Beyblade Random Thoughts

noticed that TheRogueBlader was having a discussion about whether rubber increases recoil or not, so i'll throw in some facts in the proper thread

Rubber most definitely DOES increase the recoil between two beys seeing as increased friction would mean increased grip and pull causing beys to forcefully skip teeth when they make contact. Actual grip has more of an effect on recoil than pure force so the softness of rubber makes no difference.
g2_ read what Zeutron said above
(Apr. 24, 2021  2:24 PM)Zeutron Wrote: noticed that TheRogueBlader was having a discussion about whether rubber increases recoil or not, so i'll throw in some facts in the proper thread

Rubber most definitely DOES increase the recoil between two beys seeing as increased friction would mean increased grip and pull causing beys to forcefully skip teeth when they make contact. Actual grip has more of an effect on recoil than pure force so the softness of rubber makes no difference.
Even in opposite spin?

(Apr. 24, 2021  4:06 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: g2_ read what Zeutron said above
Understandable, but I rather do some testing.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:10 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  2:24 PM)Zeutron Wrote: noticed that TheRogueBlader was having a discussion about whether rubber increases recoil or not, so i'll throw in some facts in the proper thread

Even in opposite spin?

To answer your question, even in opposite spin, it depends on the design. 
For things like wizard, mirage, lord it’s for spin steal and kind of weakness the attacks
For things like Brave, judgement, imperial it’s for attack and strengthens the hits
(Apr. 23, 2021  1:01 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: attack types suck

Can you stop making biased posts? Do you have actual evidence, or proof to prove your biased claims?

You know, your beloved Galaxy Pegasus is an attack type. Make posts that people want to read.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:10 PM)g2_ Wrote:

Even in opposite spin?

In opposite spin its circumstantial and it really depends on the rotation speed and shape etc. Slow motion burst is a great example of this, the faster spinning bey hits the slow spinning bey which is comparable to hitting a wall which causes the faster spinning bey to burst itself due to the grip. Long story short, the faster spinning bey usually receives the side effect of the increased recoil from the rubber, not the slower spinning bey.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:10 PM)g2_ Wrote: Even in opposite spin?

In opposite spin its circumstantial and it really depends on the rotation speed and shape etc. Slow motion burst is a great example of this, the faster spinning bey hits the slow spinning bey which is comparable to hitting a wall which causes the faster spinning bey to burst itself due to the grip. Long story short, the faster spinning bey usually receives the side effect of the increased recoil from the rubber, not the slower spinning bey.
Then how am I supposed to beat a slow spinning spin stealer with Brave Valkyrie. The rubber is gonna help the spin stealer.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:40 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote: In opposite spin its circumstantial and it really depends on the rotation speed and shape etc. Slow motion burst is a great example of this, the faster spinning bey hits the slow spinning bey which is comparable to hitting a wall which causes the faster spinning bey to burst itself due to the grip. Long story short, the faster spinning bey usually receives the side effect of the increased recoil from the rubber, not the slower spinning bey.
Then how am I supposed to beat a slow spinning spin stealer with Brave Valkyrie. The rubber is gonna help the spin stealer.

There are a couple ways. The first is to simply make a combo that wont quite burst, it nullifies the issue. Another thing you can do is simply launch your own bey with a soft launch as well, that way it will simply all come down to LAD and i'm sure outspinning Brave wouldn't be too hard.
Does anyone think that there shouldn’t be a build me a combo thread?
Cause if you make a competetive combo, someone else is just gonna copy it. Like how many people have you seen use tempest lucifer or solomon wheel Xtend+ is? And how many people have you seen use rage on xtreme?
I wish people didn’t copy competetive combos and just made their own significant combos representing their own style of blading.
Like “oh legend spriggan isn’t ‘competetive’ like seriously, everything has its uses. Except for the absolute horrible beys.

It’s fine to state your opinions and ask questions like is Ed universe driver good for defense, but I just hate how people straight up copy competetive combos, I HAVENT BEEN TO A SINGLE TOURNAMENT AND ITS ALREADY ANNOYING ME TO THIS LEVEL!
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:54 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:40 PM)g2_ Wrote: Then how am I supposed to beat a slow spinning spin stealer with Brave Valkyrie. The rubber is gonna help the spin stealer.

There are a couple ways. The first is to simply make a combo that wont quite burst, it nullifies the issue. Another thing you can do is simply launch your own bey with a soft launch as well, that way it will simply all come down to LAD and i'm sure outspinning Brave wouldn't be too hard.

I said how to beat it using Brave. Not how to beat Brave. Brave sucks opposite spin. The rubber ruins it.
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:38 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:54 PM)Zeutron Wrote:  

I said how to beat it using Brave. Not how to beat Brave. Brave sucks opposite spin. The rubber ruins it.

