Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Sep. 12, 2021  4:48 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2021  9:22 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: OMG! I just got astral spriggan and it’s insane! The parts are definitely gonna help me up my game and I’ve come up with all kinds of upgrades for my combos as well as new combos! And now that I have xtreme it’s super aggressive! Wave’ is amazing too! And Quattro is awesome! The only complaint, literally the only complaint, is why Metal survive. But everything else is awesome!

Did you not have xtreme lol

No. The only rubber attack driver I had is evolution and evolution’. I had hasbro xtreme but it kinda sucks. Now I have metal xtreme and on brave and rage it’s awesome!
(Sep. 12, 2021  5:45 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  4:48 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: Did you not have xtreme lol

No. The only rubber attack driver I had is evolution and evolution’. I had hasbro xtreme but it kinda sucks. Now I have metal xtreme and on brave and rage it’s awesome!

YOURE DESTROYING TEETH AHHHHH

PUT IT ON BAHAMUT IMMEDIATELY

OR MAXIMUM GARUDA OR PRIME APOCALYPSE

Evolution' is pretty good

I just went to Beywiki (the old version wiki.worldbeyblade.org) for the first time and saw so many spelling errors lol.
(Sep. 12, 2021  5:45 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  5:45 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: No. The only rubber attack driver I had is evolution and evolution’. I had hasbro xtreme but it kinda sucks. Now I have metal xtreme and on brave and rage it’s awesome!

I just went to Beywiki (the old version wiki.worldbeyblade.org) for the first time and saw so many spelling errors lol.

Nah man. Evolution’ ain’t got nothin on xtreme metal. I’m good at controlling xtreme Metal, and since brave and rage have double chassis, the teeth aren’t wearing down. Using metal drivers on normal teeth with break them, but they won’t chip double chassis.

(Sep. 12, 2021  5:45 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: No. The only rubber attack driver I had is evolution and evolution’. I had hasbro xtreme but it kinda sucks. Now I have metal xtreme and on brave and rage it’s awesome!

Nah man. Evolution’ ain’t got nothin on xtreme metal. I’m good at controlling xtreme Metal, and since brave and rage have double chassis, the teeth aren’t wearing down. Using metal drivers on normal teeth with break them, but they won’t chip double chassis.

(Sep. 12, 2021  3:14 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  5:45 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: YOURE DESTROYING TEETH AHHHHH

After time double chassises also get destroyed. 
There are certain advantages when using Evolution', if you did not know.
(Sep. 13, 2021  8:23 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  3:14 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Nah man. Evolution’ ain’t got nothin on xtreme metal. I’m good at controlling xtreme Metal, and since brave and rage have double chassis, the teeth aren’t wearing down. Using metal drivers on normal teeth with break them, but they won’t chip double chassis.

After time double chassises also get destroyed. 
I was planning to get another rage anyway, since mine has a piece chipped off. But I am worried about the 2A chassis. Also, I like evolution’ more on smaller beys like turbo and god, and some Gt stuff. But xtreme works better on big beys for me.

I just saw beyblade dad’s video and it looks like dynamite Perseus comes with bearing dash! It’s not concept art, the box looked official and the initials were Br’ for the driver. The new belial!s driver looks like shot and pheonix looks like it has wave or something. Very interesting, but I kinda don’t want bearing’ to be a thing. It’ll literally break the meta especially for limited cause in standard bearing doesn’t burst much anyways but in limited it bursts like heck, so bearing’ would be insane. It would also be insane in classic on the 1 left bey.
(Sep. 13, 2021  3:24 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2021  8:23 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: After time double chassises also get destroyed. 
I was planning to get another rage anyway, since mine has a piece chipped off. But I am worried about the 2A chassis. Also, I like evolution’ more on smaller beys like turbo and god, and some Gt stuff. But xtreme works better on big beys for me.

I just saw beyblade dad’s video and it looks like dynamite Perseus comes with bearing dash! It’s not concept art, the box looked official and the initials were Br’ for the driver. The new belial!s driver looks like shot and pheonix looks like it has wave or something. Very interesting, but I kinda don’t want bearing’ to be a thing. It’ll literally break the meta especially for limited cause in standard bearing doesn’t burst much anyways but in limited it bursts like heck, so bearing’ would be insane. It would also be insane in classic on the 1 left bey.

