ...
https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c...19_kai.jpg
Diablo and Duo, no surprises there. The Duo probably would've been first if they'd used a better track/tip setup, but oh well.

Also I want that guys job.
@th!nk- But, look at Diablo!!!
The combo, is a Steam Roller!

MF-H....
Diablo....
BD145....

What more do you expect?!

And, this heavyweight champion has the running shoes on with the "B" button pressed, i.e. R²F.
Demolition Extravaganza....
It's a steamroller with average attack power, sluggish movement, an offensively restrictive track, and terrible stamina.

Against the strongest defense and equal-strongest stamina wheel in the game. If Duo had used TH170CS it would have been very close, if they'd used TH170RDF I'm pretty sure Duo would have won, and if they'd used BD145CS it wouldn't even be a contest. That said, I don't know what stadium was used.
Metaphors are fine as long as we stay on this side of the line and don't cross over into nickname territory. For example, I wouldn't want to see that particular metaphor repeated again in describing the same combo.
(Jan. 18, 2012  1:58 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Metaphors are fine as long as we stay on this side of the line and don't cross over into nickname territory. For example, I wouldn't want to see that particular metaphor repeated again in describing the same combo.

I am quite sure Janstarblast and I are very much aware of the fact nicknames are off limits (especially after you gave Dan his first warning for merely using one in passing over in the Advanced Forum instead of simply asking him to remove it given there is no way that was anything more than a small oversight on his part), and if anyone started calling MF-H Diablo Nemesis BD145R2F "the steamroller" or something based off Janstarblast using a rather appropriate metaphor and me responding by repeating that metaphor, a characteristic of my natural writing style, then they probably wouldn't last long on this site anyway.

As for metaphors being within the rules as long as we only liken a combination to any one thing through that literary device twice, that's reassuring and I will try to keep it in mind in future. Is the limit more or less for similes? Also, would it be okay if we compared the combo to a steamroller via simile after two posts of using it as a metaphor, or would that tilt the scales to far?

I just want to get a picture for what threshold of literary device usage tips the scales into "immediate warning" territory, and the weighting on each literary device. Are there actually any others we should be wary of lest we find ourselves a few percentage points closer to being banned from the site?

I've made a suggestion about making these and other rules clearer over in Make Your Suggestions. I'd love some feedback from you about it.

Anyway, I think I'd best go make sure I haven't used any metaphors twice in the 20 or so wiki articles I'm working on at the moment.
I nearly pissed my pants this morning as i thought i went to sleep and went back in time because i walked down my hallway to find a engine gear winder down the middle on the floor. O_O
When I find old toys lying around, I generally assume someone has left them lying around, rather than me having travelled back in time, to be the cause of my toy-related anachronism.
(Jan. 18, 2012  3:12 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: I nearly pissed my pants this morning as i thought i went to sleep and went back in time because i walked down my hallway to find a engine gear winder down the middle on the floor. O_O

Ironically same thing happened to me. But I found a hole lot of my old plastics this morning before work
(Jan. 18, 2012  3:24 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2012  3:12 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: I nearly pissed my pants this morning as i thought i went to sleep and went back in time because i walked down my hallway to find a engine gear winder down the middle on the floor. O_O

Ironically same thing happened to me. But I found a hole lot of my old plastics this morning before work

Did you assume you had travelled back in time?

Iquote='Kai-V' pid='883723' dateline='1326862954']
Apparently two of the winning combinations at the Grade 1 event that was held in Japan last weekend involved Diablo.

1 - Diablo Nemesis BD145R²F (Metal Face : Heavy)
2 - Duo Leone BGrin (Metal Face : Heavy)
3 - Diablo Hororgium CH120RS (Metal Face : Heavy)

Also, they call this "researcher" who helped demonstrate the Zero G stadium "G" ...
https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c...19_kai.jpg
[/quote]

That diablo ch120 looks fun. Definitely gonma try that this weekend.
(Jan. 18, 2012  3:26 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2012  3:24 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Did you assume you had travelled back in time?