Ahhh my bad, well you could make a Brave combo and hope that it has a good chance at knocking the spin stealer out or you can make an entirely different combo. All beys have some inevitable weaknesses to other combinations and spin stealers are one of the weaknesses Brave would have.
kai edits has said they would leave the wbo like 5 times XD
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:28 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: kai edits has said they would leave the wbo like 5 times XD

Yeah. People like that just want attention and for you too feel bad for them. Don’t give them the pleasure of reacting. In other words, don’t feed the troll.
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:29 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Does anyone think that there shouldn’t be a build me a combo thread?
Cause if you make a competetive combo, someone else is just gonna copy it. Like how many people have you seen use tempest lucifer or solomon wheel Xtend+ is? And how many people have you seen use rage on xtreme?
I wish people didn’t copy competetive combos and just made their own significant combos representing their own style of blading.
Like “oh legend spriggan isn’t ‘competetive’ like seriously, everything has its uses. Except for the absolute horrible beys.

It’s fine to state your opinions and ask questions like is Ed universe driver good for defense, but I just hate how people straight up copy competetive combos, I HAVENT BEEN TO A SINGLE TOURNAMENT AND ITS ALREADY ANNOYING ME TO THIS LEVEL!

On the contrary, isn't helping people learn and grow as Bladers worthwhile? That all starts with the meta, and if they don't get their answers from the Build Me a Combo thread, then they can just get the same answers from the winning combos thread so it's not even hard to get this information from other sources. Oh yeah, and what if they lack certain parts and just want to do as well as they can with what they have but need a little help? Should we restrict people from asking for help? No, that's not good at all.

No, there is no issues with having a thread for helping others out with combinations. If anything the strongest divide in skill level based on who can take all this information and learn from it, to figure out why something is good and work on counterplay to it, so why complain about the baseline being there?
Was cleaning through my room and found some of my old takara tomy/hasbro metal fight beys (I also found pieces from my many broken takara tomy launchers. I used to have so much but apparently, I've lost it all. Was still pretty cool to find these though, interestingly enough, I was able to find 230 and a piece of Wing Pegasis, but nothing else from the dx set.

[Image: image1.jpg]
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:29 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Does anyone think that there shouldn’t be a build me a combo thread?

On the contrary, isn't helping people learn and grow as Bladers worthwhile? That all starts with the meta, and if they don't get their answers from the Build Me a Combo thread, then they can just get the same answers from the winning combos thread so it's not even hard to get this information from other sources. Oh yeah, and what if they lack certain parts and just want to do as well as they can with what they have but need a little help? Should we restrict people from asking for help? No, that's not good at all.

No, there is no issues with having a thread for helping others out with combinations. If anything the strongest divide in skill level based on who can take all this information and learn from it, to figure out why something is good and work on counterplay to it, so why complain about the baseline being there?
I guess what I’m saying is that, the build me a combo thread is fine, I just hate how people make combos and then someone else just copies it, and I also hate how people claim a certain part is ‘competetive’ just because a lot of people use it and it’s good like Xtend+ or something and then when a part that isn’t used that much like say zeta comes into the conversation they say, well zeta isn’t a ‘competetive’ driver your combo sucks blah blah blah. I just wish people wouldn’t copy other people’s combos and people wouldn’t judge other people’s combos just cause they have parts that aren’t considered competetive just because a lot of people don’t use them. And lots of people not using a part is actually good with me because that makes my combo or so and so’scombo more unique. Know what I’m saying?
(Apr. 22, 2021  7:16 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Does Dynamite Beilial have a gimmick?

If you are talking about the bey itself, the gimmick is the rubber on the driver and the shape of his disk
if you are talking about layer only, I think it is the ability to have upgrades over time
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:31 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2021  7:16 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Does Dynamite Beilial have a gimmick?

If you are talking about the bey itself, the gimmick is the rubber on the driver and the shape of his disk
if you are talking about layer only, I think it is the ability to have upgrades over time

The Layer, Disc, and Driver are all upgradable.
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:34 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:31 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: If you are talking about the bey itself, the gimmick is the rubber on the driver and the shape of his disk

The Layer, Disc, and Driver are all upgradable.

oh
really?
Dynamite Belial’s gimmick is the high and low mode and the whole idea that it’s smaller and more compact so it has more staamina
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:56 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Dynamite Belial’s gimmick is the high and low mode and the whole idea that it’s smaller and more compact so it has more staamina

High and Low is the gimmick of the DB Layer system. All the layers are gonna be smaller and more compact. Dynamite's gimmick is that all its parts are upgradable, with the basis of its Driver is that it has a plastic flat tip akin to Accel with a rubber ring surrounding the tip like Anchor.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:27 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:56 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Dynamite Belial’s gimmick is the high and low mode and the whole idea that it’s smaller and more compact so it has more staamina

High and Low is the gimmick of the DB Layer system. All the layers are gonna be smaller and more compact. Dynamite's gimmick is that all its parts are upgradable, with the basis of its Driver is that it has a plastic flat tip akin to Accel with a rubber ring surrounding the tip like Anchor.

