Beyblade Random Thoughts

HMS is extraordinarily limited in what can and cannot be used effectively, that is entirely true. However, it's also entirely due to such a short production run...
I prefer HMS to all the other generations actually.. The only gripes I had was with the sturdiness of the Grip attack cores.. As far as I know, the durability issue has been very much improved on with MFB (aside from the beylauncher).

MFB is pretty dull at the moment, it's basically "Buy the newest bey. Put it on standard parts. Win."

Most people prefer HMS, I avoid it as I can't afford a third system (and TBTS seem to be as rare as hen's teeth), but yeah, despite the limited metagame, it seems to still manage to entertain people more than anything.

Breakage has improved significantly, stronger plastics etc, but launchers still break and rubber still wears.
(Dec. 27, 2011  5:41 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: I prefer HMS to all the other generations actually.. The only gripes I had was with the sturdiness of the Grip attack cores.. As far as I know, the durability issue has been very much improved on with MFB (aside from the beylauncher).

I also prefer HMS, honestly. I'm just saying it's the most limited in terms of what you can get away with using.

(Dec. 27, 2011  7:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: MFB is pretty dull at the moment, it's basically "Buy the newest bey. Put it on standard parts. Win."

Most people prefer HMS, I avoid it as I can't afford a third system (and TBTS seem to be as rare as hen's teeth), but yeah, despite the limited metagame, it seems to still manage to entertain people more than anything.

Breakage has improved significantly, stronger plastics etc, but launchers still break and rubber still wears.

Tornado Attack aren't too hard to come by, and TBTS isn't really that necessary... especially if your goal isn't to have a game of "everything but Wolborg loses".

HMS just move in a more... fluid? manner. Perhaps "smoother" is a better way to put it - I'm not quite sure. There's just something much more enjoyable about watching them battle.
Did I read that incorrectly or something? The point of TBTS is to prevent wolborg beating everything. I'd definitely want that stadium, as it seems fairer.
Tornado Attack does a really solid job of making sure Wolborg is of no serious threat.

Attack is extremely easy to use in HMS, and even Metal Change Core can reliably KO Bearing Core.
TBTS was literally the worst stadium released in the HMS era.. It's cramped, and the combos that always win are attack combos, and if you want to be specific: samurai upper, CWD: Defense, GFC/GFC: UM.. The only thing aside from attack types that could occasionally win in that stadium was a ridiculously heavy Bearing Core 2 combo, and it still wasn't a reliable way to win.

Bearing Core was right at home in Tornado Balance, but people who were good with the sliding shoot could still defeat it with your typical smash/upper attackers. Tornado Attack is the best bey stadium I've used.. Everything gets a chance fair chance in it..

The HMS system feels far more smooth and refined than MFB or Plastics.. MFB feels very similar to using Plastics except worse because of the beylauncher.
(Dec. 27, 2011  8:40 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: The HMS system feels far more smooth and refined than MFB or Plastics.. MFB feels very similar to using Plastics except worse because of the beylauncher.

I've got to agree, I don't have much experience with HMS but when I launch them.. It's just so smooth. Compared to the hard launches I have to put in MFB..
Same. There's just something about it that feels right lol.
And so far I have never even spun a single HMS bey...I'm going to start with HMS now...I just hope the BB-10 is legal for the HMS.Also I feel HMS had the least number of beys produced among MFB,HMS and plastics isnt it?
Yep. It's sad that it is, it had quite a bit of potential, but it just couldn't continue.
*manly teardrop*
So few were released, and most were poorly distributed and the like... I wish I could afford to go after some.

Synesthesia: Wow, I always thought TBTS was the be all and end all for HMS, the wiki makes it out as though it is the only stadium where zombies don't dominate.

But yes, I also love Tornado Attack, It's a shame they didn't just re-release it in the sturdier plastic of MFB stadiums for MFB.
(Dec. 27, 2011  9:06 AM)th!nk Wrote: Synesthesia: Wow, I always though TBTS was the be all and end all for HMS, the wiki makes it out as though it is the only stadium where zombies don't dominate.

