Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 14, 2011  3:13 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2011  2:50 PM)Nuno Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2011  2:25 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote: You guys are lucky, my dad just tells me to grow up and do something that will be useful in life. I gave tried to explain the physics of these things, but he just does not see it.

Your dad sounds just like my mom...

Anyway, from all I've seen about the 4D system, it's somewhat interesting, but I don't see it getting as competitive as the previous systems. They seem to be putting more emphasis on aesthetics than performance...

->Having a metal wheel made out of at least two parts which aren't even interchangeable, just to switch modes, isn't really that useful. If the Metal Wheel itself sucks, a mode change probably won't make it any better. If the parts were interchangeable though, it would mean more customization and more diversity in the metagame.

->4D bottoms, at least the ones we've seen so far, may be fun to play with, but I don't see them being that useful as well.
For example, FGrin is too tall, FConfused will probably self-KO or get KO'd easily due to the lack of grip... And during battles the results seem too random.

Just my opinion, of course.

EDIT: To me, the 4D system is just a way of renovating MFB a little, to keep the MFB profits up.

Granted atm the only 4D bottom we have isn't great but I disagree with you on the wheels. Everyone says that with Fang Counter mode does better than defence.

yeah but there is less customization and thats my second favorite part of beyblade
Granted yes but it opens up a world of possibilities. Like Bearing cores. Also as we have seen with Fang Leone and Beat Lynx they're still making normal tracks and bottoms too.
(Apr. 14, 2011  3:45 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Granted yes but it opens up a world of possibilities. Like Bearing cores. Also as we have seen with Fang Leone and Beat Lynx they're still making normal tracks and bottoms too.

I still wish they would bring back weight discs
(Apr. 14, 2011  3:52 PM)faissaloo Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2011  3:45 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Granted yes but it opens up a world of possibilities. Like Bearing cores. Also as we have seen with Fang Leone and Beat Lynx they're still making normal tracks and bottoms too.

Boost Disk works quite like Weight Disk.

I know you're just using it as an example, but I honestly don't think MFB needs any Bearings at the moment. However, I do agree with your point that although the current 4D system seems to be underwhelming, there is a huge potential for innovation here.

(Apr. 14, 2011  3:54 PM)X1 Wrote:

I don't see how they're similar.

---

Weight Disks are surely one of the most redundant components of Beyblade: this is clear from the fact that only about three Weight Disks were ever useful. CWDs were a natural progression of this which allowed for more customisation, but again, only a few were significantly useful.
(Apr. 14, 2011  3:59 PM)♥ Wrote:

I know you're just using it as an example, but I honestly don't think MFB needs any Bearings at the moment. However, I do agree with your point that although the current 4D system seems to be underwhelming, there is a huge potential for innovation here.

(Apr. 14, 2011  3:54 PM)X1 Wrote:

I don't see how they're similar.

---

Weight Disks are surely one of the most redundant components of Beyblade: this is clear from the fact that only about three Weight Disks were ever useful. CWDs were a natural progression of this which allowed for more customisation, but again, only a few were significantly useful.
whats CWD?and what is a boost disk
Use Beywiki, and see the HMS section.
(Apr. 14, 2011  4:04 PM)X1 Wrote: Use Beywiki, and see the HMS section.
I tryed that and it came up blank
(Apr. 14, 2011  4:06 PM)faissaloo Wrote:

Do some research......u will eventually find out.
(Apr. 14, 2011  4:28 PM)Bladestar20 Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2011  4:06 PM)faissaloo Wrote:

Do some research......u will eventually find out.

I'll try
(Apr. 14, 2011  7:44 PM)poseidon Wrote: [Image: ldragodestroyhorogium.jpg]

The death of basalt horigrum !!!!!

noooooo!!!!i still never purchased him!but thats a cool photo to bad l-drago will never be that strong unless you gave a already cracked basalt that could break at any moment.
Im sorta Hating my MLD ATM......

Its just not up to Standards in my Eyes.
I'm curious, i don't have MLD, and have been curious about this.

When at first we thought MLD was all so cool and hand spun MLD 85 WD against Earth bull 85 Wd, it sorta seemed like MLD won.

Then McFrown and Fyuuor introduced that it equalizes. But if it were to be launched weaker than the opposing beyblade, couldn't it still win and wouldn't that mean it is useful or at least somewhat useful?
i find it use ful when you use it as an attack type and then if it fails to ko them(which happens 80% of the time)
it can spin equalizes
http://ameblo.jp/queen-of-snow/image-108...20753.html what bey is that red one, isit a galaxy peg. recolor?
I really hope a LDD can do that.
yeah i no i was just giving my thoughts on MLD
@SSJfisherman

Yes I have noticed the Equalising and sometimes Winning by doing it.

It Is for the daring IMO Shooting it Weak. I personally use it as a Attack type and don't Like it.
(Apr. 15, 2011  12:09 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: But if it were to be launched weaker than the opposing beyblade, couldn't it still win and wouldn't that mean it is useful or at least somewhat useful?
MLD equalizes, so its RPM would only catch up with the opposing Bey's RPM, and does not necessarily gain an upper hand since their spin are equal.

And since the sides of the Meteo Metal Wheel does 'stretch down' considerably low and are jagged, MLD would usually floor scrape and get its spin depleted first compared something like Earth which extends slightly higher and has rather smooth sides, allowing it to roll or spin slightly more even when it floor scrapes.
Well, that is true but in the end it's just a matter of which bey is most balanced.
(Apr. 15, 2011  12:31 AM)Epic Blader Wrote: http://ameblo.jp/queen-of-snow/image-108...20753.html what bey is that red one, isit a galaxy peg. recolor?

I am not sure, which is why I did not post it yet. However, it is called "Dream Pegasis".
I just pulled a holo card from a Beyblade TCG pack Smile It's so shiny and cool. I only bought four packs, meaning I had a 50% chance of pulling one.
=)))))))))))))
At the very least, if Hasbro is going to stay completely Light Launcher for the Season 2 beys, they should at least use the TT Light Launcher II models! The ripcords suck for Hasbro, that is generally acknowledged. Why don't they also upgrade those? [/minirant]