Beyblade Random Thoughts

It's weird that one thing I ordered, shipped on the same day, from the same country, would arrive two days earlier, by the same shipping method Uncertain Gah, oh well.

I should really get around to pre-ordering LDD, normally I'd do it through plamoya, but I actually want it fast this time, but then I don't want to spend an arm and a leg (though I WILL pay for express shipping). Not that I'm really excited about it or anything ... Tongue_out

Also, I posted this in the LDD thread, but I'mma quote it here, as I think it's probably more suited to this thread. Consider my reasoning carefully, even if it sounds like a dumb idea, hell, look at LF. Srsly, TT?

(Apr. 11, 2011  3:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just had a kinda worrying idea. You know how mld had a plastic, flipped copy of galaxy pegasis' bottom? And before that, lld had a plastic hf, while storm pegasus had rf? Well, what if f: s is a plastic-in-place-of-rubber copy of f: d?

Which, you know, might not be too bad, other than poor grip.

Anyway, it's just speculation, though I think it's possible, maybe even likely, given the history of the relationship between the two bey-families.

Expanding on my "it might actually be good", mainly, that's because it won't suffer the sudden stamina drop of F: D, while it would still lack grip, we manage to make XF work in some combos, and that extra attack at the end of the battles, as it wouldn't destroy the stamina too much, would be nice.

(It'd be SF->(W)HF, btw)
Can anyone tell me is MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB the best combo out there? Does it beat all types?
(Apr. 12, 2011  7:59 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Can anyone tell me is MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB the best combo out there? Does it beat all types?

Look at Post: #11898, previous page.
I would like a more explained answer. Showing the details and results. I want this from Th!nk . He is good at this stuff Grin
(Apr. 12, 2011  8:06 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: I would like a more explained answer. Showing the details and results. I want this from Th!nk . He is good at this stuff Grin

As you wish, but there was a video which explained all.
The Video isn't clear enough. For me only. As i said, i prefer a DETAILED answer.
I'm flattered, but seeing as I don't have an MB yet, I can't be sure. When my MB arrives I'll do some tests and see for myself. The general opinion seems to be that it can beat all of our popular combos, though I really need to test that for myself before I'm convinced.

That video misses numerous important combos. The main thing missing was Hell. Hell at 230 and on BD145 would be my main concerns for this combo, and then also LTSC's. All of those stamina combo's were at 145, which is rather dated. Once my MB (and my second Hell Kerbecs) arrive, I'll test those. I know MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS outspins MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS usually, but yeah.
Also, that video didn't show enough rounds to be considered proper testing, but it's pretty convincing. They should have recorded the combos used properly. That said, the fact it withstood LLD and Vulcan in those videos is an indication that my main concern, about it's defensive ability VS that of CS, is unfounded. All that remains are to see if it improves the performance against certain stamina combos. Oh, and Basalt@230, but I won't be getting another basalt wheel for a while, so maybe it'll come up in a tourney or something.

That said, though, Dan, along with numerous other respectable members are very confident in it's abilities, and I generally am inclined to trust them on that. They'd also be better suited to explain it than me right now.
edit: sorry, i accidentally posted in this thread
(Apr. 13, 2011  1:02 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i was wondering, is there any way i could use a video that is longer then the song? because i have a video i made a while back that i was just able to edit now, and it is a about a minute longer then the song

Maybe you should ask that in the thread about the contest...
(Apr. 13, 2011  2:12 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2011  1:02 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i was wondering, is there any way i could use a video that is longer then the song? because i have a video i made a while back that i was just able to edit now, and it is a about a minute longer then the song

Maybe you should ask that in the thread about the contest...

oops, i thought i posted in that thread Pinching_eyes_2, my mistake
There will definitely be a Beyblade called "Size Chronos", however BB-113 is supposed to be Ketos already ... I will therefore not make a topic yet.
"Size"? Like...... Super-size-me-size? What the actual christ man.
Chronos as in Kronos, or is there a constellation I don't know about?
Kronos I think. He is Leader of the Titans from Greek Mythology.

(Apr. 13, 2011  11:25 PM)Chupa Chups Wrote: Kronos I think. He is Leader of the Titans from Greek Mythology.

I just read Percy Jackson...

Back on topic, I just got my BB-98, and I have to say, the parts look so pretty, and the Beylauncher L I can't describe with words.
It just occurred to me that TT probably meant Dark to be a Defense Wheel.

1. The rounded shape - They were probably going for something to deflect attacks with the spikes, and Dark's practically circle shape.
2. Weight focused in the middle - I think I read somewhere that having more weight focused in the middle increases spin velocity, which increases it's ability to stand it's ground. (Correct if I'm wrong, please)
3. The Metal Wheel extends down - Like how Flame is raised, Dark 'reaches down' more than other Wheels to possibly 'protect' the Track.
4.The beys it comes with - Dark Wolf DF145FS, Dark Bull H145SD, Dark Cancer CH120FS (Bolded are IMO what TT intended to be Defense parts): FS is sort of like a 'toned down' version of CS, which is a top-tier Defense part. SD is part of the Defense series of Bottoms (though that probably doesn't mean anything; the D series is not good for Defense). CH120 is a good all-around Track that is good for a lot of things, and H145 could have been also put on Dark Bull for weight (weighing in at 4.something grams)

Please note that everything expressed in this post is purely what I think TT was going for with Dark, and may not reflect your opinion at all.
(Apr. 14, 2011  12:08 AM)Gearfried97 Wrote: It just occurred to me that TT probably meant Dark to be a Defense Wheel.

1. The rounded shape - They were probably going for something to deflect attacks with the spikes, and Dark's practically circle shape.
2. Weight focused in the middle - I think I read somewhere that having more weight focused in the middle increases spin velocity, which increases it's ability to stand it's ground. (Correct if I'm wrong, please)
3. The Metal Wheel extends down - Like how Flame is raised, Dark 'reaches down' more than other Wheels to possibly 'protect' the Track.
4.The beys it comes with - Dark Wolf DF145FS, Dark Bull H145SD, Dark Cancer CH120FS (Bolded are IMO what TT intended to be Defense parts): FS is sort of like a 'toned down' version of CS, which is a top-tier Defense part. SD is part of the Defense series of Bottoms (though that probably doesn't mean anything; the D series is not good for Defense). CH120 is a good all-around Track that is good for a lot of things, and H145 could have been also put on Dark Bull for weight (weighing in at 4.something grams)

Please note that everything expressed in this post is purely what I think TT was going for with Dark, and may not reflect your opinion at all.

According to TT, Dark is a Balance wheel with 3 Stars for Attack, 3 Stars for Defense, and 1 Star for Stamina.
Heck, the parts you bolded were designed to be be "Balance" parts. That whole bit about CS anf FS really came out of left field.

Stats don't mean carp...
A thought. Dark, is somewhat good for Defense. But it is called the carpiest wheel. But how about Poison? Useful for nothing! So POISON should be the carpiest wheel, right?
Poison is the worst wheel ever. It's a worst version of Dark, and Dark SUCKS.

Stats mean nothing :\
Poison is superior if I'm not mistaken.
yes you are poison is 2 thin to have any potential.
You are mistaken. Poison is too light, has too many spaces for defence but they aren't big enough for attack, and it's stamina is pathetic. Dark has passable defence.
(Apr. 14, 2011  2:13 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Poison is superior if I'm not mistaken.

poison as more recoil, tiny, about same attack, and about same stamina. as you can see dark is better, but just slightly...
oh yeah it is also thin if you go inside the wheel its thin.but yeah poisen bad quake bad no but close