True.
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: On the contrary, isn't helping people learn and grow as Bladers worthwhile? That all starts with the meta, and if they don't get their answers from the Build Me a Combo thread, then they can just get the same answers from the winning combos thread so it's not even hard to get this information from other sources. Oh yeah, and what if they lack certain parts and just want to do as well as they can with what they have but need a little help? Should we restrict people from asking for help? No, that's not good at all.

I guess what I’m saying is that, the build me a combo thread is fine, I just hate how people make combos and then someone else just copies it, and I also hate how people claim a certain part is ‘competetive’ just because a lot of people use it and it’s good like Xtend+ or something and then when a part that isn’t used that much like say zeta comes into the conversation they say, well zeta isn’t a ‘competetive’ driver your combo sucks blah blah blah. I just wish people wouldn’t copy other people’s combos and people wouldn’t judge other people’s combos just cause they have parts that aren’t considered competetive just because a lot of people don’t use them. And lots of people not using a part is actually good with me because that makes my combo or so and so’scombo more unique. Know what I’m saying?

I mean, this boils down to two complaints: that people suggest the same parts, and that people mock parts that don't do as well.

In the first, it's really just people suggesting the parts that are proven to work. Once again, I don't see how that's a problem at all given the sheer amount of testing done and the parts track records. Suggesting good combos should be a good thing, right?

To the second, it's a problem if people are jeering at others for using certain parts, especially if they have limited choices, but once again not a problem to suggest something better. It can be fun to use lesser parts, but if you're looking to win then trying to choose personality over proven better parts is not the way to go.

Honestly, I feel like the issue isn't so much that they're doing something wrong as much as you're favoring fun over competition, which isn't bad but misses the point of that thread entirely.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:22 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I guess what I’m saying is that, the build me a combo thread is fine, I just hate how people make combos and then someone else just copies it, and I also hate how people claim a certain part is ‘competetive’ just because a lot of people use it and it’s good like Xtend+ or something and then when a part that isn’t used that much like say zeta comes into the conversation they say, well zeta isn’t a ‘competetive’ driver your combo sucks blah blah blah. I just wish people wouldn’t copy other people’s combos and people wouldn’t judge other people’s combos just cause they have parts that aren’t considered competetive just because a lot of people don’t use them. And lots of people not using a part is actually good with me because that makes my combo or so and so’scombo more unique. Know what I’m saying?

I mean, this boils down to two complaints: that people suggest the same parts, and that people mock parts that don't do as well.

In the first, it's really just people suggesting the parts that are proven to work. Once again, I don't see how that's a problem at all given the sheer amount of testing done and the parts track records. Suggesting good combos should be a good thing, right?

To the second, it's a problem if people are jeering at others for using certain parts, especially if they have limited choices, but once again not a problem to suggest something better. It can be fun to use lesser parts, but if you're looking to win then trying to choose personality over proven better parts is not the way to go.

Honestly, I feel like the issue isn't so much that they're doing something wrong as much as you're favoring fun over competition, which isn't bad but misses the point of that thread entirely.
1- Suggesting good combos I’m fine with, I just hate how people literally copy the exact same combo. 
2- Okay yeah I guess I am leaning a bit towards the personality side, but just because something isn’t used by lots of people doesn’t mean it’s bad. For example, Xtend+ is good and used by lots of people therefore ‘competitive’ right? Something like say yielding, isn’t used by many people but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. It just means it’s not used by many people. 

I guess I am kind of favoring fun over competition, and I get that you have to use good parts to win, but you don’t have to use the exact same parts as other people. You can win by making your own unique combo that is good
I didn’t even think of this one until legit 3 seconds ago but here’s an example- Alter Cronos (MGC) 0 expand wave. Boom. There’s a combo that you wouldn’t see used by many people, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. See what I’m saying?
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:50 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I mean, this boils down to two complaints: that people suggest the same parts, and that people mock parts that don't do as well.

1- Suggesting good combos I’m fine with, I just hate how people literally copy the exact same combo. 
2- Okay yeah I guess I am leaning a bit towards the personality side, but just because something isn’t used by lots of people doesn’t mean it’s bad. For example, Xtend+ is good and used by lots of people therefore ‘competitive’ right? Something like say yielding, isn’t used by many people but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. It just means it’s not used by many people. 

I guess I am kind of favoring fun over competition, and I get that you have to use good parts to win, but you don’t have to use the exact same parts as other people. You can win by making your own unique combo that is good
I didn’t even think of this one until legit 3 seconds ago but here’s an example- Alter Cronos (MGC) 0 expand wave. Boom. There’s a combo that you wouldn’t see used by many people, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. See what I’m saying?

If it's not being used by a lot of people, it's most likely either bad, or people haven't realized its potential yet (usually the former). There's a reason why it's called the META (Most Effective Tactic Available). If people are actively trying to win, they'll flock to whatever the META is. If it isn't proven to be effective, then it usually isn't used.

You get what I'm saying?