Beyblade Random Thoughts

Important information :

I doubt I understood everything about the article, but it seems that while TAKARA-TOMY is generally suffering losses and that certain international acquisitions failed, Beyblade is still one of their top two toylines along with Transformers and their sales have increased in Asia and in Oceania. Great news for Metal Fight Beyblade, especially when we just got confirmation yesterday that Metal Fight Beyblade officially had more success than Bakuten Shoot Beyblade outside Japan too.

http://www.animeanime.biz/all/11110891/

If I can get some accurate translations, I might even bring back BeyNews for this, hah.
[Image: yes_logo.png]
waitwait...so TT is making loses, but it isn't due to beyblades.
Dam...gonna be harder to get more beyblades....sorta like how old beyblades ended....
Not really. It means that if TT wants to live to sell another day, they have to continue their revenue makers. So in my logical sense beys would still be affordable and fun.
Yes, I do not know how you understood that Beyblades were going to be stopped from my post, KaizerMFB. Actually, this good news seems to insinuate the contrary for another while still.
(Nov. 09, 2011  4:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: stuff
I used Google Translate. It makes pretty good sense to me.
Quote:Strong 2Q sales decline in overseas acquisition effects TomyNov 09, 2011 (Wed) 0:05 | Finance , business management , all articles |

Tomy on November 8, made ​​the announcement in the second quarter financial results ended March 31, 2012. U.S. toy company RC2 during the year (international Tommy Now) sales from the acquisition increased by 15%, and 892 were 294 million yen.
 In terms of income, and profits were to reflect the growth of domestic troubles. Operating income was ¥ 50 660 million, ordinary income of ¥ 4.4 billion, down 16.1 percent to 60 million, 27 million and net income of 2.3 billion yen (down 52.2% copper) is.
 Sales in Japan were ¥ 684 822 million (down 3.0% YoY), operating income was ¥ 54 553 million (down 12.6%) of. The domestic sales, export sales are also overseas. Compared to sales of the big drop in profit, which is why the magnitude of the increase in overseas exports less profitable. Supported the growth of exports, was released in movie theaters in July, "Transformers", followed by a hit abroad and "Beyblade" is.
 Domestically, "Duel Masters" is successful in acquiring new customers in April by a magazine with new anime and sales rose. In addition, Tomica, Pla, standard items such as Licca was strong.
On the other hand, the strict union toys wholesale distribution. Significantly decreased the amount of handling of video games over the previous year. Tomy Arts went well.
 North American sales surged from a Tommy joined the international corporate group. Sales of ¥ 273 million a year ago will be 108 million yen, 115. Increased to 244 million yen and operating income from $ 98 million. In August of local businesses and more Tommy BOON International, KEEN DISTRBUTION and Inc, has acquired the LLC, that will further expand the business aggressively.
 Tommy is also the influence of international sales in Europe increased by 39.6% YoY to ¥ 757 million 58. However, operating losses from the deterioration of the profitability of the existing sales subsidiary Dasenakatta missing. Yen operating loss is 22000.
 Asia and Oceania, "Transformers" and "Beyblade" were strong. Sales revenue increase was the addition of more international Tommy. 87 million 23 billion yen in sales (up 53.0% YoY), operating income was ¥ 13 807 million (up 124.9% similar) is.

Obviously I know how to use Google Translate too, and I did before I posted the news ... It is not accurate enough for me at all.
Yeah I figured that. XD
I'm pretty sure there is no other news of Beyblade in this other than it being mentioned about it being one of TT's best seller.
Hm, I wonder if they were considering wrapping it up before the sales figures arrived, hence the appearance of the series doing so, followed by a sudden revival.

Though I honestly expect Kai-V will immediately debunk this theory, it makes sense to me until then :3
That said, with the huge power creep we're seeing in recent releases (read: round, round and rounder), I do wonder how they are going to keep producing viable new parts, and then how they will keep things balanced Uncertain
(Nov. 09, 2011  8:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hm, I wonder if they were considering wrapping it up before the sales figures arrived, hence the appearance of the series doing so, followed by a sudden revival.

Though I honestly expect Kai-V will immediately debunk this theory, it makes sense to me until then :3
That said, with the huge power creep we're seeing in recent releases (read: round, round and rounder), I do wonder how they are going to keep producing viable new parts, and then how they will keep things balanced Uncertain

No need to wait for Kai-V to get some good debunking going! Smile

While these figures represent new information for investors, modern corporations measure their financial performance on a monthly basis with no more than 1-2 weeks lag time from the end of the month to producing (internal) consolidated reports. TT knows exactly how well each of their product lines is doing in almost real time - even if we don't.

Also, it is rare indeed that decisions are made to cancel a well established product line outside of a strategic plan that includes exit contingencies based on sales and profitability figures. I'm not sure what TT's fiscal year is based on but product line decisions are usually made as a part of an annual budgeting and planning process. There are entire departments with tens of employees who's jobs depend on having something to do, and if their area of responsibility right now is beyblade, the TT executives in charge of the beyblade line have a strong incentive to keep their people employed and their own sphere of influence intact.

