Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 25, 2021  2:50 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I mean, this boils down to two complaints: that people suggest the same parts, and that people mock parts that don't do as well.

In the first, it's really just people suggesting the parts that are proven to work. Once again, I don't see how that's a problem at all given the sheer amount of testing done and the parts track records. Suggesting good combos should be a good thing, right?

To the second, it's a problem if people are jeering at others for using certain parts, especially if they have limited choices, but once again not a problem to suggest something better. It can be fun to use lesser parts, but if you're looking to win then trying to choose personality over proven better parts is not the way to go.

Honestly, I feel like the issue isn't so much that they're doing something wrong as much as you're favoring fun over competition, which isn't bad but misses the point of that thread entirely.
1- Suggesting good combos I’m fine with, I just hate how people literally copy the exact same combo. 
2- Okay yeah I guess I am leaning a bit towards the personality side, but just because something isn’t used by lots of people doesn’t mean it’s bad. For example, Xtend+ is good and used by lots of people therefore ‘competitive’ right? Something like say yielding, isn’t used by many people but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. It just means it’s not used by many people. 

I guess I am kind of favoring fun over competition, and I get that you have to use good parts to win, but you don’t have to use the exact same parts as other people. You can win by making your own unique combo that is good
I didn’t even think of this one until legit 3 seconds ago but here’s an example- Alter Cronos (MGC) 0 expand wave. Boom. There’s a combo that you wouldn’t see used by many people, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. See what I’m saying?

People say what they know works. Once again, not really an issue moreso than something that irritates you personally for some reason. That's your opinion and yours alone, though I disagree that it's an issue or even unwanted.

Secondly, Yielding isn't used much because so many other things have more to offer. Yielding's thing is improved burst resistance at the cost of KO defense, but Sparking beys don't really burst anymore to make it relevant. It's not so bad in something like Classic where it has a niche, but otherwise there's no reason for it outside of an older styled format.

In the end the things that aren't used often are things like Yielding that just don't offer as much as other parts do, fill a niche that's no longer necessary or useful, or simply aren't as strong as other designs. They're not used in tournaments for good reasons, in short. Turns out "not bad" isn't good enough for tournament use when you can run "great" instead, ya know?

As to your combo, well, it's typical God era/Limited Defense fare. Nothing really special, though I feel like you can do a lot better than Reach for frames. It's a bit skinny and lightweight, better than nothing but not great. Maybe even a little antisynergy if it scrapes against left spin opponents.
(Apr. 20, 2021  3:16 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2021  1:40 AM)SeaBASS90 Wrote: ummmmmmmmmmidk the question, so VIctory Valtryek boost and then unite is an ok combo
:p

yay now I just need the unite driver

thanks

The thing is that Victory Valkryie and boost is really good, but the variable driver is super inconsistent, awakened or not. Like an old version of volcanic
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:16 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:50 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: 1- Suggesting good combos I’m fine with, I just hate how people literally copy the exact same combo. 
2- Okay yeah I guess I am leaning a bit towards the personality side, but just because something isn’t used by lots of people doesn’t mean it’s bad. For example, Xtend+ is good and used by lots of people therefore ‘competitive’ right? Something like say yielding, isn’t used by many people but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. It just means it’s not used by many people. 

I guess I am kind of favoring fun over competition, and I get that you have to use good parts to win, but you don’t have to use the exact same parts as other people. You can win by making your own unique combo that is good
I didn’t even think of this one until legit 3 seconds ago but here’s an example- Alter Cronos (MGC) 0 expand wave. Boom. There’s a combo that you wouldn’t see used by many people, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. See what I’m saying?

If it's not being used by a lot of people, it's most likely either bad, or people haven't realized its potential yet (usually the former). There's a reason why it's called the META (Most Effective Tactic Available). If people are actively trying to win, they'll flock to whatever the META is. If it isn't proven to be effective, then it usually isn't used.

You get what I'm saying?
There are 124 drivers and you say that if they aren’t used they are usually bad. Wow. Every driver has a use except for SUUUUPPPPER BAD DRIVERS like edge or drivers that are useless like reboot because there is an upgrade, ultimate reboot.
I would like to know yawls' opinion on the this-type-beats-this thing. Here is a model of it"
Stamina>Attack
Attack>Defense
Defense>Attack
[Balance]
So do you think this system is mostly true when it comes to stock combos in Beyblade Burst? I would just like to note that I think Duel layer is the most balanced series (for stock combos at least). Like, very few times but still possible, the 'worst' beyblade could beat the 'best' beyblade.
Now, (GT as example), Lord Spriggan would absolutely shrek Busin Ashindra in battle. Period.
(Apr. 25, 2021  4:23 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:16 AM)BladerGem Wrote: If it's not being used by a lot of people, it's most likely either bad, or people haven't realized its potential yet (usually the former). There's a reason why it's called the META (Most Effective Tactic Available). If people are actively trying to win, they'll flock to whatever the META is. If it isn't proven to be effective, then it usually isn't used.

