Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 29, 2011  4:46 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: good lord. how does the company that made zombies possible screw up a bearing track?
Zombies could only work perfectly in a low RPM game.
MFB has a lot of metal contact with smash/recoil/high RPM.

No way are these conditions suitable for perfect spin stealing. Likely it will be blown away upon impact.

Free spinning parts without bearings are overrated. B: D would have been great if the bottom was changeable. It's awkward height is not helping either.

On a related note, my B: D seems to lose its solo spin time gradually.

MINT: 5+ min
1 month usage: 6+ min
2+ months usage: 4 min

Same here my B:D spun nearly seven minutes back in September, but now reaches about five minutes.
I just got my B:D for Christmas, but it's already started to decrease in spin time. The highest mine got was around 5:30, and now it's a miracle to break the 4:30 mark.
Mine's a mold A1 by the way, so it's already terrible.
after extensive use of my r2f, surprisingly it hasnt worn down much, also the middle part of r2f feels like plasttic
My R2F is as tall as the thickness of paper.
Yet it still performs correctly.
a battle between mf variares ch120 r2f and mf-h duo aqaurio th170 rdf, caused my stadium to have a crack
i was thinking what is the backstory to beyblade? what caused people to go and start battle with spinning tops?

i have recently gotten a stadium after being out of the game for so long i still have only the original mfb and the newest i have is galaxy pegasus
To save the world from evil forces of course.
(Dec. 29, 2011  4:53 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Diablo Nemesis. The heaviest wheel at 52 grams, which can change modes. One of its modes allows it to Spin freely! There are some restrictions of using its modes though. Smile

that's insane, which leads me to this:

(Dec. 29, 2011  5:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You do not understand ... HMS got ended, and there is a reason for it. Obviously they did not want to repeat the mistake of creating such a powerful stamina part.
It's ending probably had zero to do with Bearing Core being powerful and more to do with beyblade just losing popularity in general.

Even if that was true, they failed at balance miserably.. In the earlier days of MFB Libra and Virgo to a lesser extent Dominated because of their stamina.. Libra was even banned because of it's ridiculous stamina, defense, and weight. If they cared in the beginning, I think they stopped once all of the wheels started weighing in at 40g's+..

Correct me on this if I'm wrong, but is stamina not the dominate type currently?

(Dec. 29, 2011  5:27 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Zombies could only work perfectly in a low RPM game.
MFB has a lot of metal contact with smash/recoil/high RPM.

No way are these conditions suitable for perfect spin stealing. Likely it will be blown away upon impact.

This may be true..

when using r2f in left spin how much does the power decrease by
Yeah, I highly doubt it had anything to do with BC taking over. Moreso, was that people just lost interest in Beyblade. I also remember hearing that they shut it down, due to the anime being more popular than the actual game.
Which I still don't get that, but eh, what can you do?

dragoonevo
Ask in Ask a Question, Get an Answer.
And absolutely no connection can be made between one powerful part existing and a lack of interest ? There were a lot of reasons behind the suspension of Beyblade production, and I do not think you can just shove the partial blame away from this.
As for the current dominant type, it's more Defense, or Defense/Stamina (as pure defense parts like RS don't see much use) MF-H [Stamina/Def parts] CS/RDF basically. Most Defense wheels also have great stamina.

Of course I'm worried about where beyblade is heading. :\
(Dec. 29, 2011  11:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote: And absolutely no connection can be made between one powerful part existing and a lack of interest ? There were a lot of reasons behind the suspension of Beyblade production, and I do not think you can just shove the partial blame away from this.

I really don't think there is any connection between the demise of beyblade in the HMS era that can be made with Bearing Core.. Overpowering stamina/defense parts seem the norm in MFB just as it was in HMS.

I get the impression that attack types are still very viable when used by experienced players, just as it was in the HMS era.

(Dec. 29, 2011  11:41 PM)th!nk Wrote: As for the current dominant type, it's more Defense, or Defense/Stamina (as pure defense parts like RS don't see much use) MF-H [Stamina/Def parts] CS/RDF basically. Most Defense wheels also have great stamina.

Of course I'm worried about where beyblade is heading. :\

This sounds exactly like what was going on with Libra.. Heavy Wheels that can perform defense and stamina superbly are the dominate parts. It's no better than what was going on with Bearing Core.
The problem is, unlike the Libra scenario, every wheel is performing at about the same pace right now - if we were to ban one, we'd need to ban them all, all the way back down to Basalt.

And then we'd have to ban BD145.

Slippery slope.
Once again I still heavily support the idea of a second format, removing the "super-powered" parts. That way we have an open format which is similarly open to the whims of Takara-Tomy's release cycle, and a more carefully moderated second format, which is steady, but finely balanced.
I wouldn't suggest banning any part unless it absolutely kills the viability of every other part in the game.. It sounds like the power creep has created a sort of topsy turvy balance.

In respect to HMS.. I don't think banning BC would have opened up much more variety in the HMS era.. At best metal sharp core would have taken it's place in tornado balance.. It'd have been run over by Metal Change and the GFC's though and we'd be back to square one.

Don't mean to be rude hazel but you never been in a tourney. I mean once its that specific overpowered MW everyone will spam it. Quite sickening and annoying. So how could you possibly know the 'slope' not based on test hut based on tournament results. Again, I don't mean to be rude.
HMS just did not really care at all about balance, and on some level, I think I am okay with how it turned out for HMS.

TT is doing something very similar now with MFB, but it's not turning out as well...
The thing about HMS is there were a few parts that did their job very well and in a fun way.. GFC, GFC: UM, Metal Change Core, Bearing Core, and Bearing Core 2.

You had to ban all of those parts in order to open up the viability of things that did what they do, but worse. You could have banned all of those except Metal Change Core, and you'd be left with a game dominated by Metal Sharp and mostly Metal Change.

Banning Circle Upper and Samurai Upper would have brought Slash Upper, Jiraiya Blade, and Metal Ape into dominance.
Forget what I said Tired I mis read your post and I am on NY phone which makes it hard for me to see. NY bad Hazelnuts
One does not need to be at each individual tournament to hear what combos were prominent at them anyway, so you would not have had a valid point either way.
Definitely agree with Hazel on that point.. You don't need to witness something first hand to have a wealth of knowledge on the situation..

The study of history would likely be destroyed if we put that attitude in practice.
Making a separate format is just trouble for the Beypoint System, remember that.