I assume you mean 3A if you're talking about Rage. 2A is right spin only.

Belial's new driver is definitely interesting. S and V gear compatible, plus some sort of unknown gimmick probably. I really want to know it's gimmick better, and get a better look at its tip while we're at it.

Phoenix has Metal Universe. I guess they did that so it could deflect its own armor piece better?

Bearing' really only matters in Limited and Classic as you've said. With Hasbro's Bearing bans though, Bearing' may be rapidly banned for them anyways.
(Sep. 14, 2021  9:33 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2021  3:24 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I was planning to get another rage anyway, since mine has a piece chipped off. But I am worried about the 2A chassis. Also, I like evolution’ more on smaller beys like turbo and god, and some Gt stuff. But xtreme works better on big beys for me.

Belial's new driver is definitely interesting. S and V gear compatible, plus some sort of unknown gimmick probably. I really want to know it's gimmick better, and get a better look at its tip while we're at it.

Phoenix has Metal Universe. I guess they did that so it could deflect its own armor piece better?

Bearing' really only matters in Limited and Classic as you've said. With Hasbro's Bearing bans though, Bearing' may be rapidly banned for them anyways.
I was referring to 3A when I was saying rage. I was just saying I was worried about 2A because I was planning to get another rage, so I’ll have a new 3A anyway, sorry if that was confusing

Yeah the driver looks very interesting 

Yeah I know Pheonix has Metal universe, and I love universe, but why does it have to be metal? Now I’m gonna have to not use one of the drivers that I’ve really wanted for a long time. Damn it. Though, I could use it on Bahamut if I get it, which I won’t cause it’s in a random booster. 

Yeah in standard nothing bursts much anyways, even bearing. In classic, people don’t use bearing much anyway even if it does have good same spin, we might need to ban it in classic. In limited we most definitely need to ban it, and I doubt I need to explain. Banning bearing’ isn’t one of those wait and see things. We know what bearing is capable of, and have for more 3 years now. Having it as a dash driver, it needs to go in both limited and classic, standard could be debated. Of course, the normal bearing will always be an option.
(Sep. 14, 2021  9:33 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2021  3:24 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I was planning to get another rage anyway, since mine has a piece chipped off. But I am worried about the 2A chassis. Also, I like evolution’ more on smaller beys like turbo and god, and some Gt stuff. But xtreme works better on big beys for me.

Not true, I’ve seen normal bearing dominate in standard
My friend came up to me one morning with no context and said "Guilty Longinus is bad."
(Sep. 15, 2021  12:08 AM)MrMister Wrote: My friend came up to me one morning with no context and said "Guilty Longinus is bad."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA! I dunno why but that’s just so hilarious.

Also, danger belial prototype= Savior Belial generate. We don’t know much about the driver, but it’s not gonna be anything like hybrid or ignition since it’s an attack driver, and I assume it won’t be like shot cause it’s not gonna be jumpy.
Takara Tomy has gone too far. Their new triple booster set is not only going to have a belial and phoenix evolution plus the persius chip but they brought BEARING'
!!!!
This is the end of the meta as we know it.
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:05 AM)AJL Blader Wrote: Takara Tomy has gone too far. Their new triple booster set is not only going to have a belial and phoenix evolution plus the persius chip but they brought BEARING'
!!!!

Yep. It would have been the end of the meta, and it is, but not completely. See bearing’ can still be countered by straight up same spin stamina. It’ll just draw in opposite spin, it has great defense, and now it’s weak spring is a dash driver. I just don’t like the idea, even if it can be countered by raw same spin stamina. Bearing has been an iconic driver and known for all its qualities, but the weak spring was there to make it not OP. Now it just makes me feel bad about the driver. It’s ruining my Blader spirit for stamina types! Seriously!
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:09 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:05 AM)AJL Blader Wrote: Takara Tomy has gone too far. Their new triple booster set is not only going to have a belial and phoenix evolution plus the persius chip but they brought BEARING'
!!!!