You get what I'm saying?
There are 124 drivers and you say that if they aren’t used they are usually bad. Wow. Every driver has a use except for SUUUUPPPPER BAD DRIVERS like edge or drivers that are useless like reboot because there is an upgrade, ultimate reboot.

Counterargument: Weight. Hold. Planet. Wedge. Impact. Sword. Liner. Survive. Defense. Press.

As far as Standard format goes, these and many other parts are almost never used as they are considered either bad, outclassed, or too niche to be usable. While Limited format may be another story, it still has its own META to take into consideration. Something that's good in Standard may suck in Limited, and vice versa.

But I can guarantee you this: If people know a part performs well, they will use it. If a part is considered bad or outclassed, people will avoid using it, if possible.

In ANY game, not just Beyblade, I have never seen anyone WILLINGLY choose to use the inferior option if they're capable of using the superior one.
(Apr. 25, 2021  5:58 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  4:23 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: There are 124 drivers and you say that if they aren’t used they are usually bad. Wow. Every driver has a use except for SUUUUPPPPER BAD DRIVERS like edge or drivers that are useless like reboot because there is an upgrade, ultimate reboot.

Counterargument: Weight. Hold. Planet. Wedge. Impact. Sword. Liner. Survive. Defense. Press.

As far as Standsrd format is, these any many other parts are almost never used as they are considered either bad, outclassed, or too niche to be usable. While Limited format may be another story, it still has its own META to take into consideration. Something that's good in Standard may suck in Limited, and vice versa.

This is very true. For instance, if you expect nothing but Rage on rubber Attack drivers and Tempest on Xtend+ then suddenly things like Atomic look better, as it can out-LAD rubber drivers and outspin things like Xtend+ in same spin. You not only have to consider what's good in the format, but what might beat that too.

Meanwhile, in Classic Xtend+ would actually be terrible. Many things beat it in same spin, and it's LAD doesn't matter due to the heavy inconsistency of the Dragoon layers. Meanwhile, Defense and Survive are nowhere near as bad, with respectable Stamina.
(Apr. 25, 2021  4:50 AM)SeaBASS90 Wrote: I would like to know yawls' opinion on the this-type-beats-this thing. Here is a model of it"
Stamina>Attack
Attack>Defense
Defense>Attack
[Balance]
So do you think this system is mostly true when it comes to stock combos in Beyblade Burst? I would just like to note that I think Duel layer is the most balanced series (for stock combos at least). Like, very few times but still possible, the 'worst' beyblade could beat the 'best' beyblade.
Now, (GT as example), Lord Spriggan would absolutely shrek Busin Ashindra in battle. Period.

I pretty sure it's:

Attack beats Stamina

Stamina beats Defense

Defense beats Attack

[Balance]
(Apr. 26, 2021  12:35 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  4:50 AM)SeaBASS90 Wrote: I would like to know yawls' opinion on the this-type-beats-this thing. Here is a model of it"
Stamina>Attack
Attack>Defense
Defense>Attack
[Balance]

I pretty sure it's:

Attack beats Stamina

Stamina beats Defense

Defense beats Attack

[Balance]

True, but that’s not always the case, also can anyone please tell me what B.O.B’s?
um @Ryga's son I never said attack types suck. I said they were the best
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: On the contrary, isn't helping people learn and grow as Bladers worthwhile? That all starts with the meta, and if they don't get their answers from the Build Me a Combo thread, then they can just get the same answers from the winning combos thread so it's not even hard to get this information from other sources. Oh yeah, and what if they lack certain parts and just want to do as well as they can with what they have but need a little help? Should we restrict people from asking for help? No, that's not good at all.

No, there is no issues with having a thread for helping others out with combinations. If anything the strongest divide in skill level based on who can take all this information and learn from it, to figure out why something is good and work on counterplay to it, so why complain about the baseline being there?
I guess what I’m saying is that, the build me a combo thread is fine, I just hate how people make combos and then someone else just copies it, and I also hate how people claim a certain part is ‘competetive’ just because a lot of people use it and it’s good like Xtend+ or something and then when a part that isn’t used that much like say zeta comes into the conversation they say, well zeta isn’t a ‘competetive’ driver your combo sucks blah blah blah. I just wish people wouldn’t copy other people’s combos and people wouldn’t judge other people’s combos just cause they have parts that aren’t considered competetive just because a lot of people don’t use them. And lots of people not using a part is actually good with me because that makes my combo or so and so’scombo more unique. Know what I’m saying?