All of that is to say that the recently released numbers may look like a significant punctuated event to us, but inside TT it is part of a smooth continuum of information that likely does not call for any sudden changes in strategy.
Great points, I had my mind in the movies instead of, you know, the fact that in the store I work at we get weekly sales reports and such, and the appearance of a "wrap up" was something that was perceived over a few months planned releases.

Derp.
(Nov. 09, 2011  4:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Important information :

I doubt I understood everything about the article, but it seems that while TAKARA-TOMY is generally suffering losses and that certain international acquisitions failed, Beyblade is still one of their top two toylines along with Transformers and their sales have increased in Asia and in Oceania. Great news for Metal Fight Beyblade, especially when we just got confirmation yesterday that Metal Fight Beyblade officially had more success than Bakuten Shoot Beyblade outside Japan too.

http://www.animeanime.biz/all/11110891/

If I can get some accurate translations, I might even bring back BeyNews for this, hah.

Even though it had more success,don't someone notices if they are losing there popularity?

They just got more popular due to more public viewing.After all,the old viewers were certainly very anticipated about Metal Fight Series, due to the popularity of Bakuten series. Did anyone noticed, what we felt about MFB earlier and what we feel about it now. The new system was certainly more exciting,and the publicity and ads too made more anticipation.
TAKARA might be having more profits,but only due to the show which we watch. After all, MFB is shown in more countries than the Bakuten used to be.
(Nov. 09, 2011  5:12 PM)BeyStrike Wrote: Even though it had more success,don't someone notices if they are losing there popularity?

They just got more popular due to more public viewing.After all,the old viewers were certainly very anticipated about Metal Fight Series, due to the popularity of Bakuten series. Did anyone noticed, what we felt about MFB earlier and what we feel about it now. The new system was certainly more exciting,and the publicity and ads too made more anticipation.
TAKARA might be having more profits,but only due to the show which we watch. After all, MFB is shown in more countries than the Bakuten used to be.

Stop being negative and realise that if the show and toys ended up not being liked by a few people, then yes, it would lose popularity, but that is not the case since the show is still actively broadcast and toys are really hot on the market in most countries. The interest is constant, not just an explosion at the beginning because of some curiosity and then a huge depression in sales.

By the way, Metal Fight Beyblade never really got any huge portion of the watchers in Japan, so it is not as if its popularity totally depended on the anime. Metal Fight Beyblade is a robust toyline.

Also, there is a reason the anime is perhaps broadcast in more countries : there is definitely more interest in it, because if either the toys or the show were not popular, companies would not hesitate to drop them, but that is not the case.
I couldn't agree more. We do not live in a media world any longer where series are judged on viewership against all other series or where toy sales are compared to all other toys. Rather we are in a "narrowcast" media world where series and sales are evaluated on brand profitability and return on investment - within a narrowly defined market segmentation. And MFB appears to be doing quite well by those measures.
Heh, whenever I look at Gigars, even visually it reminds me of this funky purple dude:

[Image: 170px-207Gligar.png]

Heck, the bit beast even has purple sections and wings they're practically the same thing.

[Image: crusher01.gif]

Also the owner is somewhat large like the hikers that use gligars in pokemon...

Oh and also the names are similar and I'm totally not just trying to find stuff to justify this silly, shallow connection that is entirely due to that.
(Nov. 06, 2011  6:55 PM)Rendezvous Wrote: I've actually bought a Sono Kong Phantom Orion and Beat Lynx at my local store..

I noticed that compared to TT's 4D beyblade CW , SK's 4D beyblade CW literally have no metal powder in them..

Yes I am quite aware, this post it old; however, my sonokong beat lynx has the metal powder in the clear wheel. Manufacturing error I guess?
It is possible, yes. I believe I'd heard of someone getting a Unicorno II CW from a Strongest Blader Set that had no powder in it for some reason, once.
Also extremely old news and posted elsewhere. And, personally, I don't really think squishing everything together into some ugly menagerie of nonsense was very "creative". It's actually quite "four year old superhero".
Unless that superhero is Rogue, who IIRC is drawn to look somewhat older than that Wink
(Nov. 10, 2011  12:31 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Unless that superhero is Rogue, who IIRC is drawn to look somewhat older than that Wink

I believe I made a grammatical mistake. I meant "superhero drawn by a four year old".
(Nov. 10, 2011  12:08 AM)Hazel Wrote: It is possible, yes. I believe I'd heard of someone getting a Rex CW from a Strongest Blader Set that had no powder in it for some reason, once.

Hm, why would Rex have metal powder ? It is not a 4D Clear Wheel at all.
(Nov. 10, 2011  12:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2011  12:08 AM)Hazel Wrote: It is possible, yes. I believe I'd heard of someone getting a Rex CW from a Strongest Blader Set that had no powder in it for some reason, once.

Hm, why would Rex have metal powder ? It is not a 4D Clear Wheel at all.

EDIT: You know what, I just noticed that I was thinking of Unicorno II and kept saying Rex for some reason.

I apologize. Bad day.
What the hell, hah. What evidence was ever brought forward ?
There weren't any pictures or anything - just a testimonial.

I just figured it may have been worth mention since a user seems to've gotten a Beat without powder.