Yep. It would have been the end of the meta, and it is, but not completely. See bearing’ can still be countered by straight up same spin stamina. It’ll just draw in opposite spin, it has great defense, and now it’s weak spring is a dash driver. I just don’t like the idea, even if it can be countered by raw same spin stamina. Bearing has been an iconic driver and known for all its qualities, but the weak spring was there to make it not OP. Now it just makes me feel bad about the driver. It’s ruining my Blader spirit for stamina types! Seriously!

Yeah not to mention the set comes with the Belial evolution and tapered and the Perseus chip. You can legit make an unstoppable version of the dynamite Belial tapered bearing combo in ONE set.I mean I'm hyped that they are releasing such good parts in one set but jeez the meta is going to be so broken after this. Oh and they have Giga and savior and a power gear launcher in the set so...
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:15 AM)AJL Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:09 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yep. It would have been the end of the meta, and it is, but not completely. See bearing’ can still be countered by straight up same spin stamina. It’ll just draw in opposite spin, it has great defense, and now it’s weak spring is a dash driver. I just don’t like the idea, even if it can be countered by raw same spin stamina. Bearing has been an iconic driver and known for all its qualities, but the weak spring was there to make it not OP. Now it just makes me feel bad about the driver. It’s ruining my Blader spirit for stamina types! Seriously!

Yeah not to mention the set comes with the Belial evolution and tapered and the Perseus chip. You can legit make an unstoppable version of the dynamite Belial tapered bearing combo in ONE set.I mean I'm hyped that they are releasing such good parts in one set but jeez the meta is going to be so broken after this. Oh and they have Giga and savior and a power gear launcher in the set so...
Well, the new belial doesn’t look like it’ll have much stamina, it’s shape is nothing like dynamite. Giga is a good part to put in a booster because the only other way to get it is in a random booster.
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:20 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:15 AM)AJL Blader Wrote: Yeah not to mention the set comes with the Belial evolution and tapered and the Perseus chip. You can legit make an unstoppable version of the dynamite Belial tapered bearing combo in ONE set.I mean I'm hyped that they are releasing such good parts in one set but jeez the meta is going to be so broken after this. Oh and they have Giga and savior and a power gear launcher in the set so...
Well, the new belial doesn’t look like it’ll have much stamina, it’s shape is nothing like dynamite. Giga is a good part to put in a booster because the only other way to get it is in a random booster.

Don't forget the new Belial is able to have the f-gear on it and the regular dynamite ring wasn't good for stamina either until the f gear was added.
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:23 AM)AJL Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2021  2:20 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Well, the new belial doesn’t look like it’ll have much stamina, it’s shape is nothing like dynamite. Giga is a good part to put in a booster because the only other way to get it is in a random booster.

Don't forget the new Belial is able to have the f-gear on it and the regular dynamite ring wasn't good for stamina either until the f gear was added.

True, but it’s shape was still somewhat circular, and before the f-gear it was able to beat tempest Lucifer 1 in same spin from testing.
(Sep. 14, 2021  10:40 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2021  9:33 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I assume you mean 3A if you're talking about Rage. 2A is right spin only.

Not true, I’ve seen normal bearing dominate in standard

This is the exact reason why it only matters in those older formats. If Bearing is already not bursting in Standard than Bearing' only makes it possible to use two Bearings in a deck, and that's all the impact it could have. With so many high-LAD options in Standard already... that's sort of meaningless now, isn't it?
(Sep. 15, 2021  8:20 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2021  10:40 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Not true, I’ve seen normal bearing dominate in standard

This is the exact reason why it only matters in those older formats. If Bearing is already not bursting in Standard than Bearing' only makes it possible to use two Bearings in a deck, and that's all the impact it could have. With so many high-LAD options in Standard already... that's sort of meaningless now, isn't it?

Tapered and Over brought Bearing back from the dead and allows Bearing to OS drift, so Bearing’ being more versatile on other combos actually makes me think it’s gonna be very useful now compared to before. For example, I used a dynamite combo on Over bearing and it ended up bursting against a rage combo. With Valkyrie I didn’t think it would burst but it ended up happening anyways. I think that combos like that would greatly benefit from Bearing’ and would not burst hardly at all anymore.
(Sep. 15, 2021  8:28 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2021  8:20 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: This is the exact reason why it only matters in those older formats. If Bearing is already not bursting in Standard than Bearing' only makes it possible to use two Bearings in a deck, and that's all the impact it could have. With so many high-LAD options in Standard already... that's sort of meaningless now, isn't it?