For a moment I wish had. But I had a dream I did.
(Jan. 18, 2012  10:16 AM)th!nk Wrote: It's a steamroller with average attack power, sluggish movement, an offensively restrictive track, and terrible stamina.

Against the strongest defense and equal-strongest stamina wheel in the game. If Duo had used TH170CS it would have been very close, if they'd used TH170RDF I'm pretty sure Duo would have won, and if they'd used BD145CS it wouldn't even be a contest. That said, I don't know what stadium was used.

Ah yes, that's true for sure! But of course, Diablo would still have been a tough competition to be honest... OK, before its release, I used to be the first in the list to say that this would suck, even if it has that weight. But suddenly, I have started liking it. Tongue_out
Probably another part (after DS) which may get its dose of glorification under my patronage. Just to get my hands on it! Wink
As for the stadium, isn't that guy holding a BB-10? That makes me believe that probably BB-10 was used. But of course, I may be wrong...

Arupaeo- Oh, I am sorry to have used that metaphor. It was probably the best description for that combo, should one be asked to describe it in one word.

But yeah, don't worry! I (and th!nk) will keep this in check. Wink
No, he's holding the Zero-G Stadium.

As for diablo, it doesn't do well against defensive duo combinations no matter what you do with it.
Pinching_eyes_2
Wow, that was so dumb of me to call that a BB-10...

As for Diablo vs. Duo, yes that's true.
The use of B: D there, would see a lot of criticism, but of course, he came 2nd... Which means, there were combos which were worse than this. The Duo combo used there was not up to the mark, but all in all, Diablo won! Cool

Just kidding! You see*Caution, confusing sentence coming up*, it feels nice to see something win against something it is not expected to win against.
(Jan. 18, 2012  2:24 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2012  1:58 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Metaphors are fine as long as we stay on this side of the line and don't cross over into nickname territory. For example, I wouldn't want to see that particular metaphor repeated again in describing the same combo.

I am quite sure Janstarblast and I are very much aware of the fact nicknames are off limits (especially after you gave Dan his first warning for merely using one in passing over in the Advanced Forum instead of simply asking him to remove it given there is no way that was anything more than a small oversight on his part), and if anyone started calling MF-H Diablo Nemesis BD145R2F "the steamroller" or something based off Janstarblast using a rather appropriate metaphor and me responding by repeating that metaphor, a characteristic of my natural writing style, then they probably wouldn't last long on this site anyway.

As for metaphors being within the rules as long as we only liken a combination to any one thing through that literary device twice, that's reassuring and I will try to keep it in mind in future. Is the limit more or less for similes? Also, would it be okay if we compared the combo to a steamroller via simile after two posts of using it as a metaphor, or would that tilt the scales to far?

I just want to get a picture for what threshold of literary device usage tips the scales into "immediate warning" territory, and the weighting on each literary device. Are there actually any others we should be wary of lest we find ourselves a few percentage points closer to being banned from the site?

I've made a suggestion about making these and other rules clearer over in Make Your Suggestions. I'd love some feedback from you about it.

Anyway, I think I'd best go make sure I haven't used any metaphors twice in the 20 or so wiki articles I'm working on at the moment.

Dude, did you just get almost warned for calling a beyblade a 'steamroller'? I don't get it, even if it was a nickname, to be punished over it seems quite trivial. Can anyone explain it to me, cos I don't want to be breaking any rules now do I?

On another note, a very good friend of mine sold me:

Dranzer V2
Dranzer F
Dragoon MF's sub attack ring (finally, I get to complete my Dragoon MF after 8 years)
Dranzer MF
Dranzer GT
Bloody Devil MS
Burning Kerberous
Dragoon G
Dranzer MS

and as a birthday gift, he added in Black Dranzer and SLASH RIGER! All for just £30! Happy days! Might take the Gold Driger MS off his hands too. Dunno why I've become so obsessed with collecting beyblades recently! Smile