It was unbalanced in the opposite direction.. In stamina orientated stadiums, the battles are boring and last forever, but in TBTS, most battles are over seconds after launch.
(Dec. 27, 2011  8:47 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: And so far I have never even spun a single HMS bey...I'm going to start with HMS now...I just hope the BB-10 is legal for the HMS.Also I feel HMS had the least number of beys produced among MFB,HMS and plastics isnt it?

Even though they were the least produced series of beys, those were probably the best, and most sought after...
Every bey could spin in both the directions. Enough reason to purchase a handful of these.
To be honest, I have never seen a launcher feel as good as the Dual Shooter; the launcher included in every HMS starter. Its a shame it had wear-and-tear issues...
Every bey was designed SO beautifully...

Hey! Today I'll be completing a year on WBO!!! Joyful_2 I realized that I am just a week younger to th!nk. Tongue_out
OK, to commemorate this event, I finally bought a Gravity Destroyer!!! My 4th MFB!
*tears of joy*
And of course, the much anticipated Diablo Nemesis shall also be released (officially) on this day!
I've completed one year, and the whole world's celebrating it with the arrival of Nemesis!!! Cool
Well, it seems like taka.ohno's raised the price of Duo Uranus by about $5... It comes with an MF-H, and Duo is the best defense and stamina (if I'm not mistaken) Wheel in the metagame, but I was planning to buy Death Quetz with it...

Screw it; I'll buy Quetz later Tongue_out
Honestly, the launches with a Dual Shooter feel like Heaven, and like Jan said each HMS was like a beautiful work of art. I have 7 (Driger's stickers are extremely worn down, as is Semi-Flat Core), and they look like Rembrandts to me TBH.

While I'm happy that TBTS did take down Wolborg, I have to agree with Synesthesia that it was cramped as hell (mind the unintentional beyblade pun if you do get it). The thing was like blading in a Pyrex container, it was so small. However, HMS just had this feel to it that made battles so much fun.

I actually watched your battles on Youtube, Syn, with the Wolborg Killer combo Metal Ape+Rubber Weight Core. I can happily say that I can make that combo, and it is extremely effective.

On another HMS note, there are so many uses for Metal Ape. I don't think I could ever have enough HMS, especially MSUV and Metal Ape. Anyways, I find that Metal Ape+Circle Wide make for some very interesting battles, especially when on Bearing Core/BC2 (? (Getting for birthday, so not sure yet))

Yeah, it's good to be back. Smile
I just got a Rock Giraffe and BASALT HOROGIUM at TARGET! They also had ketoss', Byxis', herucleo and 1 gravity destroyer.
Come to think of it, wasnt hsbro supposed to realese a stadium with a spinning center like the one in attamaiidotcom's video IIRC.
(Dec. 28, 2011  2:02 AM)TheInGreek Wrote: I just got a Rock Giraffe and BASALT HOROGIUM at TARGET! They also had ketoss', Byxis', herucleo and 1 gravity destroyer.
Come to think of it, wasnt hsbro supposed to realese a stadium with a spinning center like the one in attamaiidotcom's video IIRC.

You should really know by now that we have the "Recent Beyblade Purchases" topic.
This post is better suited for recent purchases.
Y'know, I never really knew why 105 was considered such a bad height for attackers. I always thought that since 100 and CH120 were good attack Tracks, 105 should at least have some use. Still baffles me to this day.
It performed worse in testing, failed to get under stuff.

Some re-testing would be nice.
(Dec. 28, 2011  11:22 PM)th!nk Wrote: It performed worse in testing, failed to get under stuff.

Some re-testing would be nice.

I have some time on my hands, what would you like to be tested with 105?
DF105, Skill vs Tier Smug. IMO DF105 is probably the only good 105 track out of 105 and W105.
I sincerely doubt the tiny little wings create any significant difference. You are welcome to post testing showing a significant difference, but with that tiny alteration, you may be doing a lot of trials to get a reasonable confidence interval going.

I fail to see how "using DF105" is a skill, too. I can put DF105 on something, i can haz be skill nao?

Shadow: I don't really know right now, I'm like half asleep, and CH120 is ruling everything... Maybe others more used to it/DF105 would have some suggestions.
@Th!nk: Alright, i guess ill just mess around with the track for now, hopefully i find some interesting results.