Not copying it. It's not your creation. I bet that all combos you make, some other person in the world has thought of it or made it. It's a game. Sometimes I don't understand the "copying" thing. It's just learning. If you don't want somebody to use your combo, don't post it.
(Apr. 26, 2021  7:39 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I guess what I’m saying is that, the build me a combo thread is fine, I just hate how people make combos and then someone else just copies it, and I also hate how people claim a certain part is ‘competetive’ just because a lot of people use it and it’s good like Xtend+ or something and then when a part that isn’t used that much like say zeta comes into the conversation they say, well zeta isn’t a ‘competetive’ driver your combo sucks blah blah blah. I just wish people wouldn’t copy other people’s combos and people wouldn’t judge other people’s combos just cause they have parts that aren’t considered competetive just because a lot of people don’t use them. And lots of people not using a part is actually good with me because that makes my combo or so and so’scombo more unique. Know what I’m saying?

Not copying it. It's not your creation. I bet that all combos you make, some other person in the world has thought of it or made it. It's a game. Sometimes I don't understand the "copying" thing. It's just learning. If you don't want somebody to use your combo, don't post it.

You don't have a chance to decline this if you take top 3 in a tournament. At that point any combo you won with will be posted publicly.

Either way, there's only so many parts worth considering for competitive play that yes, I'm certain that nobody ever has a 100% unique combo.
(Apr. 26, 2021  7:39 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I guess what I’m saying is that, the build me a combo thread is fine, I just hate how people make combos and then someone else just copies it, and I also hate how people claim a certain part is ‘competetive’ just because a lot of people use it and it’s good like Xtend+ or something and then when a part that isn’t used that much like say zeta comes into the conversation they say, well zeta isn’t a ‘competetive’ driver your combo sucks blah blah blah. I just wish people wouldn’t copy other people’s combos and people wouldn’t judge other people’s combos just cause they have parts that aren’t considered competetive just because a lot of people don’t use them. And lots of people not using a part is actually good with me because that makes my combo or so and so’scombo more unique. Know what I’m saying?

I’m not saying they are copying MY combo specifically. And I kind of realize where I went wrong with saying all that so no need to focus on it anymore Smile
(Apr. 26, 2021  7:48 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  7:39 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Not copying it. It's not your creation. I bet that all combos you make, some other person in the world has thought of it or made it. It's a game. Sometimes I don't understand the "copying" thing. It's just learning. If you don't want somebody to use your combo, don't post it.

I'm certain that nobody ever has a 100% unique combo.

Dang I thought I was on to something with Jet Spriggan Wing Press 4A  Dj - Disappointed ...
(Apr. 26, 2021  7:48 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  7:39 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: Not copying it. It's not your creation. I bet that all combos you make, some other person in the world has thought of it or made it. It's a game. Sometimes I don't understand the "copying" thing. It's just learning. If you don't want somebody to use your combo, don't post it.

You don't have a chance to decline this if you take top 3 in a tournament. At that point any combo you won with will be posted publicly.

Either way, there's only so many parts worth considering for competitive play that yes, I'm certain that nobody ever has a 100% unique combo.

Um thanks for agreeing with me, but why did you quote me?
(Apr. 26, 2021  8:06 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  7:48 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: You don't have a chance to decline this if you take top 3 in a tournament. At that point any combo you won with will be posted publicly.

Um thanks for agreeing with me, but why did you quote me?

For the "if you don't want someone to know your combo don't post it" line. As I said, if you wind up top 3 you have no choice but to make any combo that won publicly, and thus can't do this suggestion.
How is valkyrie going to look like?
(Apr. 26, 2021  12:35 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
Stamina>Attack
Attack>Defense
Defense>Attack
[Balance]

I pretty sure it's:

Attack beats Stamina

Stamina beats Defense

Defense beats Attack

[Balance]

Yeah, thanks for clarifying. I honestly just ignore this aspect because it seems to heavily based on anime-style logic
why are spinning battling tops so fun and expensive. why do we pay hundreds for them. WHY
Hmmmm, Idk
Question: So the Superking launchers that come with the DX limit break set don't have the coating around the string that the normal Superking launchers do. Does this mean that it has the same durability as an LR string launcher because it can not fray nearly as easily?

(Apr. 27, 2021  1:01 AM)eggblader Wrote: why are spinning battling tops so fun and expensive. why do we pay hundreds for them. WHY

Because spinny plastic funni.
(Apr. 27, 2021  1:01 AM)SeaBASS90 Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  12:35 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: I pretty sure it's:

Attack beats Stamina

Stamina beats Defense

Defense beats Attack

[Balance]

Yeah, thanks for clarifying. I honestly just ignore this aspect because it seems to heavily based on anime-style logic

You're welcome.
best evolution of leone?
are all the people that like beyblade anime weebs (idk the appropriate term). Like, do all the people that like beyblade like to watch weird kinds of anime? Cause I know im not like that but it seems like alot of people are like that. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just wondering.
beyblade geeks are my fav because they know how to entertain you
(Apr. 27, 2021  4:49 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: are all the people that like beyblade anime weebs (idk the appropriate term). Like, do all the people that like beyblade like to watch weird kinds of anime? Cause I know im not like that but it seems like alot of people are like that. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just wondering.

Not that I know of. These types of stereotypes ever actually apply to the general fanbase.