Tapered and Over brought Bearing back from the dead and allows Bearing to OS drift, so Bearing’ being more versatile on other combos actually makes me think it’s gonna be very useful now compared to before. For example, I used a dynamite combo on Over bearing and it ended up bursting against a rage combo. With Valkyrie I didn’t think it would burst but it ended up happening anyways. I think that combos like that would greatly benefit from Bearing’ and would not burst hardly at all anymore.

I wouldn’t say brought back from the dead, it wasn’t useless in sparking, people just didn’t use it. In fact, sparking is where bearing would’ve been most useful since double chassis are 3x harder to burst than normal. Besides that, I agree with everything you said, and despite what I’ve said earlier in some threads, I think bearing’ should be completely banned and metal drift should be banned in standard since it allows for 2 drifts in a deck.
(Sep. 15, 2021  8:28 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2021  8:20 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: This is the exact reason why it only matters in those older formats. If Bearing is already not bursting in Standard than Bearing' only makes it possible to use two Bearings in a deck, and that's all the impact it could have. With so many high-LAD options in Standard already... that's sort of meaningless now, isn't it?

Competitively I've seen Bearing burst once, and that was on a Vanish Bahamut combo that faced Rage. Once, and never again. Of course I only saw matches I was in or judged, but still notable given that I won my first tournament mostly on the back of Vanish Bahamut Tapered Bearing -6.

No, I don't think that the (presumably slight) change in Burst resistance is a significant factor. If I add up every Bearing match together from my first two Standard tournaments I can say it already bursts less than 5% of the time as it is. Does it really matter if it goes from 5% to 2%, especially now that Guilty has been released and is good at smacking Bearing around?

You talk about versatility, but we don't even know how strong it's spring really is. You're hitting the panic button prematurely, and missing a lot of other factors like using Guilty as a counter to it. It's possible that Belial's Evo will be able to smack it around a lot too, or the more niche right spin Astral or Savior attack combo.

Older formats are a lot touchier, since bursting is far more commonplace. The stronger spring will matter a lot more for them than it will for Standard, and the same thing is true of Metal Drift. This is exactly why I say it matters for them, while for Standard it is almost meaningless.

People, stop jumping on the gosh darned banhammer so quickly. Banning is the last resort. Stop treating it as the initial gut reaction for something that's not even out yet.
Demise Hyperion from the rip fire set is the worst beyblade ever, change my mind
(Sep. 15, 2021  8:20 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2021  10:40 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Not true, I’ve seen normal bearing dominate in standard

but imagine putting bearing' on like storm spriggan or smth. yea, its unrealistic, but there are so many layers, chips, chassis, etc. that would be insane for stamina if their teeth weren't so garbage. even beys with decent teeth are super conservative when using bearing, as it has a history of terrible burst resistance.
Apparently besring’ isn’t an actual dash. From the translations it’s one step above the normal bearing. Think of bearing’ as a normal spring driver. Like the drift driver or atomic driver or something.
(Sep. 16, 2021  1:20 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Apparently besring’ isn’t an actual dash. From the translations it’s one step above the normal bearing. Think of bearing’ as a normal spring driver. Like the drift driver or atomic driver or something.

Also noted is the yellow cap instead of a red cap. TT is definitely making sure it is identified as a different type of dash driver right off the bat.
(Sep. 16, 2021  1:01 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:

but imagine putting bearing' on like storm spriggan or smth. yea, its unrealistic, but there are so many layers, chips, chassis, etc. that would be insane for stamina if their teeth weren't so garbage. even beys with decent teeth are super conservative when using bearing, as it has a history of terrible burst resistance.

Given that Storm Spriggan's teeth are horrible and Bearing' isn't a full scale ' driver (probably more akin to a normal spring's strength, as per what TheRogueBlader said two posts above), that's not gonna make it worthwhile. That and you'd really want to run Bearing' on an opposite spin combo, and by that I mean Dragoon F as the only viable one in Classic. It's more in terms of Limited that I'd fear its presence.

Like really, if the burst resistance is so weak that it can't be used on anything but a ' driver, Bearing' will not make the cut and save it.